• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown VI [Feb 6-8]

S.D

Smash Master
@ Atticus Atticus all your points are valid and were all discussed by TOs a while back which led to an increased focus on BAM this year over SS.

While I agree smash should have had more say in scheduling/a lot of other things, I don't think our community is in a position where we can afford to neglect tournaments/organisations such as these yet.

It may not be ideal, but it certainly doesn't hurt for us to play ball to gain stronger footing with Shadowlogic.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
One suggestion would be to divert the would-have-been international funding to interstate players. We should be able to get a fair few (if they're available) since they are much cheaper to fly in. They are otherwise not going to come, and will provide some much needed incentive for locals to actually attend this. @ Plasia Plasia ?
I like this idea.

S.D

Smash Master
Guys 1 week left to register!
Please sign up for what should be another great weekend of smash - those who were there last year know how hype SS can be!

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
My usual doubles partner is unavailable :( so I'd need a teammate for Melee/PM. I might just search on the day.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
My usual doubles partner is unavailable :( so I'd need a teammate for Melee/PM. I might just search on the day.
I'm kind of new, so if you can't find anyone and wanna gamble a bit, i could double with you on Melee, and am thinking of entering PM teams if i can find a partner.

skeneo

Smash Rookie
I registered online and elected to pay via bank transfer, is there a deadline for when the entry fee needs to be paid?

S.D

Smash Master
Prior to the event should be A-OK.
For people without teammates we can sort people into twos on the day.
I'm still looking a melee dubs partner too lol.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
So they sponsor 15 internationals for SF but can't even get 1 Aus player sponsored? Yeah... *** shadowloo.

Apparently they had a low budget so of course they put it ll into getting a guest for a game that already has 14 guests going...

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
hi, very new to smash, but i entered smash doubles with a friend. Was wondering what controllers we were allowed to use. Both of us play on (and prefer to play on) wii u pro controllers. Is that legal?

Those controls are fine :) only banned controller would be the Wii u gamepad since there's only one per setup

yiggs

Smash Rookie
Oh wow! what a ninja! replied even when i edited haha

Thanks for your reply! Now.. second question, will there by any pro controllers there for us to use, or will we have to bring our own? I'm already packing an arcade stick for tekken haha

Gatbitg

Smash Rookie
Will there be a general timetable released for when all the games will be played, or will be start at 12 on the dot

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, BRING YOUR CONSOLES. Last monthly we began the day with TWO WiiU setups and ran the whole day on FOUR PM set ups. That was a terrible effort - please bring whatever you can to the event. Even if its just a gamecube controller adapter - every little bit helps. If you don't bring the gear, we won't have events - it's that simple. Yes, I'm talking to you PM'ers. Please support your own game.

Please, let me know if you are bringing anything.

Side note: VIC vs WA quads exhibition match on Friday sounds like fun

Another side note: If you guys have any plans for money matches, please let me know, and we'll fit it into the stream schedule, most likely on the Friday. Miles vs Codie?

Last edited:

Bu$

HoC
Those two MM almost everyday. Zero hype around and about it. Just another change for one of their big heads to get bigger lmao.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
So they sponsor 15 internationals for SF but can't even get 1 Aus player sponsored? Yeah... *** shadowloo.

Apparently they had a low budget so of course they put it ll into getting a guest for a game that already has 14 guests going...
1) Actually the only guest they paid for was Sako
2) Unfortunate timing with Apex meant that although they tried to sponsor and pay for smash guest(s) they couldn't get one.
Pre-emptive) There were no options for the date. It was that date or no SS at all.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
1) I know.... thats why I typed "Apparently they had a low budget so of course they put it all into getting a guest for a game that already has 14 guests going"
2) I find it hard to believe there was no venue in the whole of Melbourne that couldn't have hosted SS later this year.

again

*** shadowloo.. gently

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Sorry attila teaming with Max.
As for schedule we're working on something more detailed.

As for controllers it is BYO

Last edited:

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, BRING YOUR CONSOLES. Last monthly we began the day with TWO WiiU setups and ran the whole day on FOUR PM set ups. That was a terrible effort - please bring whatever you can to the event. Even if its just a gamecube controller adapter - every little bit helps. If you don't bring the gear, we won't have events - it's that simple. Yes, I'm talking to you PM'ers. Please support your own game.

Please, let me know if you are bringing anything.

Side note: VIC vs WA quads exhibition match on Friday sounds like fun

Another side note: If you guys have any plans for money matches, please let me know, and we'll fit it into the stream schedule, most likely on the Friday. Miles vs Codie?
yeah, miles already owes me 20 bucks from MM's so maybe someone else

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'm bringing a PM/Melee setup as usual. Also @ joeyjoeyjoejoe joeyjoeyjoejoe , in regards to the Project M setups at the last monthly, there were at least 7 PM setups but people swapped the majority of them to Melee as soon as the Melee bracket started. Perhaps stricter rules need to be enforced regarding the balance of PM/Melee setups?

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I'm bringing a PM/Melee setup as usual. Also @ joeyjoeyjoejoe joeyjoeyjoejoe , in regards to the Project M setups at the last monthly, there were at least 7 PM setups but people swapped the majority of them to Melee as soon as the Melee bracket started. Perhaps stricter rules need to be enforced regarding the balance of PM/Melee setups?
Scheduling is such that brackets start at different times; setups should change to whatever game needs to play more matches. In the case of PM last year, there were both less setups available and less entrants. So yeah, once the melee bracket started, it was only natural for the melee setups to take over.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Scheduling is such that brackets start at different times; setups should change to whatever game needs to play more matches. In the case of PM last year, there were both less setups available and less entrants. So yeah, once the melee bracket started, it was only natural for the melee setups to take over.
We were referring to the Couchwarrior's Monthly, where the Melee bracket started several hours after PM and many setups were lost even though there were lots of sets yet to be played in the PM Bracket; PM commonly finishes after the other games due to the setups being swapped to Melee and the bracket being held up because of it. I think if a good balance is struck the games will finish on time because it doesn't make sense that the PM bracket should finish many hours after the Melee one despite starting before it. Designated sections worked well at MW2 and I hope something similar will be employed at SS6.

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Let's not discuss monthlies here, happy to do that elsewhere.

Please bring consoles. That should be the bottom line. We always do designated areas for set ups at Majors. We will ensure no premature switching. We are scheduling (work in progress) PM and Melee singles at different times that will hopefully mitigate issues but the solution has always been simple - bring consoles.

//

Side note: Any interstaters that are coming that would like to commentate, please let me know. Also, any interstaters yet to pre-reg - please do so by tonight, or otherwise let me know, so we can seed you accordingly. Also, if we get enough numbers, maybe we can do crews Friday night.

Last edited:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I was wrong, TODAY is the last day to sign up. So if you missed out yesterday, there's still time go go go

Top Bottom