• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basty

Smash Ace
If we are looking for a hype Falcon player, has anyone considered Darkrain? Otherwise, Ken, KDJ, Mango, Westballz or Hungrybox in my opinion.
We have S2J for a hype falcon if we want some one to come over. or just make tom or bus pretend to be american

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hungrybox is a very awesome person. Even if his character is Puff, he would be great on many more levels than most options. Solid PM and Brawl player too.

He's the guy who's going to happily put a positive face on our country and scene and spam it on social media. Relentlessly.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Wizzy is pretty perfect as the next player. He's arguably the best overall smasher in the world right now, being a top Yoshi in 64 and having the most consistent American P:M performance across the year from what I can tell.
Defeating Colbol in Melee at CEO to place 5th with C.Falcon, he'd certainly be worthwhile to play in Melee too.

Hbox could defeat every in Aus with his HungryFox anyway so it doesn't matter if you hate Puff. As a massive Hbox fan I'd love to have a training session with him more than pretty much anyone else, but nothing wrong with Wizzy either.

Basty

Smash Ace
If wizzy comes I'm gonna learn to play sonic.

but to be honest I REALLY WANT ppu or ken. probs cus i play marth and marth is best character. But wizzy is more likely so I will be happy with him.

also hbox is amazing :)

Basty

Smash Ace
Everyone has to dig deep in their grubby little pockets and give money to Phil so he can defraud us bring over a billion people!
Plot twist: Phil is actually a criminal mastermind and is plotting to make us give him all our money
and pay every player to let him win and become the best in the world

Hughie

Smash Lad
If wizzy comes to a tourney it seems like plup follows, like is plup in love with wizzy or something wth
Plup and Wizzy are just mates from Florida. They practice with each other heaps afaik

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Plup and amsa gave me "after evo ill let you know" replies
Gonna put a word in to Hbox at all Phil?
Once we have enough people that "could" make it, are we gonna have a formalised vote or something?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Gonna put a word in to Hbox at all Phil?
Once we have enough people that "could" make it, are we gonna have a formalised vote or something?
Formalized vote will be done once we get enough yes/no responses.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
rulesets confirmed:
brawl - BAM ruleset (1 stock bo5)
Neutral:
FD
BF
SV
YI (Brawl)
Lylat
CP:
PS1

melee - standard 4 stock, 5 neuts and ps1, 1 ban bo3, no bans bo5

project m - 3 stock
Starter stages: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counter-pick Stages Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone
2 bans

subject to minor change but this is pretty much it

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Shouldn't we trial 3-stock at tourneys leading up to SS? We don't really know how that's going to work yet.

Noied

Smash Rookie
3 stock for PM? it ain't brawl. Perhaps it should be 4 stock the games don't take that long its just a little bit longer then melee but not enough to have 3 stock to make up for it.

sundowns

Smash Rookie
Why not 4 stock PM like the rest of the world? PM has a huge following in Perth (significantly bigger than all the other games), it would be appreciated if a more conventional ruleset was used instead.

Vlade

Social Outcast
3 stock PM is ****ed. Just saying that there are people who have booked flights and **** expecting a standard ruleset for this tournament, what is the justification for making PM 3 stocks?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
since time and scheduling is an issue, and P:M has recently proven itself to take much longer than melee, 3 stock was agreed on. however as said, if it's universally panned then we could perhaps compromise with 4 stock but bo3s until ~top8

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
I'd much rather the latter, though I'm biased because I'll be making it to finals regardless. Taking that stock away really only changes the overall time by like 30 minutes tops, which could easily be mitigated by stricter rules on players attending matches. I've already booked flights along with many other players from Perth and it's a big kick in the teeth to hear the tournament we care about more is being gimped.

Splice

Smash Hero
3 stock for PM? it ain't brawl. Perhaps it should be 4 stock the games don't take that long its just a little bit longer then melee but not enough to have 3 stock to make up for it.
It ain't Melee either so I guess it shouldn't be 4 stock. :rolleyes:

Should be 4 stock since that's what the people want I guess. It's pretty easy to justify P:M being 3 stocks I mean there wasn't really any justification for 4 stocks or extensive testing done for what the best stock count is at any point so it's all free game.
The only real concerns right now are time management and player bias, and tbh with people flying for P:M as their main game I think player bias might as well win this one since I am confident in the scenes ability to provide sufficient set-ups to run the event with haste.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Oh, didn't realise you were planning on bo5s all the way. Honestly I think 4 stock bo3s until top 8 is much better

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I'd much rather the latter, though I'm biased because I'll be making it to finals regardless. Taking that stock away really only changes the overall time by like 30 minutes tops, which could easily be mitigated by stricter rules on players attending matches. I've already booked flights along with many other players from Perth and it's a big kick in the teeth to hear the tournament we care about more is being gimped.
Making it to finals lol no ur not.

Man im a joke at pm and id crush you.

Also pm has takes way longer than melee on average for us australians. Whilst everyone keeps saying it doesnt take as long please look at how long BAM top 8 took with no breaks and come back to me.

We are going to have to either not stream anything for pm below top 4 and make things happen at crazy times off stream, do b03 only until wf/lf/gf, or have 3 stocks.

you guys can make the call there but theres no way we can do the same thing we have been doing so far as pm has been falling behind terribly at every event around the world, especially here in vic.

Last edited:

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Ok.....

Average # of matches with BoF3 = 2.5
Average # of matches with BoF5 = 4

If 4 Stocks + BoF3 -> Average # of Stocks to go through = 4 * 2.5 = 10
If 3 Stocks + BoF5 -> Average # of Stocks to go through = 3 * 4.0 = 12

BoF5's will also have, on average, an extra 1.5 instances of "choosing stages/characters/game setup" over BoF3's.

So the conclusion is, BoF5's with 3 stocks is going to take longer and is a non-standard ruleset. It simply makes no sense.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody said anything about bo5s all the way lol
we'll work with shadowloo on scheduling and look at 4 stock

Last edited:

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Haha I cant wait to see this. If $50 is free money, why not up it to $100? I'm sure Chappos wont decline the challenge :p

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Do you not remember losing to me online against secondaries? $50 is free money
Hate to break it to you buddy but out of all the times we've played I have a positive record, not only that but I've not once played my main. I never enter tournaments here with my Snake because I get ****ing destroyed for it, yet you couldn't even hold a positive record.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hate to break it to you buddy but out of all the times we've played I have a positive record, not only that but I've not once played my main. I never enter tournaments here with my Snake because I get ****ing destroyed for it, yet you couldn't even hold a positive record.
Dude not only are you completely wrong about the record, you cant even place well in perth so how do you expect to even make it out of pools here?

I'll just take your money when you come, it seems like the typical perth is still strong. One day you guys might be good at something again, but this ain't that time. I mean heck, you guys still lose to corpse.

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Dude not only are you completely wrong about the record, you cant even place well in perth so how do you expect to even make it out of pools here?

I'll just take your money when you come, it seems like the typical perth is still strong. One day you guys might be good at something again, but this ain't that time. I mean heck, you guys still lose to corpse.

:)

So $100 then?

Last edited:

sundowns

Smash Rookie
I don't know how 3 stock instead of 4 stock ruins the experience for PM liking players.
Many of us are paying a lot of money to fly over and play some PM (our main game) and melee with the rest of Aus, only to have it reduced to some sort of side-event. As you can imagine, it's a bit of a slap in the face tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom