• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Oh, and I forgot to say that I can bring my 15" TV and my own Cube. Is that a big enough TV?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Fri/Sat/Sun of July 27, 28, 29 wow I have an income now I can make it to this tournament and look no raves during those dates I will be there 100% No Johns.......

I will just need a ride and I have much Gas money to put in lol I will get a ride with GUN or talk the Gresham 6 into taking me lol or something fun like that I will get down there don't worry trust me even if I have to sneak under james car ^,^

But Riot will be there so anyone going to SF-Eugene you will get to play Riot also in the Oregon Empire Games tournament 3 you will also get to play me lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Versatility is dumb. I am able to play every god **** character in the game except for Mewtwo and Ice Climbers effectively.
Versatality improves the way you think when you play, it gets you out of doing the same stupid thing every time.
You're going to have to prove you're good with one character before you claim you're good with all of them :laugh:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Versatility is dumb. I am able to play every god **** character in the game except for Mewtwo and Ice Climbers effectively.
You're going to have to prove you're good with one characater before you can claim you're good with all of them. :laugh:

Riot6777

Smash Ace
uhhhhh....
You're going to have to prove you're good with one characater before you can claim you're good with all of them. :laugh:
Versatality improves the way you think when you play, it gets you out of doing the same stupid thing every time.
You're going to have to prove you're good with one character before you claim you're good with all of them :laugh:
.........................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................

**SIGH**

:lick:

Zodiac

Smash Master
Im in for this one, I know I have not been able to make it to a single SF:E event in the past but since this ones in summer and I have a steady job, It'll be for sure.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Apparently eliminating you in like every single tourney that I've been matched with you in isn't enough...? Even in low tier, which is supposedly your specialty?

Check out the crew battle on page 1.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Has anyone else noticed that EVO West is on the same weekend as the current dates for SF:E? Would changing the days for SF:E to the following weekend be a better idea for anyone? Is anyone actually planning on attending EVO West?

Edit:
t0mmy, Bart, take your spam to OSM where it belongs.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
T!Mmy said:
Has anyone else noticed that EVO West is on the same weekend as the current dates for SF:E? Would changing the days for SF:E to the following weekend be a better idea for anyone? Is anyone actually planning on attending EVO West?
YES! VERY MUCH SO! Oh gosh, thank you, I didn't want to say anything because I thought I'd be the only one. I have stuff that whole week and I have church obligations on Sunday and I really want to do singles. July is just a terrible month for me in general, I don' think I'll be spending a day in Oregon during July. Washington --> California --> Utah --> Washington again.

EDIT: EVO is like the new MLG. It is a national thing, not just an Oregon thing.

Ronin686

Smash Ace

Edit:
t0mmy, Bart, take your spam to OSM where it belongs.
I've already freed up my schedule for that weekend..so moving it would not be good.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yeah, Jesse was saying that he was going to attend EVO West. Maybe you should change the dates...

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Urgent: Happenings of Coolness???

I know this is real last-minute, but I thought it was at least worth a shot.

I'm going down to Eugene tomorrow because I have a younger brother who goes there and my parents are going to some meeting.

Here's the thing: I will have about 1-2 hours to kill while down there, and I was wondering if any of you Eugene dudes would like to let me hang out and smash with you from somewhere between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm (the meeting starts at 1:30 pm and will last 1-2 hours probably) tomorrow on Sunday the 3rd, please PLEASE PM me or post a reply as soon as you can!

I'd love to meet any of you! :chuckle:

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I know this is real last-minute, but I thought it was at least worth a shot.

I'm going down to Eugene tomorrow because I have a younger brother who goes there and my parents are going to some meeting.

Here's the thing: I will have about 1-2 hours to kill while down there, and I was wondering if any of you Eugene dudes would like to let me hang out and smash with you from somewhere between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm (the meeting starts at 1:30 pm and will last 1-2 hours probably) tomorrow on Sunday the 3rd, please PLEASE PM me or post a reply as soon as you can!

I'd love to meet any of you! :chuckle:
Come here at noon so that you can come play with us at Big City Gamin'.

http://bigcitybrawl.minornine.com/

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Well, I was planning to try to bum around in SoCal for a week after OC3 and go to EVO West also. I wanna go to SF:E pretty bad, however out of state things > oregon commitments so we will see what happens. If you guys moved it, that would be super rad, but alas, me and jesse appear to be the only ones pondering attending this tournament.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Ah, SWEET! Thanks, I'll try to make it over there. It's even closer to the U of O than the location of SF:E, too! I can probably be there 1:00 earliest, though, but hopefully that will be enough.

See you tomorrow, I hope!

It doesn't matter that much if you miss the starting time, as I don't imagine it will be very big (maybe 10 people?). You can still play friendlies with us and come back to the twins' house afterwards.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter that much if you miss the starting time, as I don't imagine it will be very big (maybe 10 people?). You can still play friendlies with us and come back to the twins' house afterwards.
Cool, cool.

So pumped!

Balloon

Smash Lord
Well, I was planning to try to bum around in SoCal for a week after OC3 and go to EVO West also. I wanna go to SF:E pretty bad, however out of state things > oregon commitments so we will see what happens. If you guys moved it, that would be super rad, but alas, me and jesse appear to be the only ones pondering attending this tournament.
I was wanting to go to OC3 and EVO West sorta. How are you guys getting there?

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I was wanting to go to OC3 and EVO West sorta. How are you guys getting there?
hopefully via automobile... I still need to work out details. I am taking my brothers band on tour for 10 days in early July [www.myspace.com/bookofbelial] If I cant obtain a road worthy vehical prior to leaving with them for tour (I am taking a van for that that HAS to be returned after tour) then I might just get like greyhound or train tickets depending on the time of the trip/costs. Really leaning HARD toward getting something to drive down there though.

I will be 100% for sure going to OC3. EVO has been getting a pretty bad name, but really I think it'd be worth a go. There already seems to be interest in it from EC people and there will be hordes of californians there. The tournament will at least probably be more worth while then your average TANG... No this terrible TANG 20 I hear rumors of is not what I mean by average also. :laugh::laugh:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Apparently eliminating you in like every single tourney that I've been matched with you in isn't enough...?
Every tourney? That was lolsome, as I don't try in tournements. Remember the PSU tourney where I sandbagged you and won and then SD'd against Bladewise's Peach on purpose. You were quite upset... it's just a game.

I'd like to attend both SF:E, 0C3, and EVO West. Let's take this discussion to the OSM thread (headed off there).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Due to circumstances beyond my control (illness) Big City Gamin' is closed today, Sunday the 3rd of June. Everyone is meeting at my apartment instead. If anyone is interested in coming over, you can call 687-6883 to get ahold of me (all the info is located on the first page of this thread).

KRyu

Smash Rookie
bleh that sucked ^^; I ended up not seeing the note on the door 'till 12:30 when I got there and couldn't get ahold of ya by phone when I got home '_';

I guess I won't be able to challenge Shin Ganondorf 'till next time '_';

...then again, I wasn't at my best health today ^^; off and on siezures >_<

(This is Ronnie/AFRO 's first post)

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Every tourney? That was lolsome, as I don't try in tournements. Remember the PSU tourney where I sandbagged you and won and then SD'd against Bladewise's Peach on purpose. You were quite upset... it's just a game.

I'd like to attend both SF:E, 0C3, and EVO West. Let's take this discussion to the OSM thread (headed off there).
Sandbagging is like T-Bagging don't do it!!!!! :dizzy:

lol

Why would you sand bag on a Washington guy? He's a great peach you where bound to lose at that point. :laugh:

And I guess if we ever have to play in a tournament that will be good for me. Because if you sand bag agents me your going to lose. :psycho:

Riot gets a Bi in the tournament muhahahahaha! :psycho:

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I'd reconsider playing this game if you have a history of experiencing seizures.

KRyu

Smash Rookie
I'd reconsider playing this game if you have a history of experiencing seizures.
Heh, no worries, man. I'm actually quite the hard core gamer. however the last few days have been realy hot, that combined with having trouble sleeping and having trouble being hydrated made the siezures act up ^^; I've had the epilepsy all my life and very rarely does it get really bad. Heck, if ever I start to have siezures, I usually stop playing right away ^^

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey Ronnie, everyone was wondering where you were but maybe it was a good thing BCG was closed so you could recouparate. We'll see you next week then.

Also, I'd like to hear from more people about the changing of SF:E to the first weekend of August. As of right now, I'm not sure I can make it to EVO so I can go for either weekend (and currently it's still set for July 27-29th). Kyle, let me know if you're still planning on staying down in CA for EVO or not.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Go ahead and change the date. We are looking into it, so it's better just to change it than have us not show up. Bart said he was also looking into it, so that would mean that the Portland carpool wouldn't be there and the GP carpool wouldn't be there as well.

Kefka

Smash Apprentice
Ultimate frisbee would be amazing...theres plenty of needle-less spots in eugene to play, and cmon james its not _that_ complicated.

But dodgeball would be cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom