• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was listening to the Smash Bros. song on Youtube, and I saw that someone linked this thread in the comment section lol. It never gets old seeing remarks like "Who's that?" or "What's Style Savvy?" because someone usually provides a response. And that piques peoples curiosity. And suddenly they're on board. And whether it's because they find the idea hilarious and/or legitimately unique and necessary, they are now interested in an awesome yet underrated character (and franchise). Which is great. Seriously. The more support, the better! I'm just... so glad Style Savvy has music in Smash Bros. That action in and of itself is introducing the series to a broader demographic on scale I initially didn't grasp until now.

Anyway, I can imagine Savvy Stylist being playable some day. If/when that happens, the replies in this thread (or some other Smash 5 related topic) will skyrocket. And it will be glorious. Mark my words!
Just imagine how full the "I was wrong" thread would be once that actually happens. It will be so satisfying seeing the salt pouring from their faces and seeing their many apologies for underestimating her. I'll be even happier once the new director (Or Sakurai if he's still on the team) reveal an image with all 8 unique outfits for the stylist. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Those salt threads don't usually last long though, I never really got to see the reactions for Dark Pit. :(
True, the mods always ruin the fun when it comes to seeing the many people complain about a choice. That's arguably the best part when it comes to any "unexpected character".

Back on topic, who would be the perfect Assist Trophy for Style Savvy? I'd say that Dominic would be a great choice since he's a fan favorite with many costumers.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
True, the mods always ruin the fun when it comes to seeing the many people complain about a choice. That's arguably the best part when it comes to any "unexpected character".

Back on topic, who would be the perfect Assist Trophy for Style Savvy? I'd say that Dominic would be a great choice since he's a fan favorite with many costumers.
Honestly though, I think that if Dominic isn't the AT for Style Savvy, it'll be Michaela or even.......the Savvy Stylist herself! Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like the Savvy Stylist and her moveset ideas in the OP, (and especially the music in Smash 4 that came from her game! Sorry, if I'm sounding slow, but remind me, does it play on Wuhu Island, or Pilot Wings?) but I sometimes feel that if Sakurai (or whoever just happens to be the hypothetical "new director" for Smash 5, cause let's face it people; you'd have to be pretty brain-dead to think Nintendo is suddenly going to end one of its biggest cash-cow franchises just cause Sakurai doesn't want to direct anymore.:smirk: God bless that man for everything he's done for us in the past 15 years though.:b:) would probably make the Savvy Stylist an AT first, and THEN make her a playable character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly though, I think that if Dominic isn't the AT for Style Savvy, it'll be Michaela or even.......the Savvy Stylist herself! Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like the Savvy Stylist and her moveset ideas in the OP, (and especially the music in Smash 4 that came from her game! Sorry, if I'm sounding slow, but remind me, does it play on Wuhu Island, or Pilot Wings?) but I sometimes feel that if Sakurai (or whoever just happens to be the hypothetical "new director" for Smash 5, cause let's face it people; you'd have to be pretty brain-dead to think Nintendo is suddenly going to end one of its biggest cash-cow franchises just cause Sakurai doesn't want to direct anymore.:smirk: God bless that man for everything he's done for us in the past 15 years though.:b:) would probably make the Savvy Stylist an AT first, and THEN make her a playable character.
I see where you're going with this, Wii Fit arguably sold even more copies than this (making the trainer high priority) and that could have been then influencial decision for her/his inclusion.

Like BluePikmin said, it may need that big budget third game that surpass the previous two to help her favors first. At the rate the series is in now, she is guaranteed to be AT material like what happened with Dillon.

BTW, both Style Savvy songs were on Wu Hu Island.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I swear, if Style Savvyist becomes playable and Cooking Mama doesn't...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Came here to post the video. Gotta go faster ._. Anyways, the music is nice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Made a quick icon to celebrate the upcoming game!
The series is getting better in terms of presentation now, we are just one inch closer to seeing Style Savvy have a good shot in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just curious... do the games have clothes and accessories that seem suitable for action? Like rock climbing gear or magician outfit or firefighter uniforms or something?

D

Deleted member

It seems I didn't understand exactly who this character is.
After @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan posted the trailer for this game on the Social Thread, it became apparent to me that this "Savvy Stylist" is not just some random girl doing fashion show-type things, but rather a doll that is at the whim of a girl's imagination.
With that in mind, maybe this idea isn't as outlandish as I initially thought.

Especially since a living doll in a crossover fighting game has been done before with DreamMix TV World Fighters having Licca-chan as a playable character from the Takara side.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I wouldn't mind Nicky (read in the front post that that is her actual name) being in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
After @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan posted the trailer for this game on the Social Thread, it became apparent to me that this "Savvy Stylist" is not just some random girl doing fashion show-type things, but rather a doll that is at the whim of a girl's imagination.

Especially since a living doll in a crossover fighting game has been done before with DreamMix TV World Fighters having Licca-chan as a playable character from the Takara side.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I wouldn't mind Nicky (read in the front post that that is her actual name) being in Smash.
So the boy in Smash 64 has a little sister with a fashion doll. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just curious... do the games have clothes and accessories that seem suitable for action? Like rock climbing gear or magician outfit or firefighter uniforms or something?
I'd say a feel styles could meet up with the fighting atmosphere of Smash given the large amount of brands and accessories in the game.

There's a few great examples that could work well for her like whether it's edgy, sporty, bo-ho chic, soft, and flirty. A majority of the shoes in the Flirty and Edgy sections has some great heels that are not only comfortable for her to move in, but great for dealing some good kicks. Half of the styles that are mentioned has some nice pants that would allow her some great mobility unlike the usual skirt or blouse. Any bag of the Sporty or Flirty variety can work well as a good subweapon for the stylist to use in some of her attacks. And these are only out of the second game since the first one may have the wackier outfits that your looking for.

There's things like Cat Outfit with mittens, silk meshed skirt and studded gloves form the Ninja Outfit, or even the poofy dress of the Maid Outfit. And these are the material that you could get from the Masquerade brand in the first game. Masquerade is the most "special" brand in the game for which these items can only be obtained by winning contests. However the Masquerade store will open at the Buyer's Center if Masquerade has the "Exclusive Item" of the day, but know that this happens very rarely.

You can see most of these examples on either the Style Savvy Wiki or Trendsetters Wiki, though the later actually names the items and sometime show you what they look like. On the Taste page, you can see the list of styles that I had described and go to the stores associated with them that can show you every item.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking that maybe the Style Savvy Doll (Nicky) could be like Mickey Mouse in the SNES classic The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse... because in that game, Mickey changes his outfits to gain access to different abilities. So, I thought that it would be interesting if Nicky would select from three different outfits to gain different moves... making her something like a stance change fighter without being a transformation character.

That, or make her a custom fighter like Mii Fighters where her outfits determine her special moves.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was thinking that maybe the Style Savvy Doll (Nicky) could be like Mickey Mouse in the SNES classic The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse... because in that game, Mickey changes his outfits to gain access to different abilities. So, I thought that it would be interesting if Nicky would select from three different outfits to gain different moves... making her something like a stance change fighter without being a transformation character.

That, or make her a custom fighter like Mii Fighters where her outfits determine her special moves.
A stance fighter playstyle for her could work and it can easily separate her from other hammerspace fighters like Mr. Game & Watch and Villager. Edgy would go for a more aggressive fighting style like Lucina while Feminine could go for a more aerial oriented and soft style like Princess Peach and so on. That alone could make her out into an interesting fighter since style customization plays a huge part when it comes the Style Savvy games and it would be criminal to leave out such an option.

A custom fighter itself couldn't be too bad if they can pull of some genius specials revolving the features of the game. That is, if Sakurai can think of some moves that could suit the different styles of each outfit and make them practical like the Mii Fighters.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Actually, that REALLY does not seem so outlandish when I think about it...it's pretty much a common (and at this point in time, it's more or less, accepted) that Super Smash Bros. all takes place in the imagination of a child, and that the playable characters in the series(and to a lesser extent, the Assist Trophies, Pokemon, and all other characters who show up in the series) are all just toys as well.

EDIT: BTW, do you all mean that the doll in the new game is called Nicky, or that the Savvy Stylist of this game is given a "default" name, and it's Nicky?:confused:

POST-EDIT: You know, with the way you described the doll, I could almost instantly picture the newest Style Savvy having an intro akin to Smash 64's intro.:chuckle:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, that REALLY does not seem so outlandish when I think about it...FOR THE LOVE OF CORN, IT'S PRACTICALLY A COMMON (and at this point in time, it's more or less, accepted) THEORY THAT SUPER SMASH BROS. IS ALL TAKING PLACE IN THE IMAGINATION OF A CHILD, AND THAT THE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS (and to a lesser extent, the Assist Trophies, Pokemon, and all other characters who show up in the series) ARE ALL JUST TOYS AS WELL!:b::b::b:

EDIT: BTW, do you all mean that the doll in the new game is called Nicky, or that the Savvy Stylist of this game is given a "default" name, and it's Nicky?:confused:

POST-EDIT: You know, with the way you described the doll, I could almost instantly picture the newest Style Savvy having an intro akin to Smash 64's intro.:chuckle:
Nicky is actually the default name of the girl on the OP's box art, though I'd imagine Sakurai or the new director giving her a more generic name if they were to go with a different appearance.

And yes, having her reveal trailer similar to Smash 64's opening and the Girls Mode 3 trailer would be a great way of introducing her in a cute way. Just imagine the bright colors and fashionable walls that would appear as the fighters wind up in a "blank" dollhouse that eventually evolves into a real one. Complete with the stylist pretending to be a real doll until she eventually comes to life and dress up in her best Smashing attire. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Actually, that REALLY does not seem so outlandish when I think about it...FOR THE LOVE OF CORN, IT'S PRACTICALLY A COMMON (and at this point in time, it's more or less, accepted) THEORY THAT SUPER SMASH BROS. IS ALL TAKING PLACE IN THE IMAGINATION OF A CHILD, AND THAT THE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS (and to a lesser extent, the Assist Trophies, Pokemon, and all other characters who show up in the series) ARE ALL JUST TOYS AS WELL!
First, calm the **** down.

Second, realize that what I'm getting at is the concept of turning some random girl that serves as a fashion model into a fighter is outlandish compared to the idea of turning a living doll fueled by a girl's imagination into a fighter. The latter allows for more potential and better justification for why they're being thrown in the ring. (i.e. because the girl, who is just like the Hunter in the Duck Hunt team in that she's behind the 4th Wall, imagines the doll as a capable and "stylish" fighter)

Third, also realize that all "for the love of corn" you needlessly made an ass of yourself screaming about an irrelevant point about the world of Smash that I'm already well aware of. Take a Nintendog for example. Does the fact that the characters are not actually the real characters from their own worlds justify the idea of a harmless little puppy suddenly going toe to toe with the likes of Donkey Kong, Link, and Samus? The answer is "No" in case you actually had to think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nicky might have the same problem as Nintendog. A normal human whose series is rooted in realism fighting super powered characters seems a tad concerning. Especially with how PC we're getting.

But at least Nicky is an adult who is responsible for herself. I can imagine her working.

I only get sad when I imagine Nintendog fighting....

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
First, calm the **** down.

Second, realize that what I'm getting at is the concept of turning some random girl that serves as a fashion model into a fighter is outlandish compared to the idea of turning a living doll fueled by a girl's imagination into a fighter. The latter allows for more potential and better justification for why they're being thrown in the ring. (i.e. because the girl, who is just like the Hunter in the Duck Hunt team in that she's behind the 4th Wall, imagines the doll as a capable and "stylish" fighter)

Third, also realize that all "for the love of corn" you needlessly made an *** of yourself screaming about an irrelevant point about the world of Smash that I'm already well aware of. Take a Nintendog for example. Does the fact that the characters are not actually the real characters from their own worlds justify the idea of a harmless little puppy suddenly going toe to toe with the likes of Donkey Kong, Link, and Samus? The answer is "No" in case you actually had to think about it.
Whoops! Sorry about that. Trust me, I wasn't trying to yell. I might have been a bit excited about a new Style Savvy game, and also, I've been playing Smash 4 for 3DS and I've been getting some pretty outstanding scores in Smash Run with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings and even Little Mac. I mean, heck, I was able to plow through a Clubberskull and those "pill-bug" enemies that roll at you at high speed, so I might have been a little too hype about that. Don't get me wrong though, I really am sorry about seeming hype over nothing. It just that those were probably my best runs yet on Smash Run. And about Nintendog, believe you me when I say I probably would NEVER play Smash again if the Nintendog was playable. Not because I would think it's a bad choice, but to fight a poor, defenseless puppy? Oh, HECK no. That's where I'd draw the line. I'm not having anything like that happen there. Especially since when it comes to animals, I'm a HUGE dog person, so fighting any real animals, let alone puppies, would make me feel WAY uncomfortable. (Though I suppose we can all somewhat agree on Duck Hunt being a "semi-exception" to that, of course.) And as for Nicky, you have a point. I guess the idea didn't "entirely" go through me, since I thought of characters like Zero Suit Samus and Lucina who look about as realistic as you could get, so again, sorry about the whole ordeal. I hope we're all still cool? Sorry, guys. I'll never act that hype again, all right? Trust me, I'm not that type of person, believe you me.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
New Style Savvy and new Rhythm Heaven? It's like the cherry on top after the Direct's expected fare. Also a tad off topic, but I have seen some people make a very palatable and tasteful Nintendog moveset- where, like some of you are suggesting here and how some of Duck Hunt's attacks work, you play as the person playing the game. Nintendogs never looked real to me and looked so polygonal that it really wouldn't bother me fighting them. They could always go with the robo dog if it is too bothersome. I prefer the outlandish and non humanoid characters because they are so unique. Anyways back on topic-
It seems like most people think she would alter her apparel to make her a stance fighter. I wonder if it could be utilized differently.

KatKit

Smash Lord
It looks very interesting.

And oh, gosh, yes. Style Savvy staying relevant. Savvy Stylist seems even more likely to be playable in a future installment of Smash Bros.!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It looks very interesting.

And oh, gosh, yes. Style Savvy staying relevant. Savvy Stylist seems even more likely to be playable in a future installment of Smash Bros.!
I can already imagine Sakurai looking at it and saying, "This looks like the perfect wild card to surprise my fanbase. That is, if I'll ever direct another installment of Super Smash Bros." *laughs* :troll:

You guys do not want to know how many dreams I've had regarding this scenario, especially one where he had done it to please his adorable daughter. And yes, Sak's got himself a daughter thanks to his wife Michiko. (I can already tell that this blew certain people's minds since we barely knew about his family).

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
You guys do not want to know how many dreams I've had regarding this scenario, especially one where he had done it to please his adorable daughter. And yes, Sak's got himself a daughter thanks to his wife Michiko. (I can already tell that this blew certain people's minds since we barely knew about his family).
It is partly to stay professional and protect his family. It's also a cultural thing to stay very professional and not mention personal stuff out of line.

Back on topic- The series actually does pretty good and it isn't crazy to think of it getting some recognition based off its merits, especially if it keeps pumping out sequels.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Since Sakurai is acting like a big baby and refuses to add Ridley.... He better add this chick at least To "make up" for Ridley. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since Sakurai is acting like a big baby and refuses to add Ridley.... He better add this chick at least To "make up" for Ridley. :)
That might as well happen since he like adding characters that not everyone expect instead of heavily requested characters like Roidley and Kuhrool.

By the way, I saw what you did there. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Whoa, I never knew that wearing edgy clothing could make you this bloodthirsty. I guess we found another legit reason why the Stylist should be a fighter in the future. :troll:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Whoa, I never knew that wearing edgy clothing could make you this bloodthirsty. I guess we found another legit reason why the Stylist should be a fighter in the future. :troll:
I wonder if she did make the cut as a fighter if she'd have voice acting. I am sure they could find some semi-threatening out of context phrases for her taunts and what not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder if she did make the cut as a fighter if she'd have voice acting. I am sure they could find some semi-threatening out of context phrases for her taunts and what not.
She would need to require voice acting since being social is actually an integral part of the games (Like finding out what styles your clients would want or communicating with your manager for advice).

Threatening out of context lines like that one would be a great for a taunt and one of her victories to replicate the personality change you get when wearing edgy styled clothing. She still could use some moments of cuteness given the theme of her game, though that would take a majority of her actions or lines from other styles (sporty, soft, flirty, ect.). :pimp:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Guys check this out, amiibo trailer for Girls Mode 3, using japanese title for now not sure what they'll call it in Europe and the USA.

https://youtu.be/QZ3kMlc--zI

Also does the Savvy Stylist have a default name? You know like how Robin does in Fire Emblem Awakening, and other characters nameable protagonists?

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Guys check this out, amiibo trailer for Girls Mode 3, using japanese title for now not sure what they'll call it in Europe and the USA.

https://youtu.be/QZ3kMlc--zI

Also does the Savvy Stylist have a default name? You know like how Robin does in Fire Emblem Awakening, and other characters nameable protagonists?
IIRC, her name is Nicky/Nicki.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Are you 100% sure on this? We can't have them thinking were joking about this.
To be honest, it's probably like Pete/Jack from Harvest Moon. I would just call her the Savvy Stylist to be safe.

Top Bottom