• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Discussion

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, I hit it in a teams where I didn't have time to run over to him to attempt a more traditional edgeguard, then something clicked in my brain and there it was. It was pretty epic too since the camera kind of followed it in it's epic journey traversing the underside of Dreamland.
If you had a vid, I'd marry it.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
No video - sorry! I'll keep a mental note to record every teams match from now on and try to hit it if I can.

B Link

Smash Lord
SOOO anyways, getting back on stage when playing Kabal's samus takes forever...*plop**plop* at one point I got to 200% and then still got edgeguarded -_-

Are there any characters good at taking advantage of this method of edgeguarding?

DJRome

Smash Hero
hey, so which characters can u reliably tech chase on platforms with upb on dream land?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
hey, so which characters can u reliably tech chase on platforms with upb on dream land?
First of all, why the **** are you attempting to tech chase with samus' up b? That move is slow and will only work on n00bs who don't know how to DI.

if they're on top of a platform and you're under them, and you up b, they can DI down -> tech and then come down while you're in freefall and beat the *** out of you.

stay with the dair tech chasing

DJRome

Smash Hero
well i meant more that you knock some chars too far off with up b so you can't dair chase them (or bair whatever).

i saw some discussion abotu the samus dk matchup earlier in the thread. what is the consensus on that?

Blackstreet Boy

Smash Rookie
You can uair->dair and start a tech chase if you're lucky.

If you're playing against Yoshi, spam bombs on ground when ledge guarding. If he falls onto them, he'll fall off the stage and his lack of recovery will do the rest of the job.

Jabs also have the same effect but are risky. If he's reaching for the edge, you can try to drop a bomb and punish him.
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p2zzNfGBzA

I don't recommend that with players with a good recovery. A dair or a bair ledge guarding is much more effective.

You can do that with Ness until he's stunned enough to go for a 90º PK thunder recovery. Most of the time, he'll pass the egde and you can dair him. Be careful since he's going to try to fast fall -> grab edge.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
What was that in response to? Responding nonetheless.

You can uair->dair and start a tech chase if you're lucky.
While I think this can actually work, it's not in the way you think it does (taking the remainder of the post into consideration).

If you're playing against Yoshi, spam bombs on ground when ledge guarding. If he falls onto them, he'll fall off the stage and his lack of recovery will do the rest of the job.

Jabs also have the same effect but are risky. If he's reaching for the edge, you can try to drop a bomb and punish him.
Incorrect. This does not work against Yoshis who know how to recover or Yoshis below 150%.

I don't recommend that with players with a good recovery. A dair or a bair ledge guarding is much more effective.
Oh, so you did know that. Another viable edgeguard is to threaten them with a charge shot, then edgehog. Or you could grab/bait them into an attack with F-Air.

You can do that with Ness until he's stunned enough to go for a 90º PK thunder recovery. Most of the time, he'll pass the egde and you can dair him. Be careful since he's going to try to fast fall -> grab edge.
While you aren't really wrong, there are a lot of things you aren't considering. What if Ness decides not to fastfall and land on the stage? What if he sweetspots the ledge? What if he has keyboard DI and your D-Air sends him flying onto the stage itself?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I personally never do it, although maybe I should look into it. I was just pointing out that it can work.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I'm just now realizing how much damage U-Smash does.

40%??????

This is why Samus combos are possible.

I'm making some Samus combos withOUT Up Smash!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Misuse of the TANK face IMO

Speaking of which why is :koro: not a smashboards emoticon yet (from that Apex pic). I mean there's **** like :dazwa: who the **** is this guy

Sangoku

Smash Master
Misuse of the TANK face IMO

Speaking of which why is :koro: not a smashboards emoticon yet (from that Apex pic). I mean there's **** like :dazwa: who the **** is this guy
Yeah I know, but I was too impatient to use it lol.

Samus can combo. There's nothing to refute that.

Don't lie to us

You are ignoring the meaning of Combo, or simply you are Stupid.
Looks like you're the stupid one...

Top Bottom