• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai, you DISAPPOINT ME

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I like Wind Waker Link but I could have EASILY given that clone up for a GOOD, unique character. We don't need more clones.

Why Wolf instead of someone who DOESN'T use guns for a change, like Krystal?
Why the *** ROB, someone NO ONE wanted, instead of something that GOD NEAR EVERYONE WANTED: GENO?????
I thought you said you wanted to make this game to please the fans as much as possible as if it were your last.

You don't put in Animal Crosser, because you think he can't fight or fit in well.
Yet you put in Peach (who has never fought in a game), and ROB??!?!?!?!?!!!!!! WTF

You didn't even ask Capcom for Megaman. You didn't even ASK, despite how much you KNEW fans wanted him.

Not even GENO.

You delayed the game far too long and far too much to give me some ****-tastic intro opening, and a disappointing roster. Honestly. RO-fcking-B?!!?!!?

Consider this thread DISAPPOINTED

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
i completely agree, Krystal should have been put in over Wolf, I mean how close are Wolf, Fox, and Falco gonna be to each other. Also like u said, he didn't put in an Animal Crosser for lack of fighting potential, but ROB made it in and if you were gonna put in something like ROB that they have thrown into other games (Mario Kart DS), then use Miis (Mario and Sonic at the Olympics), it makes the game more expandable. And WW Link, come on, I mean didn't get rid of young link, pichu, and dr mario, clones, but also just variations of other characters, how is WW Link gonna fit into the SSE, honestly??? Oh and one final note, Sakurai said he wasn't gonna get rid of non clone characters, and he didn't, except for MEWTWO, how could you Sakurai!!!

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
i completely agree, Krystal should have been put in over Wolf, I mean how close are Wolf, Fox, and Falco gonna be to each other. Also like u said, he didn't put in an Animal Crosser for lack of fighting potential, but ROB made it in and if you were gonna put in something like ROB that they have thrown into other games (Mario Kart DS), then use Miis (Mario and Sonic at the Olympics), it makes the game more expandable. And WW Link, come on, I mean didn't you get rid of young link, pichu, and dr mario, clones, but also just variations of other characters, how is WW Link gonna fit into the SSE, honestly??? Oh and one final note, Sakurai said he wasn't gonna get rid of non clone characters, and he didn't, except for MEWTWO, how could you Sakurai!!!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Toon Link doesn't seem like a full clone to me consider how different his body, I don't see him using the exact same attack pattern unless it's extremely short range.

To be honset I've seen no pictures of Wolf to confirm anything so that's iffy.

Geno could easily have been a complication between Nintendo and Squareenix

Peach fought in Super Mario RPG

Royalities for 3rd party character usually aren't cheap maybe they didn't want to do more then two.

I look at the ROB perspective, I can't give a solid issue for that, I simply assume it's a Rogue ROB that has some ties into the SSE.

I don't see anything wrong with the opening really, it's simple but it works.

Just seems to be an awful lot of whinning then anything... I don't fully agree with their choices either but this has been thrown around so much in the last few days.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Yes. All of this complaining is the true disappointment.

If you truly do not like it, don't buy it. I don't want to have even the remote chance of accidentally playing jerks like you online.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is truly an oddball. The guy can come up with some amazing stuff but he makes the crappiest rosters that are even conceivable and apparently lacks the creativity to give the Animal Crossing guy a moveset. The guy said he was treating this Smash Bros. as if it is the last; that said, he packed this game full of crap and yet completely balls'd it up in some ways. If you're creating this game as if it's the last, I don't think I can excuse the roster.

That being said, I must admit that I hope if there is another Smash Bros. game (Lord willing) that Sakurai is NOT in charge. He's really created an enormous platform for a future director to work with, but I think the next guy/gal should use a little more common sense.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, I agree and feel let down by Sakurai. I feel like he wad being selfish and didn't even care who we wanted. All this speculation and excitement over nothing its ridiculous.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The only thing I can agree with you about is Krystal, would have been unique, otherwise:

Kid is mad because no Geno (thank god)

Haha, cry moar.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see, the cool thing is to be discouraging to people and to tell them to 'stop crying.' Yeah, you show'em guys, you certainly are the cool kids of the Smash Bros. Brawl Internet boards.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
what a bunch of crybabys........ the man giv u one of the best game of our generetion and u are dissapointed.... u fail big time...

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
REMEMBER MELEE ROSTER *******S!!!! Man, I can write this on every whiny noobish thread on these boards and people just don't listen.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Ok, to all you telling us to stop whining you need to stfu. All of us on these boards are more than just a little into this franchise. This game was supposed to be made for the fans (us) and it didn't even take us into account with the roster. Everyone here was so excited about this game and now we see that the heart of it (the characters) were choosen poorly, we have all the right to complain

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
It's funny because i agree.. Expect with that Peach comment. She's awesome!

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
If the roster didn't have the original 12, I'd be complaining too.

I admit, so far the list is looking a bit...iffy...but if you love Smash that much, you'll get over it in time. (That's what happened with me and Lucas. I'm starting to like Lucas more than Ness, just because of Brawl.)

Oh, and about the game being made for the fans...there's a lot of fans. A LOT. Can't please 'em all. (Especially not the ones here.)

BlackPhoenix

Smash Rookie
If Sakurai took all the fans into consideration we would just have super smash brothers mugen. He did what he thinks is right. If he didn't care about the fans he would of just let someone else make the game or just of not even made it at all. Play the game then whine.

reu_1303

Smash Apprentice
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to fin
oh come on I can't believe everyone that is complaining, because you are STILL going to buy the game and after it's out for a bit, YOU are going to be one of the people that goes around saying OMG im so good at brawl Im the best ever! No one can beat my ______ WHY? because in the end you will DEAL WITH IT! so save us all the agony of this and other threads like this.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
Ok, to all you telling us to stop whining you need to stfu. All of us on these boards are more than just a little into this franchise. This game was supposed to be made for the fans (us) and it didn't even take us into account with the roster. Everyone here was so excited about this game and now we see that the heart of it (the characters) were choosen poorly, we have all the right to complain
well u and all the fans can simply not buy the game... but u know what u are going to buy it even if the roster is of 5 characters and are all mario with difernet colors... LOL... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
If the roster didn't have the original 12, I'd be complaining too.

I admit, so far the list is looking a bit...iffy...but if you love Smash that much, you'll get over it in time. (That's what happened with me and Lucas. I'm starting to like Lucas more than Ness, just because of Brawl.)

Oh, and about the game being made for the fans...there's a lot of fans. A LOT. Can't please 'em all. (Especially not the ones here.)
He made a poll.
He completely ignored characters like Geno and Krystal that got high votes.
And put in ROB.

Seriously Sakurai, WTF?

I CAN whine as much as I want. I deserve to. He completely IGNORED high-requested characters, and gave us clones and ROB. That is NOT FAIR, and I can't stand that I might have to wait 7 more years to see Geno beat the poo out of Mario, assuming they even MAKE another Smash.

oh come on I can't believe everyone that is complaining, because you are STILL going to buy the game and after it's out for a bit, YOU are going to be one of the people that goes around saying OMG im so good at brawl Im the best ever!
It IS the best game ever. I never said the game sucked.
I just said I'm disappointed in Sakurai's half-***** character choosing skills. Seriously, wtf is wrong with him?

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
You Disappoint Sakurai,

You talk about what the fans want but you don't realize that you don't always get what want.
If you continue to think everything you want is going to happen you will fail in life.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Dogenzaka, You disappoint me. Go make an unbelievably awsome fighting game with great characters, online, stage builder, and other modes, and come see me then to make a good argument.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I actually agree with you partly. I mean he says he tries to satisfy the fans but about 80% of the fans wanted either Ridley, Krystal, or Geno. Yet all this is assuming that 35 character roster is true.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Dogenzaka, You disappoint me. Go make an unbelievably awsome fighting game with great characters, online, stage builder, and other modes, and come see me then to make a good argument.
He got everything right. He nailed the formula. That's not the point. It's an awesome game.

But WHY THE HELL did he choose the characters he did, like ROB???? EXPLAIN

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Fun Fact: In Melee people expected characters like Wolf, Wario and Metaknight.

what did we get?

Pichu, Dr.Mario and Roy.

people sure as hell didn't like that, but as time passed on, people got acustomed to it and now nobody complains about it anymore.

More fun facts: We got

-King Dedede
-Wario
-Metaknight
-Diddy Kong
-Lucas
-Sonic
-Pit
-Lucario
-Ike
-Wind Waker Link
-and possibly wolf?

all of the above characters were popular and people wanted them in Brawl.
Sakurai gave us 11 MOST WANTED CHARACTERS out of a bunch.

but he still wanted to please fans.
thats where AT's and Bosses come in.
They may not be playable but your going to see them attack.

so stop complaining.
or just saying gibberish your going to forget about after a month of playing it.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
All you people want is MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE! LEAVE SAKURAI ALONE [/end chris crocker moment]

Seriously, you guys complain way to much. Just be happy that there is a SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL. Why complain? You guys haven't even freaking PLAYED the game yet, for all you guys know, Brawl may be the best thing since sliced bread! It's WAAAAAAAYYY to early to say "roster sucks, game sucks, sakurai=failure"
Just give the game a chance, really.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
My name is Sakurai.
I'm going to release a poll.
Have you fill it out.
Disregard half of it.
Give you ROB.

I know you want Megaman, hell I know Capcom wants Megaman in, but I don't feel like asking them.

We've been working on this game for more than 2 years, but I'm not going to bother changing the clones. I'm just going to make them look pretty with Wii graphics.

Did I mention a 3 month delay?

Yours truly, Sakurai.

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
I love seeing the 3 kinds of people in here.
1. The disappointed fanboys and girls
Aww, looks like your favorite character isn't in. Its a shame, I know. (I means theres ****** ROB!) But theres nothing you can do about it, except be grateful that you have an awesome game. It doesn't have that character, but oh well.

2. The 10 and younger olds
The ha-I-told-you-sos. YAY YOU WERE RIGHT! THE ROSTER ISN"T AS GOOD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN! WOOOO!!!!!!! Pathetic. And I hate anyone who thinks ROB was a good choice. Thats right, that 1%. Whats wrong with you? C'mon, I'd rather have shadow for crying out loud.

3. The True Fans
These are the grateful people. Here are the ones who admit "Yeah, the roster could have been better, but the game looks ****** awesome and I still can't wait to play it." Here are the true fans, who love the game. They are the only one who have a right to complain, just because deep down they are still grateful.

Hope this clears it up for you.

I, however, still can't wait to get the game, even though there are some things that disappoint me. For example, absence of Mewtwo and Ridley, looks like Falco will be a clone of Fox, and same with Ness and Lucas (same finals smashes, c'mon, Falco could of had the Arwing at least), not to mention **@(*&%& #*^ ROB. But, Sakurai, I thank you ever so much for this game and am so glad you took all this effort to make it.

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
This stupid urban legend about the poll needs to die. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE POLL RESULTS WERE. The list of numbers passed around sometimes is just the total number of times certain characters were mentioned by name in the e-mails that were published on the old site. And when said characters were mentioned, it wasn't always asking for their inclusion.

spfire31

Smash Rookie
The Truth of the matter is i don't even know why everyone is getting upset.

I don't even remember reading anything that said it was a 35 character roster. if there is something then i apologize. But for all we know, there could be another character page like with the stages.

The only real thing we can do is wait it out i suppose and see what happens tomorrow or the 31st

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
I like how all these people keep going TOON LINK IS A CLONE NESS IS A CLONE FALCO CLONE CLONE GANONDORF CLONE CLONE

when we've seen ****ing nothing from those characters yet

I GIVE THIS GAME AN 8/10 EVEN THOUGH I NEVER PLAYED IT

AND THE FACT THAT ROSTER BUTTHURT SHOULDN'T HAVE A PLACE IN EVALUATING A GAME

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Then do me a favor and don't buy the game. I wouldn't get any satisfaction from someone who whines so much. You obviously love Melee and 64, and while this is a new game, you get almost all of the old characters back and get a couple of new ones. This series was not about how many characters are in it, it's about it's great battle system, and for Brawl only, the storyline in it. Stop complaining, seriously.

Oh, and once more for good measure(Everyone else is saying it), You disappointed me.

P.S. I fully realize I jumped around in my post. If someone doesn't understand what I am getting it, I don't blame you. It's late.

Top Bottom