• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[See post #603] SoCal Melee Arcadian Tournament - Sept. 12

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
Wow good **** s2j. I got lucky at bobas tourny I hope I don't play you again.
****in adam, like taking candy from a baby lol

I think to continue the high turnout dave you should make it where the winner of one of these can't compete in the next one. If people hear p going again they might be hesitant in competing...plus we can't keep giving adam free money

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
I got sprayed on by water from above from some cleaner guy =( other than that, everything about the tournament was amazing. Shoutout time!

Kira: Awesome job, the tournament was a great success! Next time I want to be able to play against you =)

Jordan: Don't worry about teams, we'll work on stuff and get it sorted.

Lanstar: Your marth is so calm, and my fox is so nervious lol. Maybe I should use shiek :p

Maple/Pnoy: Good **** in teams guys! P.S. I love your t-shirt pnoy :]

Typh: Thanks for the friendlies, I didn't think anyone else used upair as much as I do with Falco. Those shines to upair were too sexy :3

Boss: Your puff is good! Those rests were so surprising lol. We should hang out sometime :D

Bardull: Fun talking to you about Fable outside, next time we meet we need to play each other!

Sa2Jeff: Your peach is really good, I thought I had it a couple times, but then you just denied me, lol.

Judd: I didn't get to talk to you very much, but you seem like a nice person =) next time we meet we need to play!

Jflo: Oh man our matches were so close in pools, but good ****, you certainly brought it back ;]

Doppleganger: I think you were the guy I talked outside of Hats. Next time we should get some friendlies in, and maybe some breakdancing on the side lol.

Squid: Cool seeing you again! I was gonna ask you for friendlies, because we never did finish a friendly from Mango Juice but I kept getting side tracked. Next time =)

Deth: What can I say? Your samus is a tricky one XD

SDR: Hey thanks for the friendlies, I hope your controller doesn't give you any more problems =)

Other people from my pool: Good matches, Whoever fought my Falcon I'm sorry. It's not as sexy as I wish it was.

Anyone I missed: Good **** everyone, I had alot of fun and played a lot against really good people. I'll be good one day I promise, so that I can actually be a challenge for all of you guys <3 Peace & Love~

Kira-

Smash Champion
Joe I appreciate the criticism, if we do decide to host another non-ranked tournament it won't be for a very long time. There are also a ton of things I want to improve on for next time so these will only get better =D

We actually had 80 total entrants for singles, people were added to the pools late because of some error and late registration but there were no real issues and everyone who entered got to play.

I will be transferring the pool results to Tio during the week, then uploading it to AllisBrawl, but meanwhile the Teams and Singles brackets are being uploaded as we speak.

Shoutouts later, we're late for the Chatsworth tourney

KIRA, this idea is great, please make it a series. The first UCLA tournament I hosted was around 50 people, and then afterward I had a nearly 100 (if anyone remembers that set with SS v HugS)! It's stressful, but before I started fundraising I held those tournaments for the sake of the community.

Don't be afraid to take some money out of the pot to cover your costs and then some. You're doing a great service. Just make the amount known beforehand.

Anyway, Props.
Thanks for the advice. I think it would have been only half as stressful if we weren't under the impression that we could've been kicked out at any given time.

very heartfelt, i love it <3
lol I was so out of it last night, it was too hard to play Bomberman 64 because my head hurt. I don't remember what I wanted to say but it was cool watching your falco play from time to time

I lost my bet :(
me too =(

Kira-

Smash Champion
This is Jkun so here my shoutouts

949 players

Brian Tran - yay i finally meet you! DC$ talks about you
Doppelganger - I'll give you a shoutout but I see you everyday!
Marcus - you got this next time
Luigi the butcher - Teams was fun and it's so funny with the two falco teams
Psychomidget - You were suppose to get top 3 =(
MacD - you were suppose to win this tournament =(
Aznforce - waking up late is ok but not going to this tournament cuz of that is dumb and you pulled a jason on JDM? No Johns
Stab - yay we made it out of pools
Deadshot - thanks for the help
Gsub - nah it's ok it's my fault thanks for the help again
TravisT - nice to see ya again
Maple - good **** in taking teams
Sigina - nice of you to show up, you got this next time

909 Players
Hyprid - ya amazing
Sherigami - thanks for giving out your opinion about the tournament
P - Too good
Nasty nate - nice hair cut
Nashun - I got ****ed up by you twice

805 Players

Plan 9 - Thanks for being you
Lovage - What happen to your face?
Embracethe12 - beating both maple and pnoy good ****

SD Players

Pnoy - good **** in teams and singles
SA2Jeff - we didn't get to play at all
LHG - I didn't know you have a Link
ChizzelzSD - I butt****ed your falco and fox get at me (other then that nice to see you again)
Leeland - I want to MM your IC with my marth
J Flo - Losing to Stab is heartbreaking
Boss - THE man of this tournament, beating MacD? omg too good
Judd - we didn't get to play
Seth - Amazing Samus

818 Players

Pat - King of the Arcadians? more like the prince of the Arcadians
Nes - I want to mm your peach
Typh - your falco is amazing
Bardull - good **** in making out of pools
Infinite GXT - you could have beat me if you didn't choke

Riverside Players

SDR - ****nnnnnnnnn taking top 10
S2J - ya amazing you should be king of the arcadians
Dazu - You should look at the Riverside thread
Wasabi - we need to mm each other

Other
AJ - if you didn't SD for sure you would have beat me
Jun - MM me
Jack of Blades - we need to play each other
Jordon - those fries are amazing at the hat

So Cal Arcadians Staff/helpers

Connor - thank you thank you thank you
Plan 9 - thanks for helping out with the commentary
Lovage - thanks for running pools
Stab - Thanks for running own your pool
Adam - Thanks alot for the help and telling people to shut up when they were getting loud
Phazermuffin - look at kira's shoutout to you, so thanks
JDM - Ya Amazing and thanks for helping. You hella ****ed me up in teams
The Godfather of 949 (DC$) - I want to mm your marth or Fox other then that thanks for running my pool

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Wow good **** s2j. I got lucky at bobas tourny I hope I don't play you again.
****in adam, like taking candy from a baby lol

I think to continue the high turnout dave you should make it where the winner of one of these can't compete in the next one. If people hear p going again they might be hesitant in competing...plus we can't keep giving adam free money
or maybe better non-ranked players like yourself, aesis, rofl, knivez, luigi, etc. will drag their ***** to the next one and increase the competition for everyone

