• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Cuyama House
Pendola House
Miranda House: Huy
Zaca House
Janet's House: Dante

Actually let's vote for a starting time too. :)

12 PM: Huy
1 PM
2 PM
3 PM
4 PM
5 PM

You can still change your preference anytime before Saturday 2 PM.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
The gif is disturbingly accurate for how I feel. I don't know where any of these places are so I'll just go ahead and vote for Miranda House since Huy claims there are two TVs there.

If you're trying to get it started at 12, wouldn't having voting open until Saturday at 2 be pointless? Regardless, I'll vote for 12 or 1, whichever.

And I can bring a partial if necessary.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The voting will close at 12 PM. :)

Cuyama House
Pendola House
Miranda House: Huy, Michael
Zaca House

Actually let's vote for a starting time too.

12 PM: Huy, Michael
1 PM
2 PM
3 PM
4 PM
5 PM

You can still change your preference anytime before Saturday 12 PM. Dante, are you sure you don't want to change your vote to Miranda House? :confused:

Is anyone interested in playing any other games besides Melee?

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
The voting will close at 12 PM. :)

Cuyama House
Pendola House
Zaca House

12 PM: Huy, Michael
1 PM
2 PM
3 PM
4 PM
5 PM

You can still change your preference anytime before Saturday 12 PM. Dante, are you sure you don't want to change your vote to Miranda House? :confused:

Is anyone interested in playing any other games besides Melee?

Sigh, Miranda house, I wont be there till 5 so start whenever you guys want.

defenderoftime

Smash Cadet
Hey

Haha you guys seem to be playing way more smash now that I left.

I'll come down to Santa Barbara at some point in the near future. I'll try to time it around you guys organizing an event so we can all play. I want to see if you have gotten any better =]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I am perplexed as to why Dante has not changed his vote yet. :confused: I'm not trying to convince him too. I'm just saying.

The voting will close at 12 PM.

Cuyama House
Pendola House
Miranda House: Huy, David, Michael, Caleb
Zaca House

12 PM: Huy, David, Michael, Caleb
1 PM
2 PM
3 PM
4 PM
5 PM

The address is Manzanita Village Resident Hall Miranda House 2nd Floor.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
You have to vote Caleb or the smashfest will be cancelled. Miranda House has not been a confirmed venue yet. :( You have to vote for the time too. I thought you voted but you didn't. Now vote. On a side note SB claims that they registered for students to vote more than any other college. I am dubious of this fact and want a source.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Actually all houses now have at least one confirmed person who will let us in. :) They may be using the room to study though. :( Also is Pink Reaper's first name Chris?
Then pick a place! What was the point of voting if some people couldnt do it? They are all in the same area anyways so just pick a house with someone willing and able to do it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I already voted. The point of voting is so we can pick a room to play. If I pick a place without the general consensus, then the community may complain. You think that all houses are the same but they are not. Also is Pink Reaper's first name Chris? :pimp:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I already voted. The point of voting is so we can pick a room to play. If I pick a place without the general consensus, then the community may complain. You think that all houses are the same but they are not. Also is Pink Reaper's first name Chris? :pimp:
Yeah except we know nothing about them so they're all the same to us! It's pointless for us to vote if everything's the same!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
If you don't know the differences between the houses, then you should ask. :) Also is Pink Reaper's first name Chris?

The voting will close at 12 PM.

Cuyama House
Pendola House
Miranda House: Huy, David, Michael
Zaca House

12 PM: Huy, David, Michael
1 PM
2 PM
3 PM
4 PM
5 PM

Caleb still has not voted yet. I thought he did, but he said he didn't since he thought noon at Miranda was already confirmed but it was not. I need Caleb and the others to vote.

People who still have not voted yet:
Caleb
Andrej
Gino
David / Anthony: both busy so they are probably not going

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If you don't know the differences between the houses, then you should ask.
nope. It's your job as the person setting this up to relay the relevant information and not assume that we already know. I also doubt that even you know the differences between all the houses. But please feel free to prove me wrong by giving me the important differences between each house.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Cuyama House: Has a CRT TV
Pendola House: smaller than the others, one CRT TV
Miranda House: Huy, David, Michael ... has two LCDs
Zaca House: biggest, no TVs
Janet's House: Dante, 1 CRT TV that lags Halo Reach

EAZY?
:)

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
nope. It's your job as the person setting this up to relay the relevant information and not assume that we already know.
Thank You!

Cuyama House: Has a CRT TV
Pendola House: smaller than the others, one CRT TV
Miranda House: Huy, David, Michael ... has two LCDs
Zaca House: biggest, no TVs
Janet's House: Dante, 1 CRT TV that lags Halo Reach

EAZY?
So doesnt that mean that the obvious choice is Cuyama? (and yes I change my vote)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
You are assuming that all CRT TVs do not lag which is not true. You are assuming that all non-CRT TVs lag which is also not true.

Cuyama House: David
Pendola House
Zaca House

[scientology]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Cuyama House: David Mendez, Dante
Pendola House
Zaca House
Janet's House:

12 PM: Huy, David, Michael
1 PM
2 PM: Dante
3 PM
4 PM
5 PM

Also the smashfest may get cancelled at any given time so make sure you all have a back up venue to play Melee. My back up place to play Melee is Joel's but he has a space restriction of 4 people. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
You are assuming that all CRT TVs do not lag which is not true. You are assuming that all non-CRT TVs lag which is also not true.
Again, refer to my post about relevant info. You only told us that one of the crt tvs lags, the other two you said nothing about lag, so we assume that they don't lag. We pic the one thats biggest and has a crt tv that probably doesn't lag. And yes ALL lcd tvs lag to some extent.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
play fox? Idk.

Lag on lcd's is inescapable fact. It's like wind resistance, you can only get rid of it so much on an lcd, and crts are like zooming through the vacuum of space. :]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What types of Fox movements should I use to detect lag? :confused: Also I am very surprised that no one has signed their name under the Joel Smashfest List yet. I may cancel the smashfest if there is not enough interest. The first Smash Club meeting is 10-16-10. I won't attend the first meeting due to 3 midterms though.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
What types of Fox movements should I use to detect lag? :confused: Also I am very surprised that no one has signed their name under the Joel Smashfest List yet. I may cancel the smashfest if there is not enough interest. The first Smash Club meeting is 10-16-10. I won't attend the first meeting due to 3 midterms though.
why would you cancel it. plenty of people have expressed interest. No one wants to play at joel's.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I change my vote to whatever yields the highest number of non-lagging TVs and players. I tried to understand what's going on, I really did. But I'm totally lost at this point.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Oh I see. You still didn't answer my question though. What types of Fox movements should I use to detect lag? Also the reason why I may cancel the smashfest is due to not getting a venue, being too busy, etc. :(
I thought you already had someone that would let us in. That's all we need. you don't even really need to stay, if you're busy you can just let us in and leave.

Top Bottom