• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 27, 2014] The Shape Of Melee To Come 5 Feat Mango, Armada, and More! (Kirtland, OH)

tm

Smash Ace
TM better be there or we will have some problems. i will drive his as personally if i have too.

how come you dont play with me, 1der, derf, brian and d-ski on Wednesday bro? we all play in bg. if you are free hit us up and join, although i feel we should do this twice a week with one day being in toledo and the other in bg to help everyone out
Don't worry, I'm going. Bringing a few others as well. I'd love if we played in Toledo, BG is not too bad but becomes a hassle when I have schoolwork and already have a 30+ minute commute every day, then driving to BG on top of that...

Well I'll be heading down there. So if anyone needs a ride I'll be glad to help. tm could always hit up Willoughby and catch a ride with me down there if he wanted.

Or Dempt. I could give him a ride too.
I would take, but I have other guys coming with me in the car. If it was just me or me + Kevin that would be sick though. See you there man

4%, I want friendlies :)

4% APR

Smash Champion
Hell yea brother.
If anyone sees me standing there not playing ask me to play, if you want to. I want to.

Jasker

Smash Rookie
first tourney for me, wish me luck ^^ been playing melee since Sept. :p

ProfessorPoliwag

Smash Rookie
Me and 3 buddies will be going, mainly for Project M. I'm sure we'll play Melee, but we're more into PM. First tourney for all of us, seems like a fun time.

ProfessorPoliwag

Smash Rookie
Also, are there any weekly friendlies in the area? looking to play some other people in PM. This probably isn't the place to ask, but I'm new to Smash boards.

Last edited:

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Also, are there any weekly friendlies in the area? looking to play some other people in PM. This probably isn't the place to ask, but I'm new to Smash boards.
You live in hudson? if you're willing to come to kent you can play with me and the kids I play with. We play WAAAAAAYYYY more melee though. Or with warning I can play in your area, I drive through hudson on the way home from work.

Also, in case you didn't know: Our area's facebook group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEOHBURGH

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
This is tomorrow! How excited is everyone? We're hoping for 100 singles entrants and I think we can do it! So as usual, this is my "What can I do to improve my experience and help this tournament be amazing?" post. So here's some simple steps to follow.

1. Bring exact change for the events! Don't hold up the registration line by making us rummage for change in our stash.

2. Make yourself familiar with the map in the Smashboards post. Where to park for free and how to get to the rooms!

3. Bring a setup if you want. It removes your venue fee. Less money out of your pocket. If you need to know what a set up is, it's a CRT TV, Gamecube/wii, and melee fully unlocked. (if you need help carrying, message me, I have a dolly!)

4. Extension cords and power strips are much welcomed. they help us run more tvs!

5. Bring your own controller! this seems to be lost on some people.

6. Have fun, be nice, and try your best

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Just told they have room for 45 setups, so let's bring em! I want lots of friendlies at this and..

Accepting all MM's from anyone and everyone!

4% APR

Smash Champion
This is tomorrow! How excited is everyone? We're hoping for 100 singles entrants and I think we can do it! So as usual, this is my "What can I do to improve my experience and help this tournament be amazing?" post. So here's some simple steps to follow.

1. Bring exact change for the events! Don't hold up the registration line by making us rummage for change in our stash.

2. Make yourself familiar with the map in the Smashboards post. Where to park for free and how to get to the rooms!

3. Bring a setup if you want. It removes your venue fee. Less money out of your pocket. If you need to know what a set up is, it's a CRT TV, Gamecube/wii, and melee fully unlocked. (if you need help carrying, message me, I have a dolly!)

4. Extension cords and power strips are much welcomed. they help us run more tvs!

5. Bring your own controller! this seems to be lost on some people.

6. Have fun, be nice, and try your best
dont listen to this guy, just show up with a stack of 50's and park illegally

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Singles closes about a half hour after doubles ends. give some time for people to go get food while we finish seeding.

ProfessorPoliwag

Smash Rookie
You live in hudson? if you're willing to come to kent you can play with me and the kids I play with. We play WAAAAAAYYYY more melee though. Or with warning I can play in your area, I drive through hudson on the way home from work.
Cool, well I'll be hanging around the tournament, might say hi and see what's up. I don't think I'll be playing in the event, but I'll be there for friendlies and stuff. Just seeing what a smash event is like.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Cool, well I'll be hanging around the tournament, might say hi and see what's up. I don't think I'll be playing in the event, but I'll be there for friendlies and stuff. Just seeing what a smash event is like.
Dude your Poliwag is too sick, no joke my avatar used to be a politoed in a hat just like that. Wish i still had the pic

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
side note, if anyone found a black 3ds with a copy of advance wars ds in it let me know. it randomly vanished during the weekend and i am just trying to cover all ends
If I get wind of anybody knowing I'll let you know. I didn't find any DS's though

BrolyBig

Smash Rookie
Only like, a million people.
You live in Vienna oh that's about a half hour away from me. By any chance do you know of anyone within a half hour of Greenville PA that would want to train? maybe even you perhaps. My friend and I are looking for good smashers to train with that live within a half hour of us. possibly train once or every other week.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Pretty big chance in coming and FREE IC'S they are not going to be the best character in the game either ways so PLEASE :(!

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone The Shape of Melee To Come 5 has just launched it's pre-registration. You need to register to compete! It's gonna be an amazing experience. This will moist likely be capped at 150! Here's the link: http://gdlent.com/register/

Also, a shirt and program is available with pre-reg, which is an awesome way to support the future of GDL and the NEOH smash scene.

Some reasons to come
  • Great Big House 4 practice
  • Awesome Location
  • Food/drink for sale just outside the venue all day and night
  • Dozens of Melee setups
  • Quality stream broadcasts, including one dedicated to Smash.
  • Try not-yet-released games from Cleveland indie developers
  • Sweet videogaming apparel and art for sale
Other Events:
  • Mario Kart 8 Grand Prix (Free, all day, see below for rules)
  • Nintendo Entertainment System Retrogaming Challenges (Free). Nominate games you want via TwitterorFacebookwith #LVexpo
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV tournament ($5)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament ($5)
  • The King of Fighter XIII tournament ($5)
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade hardware, UD-CPS2 & Supergun, $5)

Venue will increase to 12$ on Sept 12.
Any other questions you can ask me!

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm gonna destroy you guys in mario kart. Can't find the rules though.
Rules are somewhere on GDLent.com, I'm not the one running that though.

I think it's like you play 4 races and your placement turns into points and then top 4 race a few more times.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Just giving this the old bump so more people see it. Armada and Mango will be here! So let's have an insane tourney.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys 8 Bit Evolution is sponsoring this tournament. They're gonna be selling custom controllers and some other stuff there. Also, here's some of the awesome prizes they're going to be giving away. If you bring a setup, you're in the running to win one of there amazing prizes!

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
What time should we get there/when does it start?

Is Brinstar actually a counterpick?

Top Bottom