• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i love stadium with falcon. He can do some really cool **** there. I do have the windmill though. I always run away when that happens unless i have momentum.

tubes

Smash Ace
If you middlehop an Uair under a low platform into a stomp, You'll land on top of the platform but still hit below it. Not 100% sure what stages this works on but I know you can do it on yoshi's and I think I did it on DL once.

What makes the middlehop so great imo, is not necessarily that you can DJ after a SH aerial move, but that in addition to being able to DJ, you also get the option to FF the move at the soonest frame possible and still have the move auto cancel. I'm convinced you can Uair---> Upsmash if your opponent has super staged combo video DI.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
theres no wall's on FD

but if your on one of the side platforms of battle field and you run off it (going towards the top platform) then you double jump as soon as you start falling and you knee and keep DI'ing whatever way your facing, youll edge cancel

its **** try it, if you dont get it ill make a video on my edge canceling on battlefield cuz its siiiiiiick
If you run off of yoshi's and perfect waveland back accross the side platform and double jump and keep DIing, you can edge cancel a reverse knee on the top platform and then do whatever.

Also on yoshi's another cool thing to do ledge hop waveland back double jump waveland back off the side platform into a knee, double jump knee towards the stage, do two wall jump knees, and then make it back.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
but if your on one of the side platforms of battle field and you run off it (going towards the top platform) then you double jump as soon as you start falling and you knee and keep DI'ing whatever way your facing, youll edge cancel
you can do something like that when you respawn on FD too
i think its for p1 only

while you're on that respawn platform push to the right to get off and jump, if you do an aerial at the right time it edge cancels :D

D

Deleted member

edge cancels are stupid easy with falcon

unless you are trying to cancel on one edge repeatedly

too bad they work until your opponent gets used to it

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
on DL and FoD, all players respawn above the top platform. With most characters you can hold left/right and edge cancel automatically.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hey if you do an air attack and they sheild it are you basically F***ed or what? I'm wondering if i'm doin it wrong.
depends who you're playing against and what move you're using, and when you hit their shield with it. You can shield pressure with well spaced/timed knees against some characters, same goes for bair. You can also land behind them with the attack, to avoid the shield grab, which is falcon's problem. Stomping or kneeing the shield often his enough shieldhitstun that if you hit them they can't punish you in any way but a shieldgrab, and if you land behind them you can still get out of this. You can also shield pressure with knee to jab, if the knee hits right before you hit the ground. Like most forms of shield pressure, there are ways to get around it, but it's harder for some characters to grab. But yeah, try to land behind shields, and hit the shield right before you hit the ground, and you'll be least likely to be punished.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah marth kept grabbing me out of nair's maybe if I spaced really good. THanks. yeah I should have jabed he had problems with that anyways and I nearly got a sheild break.

tubes

Smash Ace
yeah marth kept grabbing me out of nair's maybe if I spaced really good. THanks. yeah I should have jabed he had problems with that anyways and I nearly got a sheild break.
If nair jab jab on sheild actually is possible, then most likely its less a matter of spacing and more a matter of timing. You gotta get it so you start to jab immediately after you land the second hit of nair.

It should be something like kick...kickjabjabknee.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i didnt read what the convo is about but idc lol

im upoading a trailer for my next combo video :D

get hypee

it'll be better then ikm3

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol i did accept

and im not going to pound :[

also i think mine was more creative

when you stomp and they go straight up, you wait a little and then knee

i would charge fsmash or do some up-airs or something

but it was good, i liked it

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea :[

i really wish i could go

but im going to friggin guatemala on the 15

and thats like 1G right there so lol

im going to go with my church band to play music for 10 days and teach and stuff

gonna be siiiiccckkk

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you should hit up the local Guatemala smash community
ikm3 will be legendary
your video will just be...good
but either way both look to be ******
you should make yours a day before ikm3 and steal hype lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
jonadrama is so ****ing fun
jona plz never leave the boards while I'm still here
also scar I was talking to somebody about that (i forgot who)
I was like IKM3 is going to be the greatest combo video of all time. IKM1 and 2 already had godly combos against EC people, and now he is playing people that DI like idiots
lol...WC is mad good though but most of them seriously cannot combo di

I.B

Smash Lord
While dash is faster, I think WD is easier to control in order to dash the opposite way for a tech roll inwards or if he's just re-grabbing the tech in-place.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hey jona what do you think about Falcon player ROOR?
hes pretty good

hes gay tho because he wants to switch to sheik lol

i **** him tho :D

everytime i've played him i've won the majority, but idk sometimes he says he's off
maybe on a good day for him we would go even idk

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Avatar is going to ****. You aren't a Falcon main in my eyes if you don't go see it.

That's based on absolutely nothing btw I'll just think less of you for no reason at all

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
hes pretty good

hes gay tho because he wants to switch to sheik lol

i **** him tho :D

everytime i've played him i've won the majority, but idk sometimes he says he's off
maybe on a good day for him we would go even idk
so your saying he was johnin on you?

Top Bottom