• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Technically I don't think I ever said that I couldn't host this weekend. But it is true that I will be busy studying. Or I should be busy studying. >.>

If someone hosts an event on the weekend though, I'll try to make it. It's not like I have to waste my time all day "studying".

Keep in mind, I have two full setups.
so you can host? you can't have it both ways buddy haha. :psycho:

or at least let us use the little 3rd floor room that you guys were originally using last week. That place wasn't so bad.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
2PM on Friday. Call me if you're outside my place. (310-561-6799)

I need to show someone my tech skill before finals! If you guys take me to a tourney and there's crews, I dare say that I would be an asset.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
By the way, there will be a lot of food today if you come by. All taken from the dining commons. If you don't mind that it includes reheated food from yesterday as well as food from lunch and dinner today.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
all you guys suck.

except david c. you ****. thanks for putting up with me after everyone left.

everyone else. not impressed. last week you guys were eager to stay up till dawn, now 11 is considered late.

laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

edit: Inb4 YOU MAD lol. yeah I mad haha jk. fun games guys. all 5 of them. XD

btw cho you left the chrome sticker at the dorm. david c's gonna hold onto it.

I.C.U.

Smash Rookie
Man the sky... its so blue today... the water amazingly blue.. all around me blue blue blue

BLUE FALCON IS MINE SUCK IT DAVID.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Caleb doesn't use AIM anymore and he does not log into Google Talk often. He checks SWF more often than Google Talk actually. :( Also if there is not enough interest, I will cancel the smashfest on Saturday 7 PM. Also Dante needs to update this on the OP as well as the fact that he has cell phone texting since most new people who contact a stranger for the first time feel that it is awkward to make a phone call when you have not met the person yet, so they prefer to cell phone text. Also Dante, how many texts sent and received does your cell phone texting plan have? I have only have 400 text messages sent and receive on my cell phone plan. :(

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
>.> I quit melee for the time being (like...all of Winter and possibly after)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also when I meant the N64 side tournament, I meant the N64 side tournament at DGDTJ. Last time, Jaime (the host of the N64 tournament at GSG) also have a few spare controllers I think. We can also have an N64 station on Saturday at 7 PM too if there is enough interest. While it is true that all of us want a place to play, not everyone will be here by that time since people may be leaving early. Also Dante needs to put on the OP the fact that he has cell phone texting. Also Dante needs to update this fact on the OP as well as the fact that he has cell phone texting since most new people who contact a stranger for the first time feel that it is awkward to make a phone call when you have not met the person yet, so they prefer to cell phone text.

:brawl:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Also when I meant the N64 side tournament, I meant the N64 side tournament at DGDTJ. Last time, Jaime (the host of the N64 tournament at GSG) also have a few spare controllers I think. We can also have an N64 station on Saturday at 7 PM too if there is enough interest. While it is true that all of us want a place to play, not everyone will be here by that time since people may be leaving early. Also Dante needs to put on the OP the fact that he has cell phone texting. Also Dante needs to update this fact on the OP as well as the fact that he has cell phone texting since most new people who contact a stranger for the first time feel that it is awkward to make a phone call when you have not met the person yet, so they prefer to cell phone text.

:brawl:
i think you might be projecting your own feelings onto other people. When i was new to ucsb, i called gosu engineer before i had met him face to face. Then he schooled me with his marth. :/

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'm not forcing new people to text people they haven't met instead of calling them. I'm saying people should have the option to text as well as calling. By not saying you have cell phone texting, you limit the number of methods people can use to contact you. Also I'm not hosting a smashfest with 3 people (Dante, Huy, Caleb). If there are too few people, then I will cancel it. Who is bringing set ups? :confused:

:melee:

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I quit melee not for grades as much as Brawl.
The mindset I need to be competitive in the two games is basically opposing. Also, I really hate how long it takes to warm up in Melee after playing Brawl too long. Things I am on the edge of learning (gimping methods specifically) in Melee get reset as too-far-can't-reach after playing Brawl for a while, and I don't have the patience for it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Few people can be good at both :melee: and :brawl: Also how many texts (sent and received) do you get per month for your cell phone texting plan John?

Also the confirmed attendees are as follows:
Caleb
Dante
Huy

Who can bring set ups? The place we are playing at does not have set ups.

Top Bottom