• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

s2j vs axe... KoC

past_b

Smash Apprentice
just thought it was funny that s2j was talking **** about axe and how axe was terrible at the game and that he was free..then he proceeded to get 2-stocked and jv 3-stocked by axe at KoC.

get owned s2j. get owned.

Discuss.

EDIT: didn't mean to make it a guide. Also, good job a third axe!
:phone:

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
This was one of the best moments of that fantastic tourney.

Like, I respect S2J and Axe both but S2J kinda ate his own poo on that one. Axe took it to him.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Can I have a link to what exactly s2j was posting? I never saw anything

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
me and zhu never end up facing each other despite being at multiple tourneys recently

same for axe, sfat and I really really think I have the edge vs those 2 chumps. All these guys do when I go the same tourney is get rocked before I play them

vs zhu though I'd have to be playing really really good idk if he'd be tougher than Wes on a good day but i'm like 0-5 vs zhu and he's the falcon slayer

=

think im teaming with scar at this tourney gunna be amazing
you mean this post?

past_b

Smash Apprentice

I read it somewhere on this site but I don't remember where. Does anyone else know where it is?

Edit: just saw the above post. Haha I've never seen that post before. I've seen s2j **** talk axe on a separate occasion. I'll try to find it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think making this a guide actually hit the nail on the head.

I'm going to go watch that match again, just because of how delicious it is. Get wrecked, S2J.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
I think making this a guide actually hit the nail on the head.

I'm going to go watch that match again, just because of how delicious it is. Get wrecked, S2J.
Very delicious.
I'll try to find the post by s2j that I was thinking about when I'm not on my phone and on a comp.

Keep discussing.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Does pika officially beat falcon now?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol yeah johnny got spanked after doubting Axe, I wouldn't have it any other way... but, his falcon will be back soon full force I'm sure, ****** faces.

D

Deleted member

big reason i've **** talked axe is to get people to force me vs him in bracket. We've both been to the same tourney numerous times and half the time he loses, half the time he gets put on opposite side.

I've beaten axe when I was still a big n00b when he was playing probably the worst game of his life like a year ago. I've played him in friendlies and didn't think he was too tough. So either he sandbagged in friendlies, got better, or I got worse. Maybe some combination.

I've be 100% honest though, I thought if I faced him I would win. Nothing more for me to say except if I think I'll beat someone I will say whatever I feel like

With that being said, AXE lets do some 1 dollar a Match MM at apex teach me how to face pika, maybe next time i'll be a better match for U

and past_B lick my buthole THX

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Double post: I actually do like your falcon... The most technically sound falcon in the world. I'm just a huge axe fan... AZ bias all the way.

big reason i've **** talked axe is to get people to force me vs him in bracket. We've both been to the same tourney numerous times and half the time he loses, half the time he gets put on opposite side.

I've beaten axe when I was still a big n00b when he was playing probably the worst game of his life like a year ago. I've played him in friendlies and didn't think he was too tough. So either he sandbagged in friendlies, got better, or I got worse. Maybe some combination.

I've be 100% honest though, I thought if I faced him I would win. Nothing more for me to say except if I think I'll beat someone I will say whatever I feel like

With that being said, AXE lets do some 1 dollar a Match MM at apex teach me how to face pika, maybe next time i'll be a better match for U

and past_B lick my buthole THX

JPOBS

Smash Hero
daaaaaaamn shots are fired.
Smashboards needs to be more like this, generating hype and such.

inb4 lock tho cuz mods are lame

past_b

Smash Apprentice
daaaaaaamn shots are fired.
Smashboards needs to be more like this, generating hype and such.

inb4 lock tho cuz mods are lame
Agreed. That's why I made this thread... I love the competitiveness that this game generates.

I wish mods wouldn't close these kinds of threads. They are fun and at the end of day, no one is throwing any hatred around. It's all in good spirit. Jpobs said it best... It generates hype. It gives us more excitement the next time axe and s2j, or any kind of "rivalry" occurs again.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
LOL wtf @ this thread

Both are approaching Melee legend status though. I think S2J's the best Falcon that's ever played in Melee, and Axe is obviously the best Pika ever as well.

But S2J's just one of the coolest, chill guys I've ever met.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Could be Axe is like Amsah and does much better when something is on the line (as opposed to just friendlies), as well :)

I know I do that as well... never want to play "gay" in friendlies, and even if I plan to play serious it takes less then 20 seconds to notice something that I just have to try whether move X works in this situation :D

KrIsP!

Smash Champion

He said during the tourney, on stream, that he wanted to face axe because everyone said axe was top 10 material who would beat him but they never got to meet in tourney. He said it while axe was getting owned so there was some salt lol.

There is no need for a thread of this though, it just seems like people who don't even place well at anything are sticking it to S2J for losing a match. He's still S2J, I guess as JPobs said there's salt in the air. I want to see S2J put up more than 2-3$ though, 10$ MM and get it on stream.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
LOL wtf @ this thread

Both are approaching Melee legend status though. I think S2J's the best Falcon that's ever played in Melee, and Axe is obviously the best Pika ever as well.

But S2J's just one of the coolest, chill guys I've ever met.
I was under the impression that hax was better than s2j

Landry

Smash Ace
Mango is the best Falcon player ever... and I'm not even a Mango ****rider.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
i don't think there's a clear consensus on s2j vs. hax atm
The consensus is that if you are from WC, you think S2J is the best, and if you are from EC, you think Hax is the best.

Landry

Smash Ace
The consensus is that if you are from WC, you think S2J is the best, and if you are from EC, you think Hax is the best.
Or if you're not region biased then you just think s2j is better because he is.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what about midwest people?!

oh yeah....

darkrain is better than either :awesome:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Neither is "better" than the other, because they have such vastly different playstyles.

Hax has that silky wavedash-centric playstyle and combos anything to everything. S2J is the Nair and spacing king, who exploits platforms. Hax likes his regrabs, S2J isn't a fan of em.

Top 2, either way.

Edit: Mango is Mango, and ***** even with Mario. I feel he pulls some of the most jank-tastic combos of all the falcon players. But he plays solid, and reads better and just plain goes in. Better player, not just a good Falcon

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Neither is "better" than the other, because they have such vastly different playstyles.

Hax has that silky wavedash-centric playstyle and combos anything to everything. S2J is the Nair and spacing king, who exploits platforms. Hax likes his regrabs, S2J isn't a fan of em.

Top 2, either way.

The ability of the player is decided by their performance, not by the variance in their playstyles or your subjective opinions. Hence:
Wasn't genesis 2 like the only time s2j has outplaced hax? That'd be why I think he's better

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Edit: Mango is Mango, and ***** even with Mario. I feel he pulls some of the most jank-tastic combos of all the falcon players. But he plays solid, and reads better and just plain goes in. Better player, not just a good Falcon
Maybe you're thinking of 2007 or 2008 Mango, but Mango's falcon is VERY VERY good. An incredibly solid looking Falcon these days, maybe not with as much Falcon-specific hardware as Hax or S2J, but really good nontheless.

Rooting for all falcons at APEX

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Or if you're not region biased then you just think s2j is better because he is.
The results certainly don't show it, so I'd question the whole region bias comment normally if it weren't for the fact that Hax has recently been so out of practice that it might be true just recently, but even then its close.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yes, specifically the Falcon specific things. I literally was watching Mango almost JV 4 stock Okami's Shiek in KoC pools, then RoM5 Hax. Or just both at FC.

Again, Mango is the better player, and his Falcon is super solid, but I don't credit it to being falcon, I credit it more to Mango's prowess, subjective as it may be.

Also yes, I do believe that is the only time johnny outplaced aziz. But I still say neither is better. I believe last, S2J said Hax probably is a bit better (months ago, somewhere on the Falcon boards iirc)

Edit: did Mango ditto Hax at FC at all? I know in the Top 8, he went Fox on him.

Top Bottom