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Kira - Fun tourney. Good **** on hosting =O
Adam - I'll try and act a little happier lol
Smoke2Jointz - Nice job on 2nd (technically 1st?) johnny! You're too good too fast.
Embracethe12 - I didn't get to play a bunch of people I wanted to. You being one of them.
Pnoy - It's weird no one bet on you and maple to win doubles
Boss - Your peach, puff and mewtwo walk all over me. I was wondering how we played like 20 friendlies without anyone asking to get next lol
Maple - You rep lake forest a lot better than the people who have lived here for a while do lol
PsychoMidget - I played a jiggs in bracket right after playing your jiggs in friendlies. I thought I was lucky but I still got wrecked lol
Nasty Nate - I never got to play you!
MacD - Maybe one day I'll stop getting Dsmash'd? Nah :laugh:
Pat - I only played you in like...1/2 a friendly
Sa2Jeff -You wrecked me when it counted lol. Nice peach.
DC Money - Nice to see you not busy on a saturday lol. I thought you would have placed higher though.
Sheridan - Nice seeing ya'. Still can't beat your sheik
Nashun- way to rep kirby =O
Doppleganger - Thanks for not smoking around me haha
Wasabi - still didn't get to play you :dizzy:
Jkun - Nice job getting out of pools. I like running pools, I get to decide the order I play people XD
JDM - Nice job getting out of pools. You had that match against bardull =(
GSUB - wooooh, we did pretty good in teams considering we played pat + johnny first round. We should team more often and holy hell you got off with those rests in some of the matches ahaha
Seng - Sorry if I made you feel awkward when I said don't smoke lol. Wish I had the chance to play ya'
Mike - I haven't seen you in weeks man lol. Hopefully I can get my controller one of these days. You REALLY cheered me up at the end loooooooool
Signia - You'll do better next time. You got this!
TravisT - Nice seeing ya'
Hyprid - I'm realllllly surprised you didn't make it out of pools. Your pool must have been super hard. Nice seeing ya' though.
Plan 9 - Wait, did you enter?
Defh - Your Samus is really good. When you have a charged shot, I'm hecka scared
Lovage - Did you actually disqualify anyone? lol
Jack of Blades - GGs in pools. Nice marth.
Jflow - GGs in pools. I'm sorry for camping your samus lol
Charles - Nice meeting you. You were the only other spacie in our pool. Floaties are taking over the world. =(
Phazermuffin - You unplugged my TV when I was losing. =D
Connor - I have no idea how you were sleeping when it was so loud around you. Nice job sticking it out even though you couldn't enter.
Squid & Spazz - you guys are pretty cool. Wish I got to play some more matches with ya'
Stab - Holy ****, stop getting ***** so hard by floaties and step it up. X_x
Everyone I'm forgetting - You guys are probably awesome I'm just dumb and forgot to mention ya'. Sowwy

joeplicate

Smash Master
god joe, SHUT UP

no one gives a **** about your negative nancy opinion. okay, you don't like the tournament. too bad, this was one of the biggest non-major tournaments in socal since brawl came out, so you're obviously wrong because everyone else liked it. so why do you keep posting about it?
i didn't like the idea of this tournament, i can't say that i did/didn't like the actual event because i didn't go to it

i don't know, it just seems wrong to me to not let ranked players enter still, and my opinions haven't changed, so **** off

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Kira + other hosts very good job on running this tourney, had a really good time.

All the friendlies i played was fun as well, gg's to all.

SD tore it up, pnoy & maple for teams son!

P- we arn't very compadable in doubles...oh well, nice job in singles...I ****in had you on kongo..dangit.

Big Jeff- peach is legit, pooped on my puff

MacD- lets play some more!

I need to play this game more often...been too long.

Have more shoutouts but im tired of typing, GG all.

Kira, good **** again. Lets team up sometime again lol, im sure we'd do well.

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
you know me as AJ. or you dont know me im just gonna say things about memorable moments

Kira - such a good idea to get people started. good ****.
Jun - if i visit a couple friends in SD, i'll pm u lets play. good talkin to u. we'll get through pools next time.
Jkun - you beat me i definitely did not sd lose game 3. lets play sometime im down to drive to irvine.
Seng - we need to play more.
Nashun - kirby? really? you're way too cool.
Boss (i think) - m2?? really? even cooler.
s2j - my new favorite falcon. definitely not ledge-canceling enough. poor nestor.
nestor - DI away?
La Quinta Inn - calm down.

it was a good time. thanks.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Rawr

Nashun - You're kind of the most awesome player ever. Kirby is the best doubles partner ever.
Kira - Awesome job
s2j - Great job, i almost had you our first game in pools :p
stab - We didn't get to play much but fun match anyways, we should play more.
Boss - Fun matches near the end there, sorry about your unfortunate event in winners. lol
lovage - I think watching you watching matches is more entertaining than watching matches. You're also awesome at giving tips... i think you need to teach me in the ways.

Other people who's names i don't know who i played a bunch of doubles with - Much fun

People who beat me in pools - I hate you all

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
S2j- Good****!!! your falcon is really amazing
Kira/Jkun- Thanks for hosting this, 78 entrants holy crap! I strongly recommend you have something like this in like two months, maybe like near christmas lol.
Nasty Nate- knocking me out of winners and losers... your shiek is pretty legit man.
Pat- I Love you man xD
Wasabi- Good job on making it out of pools, your falco is getting better tournament
Alpha- Second tournament ever and making it out of pools! Too good
Abyss- Second seed in pools .. nice. Get the rules of counterpicks down so you know when you can switch characters lol.
Sherigami- You will probably win next time

Anyone else im forgetting.. (insert something nice about yourself)

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
I'm so bad with names it's embarrasing:

argenis and his friend (both of whom might not read smashboards): LOL@us all being in the same pool, which also happened to be the dead last pool.

GSUB: Your puff is too good. You probably could've 3-4 stocked me if you didn't miss rests.

Deth: Holy crap, you put on so much pressure with your samus, it's scary. Your superwavedashes were also amazing.

Adam (I think): Man, I was given the proverbial BIZNESS. Too bad we didn't get to play friendlies afterwards, but I'm pretty sure it would've ended up with massive raepage from your fox.

That falco player: If that was your first tournament and your first time fighting a ganon, you're gonna be more amazing later on. Thanks for the friendlies (even if we did get them cut short).

Kira/Jkun: Thanks for the tournament.

La Quinta Inn: No thanks for preventing us from playing friendlies, watching matches, or even being in the lobby, not to mention almost calling the cops. You suck.

I can't wait until the next one; hopefully I make it out of pools this time. :p

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
This tournament was legit.

First and foremost, I would like to thank Dave and Jason for hosting this wonderful tournament. Surprisingly, it ran fairly smooth even with 30 more people than what was expected and the hotel management threatening to call the cops on us. So good stuff on the tournament organizers for keeping their calm during the whole tournament, despite the distractions and hardships, and still being able to provide a satisfying tournament experience for all.

Shoutouts!
kira- dude i realized we haven't played yet. We should change that!
jkun- let's mm next tourney!
dc money- dude i'm sorry for coming late :[ we'll partner up next time! Good stuff on pools!
bardull- dude you were hilarious when i had to play you, especially the second time when your friends were rooting against you HAHA
pat- haha it was tight having you run my pool. i remember dedicating one of my matches to you haha. We still need to take a picture foo! no hetero!
jdm- we still need to mm! next time forsure!
a rookie- wtheezy?! dude i didn't know what to do against mario. it really intimidating haha. and that last kill in game 3 was an all or nothing with my popo. good stuff though. we should play more!

sd pride fosho!
we roll in deep.
maple- rainbow cruise was dirty. ics don't like flying boats haha. good stuff in singles and in doubles.
antonio-wtheezy o_o time to play more!
charles- dude you were in the sd pool. i think you could of made it out. next time forsure!
lanstar-thank you for the ride and set our alarm next time!

Well I have hw and studying to do. until next time!

GSUB

Smash Lord
GSUB: Your puff is too good. You probably could've 3-4 stocked me if you didn't miss rests.
Thanks! =D
Your ganon was pretty good, I feel like you woulda done a lot better cause it just seemed like you didn't have much experience against puff :/
I got ***** by that charged forward smash punishing my rest... I always forget that fsmash with ganon sends you more upward than anything else...

Hope to play/see you again :]

Jun.

Smash Lord
Nashun - sigh.... LOL
brownsheep/AJ - yes we shall get through pools haha
Kira - Why the hell would I MM you rofl
Pnoy - yes that was the last match ROFL ;)
Jkun - we shall meet again
PBS - you still suck
Antonio - YUP
Jack In the Box - Sure made lots of money
La Quinta Inn - WE ARE CALLING THE COPS

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Alright I guess Its time to post some shout outs

Kira: Good job running this tournament. I actually had alot of fun since I played and got beaten by people closer to my skill level, rather than normal tournaments where I beat a noob, beat a noob, play lucky, beat a noob, play connor (or something similar). It sucks La Quinta were *****es, but hopefully next time will be better.

Jkun: Good job co-hosting. Too bad recording wasnt working for singles.

Maple: HOLY **** I didnt know your marth was that good. Good **** beating me in both pools and singles. Hope I play you again in the near future.

S2Johnny: 2nd place amaaazing. Good job placing as well as you did. Oh yeah we didnt play this time either :/. Also, fun team friendlies. Lets play some more so I can get the hang of teaming with a falcon.

Plan 9: Your 130% man

Embrace: You did really well too. Congrats on 3rd. Shaq Fu money match next time. Ill practice.

Adam: **** you, your bracket was easy. Ty for the advice tho (even though I still failed)

Seng: STEP YO GAME UP!!! Go back to fox, and stick with him! Also your v-neck was awesome, **** the haters

SDR: Wow I cant believe I won that first set (dont really think it would matter since we'd meet again anyways but still.) GGs and I hope to play you again soon

To everybody I played, GGs.

To everybody I forgot, sorry

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yayuhz shoutouts:

1: Adam: protip: never tech in place v johnny.
2: Smoke2Jointz: learn to tech chase and you can be top 5 in socal
3: Embracethe12: money match my fox. good **** on third, but you got ***** in doubles ;)
4: Pnoy: need more friendlies. mm my fox
5: Boss: god i suck at teaming with a puff. now that i think about it i prolly shoulda went fox in dobules
5: Maple: need more friendlies. you da best marth in socal. mm my fox.
7: PsychoMidget: hmmm i think i wanna go over your house sometime soon
7: Nasty Nate: your puff is better than your sheik (get tek skill)
9: Leeland: dammit i wanted to play you because i love playing ics
9: MacD: mm my sheik, fox and marth
9: San Diego Reaper: you gonna be stuck at that wall for a long time
9: Nestor: dammit you **** go to more tournies. mm my fox.
13: A Rookie: mm my fox and falcon
13: LHG: were you that peach we did team friendlies with? ahhh ****
13: Pat: mm my fox
13: Sa2Jeff: mm my fox
17: Wes: LMAO way to choke (or i'm2clutch) in tourny. stop sandbagging in friendlies, you're not that good
17: Bardull: mm my fox
17: DC Money: my fox *****
17: Eman: mm my falcon
17: Sherigami: mm my fox and falcon
17: Nashun: mm my fox and falcon (my falcon is gonna **** you watch)
17: Lando Calrissian: mm my falcon
17: Doppleganger: i like your shirts
25: Wasabi: you have potential, get a lil better and i'll train you.
25: Abyss: mm my falcon
25: Judd: mm my falcon
25: Brian Tran: mm my falcon
25: Deth: sorry for sandbagging in pools lol, it reminded me that playing after eating is awful. mm my fox and falcon
25: Jkun: get tech skill and you'll go somewhere
25: Stab: my fox *****
25: PBS: mm my falcon
33: JDM: you are the one person who could go from ****ty to good almost overnight if you just played gayer
33: Alpha: mm my falcon
33: GSUB: lol how'd you get last place? play gayer (bair) and your puff will ****
Seng: emil's right, go back to fox. your fox had potential man!
Kira: :( i wanted to mm. i think i'ma drop marth for fox tho, train my fox
Fabian: Man I shoulda teamed with you, we woulda won
Lovage: i figured out how you play yayuhz
Connor: your marth shoulda ***** me. felt like you stopped trying as hard. train my fox
Jenny: Thanks for giving me mah pen back =)
Tofu: I miss you
Random Fox who double shined me: ahhh ****
Random Sheik who got ***** by my Fox: Go to more tournies and I'll train you =)

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
good job adam getting 1st =) mad good

good job s2j u got so much better from what i hear, happy to see you gettin off(and u have one of the best smash names ever)

legit kira holdin it down in socal

socal lookin pretty legit

Top Bottom