• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai, you DISAPPOINT ME

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
OK, LISTEN UP,

You guys have to be grateful. remember smash brothers was originally supposed to be a NINTENDO ALL-STAR cast, which doesn't mean every fricken nintendo character/2nd party character. So Sakurai HAS to be selective in order to keep the nintendo feel and its already gone overboard with Sonic by introducing 3rd party characters.
I must say, Sakurai has done a good job.
All of you want to customise your own smash brothers. i tell you, if Smash bros was made based on public opinion, it would INSTANTLY LOSE its nintendo feel of the game. I DONT CARE if characters were once on Nintendo.
For goodness sakes, keep it together! I'd rather have Nintendo characters who are well known in an ALL-STAR cast instead of a character who looks cool . Smash bros in a way, COMPLIMENTS Nintendo's efforts and creativity in the past.

You also have to think about other people, Nintendo purists or some other people may not know your 3rd party or your less-significant characters. Yes, there may be clones, but i'd rather that than introducing some random/insignificant character (e.g. Krystal whos been in very little games) whose only admiration she gets are her different move sets. Yes their moveset may be different but there's no nostalgic, or any meaningful attachment to characters.

STOP CRYING, GET OVER IT! if you dont like the character list, you will never appreciate Nintendo's efforts and its trademark entertainment to bring both nostalgia and progression in an all-star cast.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My name is Sakurai.
I'm going to release a poll.
Have you fill it out.
Disregard half of it.
Give you ROB.

I know you want Megaman, hell I know Capcom wants Megaman in, but I don't feel like asking them.

We've been working on this game for more than 2 years, but I'm not going to bother changing the clones. I'm just going to make them look pretty with Wii graphics.

Did I mention a 3 month delay?

Yours truly, Sakurai.
The poll was merely an analyzing possibilities, it never appear to be a plan or a contest to get a character in Brawl.

Second, you seem to have an unrealistic view on how the business world works. Though the creator of Megaman was quoted for his view on Brawl, Capcom was not. Third-party crossover costs and royalities are rather expensive contracts to uptake especially when they are made on a single character basis. It's possbile such neogations weren't possible or they simplely were never planning on another 3rd party character in the first place.

As far as the clones, the FS are the only things I've seen, what about their standard and special attacks are they exactly the same, because I've sure seen nothing that suggests that. And even if it's true it's there still a pretty decent set of character including a few with very different methods of techinque still.

I'm aware this comes down to upsetting that a favorite character didn't make the cut but that's just kind of how it is sometimes, believe it or not the clones that are back are the ones from Melee everyone seemed to care was there.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Premature complaints. Wait till you guys actually get the game, then complain.

Actually, if you're going to complain, don't play. You're supposed to enjoy it no matter who's in or who's out.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I've said this before but...

Why the ****ing hell are people so sure about roster characters being in or not if the game hasn't come out yet?(Like Geno and Wolf) Did the roster get leaked or something while this site was getting the ram upgrade!? Or is it just a mob of impatient speculators?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I think the only thing that disappoints me thus far, despite the character choice, is the fact that Falco seems very similar to Fox (he even has the same FS) and that Lucario seems very similar to Mewtwo. Oh, and that Ness is basically the same as he was in Melee, which means that he and Lucas are probably very similar as well. What happened to "no clones"??

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I myself was a big supporter of Wind Waker Link over Midna for two reasons. One was that I enjoyed Wind Waker more than Twilight Princess, and also felt he was more important to the Zelda series than Midna due to starrring in one more game than her. I also saw the amazing amount of moveset potential he had that could set him apart from Young Link. The Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, Tingle Tuner, and Grappling Hook were all equipment that Wind Waker Link could use that would make him unique. The news that he is nothing more than Young Link with a different style angers me. I also heard that Ganondorf may also still be a Captain Falcon clone. This also increases the chances that Falco is a Fox clone and that Ness is a Lucas clone. Sakurai should not have cut Mewtwo and Roy had he decided to bring back clones. Hell, I think he should have gone as far to bring both Doc and Pichu back. Really, there was no point in cutting characters.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach is one of the most popular characters in the Nintendo franchise. She's in all of the Mario spinoffs.

Peach "fought" as much as all of the other playable characters in Super Mario Bros. 2 (which was a clone of Doki Doki Panic with a new skin). She was also playable (and fought) in Super Mario RPG. I have yet to play Paper Mario but I hear she does battle in those games as well.

In fact, Peach has done a lot more fighting than, say, Diddy Kong. I mean, all Diddy ever does it ride on animals and jump on stuff. Peach has actually attacked stuff with weapons (like turnips or her Royal Slap (SMRPG)).

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I really do hope he has one final surprise for the english version, but as of now, consider me disappointed.

Top Bottom