• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Download links are up on the first post of this thread! Now everyone can get it!

And as for iTunes... I have no idea. Why not just download it?

And yes, Youko does compress it, and I did too. Unfortunately, he can compress it much better due to his extremely expensive software. Plus, you also have to realize that this podcast is just about twice as long as the usual podcast, so its just a tad larger.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I came to my computer with an armful of goodies to install, and I was faced with the decision, capture card, brand new photo shop, and a new multi function printer, OR let the podcast keep downloading.

DOWNLOAD SON!
CHRISTMAS PRESENTS CAN WAIT!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
...three hours?

That is madness... That's the second time I've said that today. Wow.

Megaman for Brawl!...oh, wait a second...

Santini

Smash Journeyman
FOR ANYONE TRYING TO GET IT ON ITUNES:

I've had this problem before, and I finally figure out how to solve it.

To get it on iTunes, first delete all the other SMYN podcasts in your library. Then go to iTunes and subscribe again. The 25th episode will download. I just did it, so it works, although it may not be the easiest way.

The Director

Smash Lord
Tangents, people! Tangents! Youko really keeps things on track, although he's gotten caught up in tangents himself in the past...

LOLOLOLOLOL Panda's a negative nancy yet again. Buzz had your number the whole time, tho. Filling in for Youko nicely. :p You're right though, Frigate Orpheon is very bland. Now that I think about it, most of the Prime series was pretty bland...

sabel4

Smash Rookie
And yes, Youko does compress it, and I did too. Unfortunately, he can compress it much better due to his extremely expensive software. Plus, you also have to realize that this podcast is just about twice as long as the usual podcast, so its just a tad larger.
The problem here is that you've got it in a rather high bitrate for a podcast. Almost every other podcast I get tends to run at 32 kbits. You're at 96 kbits, and for spoken dialogue that's a bit extreme, as 32 kbits approximates AM radio. Using my extremely cheap (as in completely free) and kludgey setup of Winamp 5.5 with the LAME MP3 encoder plugin for output (it's a bit oddball, but it's pretty fast) I'm able to get it to a much more manageable sixty percent of its current size at 64 kbits. Plus, it doesn't take that much more time to encode it while it's downloading (yeah, I'm doing both at the same time) than just downloading it on my 1.5 gHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Dell Laptop, and about 20% of CPU cycles.

Thanks for the podcast, will enjoy listening.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
So far, this is my favorite episode so far. Youko's done a great job in all of the podcasts, but it seems like this one had more effort put into it. I like the multiple guests.

Cless

Smash Champion
Porky and Pokey are the same person. I think it's just a bad translation for Pokey because his name is Japanese fits Porky more, but I guess no one cares about continuity translation like they did with Tales.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
****, I wish I was on a roundtable, there's always a bunch of unmentioned things I want to add.

On Wario's recovery, can anyone else besides me see Wario's Down B (Wario Waft) being used as a form to help with recovery, since it launches him up if charged (depending on how long the charging takes, which we need to find out). I think it may work in a way similar to the way that we can spam Marth's Forward B to get closer to the stage.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sariku says:
Roys hair doesn't move much
Sariku says:
When Kirby eats him
Sariku says:
But Marths Does
Sariku says:
When Kirby eats him

So yes, Kirby Roy's hair does move some. But Kirby Marth's hair FLIPS and such when Kirby has his hat ^^

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
****, I wish I was on a roundtable, there's always a bunch of unmentioned things I want to add.

On Wario's recovery, can anyone else besides me see Wario's Down B (Wario Waft) being used as a form to help with recovery, since it launches him up if charged (depending on how long the charging takes, which we need to find out).
Yeh, I find RIGHT after recording I think of so many other things I wanted to say.

Also a while back I made a thread about Wario's DownB for recovery, but I was flamed you could say.

Sariku

Smash Master
Diddy Kong's DOWN B -

He pulls out a Banana. How long it lasts or if you can throw multiple ones I don't know though. It works the same on the ground as the Item though!

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY want to clarify something...

Samus' deisgn is a MIX of two worlds.

If you lok at her KNEES, the design there is actually from Super Metroid, becase in the Prime Series, her knees are long spiked surfaces made for kneeling.

Next, look at her SHOULDERS. They are rounded here. In Zero Mission, they are flat, like when you begin any od school Metroid game. Heck, even after the parasite queen fight in Metroid Prime, she reverts to her old form after getting hit hard, and she gets her old fla t shoukder.

Now, look at her ARM CANNON. It is clearly not from Prime. Prime's nozzle is much larger and wider. It is taken from somewhere else.

She is not just one Samus, she's a mix of two.

Cless

Smash Champion
Umm, rounded shoulders is the Varia Suit. It's always been like that. Flat shoulders is the Power Suit. Samus just looks like Samus. It doesn't matter where the model comes from. It's not blatantly obvious like for the Zelda characters.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, it doesn't matter because there are no girls on the internet.

But seriously, I keep finding out different members are female, and it's throwing me off.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
LOL SamuraiPAnda...*raises hand* i've actually listened to through all 3 parts of the RoundTable....which i think is totally awesome

BTW All of Lucas's moves were shown also!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Haven't listened to the podcast yet but I'm just curious to know something. Did SamuraiPanda do Youko's part in this? Like the easter egg, intro to the round table, reading the viewpoint and shout outs?

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I listened to all three parts of the round table in a row.

Do I get a pin of something?

Did I unlock a trophy?

edit: I don't think I'm going to listen to all of the "competitive talk".
but I'll probably listen to the introductions.

Cless

Smash Champion
I destroyed Pokemon Snap when I played it. Tied for highest score in the Snap contest.

Panda, you should call shenanigans, not bull.

Top Bottom