• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAM 1 (San Antonio Monthly for Sm4sh WiiU) January 3rd, 2015

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm bringing my car to this.
And it'll be the first video I've made outside of Houston! I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of the new SA people and talking and recording footage of things.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm hoping to show-up to this. But I doubt I will enter, just watch and do friendlies if there is time before/after the tourney, as, despite actually having the money on me to enter, 15 bucks is it a bit much just to get my ass bopped.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I would complain about being stingy about the $15 as well, but being hosted by Nike, I honor the spiritual successor to the Nikefest Tourney series. I also would john about work Sunday morning, but it's not like I'd get out of pools, so I'll get as much friendlies in after I drown then dip around dinner time.

Leaf around the state. The Texan navigator.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Reminder to everyone, the venue fee is waived if you bring a full setup!!!!!!!

Also, ruleset will be the same as TGC with the exception of stagelist which will be as follows:

Neutral/Starter :
Battlefield
Final Destination (any version)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No walkoffs? Thank goodness.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I got Saturday off, so I'll be going to this. I'll start going at the weeklies as well.

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
I'm always knocked out at Houston locals so maybe I need a little softer challenge so I'll try to show up to this :^)
in all seriousness it'll be exciting to have my first tournament outside Houston. Not sure if I can make it but I'll bring a setup if I do.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Been looking around on FB and Houston thread. This event will have 70 players at minimum.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Damn. I was about to ask the odds that singles finishes before 10, but the odds don't look favorable.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will there be extra TVs there? I will bring a recording setup.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'll be bringing like 3 myself. The venue might have 1 tv, but that's it.

Last reminder to everyone attending this to please bring setups! Venue fees will be waived if you bring a full one (tv/wiiu/game/adapter) and we're gonna need as many as possible!

The doors open at noon sadly, so registration will be from 12:00-1:00. Pools will be starting shortly after registration is closed.

Damn. I was about to ask the odds that singles finishes before 10, but the odds don't look favorable.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I'm supplying a TV and Adapter to Slush's WiiU til I leave. But you should be done through pools and few rounds of bracket by then to need it outside of friendlies.

Xyro77

Imagine knowing MONTHS in advance than wiiU version requires GCN control adapter and STILL not reserving one.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
****, this looks real exciting but some stuff came up and I can't go. Hope you all have fun and Houston reks everyone.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Wait.... Pools is right after registration? Will doubles also start at 1? I have to leave by 6 so I'm only doing doubles. It's ok if doubles is pushed back in order to fit singles in. I just want to know in case I can save myself a trip and let Paw know so he can find a teammate.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
!!!
I'm gonna be visiting my cousins at San Antonio this weekend and i'm gonna probably go to the tourney with one of my cousins who plays!!!!

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
!!!
I'm gonna be visiting my cousins at San Antonio this weekend and i'm gonna probably go to the tourney with one of my cousins who plays!!!!
See you there.

Oh, I'm bringing my GameCube adapter too in case someone needs it.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Challonge bracket anywhere?

I wanna follow my boys!

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sadly there was neither a challenge bracket nor a live stream because there was no internet at the venue. RT tried to record a few singles sets, not sure if the players saved replays.

I'll have a results thread up soon.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Migrainesssssssssssssssssss
Quite literally popped up once I walked into the venue, which is why I'm surprised I did so well even with that bothering me all day.

Top Bottom