• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zack353

Smash Ace
I MIGHT go tommorow, but I have hardly even touched brawl so Im not really good. I'm more into halo.

The Chop Suey

Smash Rookie
I MIGHT go tommorow, but I have hardly even touched brawl so Im not really good. I'm more into halo.
we are all just gamers yess.. lol i love halo..i would say i am decent at the game but i feel like im not playing as the best i can right now and i cant seem to fix it...anyways yea come have some fun if you got time its all in fun and games i propbaly should go to bed now see yall in 10 hours.. if anyone checks lol

adios

LHG

Smash Journeyman
i dont think i will be able to play smash competitively for a while (not that i was a big contender anyways)...i get to deploy to Iraq in may...so i hope to see you all at some more smash events before then..i cant make it to the triweekly on the 22nd tho...shucks....maybe next time. whoever i dont see within this next month that i know or who ive met...i really enjoyed playing with you guys...smash community rocks...hopefully they have wi-fi in iraq...hahah..but if they dont...you guys haveto teach me all the cool stuff you guys learned when i get back. see you all later

-Seige
Dang, dude take care while you're there and come back safely! It was tight meeting you dude, and hopefully we can play again sometime soon. :)

Freakin, as much as I wanted to go, I'm not gonna show up. :( Some family things came up and I gotta attend to those. Bleh. I hope I can make one of these soon... maybe the BBB next week. THE REST OF SM IS SHOWING UP THOUGH, WITH A NEW ADDITION. :p

aznforce817

Smash Lord
i wont be able to make it to this tourny cuz my parents are just being that way. :( but im trying to get things worked out for my own tourny next saturday :D

Oh and thanks for the updates glenn as always!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
today was fun guys. always great seeing new faces and there were plenty of those around today. doubles is awesome... singles is no fun. brawl+singles=camping. im only gonna play doubles from now on fo sho. see everyone around.

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for running this tournament Pat. Doubles was really fun with TpFox but singles was just really slow with the lack of TVs and the pace of a singles game in Brawl itself.

GGs to everyone I played in singles, doubles, and friendlies.

@ Forward: That was pretty lame what you did in our teams match. You ripped the controller out of the socket and took off when you got eliminated from the teams match. Didn't even say GG or anything. Not only that but you kept talking in the match against Cherry Poppers. Very immature.

paulmitchel haircare

Smash Apprentice
Good **** SD. Good to be Home.

First, MikeHaze: **** gets crazy huh, hahah. It happens, good game in doubles, nice mindgames.
Blitz, I love hating your R.O.B. Too Many Weapons

Noel? Nice olimar, close one ay?

Doodles: wtf meng. Too good. I never knew.

Zang: you're so two faced meng, I thought you were black at first.

Jon619: sorry for the let doewn.

Romeo619: get back In it.

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Today was fun. Brawl has a lot of broken stuff, going to take a lot of skill to get around.
Didn't expect to make it as far as i did, guess I'm still thinking of Melee where I couldn't even win one single round let alone a match (or the other way around if i said it backwards) >..>

LuCKy

Smash Master
Thanks for running this tournament Pat. Doubles was really fun with TpFox but singles was just really slow with the lack of TVs and the pace of a singles game in Brawl itself.

GGs to everyone I played in singles, doubles, and friendlies.

@ Forward: That was pretty lame what you did in our teams match. You ripped the controller out of the socket and took off when you got eliminated from the teams match. Didn't even say GG or anything. Not only that but you kept talking in the match against Cherry Poppers. Very immature.
lol......im pretty sure i don't have to say anything but sometimes people just don't have good days..........take that in to consideration,and let it go

The Game II

Smash Champion
Wanted to make this apology public.

I apologize to those for leaving mid-tournament, but I did not feel well, and staying at the tournament would have not helped matters. I already apologized to Alex because he had to find a ride.

I don't remember the last time I left a tournament midway. I think the last time was 2005 in Santa Cruz, I left at 3 a.m. because I was so pissed at the tournament organizers who didn't know what they were doing.

Hopefully I don't have to leave another tournament midway.
--GCII

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
lol......im pretty sure i don't have to say anything but sometimes people just don't have good days..........take that in to consideration,and let it go
Actually I hear that he acts like that in a couple tournaments. People have told me that he acts like that a lot. So I wasn't really surprised. I admire Zarelid for actually saying GG and stuff. He's cool. X_^.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah, everyone has their bad days.

Besides, Brawl brings out the worst in people. It's so frustrating to be losing to someone you know you are better than when its because your opponent is camping or etc (not saying you were camping). Brawl has me wanting to throw my controller out my window whenever I play a camper on Gamebattles.

I'm sad I missed this tri-weekly :(

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
today was fun guys. always great seeing new faces and there were plenty of those around today. doubles is awesome... singles is no fun. brawl+singles=camping. im only gonna play doubles from now on fo sho. see everyone around.
yeaaa basically

except I'll still enter singles cuz I'm PsychoMidget .___.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
yay 13th place out of 75! I almost took THE psychomidget out in tournament!!! ^_____^

azn lep thanks for hosting and ****** with Game and watch....turtle mind games

yay for there being TWO other girls entered in the tournament!!!

yay SD!

where are Bone, Rickety...and the rest of SD?

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
I cant believe how much of a campfest Brawl is. Total let down.

And its cool paul. Norfair is lame anyways.

" TOUCHDOWN!" hahah

edit:

Good **** to pnoy in that Marth ditto :laugh: its hard adjusting to Marth in Brawl after having so many habits in Melee.

I miss the Jon Fsmash :ohwell:

Oh and that Metaknight player that threw the 2cd match against me. WTF MAN?! hahah you had it won!

To help though try to switch up your approach. In that 3rd game when i went Zero Suit Samus on you, you got predictable. Youre too good though keep it up.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
Oh and that Metaknight player that threw the 2cd match against me. WTF MAN?! hahah you had it won!

To help though try to switch up your approach. In that 3rd game when i went Zero Suit Samus on you, you got predictable. Youre too good though keep it up.
omg tat match was jus ridiculous :mad: i still dont really know wat happened. I jus got freaking gimped at 0% :mad: but yea your 0 suit was crazy in the third game i didnt know wat to do but yea no johns GG.

Awex

Smash Lord
Sweet tournament. I made some poor counterpicks in singles. Doubles went pretty good though. No johns. (Though the camping is pretty lame.)

Can't wait for the next one. :D

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Camping makes me sad.

Doubles made me happy, even though I didn't do that well. Those matches were probably the funnest matches I had all day.

Oh, and that set I threw against Mike Haze. XD

EDIT: Yeah, I don't think I'll be going to a tournament until I get the game and work out strategies against camping. FHJKHDSTOONLINKHFJDSOHTR.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
dam, I'm such a hypocrite :( I said I hated camping just a week ago and the next thing I know I'm the campiest person at the tournament =/

I just wanna go out of my way and say sorry to everyone I camped against, especially Blitz, for that 7 minute campfest >_<

my new in game tag is campy now lol

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
dam, I'm such a hypocrite :( I said I hated camping just a week ago and the next thing I know I'm the campiest person at the tournament =/

I just wanna go out of my way and say sorry to everyone I camped against, especially Blitz, for that 7 minute campfest >_<

my new in game tag is campy now lol
13 year olds haven't lived long enough to deserve the right to camp. Be a real man and play aggressive. lol jk

But srsly don't camp.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Connor, don't you use Marth???

LOL Marths like one of the few characters I know who can actually play aggressively and win. Shame on you!

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
omg tat match was jus ridiculous :mad: i still dont really know wat happened. I jus got freaking gimped at 0% :mad: but yea your 0 suit was crazy in the third game i didnt know wat to do but yea no johns GG.
That just came down to experience really.

I dont know if I did that mushroom hop thing, or if you just thought you had more jumps than you actually did. :laugh: Gotta be careful

Edit: I miss Melee

Just had to throw that in there.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Ugh...I just got a new controller, after 3 years and my C-stick breaking...

It feels nothing like my good ol' purple one. T_T

OMGGGG that happened to me toooo :( I've gone thru 2 controllers now ever since brawl T_T...... one was my FIRSTTTT controller everr and the L Trigger sticks now.... and the other one my C-stick doesnt always respond....

Boolossus

Smash Ace
OMGGGG that happened to me toooo :( I've gone thru 2 controllers now ever since brawl T_T...... one was my FIRSTTTT controller everr and the L Trigger sticks now.... and the other one my C-stick doesnt always respond....
After using the c-stick once, you have to let it return to it's neutral position before you use it again, or else the game won't register the attack.

Oh, and I played a campy Mario in Irvine yesterday. He was actually pretty good, just he fireballed alot. He ended up beating me in the tournament, but I counterpicked Frigate Orpheon during the second game to try to prevent him from camping, and it worked really well. He won the third game on FD though. =(

Top Bottom