• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nike can you give Beros my HDMI cord on Thursday? I can't make it. Work johns. :applejack:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nikes Pearl Nuzlocke Challenge
Chapter 1

Chapter 2: Tank's revenge

I decided to add a hardcap on levels for my team throughout the game. My team can only gain up to 5 levels between each gym leader, starting at lvl15 for the first gym. This will make some gyms easier (lol) but others harder.

Gym Leader | Gym's Level Range | My Hardcap Level
#1 - Roark - Oreburgh City | 12-14 | 15
#2 - Gardenia - Eterna City | 19-22 |20
#3 - Maylene - Veilstone City | 27-30 |25
#4 - Crasher Wake - Pastoria City | 27-30 |30
#5 - Fantina - Hearthome City | 32-36 |35
#6 - Byron - Canalave City | 36-39 |40
#7 - Candice - Snowpoint City | 38-42 |45
#8 - Volkner - Sunyshore City | 46-49 |50

I haven't decided what level to hardcap my team for the Elite Four, but I imagine it'll be somewhere between 55-60.

I felt it was time to see what type TM Hidden Power would be for my pokemon. After a little bit of testing, I figured out the typing:
  • Tank = Water
  • Mootopia = Water
  • Cassie = Ground
Tank is already a water type. While it is nice for Geodude to know a water move, it goes off his low Special Attack. I went with HP Ground for Cassie and it's suited her nicely.

After some grinding and Cassie evolving, it's time to take on Roark, the first gym leader. The current team

Pokemon| Name | Level | Moves
| Tank | 15 | Pound, Growl, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 15 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 15 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Larry | 6 | Leech Life, Supersonic
| Babybwake| 4 | Bide, Growl

Geodude and Onix went down easily. Tank grew to level 16. Just in time too because Cranidos will take a few Bubbles to kill.

Enemy Cranidos used Pursuit.
Tank used Bubble.

Uh oh. Pursuit did a lot of damage. I need an immediate potion, but decide to use another Bubble. It'll get Cranidos in the red. He leers. The following turn we both potion up. Tank has nearly full percent while Cranidos is a little over half. Another Bubble will get him back into the red but now I'm scared at Cranidos' damage output.

Enemy Cranidos used Headbutt.
Tank flinched.

****! It's gonna take 2 turns to kill him with Bubble but I won't get the opportunity. I'd just switch out to Geodude and sweep but that damn Pursuit will kill Tank if I do. I can't Potion stall with the Leer lowering my defense. Tank is in serious trouble.

I have no choice. I must switch out and pray that the enemy didn't use Pursuit. It's his highest chance of survival.

Mootopia -> Shift
Tank, good! Come back!
Go, Mootopia!
Cranidos used Leer!

OH MY GAWD. I can breathe again. Magnitude finished him off. Tank lives to evolve after the battle. I imagine he's mad at me, and for good reason.

After heading back to Jublife City, I got another pokeapp and did the quick event battle. When I got to Ravaged Path, I used my repel to save the area for later (I have no interest in another Zubat). I completed the rest of the route, went past Floaroma Town and reached the Valley Windworks to claim my next prize.

Anything but Bidoof is a win. Wild Male Buizel appears. I switch to Tank to do a few Bubbles. It's gonna be nice to have a decent backup water type. Not sure if I should leave him in the PC in case I lose Tank later on or if it's better to have Buizel training with me and use both. Either way is good, so being in this position is great! He looks kind of like a Megafox. I decide to na-

A critical hit!
Enemy Buizel fainted!

I think Tank was still mad from the Gym fight. Perhaps he feels that I'm going to replace him with another water type. Not sure. From here, I complete the events at Valley Windworks. The Galactic Boss didn't provide much trouble, though I did have to use an antidote on Mootopia due to toxic. Mootopia also teased the idea of learning Selfdestruct. NAY.

After healing up, I have access to grass areas in Route 5 and Eterna Forest. Because my main 3 pokemon are getting so strong, there nearly at the point of OHKO'ing anything in the wild. I decide to check Route 5 first. It's the same pokemon as Valley Windworks. I go into the grass and Buizel appears. It's redemption time for Tank. This one is also 2 levels higher than the other Buizel so that helps. This time he's low and I catch him. Because it wasn't the original, I decided that they were brothers and he was dubbed Megabro.

I healed up and headed straight for Eterna Forest. Getting Megabro was good, but now's the time for serious face because:

Whoa.

I really hope to avoid Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox. My main prize is Budew but I am conflicted. Misdreavus appears at night, but at the cost of Budew losing 10% chance. I could basically go with Budew at 30% or Budew and Misdreavus at 20% each (40%) total. It also lowers the chances of Wurmple. I decide to go with math and entered at night. What I completely forgot was that this Cheryl ***** wants to tag along. I didn't really care for this in previous times I played the game, but I get to encounter 2 pokemon instead of 1!

Let's rock.

A wild Buneary and Misdreavus appeared!

****KKKKK YEA. While I didn't see Budew, I went 2/2 on the others. I desperately need to make both of these catches count. I also have Chansey on my side and I have no idea if this is good or bad. I switch to Megabro. I pray he doesn't get gangbanged. Buneary gets into catching range. I send out a poke b-

It's no good! It's impossible to aim when there are two pokemon!

Touche, nuzlocke gods. Very well. I must end Buneary now and focus on Misdreavus. Taking absolutely no chance, I switch out to Tank and potion Megabro. Chansey finished off Buneary. Megabro tags back in. As it turns out, Chansey only knows Normal type moves. While Water Gun will take awhile, I should be able to clutch this out and catch the ghost. I get it into the yellow and switch back out to Tank.

With 5 poke balls, I go for it.

The first ball didn't even roll once. I need to find a way to get that percent lower before using the last 4 pokeballs. I could switch to Larry and Leech Life one percent at a time, but one Psywave may kill him. While he's worth the sacrifice, I need to get a couple off. Maybe switching to Babybwake, sacrificing him and then Larry, thereby Larry only taking one hit instead of two before attacking with Leech Life. It could work. It HAD to work. I switch to Babybwake. He dies in two turns. Larry Lurr time.

While healing only once, I managed to get 6 Leech Life's out. I have Misdreavus at the lowest possible percent. I throw a pokeball and it catches! It took a long time, but it was well worth it. Thank you, Babybwake. We honor your sacrifice. Misdreavus was named Starburst because I was really craving them. Ran back to the pokecenter (Made that ***** Cheryl wait in the forest by herself) to welcome my new addition to the team. I check the nature and... Lonely?!?!?!?

I FOUND YOU WITH A FRIEND BY YOUR SIDE. Oh well. I plow through Eterna Forest and decide to grind everyone except Larry to lvl20.

| Tank | 18 | Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 18 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 18 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Megabro | 9 | Water Gun, Quick Attack, Growl, Water Sport
| Starburst| 11 | Psywave, Atonish, Growl, Spite

Gardenia better watch out.​

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Beros, I've been checking the videos on youtube but they've been really flipping out in the middle of matches and start severely pixelating. Any chance you could do some test recordings and see if the Happauge could be flipping out?

Usually what causes this is incompatibility or low disk space.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
It was because I was stressing my laptop out when I made the Display TV as an extended monitor and recorded at the same time. For those who noticed the slowdown and hiccups in tourney, that's what was actually recorded shamefully. Until I upgrade my laptop, it'll only record flawflessly if it runs without doing any of the extra luxuries. (Santi pls ;_; )

Unless you could be right and maybe something in the Happauge or the USB Cords is starting to short out. If Santi takes the stream tomorrow, we'll see if the solo recording still remains good. Else I'll just do some recording off some old replays and upload to my personal channel as a quality test.

As for Disk Space, it's doing good so far. I started SAM3 with 95GB, ended up with about 70GB left.
Unclipped, the MM, doubles, and singles were 25GB. Post edit was 20GB.
To think from LoS3~9 my recordings didn't have this problem. I'm scared I already ****ed my **** up.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
Nikes Pearl Nuzlocke Challenge
Chapter 1

Chapter 2: Tank's revenge

I decided to add a hardcap on levels for my team throughout the game. My team can only gain up to 5 levels between each gym leader, starting at lvl15 for the first gym. This will make some gyms easier (lol) but others harder.

Gym Leader | Gym's Level Range | My Hardcap Level
#1 - Roark - Oreburgh City | 12-14 | 15
#2 - Gardenia - Eterna City | 19-22 |20
#3 - Maylene - Veilstone City | 27-30 |25
#4 - Crasher Wake - Pastoria City | 27-30 |30
#5 - Fantina - Hearthome City | 32-36 |35
#6 - Byron - Canalave City | 36-39 |40
#7 - Candice - Snowpoint City | 38-42 |45
#8 - Volkner - Sunyshore City | 46-49 |50

I haven't decided what level to hardcap my team for the Elite Four, but I imagine it'll be somewhere between 55-60.

I felt it was time to see what type TM Hidden Power would be for my pokemon. After a little bit of testing, I figured out the typing:
  • Tank = Water
  • Mootopia = Water
  • Cassie = Ground
Tank is already a water type. While it is nice for Geodude to know a water move, it goes off his low Special Attack. I went with HP Ground for Cassie and it's suited her nicely.

After some grinding and Cassie evolving, it's time to take on Roark, the first gym leader. The current team

| Tank | 15 | Pound, Growl, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 15 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 15 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Babybwake| 4 | Bide, Growl

Geodude and Onix went down easily. Tank grew to level 16. Just in time too because Cranidos will take a few Bubbles to kill.

Enemy Cranidos used Pursuit.
Tank used Bubble.

Uh oh. Pursuit did a lot of damage, I need an immediate potion, but decide to use another Bubble. It'll get him in the red. He leers. The following turn we both potion up. Tank has nearly full percent while Cranidos is a little over half. Another Bubble will get him back into the red but now I'm scared at his damage output.
Enemy Cranidos used Headbutt.
Tank flinched.

****! It's gonna take 2 turns to kill him with Bubble but I won't get the opportunity. I'd just switch out to Geodude and sweep but that damn Pursuit will kill me if I do. But I can't Potion stall with the Leer lowering my defense. Tank is in serious trouble.

I have no choice. I must switch out and pray that the enemy didn't use Pursuit. It's his highest chance of survival.

Mootopia -> Shift
Tank, good! Come back!
Go, Mootopia!
Cranidos used Leer!

OH MY GAWD, I can breathe again. Magnitude finished him off. Tank lives to evolve after the battle. I imagine he's mad at me, and for good reason.

After heading back to Jublife City, I got another pokeapp and did the quick event battle. When I got to Ravaged Path, I used my repel to save the area for later (I have no interest in another Zubat). Completed the rest of the route, went past Floaroma Town and reached the Valley Windworks to claim my next prize.

Anything but Bidoof is a win. Wild Male Buizel appears. I switch to Tank to do a few Bubbles. It's gonna be nice to have a decent backup water type. Not sure if I should leave him in the PC in case I lose Tank later on or if it's better to have him training with me and use both. Either way is good, so being in this position is great! He looks kind of like a Megafox. I decide to na-

A critical hit!
Enemy Buizel fainted!

I think Tank was still mad from the Gym fight. Perhaps he feels that I'm going to replace him with another water type. Not sure. From here, I complete the events at Valley Windworks. The Galactic Boss didn't provide much trouble, though I did have to use an antidote on Mootopia due to toxic. Mootopia also teased the idea of learning Selfdestruct. NAY. After healing up, I have access to grass areas in Route 5 and Eterna Forest. Because my main 3 pokemon are getting so strong, there nearly at the point of OHKO'ing anything in the wild. I decide to check Route 5 first. It's the same pokemon as Valley Windworks. I go into the grass and Buizel appears. It's redemption time for Tank. This one is also 2 levels higher than the other so that helps. This time he's low and I catch him. Because it wasn't the original, I decided that they were brothers and he was dubbed Megabro.

Healed up and headed straight for Eterna Forest. Getting Megabro was good, but now's the time for serious face because:

Whoa.

I really hope to avoid Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox. My main prize is Budew but I am conflicted. Misdreavus appears at night, but at the cost of Budew losing 10% chance. I could basically go with Budew at 30% or Budew and Misdreavus at 20% each (40%) total. It also lowers the chances of Wurmple. I decide to go with math and entered at night. What I completely forgot was that this Cheryl ***** wants to tag along. I didn't really care for this in previous times I played the game, but I get to encounter 2 pokemon instead of 1!

Let's rock.

A wild Buneary and Misdreavus appeared!

****KKKKK YEA. While I didn't see Budew, I went 2/2 on the others. I desperately need to make both of these catches count. I also have Chansey on my side and I have no idea if this is good or bad. I switch to Megabro. I pray he doesn't get gangbanged. Buneary gets into catching range. I send out a poke b-

It's no good! It's impossible to aim when there are two pokemon!

Touche, nuzlocke gods. Very well. I must end Buneary now and focus on Misdreavus. Taking absolutely no chance, I switch out to Tank and potion Megabro. Chansey finished off Buneary. Megabro tags back in. As it turns out, Chansey only knows Normal type moves. While Water Gun will take awhile, I should be able to clutch this out and catch the ghost. I get it into the yellow and switch back out to Tank.

With 5 poke balls, I go for it.

The first ball didn't even roll once. I need to find a way to get that percent lower before using the last 4 pokeballs. I could switch to Larry and Leech Life one percent at a time, but one Psywave may kill him. While he's worth the sacrifice, I need to get a couple off. Maybe switching to Babybwake, sacrificing him and then Larry, thereby Larry only taking one hit instead of two before attacking. It could work. It HAD to work. I switch to Babybwake. He dies in two turns. Larry Lurr time.

While healing only once, I managed to get 6 Leech Life's out. I have Misdreavus at the lowest possible percent. I throw a pokeball and it catches! It took a long time, but it was well worth it. Thank you, Babybwake. We honor your sacrifice. Misdreavus was named Starburst because I was really craving them. Ran back to the pokecenter (Made that ***** Cheryl wait in the forest by herself) to welcome my new addition to the team. I check the nature and... Lonely?!?!?!?

I FOUND YOU WITH A FRIEND BY YOUR SIDE. Oh well. I plow through Eterna Forest and decide to grind everyone except Larry to lvl20.

| Tank | 18 | Pound, Metal Claw, Bubble, Peck
| Cassie | 18 | HP Ground, Double Team, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 18 | Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Smash, Rock Polish
| Megabro | 9 | Water Gun, Quick Attack, Growl, Water Sport
| Starburst| 11 | Psywave, Atonish, Growl, Spite

Gardenia better watch out.​

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
What how did you put just two hashtags. It said my post had to be at least 10 characters...

Nike.

Smash Hero
Los Weekly 1-13 Results
4/9/15
26 Entrants

1: Megafox :4greninja::4littlemac::4fox:
2: Jbandrew :4diddy::4sheik:
3: K Prime :4pikachu:
4: Slush :4yoshi:
5: Incendiary :4mario:
5: HeroMystic :4mario:
7: Sylveon :4sheik::4ganondorf:
7: Leaf :4pikachu:
9: Enigma :4rob:
9: Mindless :4fox::4falcon:
9: Donte :4diddy:
9: Paw :4zss:
13: Aria :4sonic:
13: Lan :4falcon:
13: Few Chainz :4falcon:
13: Iam :4mario::4luigi:
17: Ninjafish60
17: LTC
17: RXJ
17: Geoberos
17: Pizzaking
17: Speedy
17: Crashman
17: inTOXIC
25: Lorde
25: Mondy

Thanks to everyone who showed up. Next week is the last week to collect points for the ELO Rankings.

I'll follow up this post with a few announcements about the rest of the Los events this month.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yea, that was ALOT on the line. I couldn't help but feel bad for you because that may very well be the deciding factor.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm prepared for that since Winner's points counts more than Loser's. Even if I'm not in Top 10 with the upset, that's cool. I still have one more weekly to edge my way in there.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Info regarding the rest of the Los Weeklies for this season:

Date | Event | Notes
April 16th (Thursday)| Los Weekly 1-14 |
April 23rd (Thursday)| Los Weekly 1-15 | Non top10
April 26th (Sunday)| Los Finals | Top10 only bracket
  • For next weeks weekly (Los 1-14), every WiiU should have the new patch. However, not everybody will have Mewtwo downloaded on their WiiU. While I had originally decided to not allow Mewtwo at all for Los 1-14, I have recieved 5894705049367596 questions/requests for him to be allowed. Therefore, if we can get at least 4 setups with Mewtwo downloaded, he will be legal for Los 1-14. To help with this, when I take sign ups I will ask every entrant if they plan on using him and making notes for those who do. Remember, we need at least 4 for this to even be considered.

• In case there was any confusion, those who are not going to be in the Los Finals can play at Los 1-15. This includes Jbandrew and/or Valdens.

• Los Finals will be paying out to Top 10. However, I haven't decided percentages on payouts yet and would very much like to hear everyone's thoughts on what they should be. I haven't altogether ruled out the idea of playing out tie breakers (for 5th place, 7th place, and 9th place) but I am very much against the idea. It creates 3 more sets to play. As an alternative, if everyone really wanted to, we could have a second recording setup and do the tie-breakers there. What payouts would everyone like to see?

• After Los 1-14 is over, I will begin polling the San Antonio community on the ruleset currently used for the weeklies and monthlies. Many players have expressed desire for some changes and perhaps it is time to shake things up a little. I'd rather we waited until after Los 1-14 for serious discussion, but a few off the top of my head include:
  • 7 Minute timer vs 8 Minute Timer
  • 1 Ban vs 2 Bans
  • FLSS vs Normal Stage Striking
  • Legality of certain stages
  • Lylat Cruise being a starter
That's just to name a few, but I encourage more ideas from the community (nothing stupid, please). When polling is done, the adjusted ruleset will be used for Season 2 and the WINGS Monthlies (including WINGS 4).

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Btw Espy, I'm sorry but I forgot to give beros your HMDI cord :( I'll drive tmrw wherever you'd like and drop it off.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There were some great games this week. I felt like the hype was bigger even with the small turn out.
It's hype because the tourney was pretty stacked. Kind of the reason why I enjoy smaller tournies a bit more than the larger ones. Higher chances of fighting the people I want to fight.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I have a hard time thinking of a suitable replacement for Lylat as a starter. I'm not as familiar with others in regards to the stages though.

Personally, I prefer less bans and less stages to choose from for counterpicks. But that is just for simplicity sake and there's no reasoning behind it. It doesn't really matter to me. I guess 2 bans would be nice so I can forever ban hell-loft.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I guess Duck Hunt would be the best contender if there was a replacement. I wish that tree wasn't so tall, but there's not too much to gripe about that stage.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
So um, I think I wont be able to access this tourney's recordings for a while. When I was cleaning up after tourney, the laptop shut itself down when I disconnected the projector HDMI and capture device USB. I thought I just pressed the power button. Ate out with my group, dropped them off, got home to get ready to clip and upload. Laptop doeant turn on. Connects power adapter, doesnt register charging. Can't be low power else it would've went to sleep. The power indicator to the adapter stopped working so I can't tell either or in this diagnosis. I think it finally happened. RIP '08-'15.
:phone:

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
remove skyloft and kongo from the counterpicls, replace Lylat with duck hunt or keep lylat(idc). 8 minute timer. 3 or 2 stocks(either one works for me) . Honestly I'd like to see customs in the future, with as much set ups as we have on a weekly basis I think it's possible. Maybe not on a weekly basis but perhaps biweekly?

Also I just noticed the final is on Sunday..and chances are that I won't probably get off work till 7-8. There's a possibility of getting off as early as 6 but not that likely. Why can't we have on our regular Thursday date?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I bet my loss to Sylveon will keep me out of the Top 10 even though I got an upset vs Paw.
My post from a week or two ago about how not punishing this system feels after a good amount of tournamnets might not make your loss or gain that high honestly.
  • For next weeks weekly (Los 1-14), every WiiU should have the new patch. However, not everybody will have Mewtwo downloaded on their WiiU. While I had originally decided to not allow Mewtwo at all for Los 1-14, I have recieved 5894705049367596 questions/requests for him to be allowed. Therefore, if we can get at least 4 setups with Mewtwo downloaded, he will be legal for Los 1-14. To help with this, when I take sign ups I will ask every entrant if they plan on using him and making notes for those who do. Remember, we need at least 4 for this to even be considered.
Prime and I will have Mewtwo so there's two already.
  • Los Finals will be paying out to Top 10. However, I haven't decided percentages on payouts yet and would very much like to hear everyone's thoughts on what they should be. I haven't altogether ruled out the idea of playing out tie breakers (for 5th place, 7th place, and 9th place) but I am very much against the idea. It creates 3 more sets to play. As an alternative, if everyone really wanted to, we could have a second recording setup and do the tie-breakers there. What payouts would everyone like to see?
That depends honestly.
1. How much is in the pot.
2. Why not more sets to play for tiebreaker, will we not have enough time from whenever it starts to whenever we get kicked out if you have another super secret special venue for top 10 to be at?
3. Following up on 2, is it Bo3 or 5 like my suggestion a couple weeks ago.
Not saying smash is league, but the way their season works is of course 4 games a week and assuming they win all 4 on the week, it's 4-0 which means a team went 1-0 against 4 teams.

For smash it's one weekly so possible to go 1-0 or 2-0 against someone if you play them again in loser's. Near the end of the split bracket is made and it's no longer Bo1 matches it goes to Bo5 to give more time to adapt and possibly cause huge upsets. (Curse vs LMQ last year 2-0 before LMQ went back 2-3, or CLG vs Curse academy same thing as curse vs LMQ 0-2 to 3-2)

Just don't really understand the whole 14 weeklys to show the top 10 players and hype it up, but then if it's a 2-0 sweep it prolly only lasted 3 minutes each game.
Not saying a 3rd or 4th game makes it that vastly different but if they start playing better on one of those games it'd be a real match.
  • After Los 1-14 is over, I will begin polling the San Antonio community on the ruleset currently used for the weeklies and monthlies. Many players have expressed desire for some changes and perhaps it is time to shake things up a little. I'd rather we waited until after Los 1-14 for serious discussion, but a few off the top of my head include:
  • 7 Minute timer vs 8 Minute Timer
  • 1 Ban vs 2 Bans
  • FLSS vs Normal Stage Striking
  • Legality of certain stages
  • Lylat Cruise being a starter
That's just to name a few, but I encourage more ideas from the community (nothing stupid, please). When polling is done, the adjusted ruleset will be used for Season 2 and the WINGS Monthlies (including WINGS 4).
8 minutes? I know I sound like a broken record but almost every single timeout that happens is either both characters have no kill set ups and are around 30-70% or it's down to the wire 130+% each and by the time people realize it's less than 40 seconds left they start playing the keep away game.
8 minutes being 2:40 for each stock or 9 mins for 3 mins each stock, whichever you prefer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAmI2HdBqw#t=3m3s

2 bans infinitely better. Game 2 or not, I do not like having to ban lylat or halberd and leave BF or FD open (good for diddy and just about anyone).

Don't think FLSS is needed since most players will just agree to smashville anyways and even with current 5 starter striking and somebody denies smashville, it takes all but 5 seconds to strike 4 stages.
Think Normal stage striking is fine for now, maybe try FLSS at a couple weeklys similar to customs here or there but not every single weekly so people can choose either skyloft or a not flat stage for their game 1 to get a breath of fresh air that isn't having to go to UA for customs only (stagelists are the same I think)

Lylat CP, Duck hunt skyloft wuhu or Delfino starter if we keep Normal stage striking. Add wuhu, look into toying around with woolly world, or Mario Circuit Smash 4 if we don't go FLSS way.
Reasoning for the three travelling stages is to add variety and go outside the box of flat stages with some platforms. Or we can do 7 starters like the old days with delfino or wuhu + Castle siege.

Lylat Cruise stuff: http://smashboards.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-lylat-cruise.396579/
http://smashboards.com/threads/we-need-to-talk-about-lylat-cruise.396579/page-3#post-18871120

I out for now

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Also I just noticed the final is on Sunday..and chances are that I won't probably get off work till 7-8. There's a possibility of getting off as early as 6 but not that likely. Why can't we have on our regular Thursday date?
The final will start around 7pm, but they are all being played on the recording setup so you should still be good (unless you got out at 8).

The final was scheduled back in late February/early March. Some of the players have scheduled around it. Santi even got a early return flight on the same day so that he could make it. It's very possible that we could change it to the same day as the weeklies in the future but for this season there's nothing that can be done at this point.

Maybe making the weeklies Friday?
That's a very good question. Day of the week for seasons is definitely up for debate. However, Fridays could potentially interfere with weekends where San Antonio is traveling out of town. On the flip side, out of towners could travel here on Fridays and potentially get 3 tournies in 3 days if they wanted. Interesting.

Prime and I will have Mewtwo so there's two already.
Sweet. Thank you.

1. How much is in the pot.
I think atm it's just over $1000. There are 2 more weeklies though so I suspect it'll be around $1100-1150.

2. Why not more sets to play for tiebreaker, will we not have enough time from whenever it starts to whenever we get kicked out if you have another super secret special venue for top 10 to be at?
- I'd like to record every set that's happening in the tourney. Tie-breakers add 3 more sets to play and potentially 30-45 minutes for everyone. If the majority of the players in the tourney wanted them then yea we could do it, but I just hope everyone is aware of the result.
-The venue is Otaku Cafe.

3. Following up on 2, is it Bo3 or 5 like my suggestion a couple weeks ago.
Not saying smash is league, but the way their season works is of course 4 games a week and assuming they win all 4 on the week, it's 4-0 which means a team went 1-0 against 4 teams.
-Best of 5 set brackets take forever. Remember how long top8 was at Apex? Those were only 2 stocks too.
-The tourney would absolutely have to be on 2 setups. Geoberos just potentially lost the ability to record.
-LCS has their playoffs happening over the course of 3 weeks, with 1 set a day. That is in no way comparable to a 4 hour window for a smash tourney.

Does everyone else want best of 5 sets? If the majority is yes then we can do it. It WILL drag the tourney on but I suppose everyone's already aware of that.

Top Bottom