• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shotokan Dojo - Ryu Social Thread

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I want a Ken (my SF main) and Akuma reskin, similar to the Koopalings. Also because red tends to be the color of my smash chars (red or white).
this! If be down for those. I main (though I'm not competitive at all) ken and I used akuma in my team in MvC3.

I'd also love to see Skyward Sword Link/Zelda (maybe all of them having hyrule warrior skins?) chrom skin for marth, drybones bowser and many others. It could be fun and id pay for that ****

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
this! If be down for those. I main (though I'm not competitive at all) ken and I used akuma in my team in MvC3.

I'd also love to see Skyward Sword Link/Zelda (maybe all of them having hyrule warrior skins?) chrom skin for marth, drybones bowser and many others. It could be fun and id pay for that ****
Everybody would pay.

Ryu isn't much of a party-goer. Maybe that's why he's not very good. Ryu's that guy standing in the corner with his red plastic cup full of ginger ale.

Over 9000 hours on paint.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I'm just dropping in from the Ganon boards to see if any Ryu players would be willing to have a few matches to find your weak points so we can crush you effortlessly get an impression of the matchup.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
I'm just dropping in from the Ganon boards to see if any Ryu players would be willing to have a few matches to find your weak points so we can crush you effortlessly get an impression of the matchup.
I live in Brazil, if you're willing to try a few matches. I'm game!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Playing a DHD last night was a hell of an experience. Bet he didn't expect the Tatsu to knock the can back at him. I lost, but thats cause I'm still shaky with throwing out my kill moves and some gimps. He switched to Cpt Falcon....and that was a bad move. Ate him up in 4 straight Falcon dittos. No one spikes my Ryu and gets away with it without seeing my main :( Was a great set though, love finding solid players on For Glory.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Playing a DHD last night was a hell of an experience. Bet he didn't expect the Tatsu to knock the can back at him. I lost, but thats cause I'm still shaky with throwing out my kill moves and some gimps. He switched to Cpt Falcon....and that was a bad move. Ate him up in 4 straight Falcon dittos. No one spikes my Ryu and gets away with it without seeing my main :( Was a great set though, love finding solid players on For Glory.
Try posting your impressions against DHD on the Match Up thread. May be useful to someone, even if just your first thoughts.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Heh. I still got 5 years left to go.

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
After seeing that GIF, I decided to check his up-throw as well. I thought it was slightly unfitting that they mapped a throw to his close HK animation... Turns out the kick itself is a 2-hit attack as well for any other characters in range.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
My favorite part about this character is how no one can agree on what to call moves. I see Shin, input, true, ex, heavy, SF all used for the same move and that is always fun to watch

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
My favorite part about this character is how no one can agree on what to call moves. I see Shin, input, true, ex, heavy, SF all used for the same move and that is always fun to watch
Yeah, I've noticed that myself ha. It's a fun game to play: "what move are they talking about"!

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
URGE TO SHORYUKEN RISING!

Pretty sweet this dthrow trick. I usually play with :4myfriends:, it will be useful to just mass shield break.

BTW @ Elessar Elessar FA can shield brake on lvl 2? Confirmed? Man that's OP. Would exchange damage for charge time all day.
I was gathering info for my guide yesterday and I decided to test shield damage for the focus tier 2. Since it is known that tier 3 ignores shields (it doesn't break them, just ignore them) I wanted to see if tier 2 had some effect on the shield. So I tested it on a fresh shield (mario) and it almost almost broke it. Seems to be as powerful on shields as Marth's shield breaker, which is good if you ask me.

I live in Brazil, if you're willing to try a few matches. I'm game!
I'm in Paraguay. We should have some matches when possible. Also, if you ever want to come to a tourney here I host the nation's largest tournament. We're having another tourney in October.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
I'm in Paraguay. We should have some matches when possible. Also, if you ever want to come to a tourney here I host the nation's largest tournament. We're having another tourney in October.
About the shield data: Thanks man, it will really help, can't wait to read on your guide, I'm sure I can step up my game a lot, since I hardly have time to lab by my self.

About the invitation, keep me informed on it. If the date for the game falls on a weekend, and having a little cash to spare, may as well join you guys. I'm really thankful for the invite, And i'll make the possible to see if I can tend to it!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
About the shield data: Thanks man, it will really help, can't wait to read on your guide, I'm sure I can step up my game a lot, since I hardly have time to lab by my self.

About the invitation, keep me informed on it. If the date for the game falls on a weekend, and having a little cash to spare, may as well join you guys. I'm really thankful for the invite, And i'll make the possible to see if I can tend to it!
It'll be on the 3rd and 4th of October, Saturday and Sunday. The Smash tourney will be on Saturday the 3rd of October. We usually have an attendance of 75 people, but may have some more this time around, and some Chilean players are coming as well. If you're really interested PM me and let's make it happen.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
It'll be on the 3rd and 4th of October, Saturday and Sunday. The Smash tourney will be on Saturday the 3rd of October. We usually have an attendance of 75 people, but may have some more this time around, and some Chilean players are coming as well. If you're really interested PM me and let's make it happen.
Want to fly a Canadian out for some fun that month? I'll take a week off work ;) haha

Top Bottom