• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Kyle did help on stuff, it wasn't like he wasn't there the whole time. We were supposed to handle melee as well, but he took over and ran it with one setup. That's still pretty legit.
How much is the average payout for placing 1st-2nd in Melee singles and doubles?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Suspect, I can't breaf.

He's right though. I think the venue fee for Melee is the energy drained from the wall during the tourney.

And guys, next time I'll go and run the tourney from the PC and Megaphone for you. If I'm still here. :(

I won't enter anyways, and I'll make sure that ***** runs smooth.

I doubt it's Kyle's fault though. Either way, just have me there, I'll help all I can.

So how was the con itself outside of merchandise like Slush mentioned?

Nike.

Smash Hero
HOLYYYYY CRAP, Mr.C is actually talking to me.

They did 60/30/10. But less than 16 people entered, so it was a small bracket.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I wasnt there the whole weekend, but seems like every year it get's worse.

And speaking of walls, the back wall kept shaking and moving...that ish was kinda freaking me out while I was playing idk if it was cause I was tired or what.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Nothing compared to your 1000 dollar weefee tourney.

And that's a shame Sus. I've been afraid that the convention would lose its luster. It started off so well, it had little room to expand.
That, and it's just not as much fun when you don't travel out of state or city. :\

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium

And speaking of walls, the back wall kept shaking and moving...that ish was kinda freaking me out while I was playing idk if it was cause I was tired or what.
It was most certainly not just you.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Wut? Which line are you referring to? :O

Should that read "It was most certainly not, just you." or the way you have it already, as in "Suspect, you weren't the only one who had that experience."

I DEMAND CONTEXT.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
And guys, next time I'll go and run the tourney from the PC and Megaphone for you. If I'm still here. :(

I won't enter anyways, and I'll make sure that ***** runs smooth.

I doubt it's Kyle's fault though. Either way, just have me there, I'll help all I can.

So how was the con itself outside of merchandise like Slush mentioned?
I haven't used my voice to call matches in quite a long time. . .

I really liked the con.
I enjoyed myself.
I miss a lot --

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Wut? Which line are you referring to? :O

Should that read "It was most certainly not, just you." or the way you have it already, as in "Suspect, you weren't the only one who had that experience."

I DEMAND CONTEXT.
haha, I edited it within less than a minute of posting it Maaaaaaaaaan, quick reading though. XD

Although, the answer you were looking for, would be the latter of the 2 you've listed.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Never got to enjoy any of the con itself :( Looked the same as last year, though.

I'll make a big post about stuff later tonight.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
wow loko too!?! i dont care what your johns are i just want to know does he live in sa?
Im sure he does, btw Loko SDed quite a few times during his match with this R.O.B. l: (

You should not forfeit and time yourself out, just to waste their time. Go over the LGL while you're at it.
Why would it waste my time, I would love to "OK" for 8 minutes.

I wish I knew some adventurous souls who would want to play Crystal Chronicles with me all the way through... GBAs and all.
Challenge excepted. I can just download it and upload it onto my GBA flash card.

Isn't Kyro a Ness player?
Ness, Ness I am.

Well, thats why Sakurai gave Squirtle, Ness, Lucas and Wario grab release issues. They are just so damn annoying to try to grab.

They probably should have done something to Sonic too....
and metaknight
If it weren't for the GR on Ness I could see him with much more happier Agro game. I really don't like the campyness all to much.

i bet i could come back and beat zero and kyro JUST BECAUSE i use snake.

MM for both of them 10 dollas.

im that confident.
hmmmm "OK". I just need to get paid first,waiting for a check for a month is not fun.

Kyro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYAGddvM8fY
Oh look more shenanigans from GR.
Try me "Mother" ****er! Other than that those do look like delicious combos but are they confirmed? I noticed they were done on CPUs.

As much as I wanted to go, I feel I made the right choice, money is tight.

I made like 600 at the YuGiOh Sneak peaks.
Did you pick up any water cards for me :3. I saw D and his brother, we talked a bit. He showed me the water XYZ thingies. Said hes making some shark deck or something : /. i need to read more on the water cards that came out so i can see how in the hell im going to balance out the whole deck.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

The whole room was spinning for me as well, though before the headache came, I noticed the walls shaking and moving as well...

Never got to enjoy any of the con itself :( Looked the same as last year, though.

I'll make a big post about stuff later tonight.
You barely missed anything, only new thing is probably Ponies now. (no literally)

Im sure he does, btw Loko SDed quite a few times during his match with this R.O.B. l: (
I didn't watch the entire match, But even LoKo SD'ed?!
My god, he must've been tired while I had to deal with a migraine during the match.

Try me "Mother" ****er! Other than that those do look like delicious combos but are they confirmed? I noticed they were done on CPUs.
I'd test it if I could, but after I was done and I couldn't get any housing, I decided to head on home to swallow a bottle of aspirin (Cap included) and hope it'd go away. It was until I was already on the road that I noticed I left my Wiimote/nunchuk so I can't even play Brawl now just to test random stuff.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I should have waited and just gone to san japan D: even though I don't like cons
It would've been really, really cool to play your meta. If I recall correctly, you beat Nike in a Money Match with it, right?

I still kind of wish we had at least gotten to play friendlies at Nikefest 3.5, but you had to leave sooner than I'd expected. XD

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
While you're at it, take his headband.

This dialogue of his is killing me. It's Diealog.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Some pretty interesting stuff:

• I kept the sign-up sheet for Brawl. I asked anybody who was from San Antonio to put their phone numbers next to their name/tag. There's 26 numbers. I'm going to attempt to text all of them and try to get them to create a smashboards account, find the SA thread, and to attend future tournies/fests. Besides those 26, most of the entrants put their full name for sign-ups. You can see them for yourselves on the results, though. This means that we can find them on facebook and try to recruit them from there. I can say with pretty good confidence that Kevin B, Atmos, and Choppa were the best 3 random con players and all of them are very interested in joining the scene.

• This morning, when there were a few of us left, I made an announcement in the Gameroom for anybody who play's LoL to write their summon name and champion on a list. 9 people registered and a few of them play ranked matches. Remember, they are from SA too so we should def consider adding them to our contacts list and setting up games. Here's the list (I hope I can read the crappy handwriting lol):

Arceolus - Jerran
LightningZeno - Darrin
A Furious Shark - Rogrick <- this is BossaNova
mishabird - Misha <- Espy, this is the chick from the 4th floor :)
KidBuu7 - Jasquel
NOOoOOB - Santonal <- Try N00O00B if that doesn't work
Driagraz - ???
||wookz|| - ??? <- I hope that's the format
SuPa SaYiN - Daniel

• I'll be recording tourney sets all week. I HOPE to have them up before Nikefest4. Set's to be uploaded:

Winners Bracket: Zero (Sonic) vs Atmos (Diddy) 1-2

Winners Quarters: Big Boss (Snake) vs Slush (Yoshi) 1-2
Winners Quarters: Nike (Marth) vs Zero (Sonic) 1-2
Winners Quarters: K Prime (Pikachu) vs Suspect (Marth) 1-2

Winners Semis: Nike (Marth) vs K Prime (Pikachu) 1-3
Winners Semis: Big Boss (Snake) vs Espy (Sonic) 1-3

Winners Finals: Espy (Sonic) vs K Prime (Pikachu) 2-3 (Game1 wasn't saved)

Losers Bracket: Kyro (Ness) vs Zero (Sonic) 1-2 (both were timeouts lol)
Losers Bracket: Suspect (Metaknight/Lucario) vs Zero (Sonic) 1-3

Losers Quarters: Big Boss (Snake) vs Zero (Sonic) 1-3
Losers Quarters: Nike (Marth) vs KevinB (ROB) 1-3

Losers Semis: Nike (Marth) vs Zero (Sonic) 1-3

Losers Finals: Nike (Marth) vs Espy (Sonic) 1-4

Grand Finals: Espy (Sonice) vs K Prime (Pikachu) 1-4

• I don't think I can afford to go to Swatfest2 and run Nikefest4 in the same week. I would KILL to go to San Angelo this week but I'm running a big tourney at my house this weekend and it's gonna drain alot of my mula. Sorry Dojo and SA :(

Espy and I ran MK9 (2 setups), MvC3 (2 setups with a scratched disc that kept dying), and a 64-entrant Brawl tourney with very little sleep. I am about to go hibernate.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Yea next time I ever get to go to a tourney in SA we can play some matches, I was gonna ask you to MM my MK but my friends were already there to pick me up.
Sounds great, and all right, I'll be down to MM your MK if you want. Well, so long as I have the money of course. :)

@Maaaaaaaaaan - Sorry, I don't get the headband reference. Although, I can't really say it's my problem that you don't care for the things I say.

Edit: @RedShadow - when I played him in friendlies we talked about some stuff, apparently, he used to play in tournies every now and then a long time ago.
Edit2: @Nike - if you want, you can send me replay data, I just finished fixing my wii's hacks etc. so I should definitely be able to have/save replays longer than 3 minutes, and I do have a dazzle recorder, so I can split the uploads with you if you like, to try and save some time.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
>_> you want Justin to beat you in a MM?
I wouldn't *want* to lose. It's just that, if I *do* lose, which is very likely (from what I've heard), I would like to be able to pay him his winnings. =.= I wouldn't want to go and do a life money match like Illmatic did against Nike. XD

inb4namesearched.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't *want* to lose. It's just that, if I *do* lose, which is very likely (from what I've heard), I would like to be able to pay him back. =.= I wouldn't want to go and do a life money match like Illmatic did against Nike. XD

inb4namesearched.
So what your saying is you want to be Justin's "personal" slave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom