• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAM 1 (San Antonio Monthly for Sm4sh WiiU) January 3rd, 2015

Nike.

Smash Hero
SAM 1
San Antonio Monthly for Sm4sh WiiU

(graphic pending)

January 3rd, 2015. Doors open at noon. Please try and be there at noon because Doubles will start at promptly 1:00pm and there will be no sign ups then.

Ooples
7460 Callaghan Rd #410
San Antonio, TX 78229
(210) 370-3203

My number is 210 324 4295. Call/txt for any questions or concerns.

12:00pm | Doors Open and sign ups begin
1:00pm | Smash WiiU Doubles
3:00pm | Smash WiiU Singles Pools
6:00pm | Smash WiiU Singles

11:30pm | Clean-Up
12:00am | Doors Close

Unless this event pushes 90+ entrants, there will be 8 pools with top3 advancing to bracket. In bracket, 1 seeds will have a bye and play the winner of 2 vs 3 seeds. I will bring together 1-2 people from each city/region for help on seeding for both pools and bracket. Pool leaders will be assigned.

If there is enough interest then we can have a redemption/amateur bracket for all remaining entrants.

Entry Fees:
Venue Fee: $5 (waived if you bring a full setup meaning tv, WiiU, disc with all characters and stages unlocked)
Smash WiiU Singles: $10
Smash WiiU Doubles: $10 ($20 per team)

Payouts:
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% (x2)

Ruleset will not be out until December.

$5 Venue fee will be waived to anyone who brings a full setup (TV, WiiU, and disc with all characters and stages unlocked).

In the next few months I will be purchasing a large amount of tv's so that we will always have setups, but that will take a little more time. Everybody please bring setups if possible!!! The more setups we have, the quicker the tourney will run and we can have more time for friendlies.

My number is 210 324 4295. Call/txt any questions or concerns.

For any local players in San Antonio, we're having weekly's every thursday night at Valdens house with a singles bracket happening. For more info check here: http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/#post-17713877

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pants have expanded.....

Houston will go to this......

Bye bye.......

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fascinating...

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
razer sees all scrubs as equals now since snake isnt in the game

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Y'all seem stronger than Dallas atm or have more potential. Should be good matches hence hype unless you think we will destroy everyone.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Neutral/Starter :

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:

Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt
Wuhu island (ehhh)

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd rather Siege and Lylat be swapped, and Wuhu taken out for Skyloft. :applejack:

Also, doubles might be able to be more lenient with some stages that would probably be banned in singles.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't like the Duck Hunt stage. Too big and the dog is pretty disruptive when it lifts people.

And Wuhu Island can go either ways.

Otherwise, it seems okay.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'm fine with Duck Hunt stage. The dog only has 2 spawn points and has a set pattern of when it comes up. It's a good CP. PS2 shouldn't be legal though. All the transformations minus the ground one messes stuff up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
More like 4 seconds.
Nothing wrong with PS2.
Duck Hunt is not big. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm fine with Duck Hunt stage. The dog only has 2 spawn points and has a set pattern of when it comes up. It's a good CP. PS2 shouldn't be legal though. All the transformations minus the ground one messes stuff up.
I find the dog far worse of an obstacle than anything PS2 ever throws at you. At least you can react accordingly on PS2.

I've had many matches in friendlies where I am doing a combo and then SURPRISE, the dog lifts my opponent or me away and messes everything up. Yeah, you can predict where it will be, but the fact you have to potentially stop what you are doing just to address a temp platform for 2-3 seconds at 3(?) possible locations is kind of disruptive, especially one you cannot fall through (I think?). It would be the same as playing on FD while you are doing a combo and then SURPRISE a platform lifts you up and away and kills all your momentum.

And I stand by my too big statement, or maybe it has something to do with the camera. Some projectiles become hard to see because of it.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I find the dog far worse of an obstacle than anything PS2 ever throws at you. At least you can react accordingly on PS2.

I've had many matches in friendlies where I am doing a combo and then SURPRISE, the dog lifts my opponent or me away and messes everything up. Yeah, you can predict where it will be, but the fact you have to potentially stop what you are doing just to address a temp platform for 2-3 seconds at 3(?) possible locations is kind of disruptive, especially one you cannot fall through (I think?). It would be the same as playing on FD while you are doing a combo and then SURPRISE a platform lifts you up and away and kills all your momentum.

And I stand by my too big statement, or maybe it has something to do with the camera. Some projectiles become hard to see because of it.
The dog isn't much of a surprise. It shows up right after you kill or miss the ducks. Pretty sure its smaller than FD on and off stage.

Pipes is a fine stage, but I won't get into that too much here.

Have you guys settled on a ruleset? Some of us are interested in going to this.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nike will most likely call some of us to his place before New Years starts or before, Prolly not right now since Christmas is just around the corner.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
K Prime knows things.
K Prime brought us Megafox.
K Prime has a hoard of children that have been learning Smash and is going to release it all on us.
And they're all prodigies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'll most likely pay out top8 unless this flops with attendence.

How does everyone feel about the counterpicks for this?

Neutral/Starter :
Battlefield
Final Destination (any version)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cryuse

Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
FKLSJkldajsdklasjdjsl :applejack:

Smash 4 Mario Circuit could work too, but otherwise it's an excellent list.

I know this is the first tournament of many so I'll be okay with it, but later on we should probably discuss Omega being separated based on formation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom