• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Do you REALLY want me to break this down for you?
Because I will. It just takes awhile to write out.

But to address "Get Better" for the time being, the same argument can be made for half of the levels and techniques commonly banned.

Pipes, Port Town, Luigi's Mansion?
Get better. Abuse blocks, avoid cars, and manipulate the house.

Dedede's walking chaingrab? Marth vs. Ness or Lucas? Ledge grab limit?
Again, avoid, avoid, and find a way around.

You can't support the Unity Ruleset while also supporting a "Get Better" mentality on Meta Knight, because then you have no groundings for the ledge grab limit. GIMR just made a video on "Anti-Planking" in Metagame Minute. Instead of giving characters an LGL, the players should simply just get better and find a way around his planking and scrooging.

You see what I mean? That argument just doesn't work because the reasoning behind what you support contradicts other concepts that you support.

Hell, one could use "Get Better" as a means of allowing items on high, if they wanted to.
A weak argument, mind you, but hey, that reasoning has always been terrible.
If this was the case then why are the people who did get better the ones who aren't asking for him to get banned?

Just sayin'

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Really now? And yet no arguments have been brought up supporting that other than "you're wrong, I'm right."
MK is the closest thing to Perfect in the game of brawl. The person who is the closest at the moment to playing him perfectly as humanly possible here in the "US" is M2K (IMO). He has rarely or not even lost a set when he is playing at the top of his game. Taking that into consideration, anybody who takes enough time to practice and learn MK can also achieve this and more becoming a dominating force at tourneys. Making MK the major choice If the player wants to win. Even if the MK main is not all that good he still poses a threat to any tournament bracket, making an unhealthy Metagame. If the actual MK mains are saying just deal with it and get better then what happens when the other players do get better? Will the MK mains just be sitting back waiting for that to happen? No of course not they too will also be practicing and attending tournaments just like the other players trying to get even better. It would be an almost impossible game of catch up. Not only that but MK has so many great tools in his arsenal he can abuse while the rest of the other characters have only a few moves that are really good meaning that that the other mains have to spend more time trying to learn the reading and spacing game while still trying to learn more techs with there character. In the Mean time MK just has to learn a good timed and well spaced Scoop to gimp the whole cast.

this is my opinion and argument, wouldn't mind if you retorted I love debating.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm very liberal withh stages, support all infinites and don't support unity in the slightest.

MK's planking however, is on a completely different level with the others. Theoretically, it's beatable by like Fox who shoots a laser and never loses the lead, or another MK. That's all but completely game-breaking. However, I also feel it hasn't been put into practice well enough to warrant the current LGL. The other argument is in comeetitive philosophy and how you feel the game should or shouldn't be played. Brawl is a ring-out type game and wasn't intended to be played by one character constantly grabbing the edge and not fighting. "Brawl is a game that shouldn't have a clear best character dominiating" holds a lot less viability in an unbiased argument.

Kyro, that's kind of like saying you should never win a disadvantaged match-up. Which won't happen unless you're better than the opponent. Hence, get better.
It just so happens that in Brawl, the best player chose to main the best character. And a lot of others that really want to win also chose the best character. It's what happens.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I wish I could participate in this.conversation but I'm on vacation and have a slow phone. I will be back soon and able to shed light on why MK will/not be banned.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Kyro, that's kind of like saying you should never win a disadvantaged match-up. Which won't happen unless you're better than the opponent. Hence, get better.
It just so happens that in Brawl, the best player chose to main the best character. And a lot of others that really want to win also chose the best character. It's what happens.
That is not at all what i think i gave off in my little argument. I do know that it is possible to beat a non winning semi-imposable match up. But in MKs case you literally would have to do everything perfectly, and that is not going to happen because we are human. That is the main reason why i put " as Humanly Possible" in my argument as well. The opponent would have to be thinking about every little bit of frame data between the two characters while formulating a strategy, while trying to read and react. That is just not going to happen because of all the factors MK has.

Reizilla

The MK is also human. He will make just as many mistakes as you. 6-4 is a very winnaable match-up.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the only difference is his mistakes are hardly punishable because he is so fast. Also using that speed to punish every mistake the other player makes and not having to worry about a thing.

Reizilla

So make less mistakes. That's what you have to do in any match-up where you have a disadvantage. This is nothing new.

Reizilla

So you're saying he would be just as good of a player. Cool. I see no reason why he shouldn't win.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Well isnt that how people learn? Make a mistake and learn from it? unless your saying the player is dumb and did not know how to do that? In any aspect MK has more leeway with mistakes then most characters unless we factory in SDs wich could win any player a game : /

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Wasent Paw drinking Nikes tears at Ihop, He had a whole quart to himself.

I made a song Just for MK : D

I know you like me (I know you like me)
I know you do (I know you do)
Thats why whenever I come around your mains all over you
And I know you want it (I know you want it)
It's easy to see (it's easy to see)
And in the back of your mind
I know you should be practicing with me

[Chorus]
Dont cha wish your main was cheap like me
Dont cha wish your main was a beast like me
Dont cha, dont cha
Dont cha wish your main was raw like me
Dont cha wish your main was **** like me
Dont cha, dont cha

Dont fight the feeling (Dont fight the feeling)
Dont leave it alone (Dont leave it alone)
Cause if it aint winning
Its just enough to quit your Main
Let's keep it campy (let's keep it campy)
You have to play gay (you have to play gay)
See, I dont care
But I know your main dont wanna share

[Chorus]
Dont cha, dont cha
Dont cha, dont cha
I know I'm on your mind
I know we'll have a good time
I'm your friend
I'm fun
And I'm da best
I aint lying
Look at me, you aint blind [2x]

See, I know they main you (I know they main you)
I dont understand (I dont understand)
I'd be way better for you
If I were your main
Maybe next 3 years from now (maybe next 3 years from now)
Possibly (possibly)
Until then, Oh friend your'e secret is safe with me

[Chorus]
Dont cha, dont cha
Dont cha, dont cha

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
lol Meta knight is just so Dumb, anyone who supports him is just doing it to argue.

It's like saying Hornets are important and shouldn't be killed, even though all they do is f sh i t up.

You cant argue with results. He. Wins. Games.

Reizilla

Kyro's song convinced me. The godless things brought by MK are too much.

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
Yes and you will still lose to any A-Tier characters? Who cares if he wins games, worry about the other characters you are going to lose to as well.
You know, you really like to rag on my tier alot. I dont just worry about meta knight you know.
For that matter, I dont even know the match up.

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
Sorry Helix it really wasn't just directed to you, but to most people who want MK banned yet lose to other characters in tourney. Yet MK is the reason they lose somehow.
I've like played...1 Meta Knight, EVER.

But you CANNOT argue with results

edit: GOD I LOVE your avi Justin X3

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Who cares about results from other states though, he's not effecting any results in Texas to an extent that he needs to be banned.

YEAAAAAAAA NOBODY CAN BE MAD AT ME WITH MY CUTE FACE

Yeah, but isn't he like, broken as all get out, or something?
Sorry, haven't played brawl in forever, dunno if the METAgame has changed any since I left.
Does anybody in this thread play starcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom