• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Samus

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
Does Jab 1 clank with a lot of moves?
If so, Samus should be using that against faster characters as its her fastest move and with Jab cancel, you could really get some serious mileage.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Her jab 1 actually does clank against a lot of other attacks. Its saved me a few times.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Does Jab 1 clank with a lot of moves?
If so, Samus should be using that against faster characters as its her fastest move and with Jab cancel, you could really get some serious mileage.
Jab cancelling isnt in the game.

Xyro77

Xyro77 is my ID

I can play around 6:30 pm and after

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
If anyone want to add me my ID is Dalaeck. I should probably add that in my sig or something...

genesis_SOC

Smash Cadet
NNID
genesis_SOC

Certainly looking forward to her in this game.

My biggest problem with Samus in Smash 4 is how her down tilt and down smash are so much worse than in Brawl. Her up smash and fair are way better to be sure, as well as her up b, but it's been hard adjusting to not down smashing.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They both have radically different uses rather than just flat out being inferior.

Down Tilt is quicker and is good for launching/following up with quick aerials. No longer a viable kill move (outside of stuff like Multi-Man Smash)

Down Smash hits opponents horizontally now, but doesn't kill nearly as well. On the upside, the back-hit of it is good for punishing rolls.

Xyro77

Brawl dsmash punished rolls AND killed. It's flat out WORSE in smash 4.

Brawl dtilt had "kill power." In smash 4 it MIGHT combo at low percents but never kill. It is WORSE than in Brawl.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman

Certainly looking forward to her in this game.

My biggest problem with Samus in Smash 4 is how her down tilt and down smash are so much worse than in Brawl. Her up smash and fair are way better to be sure, as well as her up b, but it's been hard adjusting to not down smashing.
Her up smash in sm4sh is god awful. They gave it kill power, but then turned around and gave it the worst hitbox ever. So stupid.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I hardly think comparing a move from Smash
to one from a traditional fighting game
with no differing knockbacks or character weight is appropriate...
(Also what is that game? Background looks like Halo).

And Usmash was hardly reliable in any game, even
Brawl (heck, especially Brawl with strong Smash DI).

Really, I think this game's Usmash is the best it's ever
been. Trying to abuse it's range is dumb since
it only decreases the chances of it linking properly.
You pretty much always wanted the opponent directly
above you for it to work well.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Up-Smash is a completely situational move, but it definitely does in fact have its uses in this game. I like to play heavyweights and one thing I'm finding with smash 4 is the ungodly multiplier on counter moves. F-smash as gannon/dk into a counter and kiss your ass goodbye.
If people start countering into the ground as they land, to avoid being charge shot or just trying to be an ass when they realize that's when I hurt them, the up-smash is the move you want to reach for at high percents. Most counter moves will not hit you, whereas an up-air will get you hit.
Because each of those tiny attacks has almost no knockback the risks are minimal. There is also a weird priority now that most air-based attacks can't hit through a grounded up-smash. You need a specific air-to-ground move like say the yoshi bomb to have a good chance. Because Samus' air-to-ground is quite terrible in priority in fact up-smash has use in Samus dittos.

The d-smash got nerfed for sure, BUT there is a new mechanic in this game that must be respected. The ledge re-grab. D-Smash is your ledge re-grab move, it kills at low percents much of the cast.
Essentially when you return to stage and "trump" them, land, d-smash. The Brawl tendancy I had was to constantly go for spikes, jumping off again and again, I feel this is not this game. In this game you trump, b-air, land, d-smash = death. It's painfully easy compared to hunting with d-air.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Xyro 12
Ismar 8

I need to use that UP+B in the air more. I got hit with it so many times. Still in Brawl mode i guess :(

Xyro77

Most of those wins can be attributed to stage cheese. I was surprised that I got kills with D-tilt, U-air, and the 2nd hit of jab combo.
With rage+me not DI-ing perfectly and me above 150...almost anything can kill

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
ggs @ RoachCake RoachCake , how unlikely to find each other!

I knew you couldnt be trusted that final match though...

Last edited:

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
I'm getting a LAN Adapter with in the week so I'll be willing to ditto you guys and learn about Samus a lot soon.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Anyone wanna play? Add me.....Xyro77
Mind if I add you? Samus has been my main in all Smash games, and I'm wanting to pick up some more advanced techniques from veterans so that I can fully master her. I could do with some good Samus training. :)

I'm Varia31 on Wii U, if anyone else wants to add me.

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
ggs @ RoachCake RoachCake , how unlikely to find each other!

I knew you couldnt be trusted that final match though...
Those were some really fun and close games, GG. I just had to end it with that game though. xD
I think I need some more work on Samus dittos.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Friday nights late (i.e. sat morning EST) is my game night with my sparring partner.
Xyro, Rohins, when are your typical availabilities? Would love to get beat up by pros.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Bit on the late side, but congrats to @ shinhed-echi shinhed-echi on modship for the board.
Thanks! Nice to see a familiar face as a mod too. Really nice avvy btw, I'm a real sucker for the Justin Bailey design. But that must be cause I love that 50's-80's sci-fi outfit.

Anyway, I'd love to play me some Samus dittos someday. I just hope I find those who still play the 3DS version. :laugh:

Top Bottom