• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.D

Smash Master
With recovery being so good/broken in PM isn't it a good thing to have stages that negate this? It's why BF was always considered bad for spacies and CP'd, as was Kongo Jungle 64 when it was legal. CP stages need something THAT MAKES THEM ADVANTAGEOUS for SOME CHARACTERS, hence CP not nuetral.

Last edited:

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
I've ordered a Shadowloo pass and the entries and I've selected direct bank transfer as my payment, however when I try to transfer the money it says the account number isn't valid. I've contacted the people asking what I can do and if I can change payment to paypal (didn't choose it cos I don't have one yet). Still waiting on a reply...

Basty

Smash Ace
I picked Norfair because PS1, Skyloft and WW are utter trash (kill me) I think the stage list should be bigger

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm assuming there are still 3 bans?

Starters:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island
Green Hill Zone

Lylat
Warioware
Skyworld

If I want to get rid of low ceilings, I can ban YS, WW and GHZ; cool now I don't have to deal with low ceiling.
Wanna get rid of high ceilings? Dreamland, FoD, and YI (Brawl), DONE
If I want to get rid of stages with no platforms to mixup recovery I can ban GHZ, FD and SV; sweet
Close side blastzones? Warioware, GHZ, YS, ez.
Strange ledges? Lylat, Skyworld. idk if you want to have to ban because of odd ledges, seems a bit wasteful. Don't get hit!
Don't want fox to run away and blast your ass? Ban Dreamland and Skyworld. Lack of a top platform or lack of size on other stages make it harder to camp.

With this stagelist I don't think there are more than 3 of a particular stage so you can ban all of the stages which feature the thing you fear most. I don't know if you guys want 2 bans or 3 with these stages (I see nothing wrong with 3) but just thought I'd throw this out there and making sure people are aware of it. You can often ban all the stages that exaggerate the feature you are trying to escape the most with 3 bans, as far as I can think of general stage features. 2 bans would still be mostly acceptable but you'd have to deal with YI (Brawl) high ceiling sometimes or GHZ/YI when you don't want a low ceiling in some matchups.

With this in mind I think YI(Brawl) and GHZ and WW* should be confirmed starters.
Lylat and Skyworld should remain for now at our monthlies, but if you are fearful of jank for the major, then you gotta acknowledge that currently people are feelin' the jank on these stages. What Sam said about WD on Skyworld platforms is true, and I think playing on it more will cure this but maybe not in time for Shadowloo? I don't play a spacie in PM, and I triangle jump to land on the Skyworld platforms, which is fast enough to do what I want. I put 0 time into the game though, if I owned it I'd learn how to visually WD onto the platform.

*Warioware has nice ledges and awesome platforms and I believe there is no jank, however people can't deal with a blastzone that is barely larger than Fox UpB range from the stage. But play a bit on Yoshis Story and you'll realise WW is not too much smaller than Yoshis, the camera just makes it appear that way. You survive a lot longer off camera in WW than you do on Yoshis.

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I counterpick to Warioware a lot and the stage is pretty similar to yoshi's width wise. Also not sure how many people play PM but getting the files that have rules on the stage select screen along with starters and counter-picks labelled might make things much easier for those who haven't played it with the ruleset.

Edit: Like this but the updated one

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
If I could like Splice's last post more than once I would. WarioWare is actually very similar to Yoshi's Story, just with different platform arrangement. It doesn't deserve being banned.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
The fact you even suggested norfair means you really don't know what good for competitive stages. That stage is a total joke.

Once you actually start attending tournaments youll understand when it comes to stagelists, but otherwise I currently plan to use the stagelist posted by 1am
This comes off as a bit condescending considering Norfair has just had a revamp which seems mad legit, it's very possible that's what he was suggesting.

Besides potentially adding new Norfair I think Splice's list is pretty spot on though.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Norfair might get revamped in future updates to look like PS but with platforms closer to the edge. SOJ has got a video on youtube showcasing it, looks pretty good

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Norfair is pretty eh tho (rite now).
A top platform that intersects vertically with two lower platforms seems clunky. Platforms off stage occur only briefly.
It's basically Skyworld with a bigger blastzone and platforms that aren't always where they should be.

Speaking of new stages I'd like to nominate Hanenbow when it is eventually introduced.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
CEO stagelist was with 2 bans, but some people were unaware and banned 3 anyway.

There's always the gentleman's rule so you can just ask your opponent if it's okay to play on your favourite stage, they might say yes.

Shoutouts to Tin Man for allowing me to counterpick Distant Planet at BAM6.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Distant Planet is one of my favourite PM stages. Tin Man and I would've played on it enough~
It's interesting because it's so large yet platform heights/etc really seem to help slow fatties like Dedede.

Basty

Smash Ace
Back on the topic of buying the shirts and bringing someone over, who does everyone want to come over? For me SFAT, PewPewU, DJ Nintendo or Ken.

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
For me, I decide on every single life decision by the amount of hype it will bring (should I wear red socks or white socks today?) so I'd have to go with aMSa or s2j.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Has any international player even confirmed with Phil that it's possible for them to fly over if sponsored?

based phil

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Not yet. I'll be talking to lots during this week to determine intrest/availability. Going to be talking to mango, s2j, sfat, ppu, ken, kdj, chillin, amsa, axe, hax, colbol, wizzrobe, westballz, fiction, hugs and plup.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Wizzrobe cause that means I could hang out a bit more than I could with Armada with him (age similarities he's like 16 or some **** I dunno)

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Not yet. I'll be talking to lots during this week to determine intrest/availability. Going to be talking to mango, s2j, sfat, ppu, ken, kdj, chillin, amsa, axe, hax, colbol, wizzrobe, westballz, fiction, hugs and plup.
U gonna talk to wizzy? but he's like, 4

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
A visit from Wizzy would make us a flagship P:M Country
And the first confirmation of someone that could come just happens to be him

also remember folks, if the tee spring doesnt get enough, the extra donations to the armada fund would go towards this 2nd player so donations there would only help confirm things will happen.

Basty

Smash Ace
And the first confirmation of someone that could come just happens to be him

also remember folks, if the tee spring doesnt get enough, the extra donations to the armada fund would go towards this 2nd player so donations there would only help confirm things will happen.
I guess if he comes it would be Wizzy v Armada PM Grand Finals

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Redact, have you considered contacting a commentator/player, such as D1? He can commentate P:M, Melee and Brawl.

Wizzrobe is extremely good in all smash games I believe.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
A commentator would not bring anywhere near as much as an actual player. It's pretty clear there.

Basty

Smash Ace
hax just said he can't confirm until at least another few weeks. drpp has deconfirmed, still awaiting a lot of responses
Well most of them are probs at KOC4 right now. Are you going to ask DJ Nintendo, Chu or ESAM. I remember DJ said he would like to come to Australia sometime

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
maybe if the 20 or so other players that people are asking for can't come we might talk to djn, but no one really cares about him here lol. Chu again same story mad boring player to watch and play with, timeouts are lame. ESAM has barely been mentioned as well.

all of those players you've mentioned next to no one has asked for nor do we pay attention to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom