• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Series that you hope SSB4 will revive

Crimnonin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gettinjiggy
3DS FC
0920-0728-2546
Duck Hunt: The Military FPS you'd love to hate.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
^^^ Look at the avatar I have.
And Bell Tolls.
With Sable and Takamaru being the only notable retro ATs (not counting Devil though), I think there's a glamor of hope that one of the developers will revive the franchises.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Well I never played most of the series represented in Smash, but I would like to try a new F-Zero... and I hope that Sakurai goes back on what he said about Kid Icarus not getting another game for about 25 years... That's about it for me.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well if the rumors are true about Isaac actually being playable (Or heck, even if he is just an AT again) obviously they need to revive Golden Sun. Yes, Dark Dawn was meh, but if the first two games are just the "prologue", we need more than just one game after that. AND WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE DARK DAWN ENDING?

Oh, and Punch-Out!! needs a new game. Technically there's only two, even though the Wii remake did change quite a bit.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
F-Zero hopefully :(

Maybe he was making an open plea to Nintendo, or he's already savvy about plans for a new F-Zero. Or maybe he's planning to direct an F-Zero reboot. Sakurai would be a good man for the job, since he basically invented Captain Falcon as we know him now.
Oh please no I don't want a Sakurai made F-Zero :crying:

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
StarTropics made by Sakurai, I could die happy.
That means his bias would get Mike Jones in the next SSB, and he'd include the villain Zoda, and for all I know... the yet non-existent DARK MIKE as well. :D
StarTropics enemies all around Adventure Mode. Assist trophy of ST bosses, or NavCom:rob: shooting missiles from the submarine.

Yeah. It's the best possible outcome for my favorite Nintendo IP.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Heh, funny you bring that up. One of my favorite Sonic games overall.
I just feel both sides could have been polished a bit better. But as a whole game? It was awesome. Don't regret the $90 I spent on it (Import).

... still, the classic side didn't feel quite as "classic" to me. I'm one of those freaks who's completed S3/K close to 90 times, and Sonic 1 next to 40. And it feels like Sonic has Melee physics when he jumps, or something.
(Not to mention the super nerfed rolling, and lack of true bouncing).

Anyway, my last Sonic game until SEGA is done experimenting with genre-swapping again.

-

OH almost forgot.
:icsmelee::popo: Because they need a better game than the one they have.
I'd like something that feels more polished overall. Maybe add 4 Player support.
I'd personally rather they keep experimenting with the franchise, since there are a ton of fan made Sonic projects that go the more traditional route, but are top notch in terms of quality. SEGA doing this is redundant, they should continue trying fresh ideas, since the majority have produced at least solid games, even if all of them aren't amazing.

Generations was intended to be a send off to the old era of Sonic, since they are trying to do new things from here on out.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
StarTropics made by Sakurai, I could die happy.
That means his bias would get Mike Jones in the next SSB, and he'd include the villain Zoda, and for all I know... the yet non-existent DARK MIKE as well. :D
StarTropics enemies all around Adventure Mode. Assist trophy of ST bosses, or NavCom:rob: shooting missiles from the submarine.

Yeah. It's the best possible outcome for my favorite Nintendo IP.
Dark Mike isn't distinct enough, he should be a pallete swap.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Quest 64. But that'd require the series to get any form of representation first. It is public domain, so it's a little easier.

> Implying many care.
What? It's public domain? I thought THQ owned it or something...

Oh! And Nintendo needs to revive Duck Hunt, Ice Climber, Balloon Kid, StarTropics, Mole Mania, The Frog For Whom The Bell Tolls, Mysterious Murasame Castle, Legendary Starfy, Golden Sun, and Advance Wars.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What? It's public domain? I thought THQ owned it or something...
Past tense. They went out of business and nobody bought the series. Nintendo did not grab it either. Anything can happen with it now. Also helps I'm trying to make various products out of it at the most as fan stuff. No intent on selling anything I make if either A) It's a romhack, or B) I don't own the series, or finally C) The product isn't original enough to sell(you know, making something similar to another isn't the smartest idea. My card game very is... not so good in design. It's a combination of Magic and Pokemon)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Past tense. They went out of business and nobody bought the series. Nintendo did not grab it either. Anything can happen with it now. Also helps I'm trying to make various products out of it at the most as fan stuff. No intent on selling anything I make if either A) It's a romhack, or B) I don't own the series, or finally C) The product isn't original enough to sell(you know, making something similar to another isn't the smartest idea. My card game very is... not so good in design. It's a combination of Magic and Pokemon)
Damn... THQ made some good wrestling games for the N64... and I actually liked Quest 64... guess it means it's never gonna be available on Virtual Console.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Damn... THQ made some good wrestling games for the N64... and I actually liked Quest 64... guess it means it's never gonna be available on Virtual Console.
Actually, with no company to pay, it's a matter of "Who is willing to pay 10 dollars for this?" I'd say if they properly translated and implemented the Japanese changes(which is next to identical. Just gotta translate a cutscene, a tiny amount of text for each readable sign, and that's it), although some changes use new coding, like you can get up to 3 items, and NPC's do give new items here and there, Critical Hits, and auras that appear based upon your element and a stat leveling up, and lastly, you can do two physical attacks at once. Many might see that as a "tip" for the game. But it was only properly done on the Japanese version.

It's a Memory Pak game so you also have to change that up. Which has been what kept some games back, so...

The Gameboy remake has a remotely better chance since it's completely done. Two glitches aside. Has on-cartridge saving as well. Sadly it got no UK release.

I made a Quest 64 group, so maybe that might be a better way to explain to you all these differences.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Not really a revival since the series is still ongoing, but IS needs to bring Lip back to the Panel de Pon/Puzzle League franchise.

I like the idea of a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie using Duck Hunt. I'd really just like any collectathon platformer.

King K. Rool needs to come back to Donkey Kong as well. Come on Retro, make a perfect ending to your trilogy...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not really a revival since the series is still ongoing, but IS needs to bring Lip back to the Panel de Pon/Puzzle League franchise.

I like the idea of a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie using Duck Hunt. I'd really just like any collectathon platformer.

King K. Rool needs to come back to Donkey Kong as well. Come on Retro, make a perfect ending to your trilogy...
Oh no, I don't want DKC to end. I want more DKC. They just need to give Dixie back her spin from the SNES trilogy. I hated how they nerfed her to be merely a double jump for Donkey Kong.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh no, I don't want DKC to end. I want more DKC. They just need to give Dixie back her spin from the SNES trilogy. I hated how they nerfed her to be merely a double jump for Donkey Kong.
I mean for the "Returns" trilogy. Retro needs to bring back the Kremlings for the perfect final 2D platformer.

Then we'd have the original trilogy, and the Returns trilogy.

Retro would need to make a 3D collectathon DK then.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I mean for the "Returns" trilogy. Retro needs to bring back the Kremlings for the perfect final 2D platformer.

Then we'd have the original trilogy, and the Returns trilogy.

And then be bought by Microsoft?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not sure if I want another Donkey Kong 64... collecting bananas and medals was really tedious... moreso than Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And then be bought by Microsoft?
Not until they make a game with a foul mouthed furry animal that goes through his entire game while drunk.

Not sure if I want another Donkey Kong 64... collecting bananas and medals was really tedious... moreso than Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64.
Well, considering Diddy and Dixie have been reduced to glorified backpacks, I think a DK "64" that's more like Banjo would be perfect. Only DK would collect things, and the other Kongs would work as his various backpacks.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
:( Damn it, Retro... you bring back DKC but then you reduced the Kongs into glorified power-ups for Donkey Kong. How I wish for the other Kongs to be independent from Donkey Kong and from each other.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Ballon Fighter stage will hopefully spur a sequel.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Ice Climbers: Enough of Mario, he sucks. This guys need another game.
Captain Falcon: I don't like that Mario Kart is stealing from F-Zero, so it needs to return. 100 racers at high speed bumping into each other competing for the Grand Prize is a cool concept.
Metroid: A good old fashion 2-D Metroid without the FPS bulls*** and with Samus being a cold blooded badass instead of the stupid sexist crybaby she is in Other M.
Duck Hunt: If the 3DS has that face shooting game and Pokemon Radar there is excuse to have a Duck Hunt game that lets you shoot 3D CGI birds in your room.
Golden Sun: This games are too good to be killed. Enough of Mario.
MOTHER: They can milk with HD Mother, Mother 2 and Mother 3 remakes. I don't see why not. They would cash of it until there is no tomorrow. Reggie is a fool and doesn't recognize how much money this would bring to his a** wallet. But is Japan's decision....

Shog

Smash Ace
I would like F Zero revival because it is really, really advanced for a ""fun"racer(let's call it that). It could also get a story mode which allows C.Falcon to fight or somethin, you know. Like Story and Classic mode, latter being racing and stuff, with Online and everything.

I would also approve of Metroid 5, which should be about the Metroid DNA taking over Samus or something with Chozo I dunno. Because Metroid 4 kinda ended the story.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I would also approve of Metroid 5, which should be about the Metroid DNA taking over Samus or something with Chozo I dunno. Because Metroid 4 kinda ended the story.
I think that's the problem. Metroid is kinda over with Fusion and the only thing that can be done is prequels and going by the examples of Other M and SW: The Phantom Menace we know prequels are mostly destined to suck. But if somehow they managed to make a super engaging sequel to Fusion it would be awesome.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I'd say Ice Climbers in a flash, but they aren't even relevant enough for Smash anymore. :sadeyes:

I'm REALLY hoping Sakurai's note about Falcon in his reveal is a hint of some sort. I could do with a new F-Zero.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................. Wind Waker 2.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd love to see it bring Panel de Pon to the states. None of these "remove every important element but the gameplay" versions.

F-Zero as well, but everybody knows that.

With 4 characters in Twilight Princess style, I'd love that game to get a sequel.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
What I'm holding out for:

• :4duckhunt: : The poor guy doesn't even get a virtual console release. Really?
  • :rosalina: : I know I have a huge problem with her. But that problem is that she's such a minor, shoehorned character even within her own series. If she got her own identity like :4wario::4dk::4yoshi:, things would be different...
  • :popo:: I'm still hoping they get some attention. They may be gone from SSB, but everybody knows who they are.
Rosalina isn't minor or being shoehorned in. She's becoming a major character now and she never was shoehorned in to begin with.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Do I even need to say it? Come on now. Ice Climbers: Uprising is long overdue.
I like the idea of Rosalina getting her own series. Make it happen, Nintendo!
A Duck Hunt based arena shooter would be pretty cool too. Dogs vs Ducks team deathmatch.

Top Bottom