• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Little Fumi is wayyy too good. Not only is his Yoshi amazing but his Fox is honestly better than like a huge majority of the foxes out there. I'm so glad I got to see him play in person.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey so after a nice discussion with the previous thread owners Caotic and Rickety, i've come to the conclusion that these are going to be once every three weeks (triweekly) and Melee only.

Chula Vista seems to have the Brawl thing in the bag with their weeklies, and the melee community needs some lovin. Rejoice. Shoutouts later.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It was great seeing all the people again that manhandled my Falco from the original triweeklies haha:

AznLep - Great to see you man! Thanks for hosting, and woot woot for BioMed Engineering!
Rickety - Former tag partner, great to see you again. Was your brother there too?
Caotic - Welcome back from Australia. Still showing some ultra-fancy Peach moves. (DAVID COMBOS!)
Romeo/GMC2 - Your combos disgust me haha.
Zack - The Fox prodigy that tore me up the one time we played. I think I saw you on Nintendo forums like 3 years ago before we ever played asking "Who is LanceStern?!" haha.
Jon - Didn't get to say what's up, but I still have nightmares from facing your Marth on Final Destination
Edreeces - Sorry you couldn't make it Edreeces. But your facebook notes tell me you're still around haha.

Sadly, I couldn't play any of you guys in friendlies except GMC2. I wanted another stress-inducing game of Cat and Mouse with Lep's Ice Climbers and Jon's Marth haha.

Then shoutouts to the others:
Little Yoshi homie - I forget your name. But man do I like watching that Yoshi.
Lan - Nice to meet you. You get one thumbs up for knowing how to play against G&W, and another for being French haha.
Fred - Morse High !
Shinta - For ledge-teching, and making it farther than all the SDSU peeps haha
Kniffey - For not madhole stomping me with Falcon in friendlies we didn't play.
Raver - For letting me know about the triweekly >_<

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hey thanks to everyone for coming out, it was a lot of fun. This kind of reminded why I liked melee so much, although I really do need to knock off some of the rust.

Aesis - Gratz on placing in both tournaments. You guys shoulda came to dinner with us, it was soooo good. It was great seeing you again <3 all you Palmdale kids. Bummer that no one else could make it

St. Patrick - Hey a pleasure as always, too bad we didn't do better in doubles. Oh well I guess we're (I'm) washed up at the moment. Who knows maybe if I get good at this game again we'll team again.

Zhu - **** as usual man. Congratz on 1st in both tournaments f'sho. It's ncie to finally have you (goes for Aesis too I guess) at a triweekly. Hopefully I can get more of these rolling. Good stuff all around.

Rickety - WOOW , you live soooo close you should definitely come to more of these. SD isn't the same without our Rickety!! By the way in case anyone didn't know, Rickety is Rushiang... or something....

Caotic - CAAAOOOO awww man good to see you again for sure. It's too bad that you couldn't stick around for longer. It's really great to catch up on old times and what-nots. Dinner was awesome, it's a bummer that US exchange rates have been ****** so badly. Aussie wub <3

San Diego Reaper - Hey man good to finally meet you. I gotta admit you're way more modest in person, it's a good thing haha.

P - Hey man good sh*t today tearin it up. Those were some pretty intense sheik dittos against aesis, fun stuff to watch. You've definitely got a lot better from whenever the last time I saw you. It's nice having some out of SD competition come down.

Jon619 - This guy... yeah we used to be good at this game, weren't those the days. You and Boss wrecked, I was really impressed. ALways a pleasure have you 619 fellas up here.

DeathMaster5000 - is a noob, that is all

broadcastforu - long time no see buddy. good too see there's still some of SD still reppin the climbers. hope to see you guys around more often.

Isaiah, Fred, Rez - Hey guys good too see some new melee faces. Not too sure how you guys slipped under the radar for so long with such a big SD melee scene. Anyways, hope you fellas enjoyed yourselves, you guys are welcome back any time.

Krogodile - Took my megaphone, give it back.

Little Fumi - ***** end of story. I don't care if it gets to his head, the kid is like 13-14 and plays Yoshi. Doesn't get much more adorable than that. Great job all around in the tournament today, it's good always good to see young melee prodigies.

TheBOSS - Reppin 760, way to tear it up in doubles. Don't feel too bad about not getting that 2nd place spot, it really could've gone either way. Nice having some pre-tournament chat. Good to see life is workin out.

Deth - Another old face that I haven't seen in a while. Man your Samus is probably one of the most original Samii (?) I've ever seen. Great stuff getting that into shape man. You've really improved man keep it up.

Glenn - It was great seeing you too man. You kind of disappeared at some point, but nonetheless good to have you around as always.

Pnoy & LHG - Maaaannn you guys seriously rep SD in Brawl and Melee. Good to see you guys comin to tournaments back to back. Nothin but respect for you guys, well for LHG. Little Richard is well... I mean "Little Richard" pretty much explains itself.

Phantasy Star Weapons - What the ****.

ycz6 - hey we're probably having plenty more of these so you got plenty of time to improve. no worries on that one

805/818 - is filled with noobs who complain about how brawl sucks and have there are never big melee tournaments, and then don't go to 50 man tournaments when given 3 weeks notice.

LanceStern - I seriously haven't seen you since triweekly III or something ridiculous like that. it was to catch up a bit on old times. I remember when you SHL'd and everyone was all impressed back in the day. ah, if life could be simple.

Zack & TP Fox - Zack is way too good now, and TP Fox is way too tall. WTF happened to you guys haha

GT, Gonzalo, Edwin, and Friend - Sorry I forgot the name of the last friend, haha. You guys need to come down more often. You're all actually pretty good. Nice to see that SD has some tech skill.

Sorry if I missed anyone, just going off the top of my head, but to those I haven't mentioned you guys are awesome just for showing up and make a great atmosphere. Many thanks to everyone who brought a setups to make this possible. Hope everyone had a good time =]

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
god this tournament was sick good

thanks to pat / pat / everyone who helped run the tourny. imagine if we actually had the majority of the melee community and all our usual setups! this **** would've been insane.

Deth - i wasn't even gonna enter teams, glad we teamed. Too good

Boss - dude your advice is the only reason i beat caotic, you are too good

aesis - god you are so ****ing good in sheik dittos. you are a smart *** player

little fumi - don't listen to mike haze, you are pretty good.

SD is so nice and ****, i would love to come back.

hey so after a nice discussion with the previous thread owners Caotic and Rickety, i've come to the conclusion that these are going to be once every three weeks (triweekly) and Melee only.

Chula Vista seems to have the Brawl thing in the bag with their weeklies, and the melee community needs some lovin. Rejoice. Shoutouts later.
oh **** pat beat me to the punch

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
plain n simple, MELEE IS THE SH*T!

shoutouts:

Azn Lep: thanks for hostin this tourney. you know my freakin hangman puzzle was the best ever!

LHG: ERNIE RAYSSSSSSS!!!!!!

O-SIDE!: u guys are straight up ****. dam our doubles matches were crazy with u boss. we got u in winners but u guys came back n killed us in losers. it's all good HAO. n matt, it's always sick seein u. ur dam samus ALWAYS gives me trouble and our singles matches were super fun. but kyle, YOU SHOULDA STAYED LONGER!!!

Jon n Rick: aww was bummed there wasnt any peace n love action there. but u guys definitely made this melee reunion a fun time for me especially. YOU KNOW U GOTTA HIT ME UP ON LIVE JONSON!

romeo n paul: LMAO dude u guys definitely made this tourney crazy *** fun. ur freakin hangman ideas w/ my brother n me n stupid *** TORKELSONS?! AND the signs u puttin up on peoples' backs. lol u guys are the sickest. definitely gotta come to all of these.

fumi: i hate u. jk. we didnt even get to play friendlies this time. how come we got like 900 friendlies at BRAWL tournies?? lol. ur too good for sure. but im still up top n u down below haha ;) .

BIG JEFF: dang this guy AGAIN! stop watchin little boys play starcraft! lol jk. dude we gotta get some rematches marth v peach. u know u wanna tear up my marth at least once!

St. patrick: some crazy *** matches we had baby. i knew i was doomed when u picked poke floats! lol but nah always sick seein u fa sho. u know i be reppin that ganon for u sexy!

Aesis

Smash Ace
I haven't done this in ages. It was SOOOOO NICE seeing David again; David is probably one of the most down to earth, chill people you could ever meet. Him, and actually placing at this tourney, made it worth the drive.

AznLep - many many many props to you for holding this. Despite there only being 6 TV's (just like UCLA VII, actually), we finished very quickly. Melee Community knows how to do things efficiently. It was good seeing you man!

CAOTIC - I will see you soon! It was awesome seeing you again and reminiscing the good ol' days of Melee :) Brush off that rust! Find a controller hahaha

Zhu - Wow, Julian, I just have to say I'm ridiculously impressed by your performance today. I have not lost to a Falco in tournament in about 2 years and I'm proud to have my **** pushed in by such a good player. Good sht in teams! My partner's kill count is always more than mine :) I think we did well together, should do it again sometime

P - WOW, you are getting soooo much better; I always freak out when I have to play you because 1) I hate Sheik dittos; 2) You chaingrab (except our Loser's Finals set) and 3) I never want to lose to you LOL. Good sht, though and always nice to see you reset the game

St. Patrick - fun fun times; hope pledging isn't too intense. I'm glad we got to play a little bit, your Ganon is too good. Likewise fun reminiscing about old Melee times

Rickety - you're too nice man! it was good seeing you again as well! funny match we had

I'm getting lazy so I'll keep these short

Jon619 - John McCain !

San Diego Reaper - fun times, you're a cool guy, maybe i'll come to more tourneys until i leave for italy

LittleFumi - This kid is ridiculous. Young blood is tooooo good. Fumi, I'ma kick your little *** when we play again

TheBOSS - good set, almost had me

Deth - cool team matches, stop nairing carelessly, I kept grabbing you and fairing you

Isaiah (Falcon) - crazy hair

PNOY - you are loud

Palmdale - you should play Melee

MELEE LOVE <333

Rickety

Peace and Love
Azn_Lep is da' best for being so cool, and having amazing hair. He's my Parking Garage good luck charm!

I'm seriously in love with Aesis.

LittleFumi is amazing and amazingly cute, so much so that nobody can get mad at him (Omigosh, STOP ME MIKEHAZE, SANDBAGGER ;) )

I missed CAOTIC so much, AND he ordered a veggie burger <3

SAINT PATRICK - only didn't win today be 'cuz he's like Samson and cut his hair yesterday and stuff. Like Like Like. :)

Rickety is Russian/Rushing.

TheBOSS beat me up and stole four dollars from; no, wait, I just lost four money matches to him. So Sexy!

Deth is a beast.

Jon619 is still good? Hooray! <3

LHG is nice, but he can't get around my shoulder-tapping skillz.

SA2Jeff - OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pnoy is a chump, I'll drop him in two seconds. Watcha' gonna do 'bout that?

Maple - sandbags. oh. OH. OHH. OOOOOHHHHHHHHH

Zhu - Steals his moves from my Falco. (I missed you! <3 )

Nefarious - Hi! Interview! Soon! Cute! <3 :]

LanceStern - Keeps it old school! Who plays Melee G&W?

Krogodile - Enjoying that salad?

Jules(sp?) - DON'T DRINK RUBBING ALCOHOL.

Eddy_Lep - omigosh I love your hair! Ridgeee Racer!

DEATHMASTER5000 - I'm pretty sure he's thirty years old.

Tp_Fox is way too tall, wears cute jeans, and plays Marf.

Zack353 doesn't have his cute haircut anymore :( But he's still amazing.

Lan - Happy Birthday! I want to be thin like you.

Jordan - DOLE JUICE COMBO!

Derek - You guys both need to come to more tournaments, it's too fun :]

Glenn - Let's dump Melee and Brawl, and play something OG. ST? Ohh!

Paul Mitchell - Snuggle Butt?

Shout Outs are alive and well, in Melee. (Alex Limbach combo! Take that, Aesis! <333)

<3
rick(ety)

The Game II

Smash Champion
I left early cuz I had to write some stuff, and I was at my bro's place watching the UFC ppv. But it was all good.

Yea rick we need to start an ST movement, or SF4.

--GCII

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday was cool. I missed getting so ****ed up.

NeighborhoodP - I still want my Falcon Punch.

And remember kids, don't do Brawl.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
good **** everybody, i miss melee so much and really had a great time!

i totally forgot how much of a physical toll long tournies have on ur body and by mid day with no food or water i was feelin it lol.

SHOUTOUTS:

LEP- always a pleasure my friend, good job hosting as usual.

PNOY/LHG- too good. lest all play more like a few times a week hoes. doubles matches were way fun, me and jon jst got lucky the second time around with those grab/rests. richard...teamsies next time for sure!

P- glad my advice helped, and glad to see we could put old **** behind us. shiek/jiggs team in the future? we'd ****, lets try it!

CAO- so good seeing you, ur accent is so ****ing bada$$ it's not even funny lol.

ZHU- always a pleasure seeing u my friend, ur always so nice and ur tech skill has somehow gotten even better

RICKETY- falco dittos rule, u will get ur money back nxt time i'm sure :)

LITTLE FUMI- jesus christ... u are seriously really good, no joke. **** off mikehaze. you are way good and ur yoshi is ****. gooooooooddddd stuff man, keep it up!

JON- almost had em man! we both screwed up here and there but overall i'd say we did aight. hopefully see u around man, good job :)

AESIS- close set baby, next time fo sho :) good seeing u pal, much love.

BIG JEFF- stay longer next time so i can take ur money :) <3 haha

ROMEO/PAUL- u guys still ruin lives, stay around, always good seeing familiar faces :)

ANYONE ELSE I MISSED- good matches to everyone, srry i kinda bailed on singles :/ i was so hungry at that point that i couldnt stick around any longer lol.

great seeing new and old faces, melee rules!

and many of u asked me about hosting biweeklies again...
if people will come then i'll host em, so please say whether or not u will come if i host them and i'll see whats up :)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I remember when I was able to SHL back then... it was no worried back in thsoe days. Just innocence and practicing Melee all day long.

Now it's school, work, church (Praise Him!), and Brawl/Wii Sports.

I'm getting hooked to Melee again. Hope I can get better for the next triweekly, and L Cancel O_O

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Yay for Melee Triweeklies. I forgot how much fun these were, yesterday reshowed me the light.

SHOUT IT OUT LOUD:

Azn_Pat - Back to back tournies = back to back fun times. Messing with the megaphone all day is too good. Thanks for having these, I can't wait for the next ones.

Pnoy - Sorry about what happened during that one set, I was just getting flustered hardcore. At least now us playing Melee over Brawl is going to be worth something now. Elnie Lays Juniol!

Rickety - I'm glad you were able to make it, it WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN a real Triweekly (let alone a Melee one) with you. Shouldertapping mindgames OH MY. Richard and I totally called you that morning!

CAOTIC - So, you're the infamous OG Triweekly runner? We came right after your last triweekly so we didn't have that history, so nice to finally meet you lol. Amazing Peach, triple stitchface destroyed me.

Jon619 - Alls I gotta say is "Thanks." It was cool seeing you man, you know we all miss you up here.

Boss - This ho, O-Side/SM Connection ALL DAY. Jiggs is crazy, I don't know how to fight it at all. Good seeing you and Deth again, AND Kyle for the 9 minutes he was there.

Phantasy Star Online Weapons - LMFAO. YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS. =D

Anto/MCP - I didn't play you guys at all! You guys still ****, come to more and hope to see you guys at Winter Game Fest 09 again.

Romeo and Paul - HANGMAN MADNESS AND CRAZY BACK SIGNS. Chill *** times, come to more tournies.

St. Patrick - SDSU SMASHERS REPRESENT. Insane Ganon still doesn't cease to amaze me and everyone else.

SA2Jeffizzle - We need more familiar faces to come back in some way, good to see you man. We didn't talk at all did we? My fault man, lol we gotta play again, OOOOH!

Out of Region players - Thanks for coming!

All the familiar faces, missed all you guys. All we were missing was PQ huh? NEED MORE OLD PLAYERS, YOU GUYS RULE.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lmao, whats up with all the PSO weapon shoutouts

LuCKy

Smash Master
damit. . .i reeeally wish i wouldve made this T-T

well kinda lol

ill be at the next for sure ^______^

The Krogodile

Smash Cadet
I am no longer a melee player haha. But i had a blast exept for being totally hungover the whole time. ill be at the next ones but only as a little fumi groupie.

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
haha thanks krogodile. also thanks azn lep for hosting the melee tourny, our set was really good, too bad nana screwed you. also when r they videos going to be posted? i wanna c the aesis/zhu set.... i missed it =(.
rickety- you r really good and nice and just awesome.
Zen- you are an awesome team partner and thanks for the ride =p
pnoy- u suck!!!! haha jk. well still cant believe we didnt even have 1 friendlies match. at least we agree that shiek is a *****
boss- your jigglypuff *****...... great set we had.
zhu- ur falco is god, seriously.... i enjoyed our set alot and grats on winning the tourny
aesis- ur shiek is so good, started chain grabbing though =( we still have to finish the set though.
caotic- your peach is insane...... welcome back to san diego.
also some people i left out since i forgot their name but i had alot of fun playing the too.... i think one of them was called isiah... o ya and almost forgot. neighborhoodp- nice meeting u, u r really good!!

romeo619

Smash Ace
that was pretty fun. got to see an australian and a bunch of old faces and whatnot. i dont think im going to be practicing for the future tourneys but i'll probably show up and play hangman or some ****. and **** you guys the torkelsons was legit.

tp_fox is like 6"5 now.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Chaotic used my controller. That means i'm better now, right?

Fun times. Was kind of hoping for more setups, but it ran pretty quick. It really did finish at 8. wow

Good stuff to P and Deth on teams.

Little Fumi's combo on rickety was crazy.

Zhu comboed... and comboed... whoa.

Ycz6, good times teaming with you. We played better than I expected, so I'm happy.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
my laptop died and I'm gonna get it fixed but I can't guarentee that the vids will still be on my comp
Hope you can get it fixed. There was a ton of great matches played on that TV. I had a fun time, and can't wait for future tournaments. Thanks to Juice for the ride and everyone else for the friendlies. Anybody at SDSU willing to play, send me a message, I live on campus and would like to practice a lot more. I think I heard St. Pat goes to State, if you live on campus, I'd love to play and learn more.

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
oh dang...

i remember when i was playing friendlies with romeo, one of the kids were like "is that cort?" i was like LOL really? but anyways...it was super fun even though i was only there for like an hour. next time i'm going to play for sure.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
good **** guys, u brought melee back!!! :grin:

i wub u all

OMFG @ little fumi/aesis/P/zhu <3333333333333333333333333!!!

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
oh dang...

i remember when i was playing friendlies with romeo, one of the kids were like "is that cort?" i was like LOL really? but anyways...it was super fun even though i was only there for like an hour. next time i'm going to play for sure.
LOOL that was my friend. He signed up as "quart". He was thee first person I played with / the reason I'm good ^_^

ycz12

Smash Ace
Qzzy: Seriously. I don't think I've seen two tags match up that well since Husband/Wife and Eddie/Eduardo. And we were the only two people left without teammates, lol. Hope to play with you again sometime. We definitely could have won both of those matches.

Out of curiosity, what would have happened if someone had actually landed an IC freeze glitch? >_>

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Crap, I finally get back and realize I missed a Triweekly by days D: And Chaotic too! Massive fail, when's the next one?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
ycz - as long as they didn't use it to stall i'd let them have the kill. freeze glitching is waaay harder than wobbling imo. but if they permanently freeze them (use an ice attack while frozen) or lift them out of grab range the IC player has to be DQ'd that match.

Top Bottom