• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Here you go Mew2king:

Laser Locking
You know what this is. Remember that, besides getting the free 20-30% on the opponent, the main use of the lock is to refresh your entire movepool. Remember, to refresh/unstale a move means using 8 other moves first. 8 lasers from a laser lock makes this super easy and **** :)

There are 3 legit ways to Laser Lock:

• Dthrow -> Jab -> Laser Lock
This is the main setup. Start doing Dthrow -> Jab after doing the chaingrab to spike/dacus. In other words, try this from 45-89%. The jab will miss if the opponent DI's straight up. However, lots of people instead DI away from falco (trying to get away from him lol).

If you have an EXTREMELY good reaction time, you can watch the opponent after the jab to see if they do land on the ground. If they jump/aerial/air dodge before touching the ground, you can instead do an illusion after the jab. Perfect punisher of the air dodge.

• Ftilt from around 65-90% -> Laser Lock
Pretty self explanatory. Only works if they let their character fall to the ground.

• Aerial (usually Bair) from platform (usually BF) -> turn around -> laser lock
I showed you this last night. To practice this, go to training mode and select battlefield (metaknight makes a good CPU). make sure there on the edge of the platform. Bair them so that they fall off. Turn to face them and then laser lock. Derp.

A good thing to keep in mind: if you choke the laser lock and the opponent starts to stand up, IMMEDIATELY do jump -> illusion. If timed right, the illusion will hit the opponent as there standing up. **** :)

Wall Jump -> Illusion
Wall jumping is when your against the side of a stage (practice on battlefield) and you press away from the wall. The character literally jumps off of it towards the edge of the level (hence why illusion afterwords is almost always going to happen lol).

2 ways to practice this. Illusion onto the stage and illusion back to the ledge. The one that puts you back on the ledge requires fast reflexes on the joystick, but it's still good to know. Practice it til it's second nature.

Illusion Ledge Cancel
I cannot stress how **** this is, but it requires pretty good timing. It's the one where you illusion on the ledge, but it kind of canceled and you start to float down. You also have your second jump back.

Falco's feet have to be level with the stage. One way to try this is to stand on the ledge, hit the joystick off stage (as if your running) and immediately illusion back to the stage. The timing is strict. Too early and you go back on stage. Too late and you grab the ledge.

Learning this IS A REQUIREMENT as a falco main. Trust me, it's sooooo **** if you can do it second nature. DEHF uses this for mindgames when illusioning back to the stage and it's awesome.

Illusion Cancel
Pressing the B-button at a certain time during an illusion cancels it in half. Very good mixup/mindgame. Perfect when you see the opponent charging a smash where you'll land, and then it was cut in half lol. Learn the timing of it.

Turn Around Laser
While in the air, tap the joystick towards the opposite direction your facing and then press b to laser. This is good for when you drop from a platform on battlefield to shoot towards the stage when the opponent is dashing across the stage towards you. Easy peasy.

*combining this with a Ledge Jump Double Laser or illusion is absolute **** if the first laser hit the opponent/they powershielded. More on that in a second.

B-Reversal
When falco is in the air and floating towards the direction he's facing, press b -> opposite direction very fast (hit the joystick AFTER pressing b) and falco will jolt towards the other direction and shoot a laser. You may have seen snake do this with grenades a bunch when he's falling down. This will probably take a little time to learn, but when you figure out the timing it becomes second nature.

Ledge Jump Double Laser
This is the one we practiced a little. Drop off the ledge (fast fall) -> double jump -> turn around laser (use the joystick to also land on stage, but not too much that you use illusion) -> double laser. If timed PERFECT, both lasers will be low to the ground and the second one is silent. LEARN THIS. After awhile this can turn into a mixup with illusion instead, making it hard for the opponent to punish :)

Dacus
I know you were having trouble learning it last night, but it's simply a requirement. If it takes you a whole day to learn the timing, do it.

Make sure the dash attack hits the opponent before pressing the c-stick up. There's a rhythm behind it. You'll get it.

It's possible to do from 0-70%ish. After that, the usmash will most likely miss. Not a bad thing, by 70% you'll want to save the usmash as a kill move anyway. However, you'll most likely be using DACUS from 40-70% because before that is the chaingrab range, which is far more beneficial. This is a very good alternative if dair spike after the chaingrab isn't what you wanna do.

Practice all of these whenever your at home doing nothing. You'll actually feel yourself getting better at the game lol. I wouldn't bother trying to tackle the other hard dacus or the frame perfect bdacus til you learned all of this.

Hope this was helpful. It ***** Paw anyway :p
hey nike, i know that was meant for that other falco, but it really helped me out too. Sorry I missed your tournament btw. My grandpa came into town at the last second. Hopefully I get to meet you guys some other time.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You people fail to understand that it doesn't matter how many mk mains/2ndaries/pocket we have. It's what he does and what he is.

:phone:

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
everyone who cries that mk is broken and refuses to use him for that reason. ITS YOUR FAULT HES NOT BANNED!!! If you really want him banned you should be showing the community how broken he really is. everyone should pick mk at every tourny they attend, but instead you find ways to beat mk with marth tl sonic and peach, this only helps prove that its the player and not mk. Now I will lead by example. I promise to use mk at every tournament until hes banned. Will "you" follow my lead?

Join the revolution.

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
everyone who cries that mk is broken and refuses to use him for that reason. ITS YOUR FAULT HES NOT BANNED!!! If you really want him banned you should be showing the community how broken he really is. everyone should pick mk at every tourny they attend, but instead you find ways to beat mk with marth tl sonic and peach, this only helps prove that its the player and not mk. Now I will lead by example. I promise to use mk at every tournament until hes banned. Will "you" follow my lead?

Join the revolution.

When has solving a problem ever sounded so fun!??!?!?

I'm down >: )

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice

And how ****ing dare anyone out there ban MK, after all hes been threw. He lost his Infinite Cape Glitch, hes going threw a Ban. All you people care about are readers and making money off of him, HES A CHARACTER!!! What you don't realize is that MK is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him. He hasn't won a tourney in years!!! His play style is gay for a reason cuz all you people want is gay gay gay gay!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE. Your lucky he is even in this game you BAST*RDS!!! LEAVE MK ALONE!!! Pleeeease....... IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIM YOU DEAL WITH ME!!! *crying* Please leave him alone...

darksonicbase

Smash Cadet

And how ****ing dare anyone out there ban MK, after all hes been threw. He lost his Infinite Cape Glitch, hes going threw a Ban. All you people care about are readers and making money off of him, HES A CHARACTER!!! What you don't realize is that MK is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him. He hasn't won a tourney in years!!! His play style is gay for a reason cuz all you people want is gay gay gay gay!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE. Your lucky he is even in this game you BAST*RDS!!! LEAVE MK ALONE!!! Pleeeease....... IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIM YOU DEAL WITH ME!!! *crying* Please leave him alone...
u better leave him alone bc u dont he well own u

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman

Also, yeah Kon, I've had that discussion with light about a year ago, and we both tried it and it was crazy how well we did. Well, he did rather since he went to more tournaments, but I tried it, like at San Japan, and the other 2 tournies I attended here, and I think I placed pretty well, I'd say...

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Every one has to go mk not just a couple of ppl imagine a hobo with 100% mk usage. If the whole brawl community would just over use mk the rule set commity would have to ban him. Im giving you the answer ppl, Its up to "you" to solve the problem.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I honestly don't feel over-centralization is a ban-worthy trait for a character. The character isn't more or less broken because alot of people use him.

I feel that if MK deserves to be banned, it should be because of his capabilities, not simply because of his results. TX might not be overrun by MKs, but that doesn't mean we can't help lead the way for other regions.

Would you allow Olimar to be legal in mid/low tier tournaments if "most" olimar players in the region chose to play without using pikmin? What about ICs that choose to kill nana and play as sopo? Playstyles of individual players don't make MK less bannable imo.

No offense to any of the MKs here, but just because you play a certain way and enjoy the character (hell i do too now and then), doesn't really mean the character is fair. Instead of telling people to "get better" you should be telling people "get alot better". Because thats what is actually necessary.

I guess I'm more of a casual though.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You people fail to understand that it doesn't matter how many mk mains/2ndaries/pocket we have. It's what he does and what he is.
Really, Alan? What does he do and what is he, then?

And I'm only asking for Alan to answer that and not anyone else. I'm genuinely interested to see what he has to say.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Sigh......

The bat isn't broken. Leave it alone. Play towards your character strengths and find a way around all the things he does to you. There is always a way. Always.

Also, if it is all about winning, then use Metaknight yourself. Nobody is making anyone play the character you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom