• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E - Eugene, Oregon (July 27, 28, 29) - Mission Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Crews Discussion:

If you're interested in Crews, please post so I can get an idea of where to fit it into the schedule. Also, post if you want a Standard Crew Battle (any crew, 4-5 members), Regional Crew (based on City/State), or something else (Team Captains pick members, Random crews, etc).
2 crew battles if time imo. One that is 4-5 Man crews, and then a state regional battle SOregon vs. NOregon. If we did regional it should be extrended to like 6-7 man teams as well.

SOregon vs. NOregon would be really fast also, like an hour or so tops.... probably a half hour. So IMO we do both =)

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Crews Discussion:

If you're interested in Crews, please post so I can get an idea of where to fit it into the schedule. Also, post if you want a Standard Crew Battle (any crew, 4-5 members), Regional Crew (based on City/State), or something else (Team Captains pick members, Random crews, etc).
Creeewwwssssss. 5 members plz. I want to be on the Eugene crew.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. Great time at Big City Brawl. Had lots of fun making Poffins t!MmY. But you overflowed it!!!

I will most likely make it, hopefully bringing Shin.

OMG Pit's gonna be cool!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No fair, Pit gets to fly. He could barely flap his stubby wings in his games while Kirby could fly as much as he wanted, and who goes and gets Icarus Wings? I hope to see Cupid Kirby in Brawl.

Wait this and the BCG topic should be discussed in OSM...

Balloon

Smash Lord
Um, I'm not driving to Eugene to do any sort of physical activity with anyone. The reason I'm driving to Eugene is to play smash brothers with people. The outside activities idea is lame IMO.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Is it? It seemed to me that I was just expressing my viewpoint on that matter. If other people want to go and do it then it's fine with me. I'll stay behind and play smash with whoever doesn't want to participate in those physical activities.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Wait, WA is coming? That's insane. This is like a 6 hour drive for you guys xD. Cool though.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I don't think the entry should be upped. It is Smashfest: Eugene after all, where the main purpose was to have a good time, and not just be showing up for the tournament and leaving.

Dodgeball is the fastest activity, easiest to explain and enforce rules in, and really easy to find a good place to do it. Ultimate Frisbee is slow, takes a long time, the rules are pretty garbs, and there are hypodermic needles in the grass in Eugene.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The entrance fee will not be raised. It is pretty much already $10 for Singles (Sunday).

Everyone please notice
We have about 20 confirmed players, but only 5 confirmed setups (GCN/Wii + TV). If you are planning on bringing any setup, or partial setup, please post and let me know. If you weren't planning on bringing games/TVs, please reconsider and post to let me know.

James/Tudios, let me know what you're planning on bringing. Thanks.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Eggz: Bring Ka-master or all butt-monkey loving will be denied.

On the dodgeball/frisbee topic: We shall do both and none for those who wish not to do either. But it will probably take place during the time scheduled for pizza & icecream, so might as well take a break from Smash, enjoy the air, sun, and stretch for a bit. I'm sure it's ok if people don't even bother leaving the chair they sit at to play Smash though.

The hyperdermic needles are at Heroin Park, not Monroe Park. There is only the occassional drunk hobo in Monroe Park.
Tai Chi, Pwang Gai Noon Ryu, and various Kobudou Okinawa weaponry or Ninja weaponry will most likely be demonstrated at this time as well as all the music or strange activities the hippies will be doing.

Personally, I'd rather go to Skinner's Park, it is 1,337 times more awesome and has water-enhanced playground equipment. But it is quite a hike to get there, maybe only a 5 min drive though.

But if we're having this thing at my mom's place than it'd be quite a distance from any of the above mentioned parks.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
The entrance fee will not be raised. It is pretty much already $10 for Singles (Sunday).

Everyone please notice
We have about 20 confirmed players, but only 5 confirmed setups (GCN/Wii + TV). If you are planning on bringing any setup, or partial setup, please post and let me know. If you weren't planning on bringing games/TVs, please reconsider and post to let me know.

James/Tudios, let me know what you're planning on bringing. Thanks.
I can bring my Wii + Game. No extra TV's, however.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I might be able to get together a caravan for the long journey over. I'll chat up the locals, and if we come, we'll probably bring at least one full setup.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
I am a veritable newb to the forums, this being my very first post. However, I wish to put my name down on the list for everything; I eat, breathe, and live Melee, so I'm not going to miss out on this awesome opportunity like I did two months ago. In case you're wondering, I actually live about four blocks from the Gamer's Oasis in West Salem, and though I hadn't been looking to actively participate in a decent tournament, I am really bashing my head against the wall for missing an opportunity that very nearly fell in my lap.

In summary, I'm friggin' PUMPED!

Also, if any of you reading this happen to live in (or even fairly near) Salem (I'm talking to you, Doc Holiday, Duke, Zapdos275, and Exodia275), please please PLEASE send me a PM and let's work out getting together and playing some Melee, people!

Eggz

Smash Hero
James, WA isn't just leaving immediately afterward because Nate's not driving. Nate has work sunday mornings, which is why we can't stay. Since we're driving with Jem and Jamo, we will stay for a while. I still gotta make sure with them though.

So yeah, I guess if OR doesn't increase the entry fee, WA will just pay extra to make the pot bigger.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Geez. Josh and I always miss the big ****. Ah well, Daft Punk will be well worth it.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Wow, is it possible you like this game more than I?
The answer is quite possibly yes. You could say I'm a bit of a statistical outlier; I might not compare to most of 'you guys', but I still love playing. Plus, I'm at least decent with every single character in the game (except quite ironically the space animals), and very good (for the people I play with) with about eight different characters. Mind you, it takes a bit of practice to transition from one character to another, but it's a great way to throw off someone you play a lot with quick switch-ups.

(The characters I'm best with are, in order of row, Dr. Mario, Mario, Peach, Ness, Ice Climbers, Samus, Sheik, Zelda, Jigglypuff, and Marth. I guess that's 10.)

Ronin686

Smash Ace
The answer is quite possibly yes. You could say I'm a bit of a statistical outlier; I might not compare to most of 'you guys', but I still love playing. Plus, I'm at least decent with every single character in the game (except quite ironically the space animals), and very good (for the people I play with) with about eight different characters. Mind you, it takes a bit of practice to transition from one character to another, but it's a great way to throw off someone you play a lot with quick switch-ups.

(The characters I'm best with are, in order of row, Dr. Mario, Mario, Peach, Ness, Ice Climbers, Samus, Sheik, Zelda, Jigglypuff, and Marth. I guess that's 10.)

I demand doc dittos!

brdy_

Smash Lord
Question: Is it safe to assume that all Eugene smashers have dreads, etc.? Edumacate me plz.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
I demand doc dittos!
I'll do what I can. Admittedly, the Doc is rather near the bottom of my mains, though an hour or two would probably fix that right up. I look forward to SF:Eugene!

(I have a pretty sweet ponytail. ~_^)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Plus, I'm at least decent with every single character in the game (except quite ironically the space animals), and very good (for the people I play with) with about eight different characters.
I play all those characters except Ness, Peach, and Ice Climbers. But I'm also good with the space furries. Ditto match me at SF:E if you want, I have the most variety of characters played in OR. Last tourney (OSU) I played: Pichu, Dr. Mario, Shiek, Fox, Marth, Jigglypuff. At the last Eugene event I went with: Mario, Link, Captian Falcon, Marth, Shiek, Fox, Falco.
And somehow I didn't win Mr. Versatality at the OR Smash Awards...

Balloon

Smash Lord
Versatility is dumb. I am able to play every god **** character in the game except for Mewtwo and Ice Climbers effectively.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
I play all those characters except Ness, Peach, and Ice Climbers. But I'm also good with the space furries. Ditto match me at SF:E if you want, I have the most variety of characters played in OR. Last tourney (OSU) I played: Pichu, Dr. Mario, Shiek, Fox, Marth, Jigglypuff. At the last Eugene event I went with: Mario, Link, Captian Falcon, Marth, Shiek, Fox, Falco.
And somehow I didn't win Mr. Versatality at the OR Smash Awards...
That's totally sweet, and I love the look on my friends faces when I trounce them with Pichu. It's all about the fsmash and forward B! ^_^ Also, I love how frustrated my friends get the first couple of times they play against my Jigglypuff; nobody ever expects the Wall of Pain until it's too late. Good times.

I've always kind of longed to be able to improve with the space animals, but it's almost like I don't have the reflexes to tech and simply move the stick to keep up with their response times. Even C. Falcon is a bit much, though I can't get enough of those SH'd knees-to-the-face. (Giving, not receiving, heh.)

If/when we meet, I'd love some tips and pointers on working with the space animals. It's really annoying for me, especially with them being in the top two tiers, and Falco with his CHEAP spike. (One of my friends uses it ALL the time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom