• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
getting the edge hog thing pretty well. wave dash still a little hard but its coming along. I can do moonwalk with alot of characters but NOT shiek. everything else is comin. I cant get the arials down to the ground fast enough.
Just don't worry about moonwalking, it's next to useless for anything except showing off, unless you play C. Falcon or the Links. If you want a hard dash technique, learn pivoting.

Deus_Vult

Smash Rookie
Is there any trick to light shield edge hogging marth besides going on the edge and light shielding?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
not long enough.. if you mean hitting a shield...but if you mean hitting a person, then just enough:p

but no i have no clue...someone find out for us

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
I got a little doubt about counterpicking. I was watching a CF player on a set, he lost the first game and he decided to go "random", FD was selected. He won. Next game he lost and he decided to counterpick with FD. Can he really do that?. I mean, I told him about Dave stupid rule, but he said that rule only aplied to previously counterpicked stages, and FD was first selected random, so he could CP FD. Thanks in advance.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
That all depends on the rules your tournament decides to use.

A lot of tournaments use "Dave's Stupid Rule" modified where you just can't choose the same stage or you can choose the same stage as long as its not in succession.

Basically we can't answer your question because I don't know the rules of the tournament you attended/viewed etc.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
If you're looking for the match up I'd go to the guide. I'm not very familiar with that map so I can't help you much.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
O_O and here I thought brawl sucked everybody in lol.

In KJ I would think you just run away for the most part.

Needle spam find things to CC grab or shield grab.

Other than that check the first page drephen made a pretty good stratey to fight marths in general.

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
You can take advantage of the weird edges in kj64, that makes it hard for marth to grab the ledge. I'm also glad not all people got sucked into brawl. Melee's still too good, Regarding needle stun, I read somewhere that 1 needle stuns for half a seg, or something like that. I dunno how much is it for the whole needle storm.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
30 frames is way too much >_> ... or at least it seems a bit too much....

Either that or I played brawl's hit stunlessness too much.....

Sheik is amazing :).

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. Sheik is way too amazing. And well, regarding the needles that was something I heard, we need to get mew2king in this. He'll tell us. He's too good. xD.
Dude, gotta say, your sheik is quite impressive, I saw some of the pound 3 videos and you did awesome. Got any recent videos?. I'm into melee way too much these days but I haven't found any cool sheik videos recently.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Indeed. Sheik is way too amazing. And well, regarding the needles that was something I heard, we need to get mew2king in this. He'll tell us. He's too good. xD.
Dude, gotta say, your sheik is quite impressive, I saw some of the pound 3 videos and you did awesome. Got any recent videos?. I'm into melee way too much these days but I haven't found any cool sheik videos recently.
XD Thanks man

Recently I haven't made any videos really I should I always wanted to make a combo vid lol now I realized that its takes some time :(.

Down with brawl >_<.

I'm glad I'm still in a meleeish environment :) cuz melee is fun :p.

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
I see. No problem. Just wondering. I started playing competitive melee about six months ago and just recently I starting improving a lot. And now I got this addiction that I need to feed, everytime I play I get a little better. So I want to play a lot. Sadly most people are going the brawl way and that makes me a sad panda. :(.

Anyways, if you make a combo video, I'll be watching fo sho. xD.

So, staying on topic. Sheik can edgehop double fair, that gives me erection. :D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik can go to the bottom of FD thats awesome.

Sheik can't FF fair off of YS that makes me sad :(.

Also Needle canceling at the edge of a stage hitting a marth off the stage and FF fairing makes me feel like the world should rain Ice cream.

I REALLLLLLLY wanna make a combo video >_> my friend made an "Aggression video" of me its pretty random. Even if I made a combo vid it would practically be all like gimps lol.

But because of that I'm gonna try to make a combo vid again >_>.

Btw I actually have some vids of me they are kinda old though and mostly of my marth lol.

The one time I played my sheik I got ***** by my friends M2 LOL.. Then I played his Icz on FD and 4 stocked him.

Then... he like consistently 3 stocks me with peach against my marth :(.

We are weird.

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
LOL @ Sheik's FF fair on YS. You have no idea how many times I died trying to do that, I was kind of stubborn. xD.

You play marth?. haha, me too. I got some inspiration by watching m2k, so I decided to give it a shot. But my Marth kinda sucks, cause I can't beat spacies (this has to do with my inability to do a proper chain grab <.<).

I can do decent againts Falcons. I like this matchup. With Marth and with Sheik. Sheik and Marth gimp Falcon so bad, and it's awesome to do it. :D

Brookman

Smash Hero
you can fast fall and double jump

or walk off fair delay fast fall

or fair without fast fall

or play marth

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
lol. yeah. I learnt that the hard way. :D
And I love melee too. I dunno why they had to make brawl they way it is. It's... so lacking of intensity. Everytime somebody tell me that brawl is more intense that melee, I go falcon on them and give them a much deserved knee. Maybe next time I should throw in a "show me your proof". xD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I played marth because I played m2k for a while and he told a bunch of info no one in the friggin world would know BUT m2k.

I play a lot of different characters really I just play sheik in tournament thats all.

I hate Sheik vs Falcon :( when I had to fight G-reg in pools I went fox cuz I can't stand that match up.

Funny thing is that m2k told me he loves sheik vs CF but hates fox vs CF m2k as fox of course.

Brookman - Yay :) I've come to enjoy melee more because I hate brawl actually.

General_Zod

Smash Apprentice
I started to like that matchup cause the best player in my country is an Awesome cf player. So I learned I lot from that matchup with sheik. The pressure of being constantly tech chased and stomp>knee is difficult to handle sometimes. But I always remember that sheik's awesome moveset out prioritizes(sp?) Cf. Also, sheik gimps falcon in a very traumatic way.

oh yeah, something else, Tech chasing falcon with sheik is pure hotness.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I remember at pound I was up a stock on M2K and the power went out.

WTF!!!?!?!?!?

Then I got close to beating m2k and he told me my sheik was gay :laugh:.

I really stole so much stuff from m2k LOL.

<3 m2k

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Those are great stories. He called me gay when I played him too, lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
"Those who know what they're talking about and can have intelligent discussions talk,
Those who don't should just shut up and leave Smashboards." - Yuna, 2008

How the **** is that sig worthy? You should sig this.

soap

Smash Hero
anyone ever try to clod zero into a reverse needle charge double jump bair, its like the smoothest thing ever, no erection though

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
"Those who know what they're talking about and can have intelligent discussions talk,
Those who don't should just shut up and leave Smashboards." - Yuna, 2008

How the **** is that sig worthy? You should sig this.
You have to know the context, as well as the fact that a lot of people have it in their sig in an effort to actually get intelligent discussion.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I remember at pound I was up a stock on M2K and the power went out.

WTF!!!?!?!?!?

Then I got close to beating m2k and he told me my sheik was gay :laugh:.

I really stole so much stuff from m2k LOL.

<3 m2k
OMG, I would have freaked the hell out if that had happened, especially while beating M2K.
He's like a repository of smash lore. I've only heard of M2K competing with his sheik once, and I think it was when he lost to Mango's jiggly. Does he actually compete with his sheik more than I knew about?:confused:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
m2k has IMO opinion the best sheik the world has ever seen.

Its pretty much not even a discussion of if he has the best sheik in the world atm. He has the best sheik in the world pretty much hands down as of now.

Back when KDJ played though he could have had a sheik at or better than m2k's not sure of that.

M2K's Sheik is by far one of the scariest things I have ever faced.

A huge amount of my knowledge about sheik is from m2k. With the knowledge he gave me I came up with strategies I would never have thought of without knowing it.

If it looks like I'm sucking up to m2k, although in a way I am. He really is that good and his sheik is that good.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I don't own a wii and I haven't even really had a chance to get really into the better competative community. Nobody very serious plays near me back home, at least not that I know of. I go to school in the NOVA area and I know that there are lots of people here but I haven't gotten to get out there and smash. So, I really want people to keep playing competitive melee. I guess I just need to find a melee tournament that I can make it to.

Top Bottom