• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 11, 2015] The Break Smash Bi-Weekly! FRIDAYS (Melee) (Dunellen, NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
This is late to be asking, but my plans for getting there aren't going to work out. Any way anyone could give me a ride? I'm at Rutgers.

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
This is late to be asking, but my plans for getting there aren't going to work out. Any way anyone could give me a ride? I'm at Rutgers.
It probably is too late but I know that internet explorer and some other guys carpool from Rutgers to this tourney. If you could by chance find them then you could ask for a ride (maybe leave a message on his profile). Otherwise public transportation should be possible.

Also, new carpeting hype!

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
It probably is too late but I know that internet explorer and some other guys carpool from Rutgers to this tourney. If you could by chance find them then you could ask for a ride (maybe leave a message on his profile). Otherwise public transportation should be possible.

Also, new carpeting hype!
Yeah, they were the plan that didn't work out. Car's full. Public transportation would be fine, but it's 4 train tickets to get there and back and I'm poor. But yeah, that new carpeting hype. I can't miss that, definitely need to find a ride.

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
Well how about this. It's only a 15 minute ride so why don't they just go back and pick you up? it's 30 minutes to do that and another 30 minutes to take the extra trip to drop you off. I'm sure if you gave the driver a decent amount of money (maybe the amount you'd ordinarily pay for the trains) he'd find it worth his while plus he gets to help out a smasher. There are also plenty of nice smashers there who may be wiling to help you get home, especially if Rutgers is on their own way home.

Or use M2K trunk strats

Last edited:

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a decent amount of money. But
Well how about this. It's only a 15 minute ride so why don't they just go back and pick you up?
Didn't work out. So if anyone else sees this, still looking for a ride. I'll pay anyone who takes me's entrance fee.

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
The Break Smash Bi-Weekly #10 - Smash Bros. Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Swedish Delight
$126.00
2nd
Teczero
$63.00
3rd
Smellycat
$21.00
4th
EmuKiller
5th
dizzkidboogie
5th
Jack
7th
RUM | Overflow
7th
Vino
9th
Zippy
9th
Vestboy_Myst
9th
C!Z
13th
Maruf
13th
Zerokoh
13th
Snoblo
13th
DCScribz
17th
JustCallMeDaniel
17th
Crossie
17th
SerialTV
17th
Teh_squirrel
17th
Quad

Next one is on Mar 22.

CatcherAndTheRai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CatcherAndTheRai
is this thing still happening on march 21? also if so, is there any parking near the venue and how much would it cost? Is there any fee to participate?

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
is this thing still happening on march 21? also if so, is there any parking near the venue and how much would it cost? Is there any fee to participate?
It is.
You can park right in front of the venue more or less.
There is no venue fee but it costs $10 to enter the tournament. If you just want to play friendlies/hang around it's free.

CatcherAndTheRai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CatcherAndTheRai
Ooo I really like food! haha :3 Also, my friend is wondering what kind of skill level these players are at?

C!Z

Smash Lord
It is.
You can park right in front of the venue more or less.
There is no venue fee but it costs $10 to enter the tournament. If you just want to play friendlies/hang around it's free.
We don't exactly encourage just coming to hang and play friendlies. There isn't exactly a plethora of space. A free venue fee should encourage entering the tourney and not be taken advantage of since it's very generous.

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
It looks like @ Dan Salvato Dan Salvato is not going to be able to make it tomorrow... so can people please remember to bring consoles and/or TVs, just in case we need them?

Thanks in advance.

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uadykf4Ptn8&list=PLfsHddFGhhKjkuZpP_C-75mKiQiFUxPl9

The Break Smash Bi-Weekly #11 - Smash Bros. Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
CT|EMP Mew2King
$126.00
2nd
CT Zero
$63.00
3rd
Starlord
$21.00
4th
MGFC Dekunut
5th
Call Me Mars
5th
Overflow
7th
Archie
7th
Pman
9th
The Pink Menace
9th
Nasty
9th
Vestboy_Myst
9th
TwizzlerJ
13th
Sexual Pikachu
13th
Rizzi
13th
Scooter Dave
13th
Str8wu
17th
Onyx
17th
boot
17th
Roid
17th
xxxxxxxxxxBRNDN
17th
Andres

Next tournament is on April 4! Hope to see you guys there!

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I could probably come to one of these eventually, but it would have to be after school stops. That three hour drive from Maryland is just one hour too long.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
could I get a calendar or something that lists the days this is happening? I know its bi-weekly but this would be easier to use quickly

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Would anyone object to me pushing this next bitterly back a week to April 11?

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Personally I wouldn't like that, but it is your tournament. Go for it.
Well I wont be able to show up till around 7 to 7:30... so unless someone wouldn't mind showing up at 6 to start helping direct setup, everything is going to run behind.
  • Chairs
  • TVs (make sure the Widescreen TV is in the right spot)
  • Power

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Last edited:

zerokoh

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to get the Smash community to switch to LCDs for years now. I've even run tournaments on them in the past and had top players say they couldn't notice a difference. It seems the Smash community is starting to open up to the idea. This Friday, wanna try running the stream station on LCD?

http://smashboards.com/threads/apex...the-door-for-fgc.322587/page-77#post-15172294
I would recommend using an LCD for a casual station or something initially and see if people are cool with it before implementing it in the actual bracket. Just my 2 cents...

*chess*

Smash Rookie
Is this going on tomorrow I would drive out to get some new competition, anyone good confirmed?? Would be a waste of time and money if there's no notable players

LLDL

Smash Hero
Is this going on tomorrow I would drive out to get some new competition, anyone good confirmed?? Would be a waste of time and money if there's no notable players
There are a lot of good players going. Show up to find out ;)

*chess*

Smash Rookie
Already confirmed for empire weekly sorry guys will show up and beat yall another time. would like to talk tp mafia and take some peach notes doe

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
Whether or not top players can notice a difference is a subjective measure of the lag, but there was that one MIOM article recently that makes a pretty compelling case for high quality LCD monitors regardless. I'd imagine there's a lot of other good research out there that compels you to want to make this change and not just the feedback of some players, and if so I'd be interested in seeing it. Overall, from my personal experience (lol) I'd be in favor of LCD monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom