• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Discussion

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
it all depends on the situation. for example:

1.) ur opponent is close to the ledge and ur damage is <100%: get-up attack, ledgeroll and run away lol, or ledgehop f-air
2.) same situation as #1, but this time ur opponent is a ways away from the ledge: get up and go from there or ledgehop and either lay a bomb over their head or d-air when they try to dash attack lol
3.) ur opponent is close to the ledge and ur damage is >100%: i try to mix it up in this situtation. sometimes i get up normally and other times i ledgeroll. I also ledgehop f-air as well.
4.) same situation as #3, but this time ur opponent is a ways away: pretty much the same tactics as #3.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Maybe Felipe meant charge shot to turn yourself around -> jump -> bair, I actually kind of want to try that now lol. I don't think it'll be much better than ledgehop fair though.
I feel like this would work great as a mindgame the first time you use it, but once your opponent sees it once and then sees you letting go and firing a charge shot, he'll see it coming from a mile away.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
This is a standard trick in the US lol

Poor Australia.
It's standard over here as well but for some reason as Samus pretty much everyone keeps trying to aerial me after ledge hop upB. The only exception is a guy named Judas.

dandan

Smash Lord
you can just cover both options with a sh aerial, but yeah, for some reason most people do not do that.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
it works really well on dreamland lol

since alot of people seem to think they are fighting falcon and shield on a platform

free hits

sharksquail

Smash Ace
It's my favorite shield breaking move. When you get it, people are like WTF you're a weirdo. Stop doing that.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
yeah, i definitely don't use upsmash all that often in my game. once i get better at teleport-upsmashing with samus, i will be using it alot more. it's a great alternative to just straigh out taunting haha

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
spacing is very important against dougs as they can combo samus pretty easily. also, avoid being on eye-level with doug as grabs are a good way to begin an up-air chain combo. gimping works very well against dougs too. but dougs are definitely a bad matchup for samus :(

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
lol ive been just waiting for when i think a captain falcon is gonna grab me

then i grab him

throw him off the edge

bair

done

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
what's the point of asking for samus advice when you barely use the character lol

just play with her more and get experience

then you can ask for advice that will actually help you

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
what do you guys think about implementing samus jab cancel into ur game

i talked to superBOOMfan about it and then he did it to me in game a few days later (at 3 frames idk how he does it well at speed)

and let me tell u

it is pretty decent shield pressure

rpotts

Smash Lord
what do you guys think about implementing samus jab cancel into ur game

i talked to superBOOMfan about it and then he did it to me in game a few days later (at 3 frames idk how he does it well at speed)

and let me tell u

it is pretty decent shield pressure
by jab cancel do you mean jab->crouch->jab repeat so you don't use the second jab?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
following a grounded dair, which gives more knockback/should be used to finish a kill?

fsmash or bair?

obv bair if the opponent goes to high to fsmash them, but if both are available, which is better?

dandan

Smash Lord
i think up angled fsmash has more knockback overall, need to check to make sure though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I tried it in training mode and they seem to be pretty close in knockback. FSmash does more damage though.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
how do i trick people to stand on the dreamland platforms so i can break their shield

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Sorry, but, I've read several times posts mentioning "bait or baiting" but I don't have a clear concept/meaning for that, what do you mean by that?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Baiting is basically making them come to you by offering an opportunity for them to punish you or forcing them to come via projectiles. This is followed by your own punishment. You'll see people standing still while someone fastfall D-Airs them, then pivot and punish, which is a simple form of baiting.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i dont do any of this stuff ill learn how to do it jus t by pressing buttons ull all see

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Best edge guard evar: shoot a charged ball underneath the dreamland stage to someone who is recovering low on the otherside. I did it to Rom a while ago. It was sex.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah, I hit it in a teams where I didn't have time to run over to him to attempt a more traditional edgeguard, then something clicked in my brain and there it was. It was pretty epic too since the camera kind of followed it in it's epic journey traversing the underside of Dreamland.

^^1der invented that ages ago, he did it to me at an irl meet a week ago, it was better sex
You're a joke of a person.

Top Bottom