• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu from Street Fighter has NO CHANCE of making it into SSBB, but I have a move list!

courte

Smash Lord
kiddy level

Ryu=Snake > Megaman

im basically saying that people should stop looking for the pessimistic side of things, we all know that if capcom did throw anyone in it'd be megaman but open your mind to the thought of there not being "character battles" for inclusion thoughts; open your minds like you did for so many of the stories you've read and games you've played that have made all of you into the people you are today: the gamer who can appreciate the good and positive aspects against all odds as we were once looked at and still are till this day

i think we can draw the line at some point with some restraint, and if not, wouldn't this be the type of mugen that you'd want??

and whats to stop these third parties from going out after brawl is released and asking someone to make a game encompassing their history??whats wrong with them working towards this themselves?? this should be seen as a bridgebuilder between companies and also a means to inspire relations

Cless

Smash Champion
That's why Squeenix is making Dissidia, and that's why SNK started KoF originally. All the Capcom characters in one game would be weird though. I could just go play MvC2 or CvS2 or something though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
kiddy level

Ryu=Snake > Megaman

im basically saying that people should stop looking for the pessimistic side of things, we all know that if capcom did throw anyone in it'd be megaman but open your mind to the thought of there not being "character battles" for inclusion thoughts; open your minds like you did for so many of the stories you've read and games you've played that have made all of you into the people you are today: the gamer who can appreciate the good and positive aspects against all odds as we were once looked at and still are till this day

i think we can draw the line at some point with some restraint, and if not, wouldn't this be the type of mugen that you'd want??

and whats to stop these third parties from going out after brawl is released and asking someone to make a game encompassing their history??whats wrong with them working towards this themselves?? this should be seen as a bridgebuilder between companies and also a means to inspire relations
Hey I'm open for any new inclusion. The more the merrier.

The few 3rd party spots though, are like throwing raw meat on a pack of hungry wolves.

I like the idea of Ryu, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, Crono, Ristar, NiGHTS, Vectorman, Megaman, Zero, Knuckles, Little Nemo, Taki, Sophitia, Bomberman, Klonoa... and my 3rd party list goes on and on... But I'll be happy with whatever 3rd parties they add.

I'm just happy we're getting them to begin with. :D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ryu's Resurrection

Omega Bump!

Now that Street Fighter 4 is on the horizon, and that the most iconic gaming character is back in the fray, this could increase his chances of being in Brawl. Also, Ono does mention in the IGN magazine that he does know Miyamoto (I don't think he knows Sakurai) so perhaps Sakurai can discuss whether or not our Shotokan warrior can get on Brawl's roster this time around.

Cless

Smash Champion
No!

Ryu is not the most iconic gaming character. He would be a wrecked character in Brawl. It would not be the same, and it would be disheartening. Can't you just leave Street Fighter 4 well enough alone? It's bringing back a lot of characters and said characters would be ruined in a fighter set up like Brawl. Leave Street Fighter in Street Fighter.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No!

Ryu is not the most iconic gaming character. He would be a wrecked character in Brawl. It would not be the same, and it would be disheartening. Can't you just leave Street Fighter 4 well enough alone? It's bringing back a lot of characters and said characters would be ruined in a fighter set up like Brawl. Leave Street Fighter in Street Fighter.
Then you clearly are one of those people who doesn't know how tight life was back in the days of Street Fighter. Oh if you only knew...

Anyways, if you want to debate then lets rumble!

1. Ryu's popularity is still breathing today as we speak. He's currently the craze on the hit online engine game called M.U.G.E.N.

2. He use to be the mascot, heart & soul of Capcom. In a way, he still should be if it wasn't for the stop in the series of SFIII.

3. If Ryu was added to the game of Smash, he'd be completely right at home. His moveset would be flawless and yes even you would warm up to him eventually.

So don't give me this, "I don't Ryu in Brawl" crap! It's his BIRTHRIGHT to be in Brawl!!!

courte

Smash Lord
i would love to see him in smash personally im well aware of his chances everyone is the only other people capcom has above him are megaman and possibly a RE character, but even then the biohazard cast has just as good a chance as him--Ryu for smash Some day!!!!! never give up hope

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
i would love to see him in smash personally im well aware of his chances everyone is the only other people capcom has above him are megaman and possibly a RE character, but even then the biohazard cast has just as good a chance as him--Ryu for smash Some day!!!!! never give up hope
*thumbs*

I knew there was atleast one Ryu fan out here 2 nite.:cool: Oh he can make it, he's up there among the best on Sakurai's Poll.

Cless

Smash Champion
Then you clearly are one of those people who doesn't know how tight life was back in the days of Street Fighter. Oh if you only knew...

Anyways, if you want to debate then lets rumble!

1. Ryu's popularity is still breathing today as we speak. He's currently the craze on the hit online engine game called M.U.G.E.N.

2. He use to be the mascot, heart & soul of Capcom. In a way, he still should be if it wasn't for the stop in the series of SFIII.

3. If Ryu was added to the game of Smash, he'd be completely right at home. His moveset would be flawless and yes even you would warm up to him eventually.

So don't give me this, "I don't Ryu in Brawl" crap! It's his BIRTHRIGHT to be in Brawl!!!
Yeah, I dunno what you mean by tight. I've been playing Street Fighter since I was four.

1) I never said Ryu wasn't popular, I said he wasn't the most iconic gaming character. Mugen is a horribly unbalanced engine. Everyone is the craze hit on Mugen. That's the whole point of the engine.

2) So was Captain Commando. Should he be in Brawl because of that? Ryu still is Capcom's mascot along with Megaman.

3) How would he be at home? His home is Street Fighter where his fighting style is intact. He'd be a complete *******ization of himself in Smash.

How's it his birthright to be in Brawl? He was born to be in Street Fighter. It's no one's birthright to be in Brawl.

Oh, and don't call me a Ryu hater. I love Ryu. We are debating about his inclusion in Smash; not how much we like the character.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, I dunno what you mean by tight. I've been playing Street Fighter since I was four.

1) I never said Ryu wasn't popular, I said he wasn't the most iconic gaming character. Mugen is a horribly unbalanced engine. Everyone is the craze hit on Mugen. That's the whole point of the engine.

2) So was Captain Commando. Should he be in Brawl because of that? Ryu still is Capcom's mascot along with Megaman.

3) How would he be at home? His home is Street Fighter where his fighting style is intact. He'd be a complete *******ization of himself in Smash.

How's it his birthright to be in Brawl? He was born to be in Street Fighter. It's no one's birthright to be in Brawl.

Oh, and don't call me a Ryu hater. I love Ryu. We are debating about his inclusion in Smash; not how much we like the character.
1. How is he not the most iconic gaming character of all time? He was apart of the golden age of the whole fighting game era in the 90's. If it wasn't for him or Street Fighter, then there would never be a game like Smash Brothers. It would have NEVER been created. Need I remind you that Mario's Special Moves are completely based off of Ryu? If you don't think he's the most iconic, well he **** sure is up there with the best of them. You have to give him that.

2. Captain Commando doesn't hold a candle to Ryu's greatness. Nough said.

3. He'd be at his new summer home in Smash. Or a hotel or whatever. I mean c'mon just think about it, if he appeared in the game then that would give his ever growing popularity a major boost. Yeah and I'm sure lots of people would be against it just how like they were angry that Snake got in, but they got over it...or a good majority of them did.

It is his birthright. He and he alone should represent his franchise known as Capcom. Ryu is Capcom. He's been in lots of intergalatic fantasy battles such as Namco vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom, Family Guy the online video game and such. So he'd so not be out of place if he were to fight some of Nintendo's hottest mascots. Oh yeah, don't tamper with fate, for he's destined to be in Brawl.

Cless

Smash Champion
1. How is he not the most iconic gaming character of all time? He was apart of the golden age of the whole fighting game era in the 90's. If it wasn't for him or Street Fighter, then there would never be a game like Smash Brothers. It would have NEVER been created. Need I remind you that Mario's Special Moves are completely based off of Ryu? If you don't think he's the most iconic, well he **** sure is up there with the best of them. You have to give him that.

2. Captain Commando doesn't hold a candle to Ryu's greatness. Nough said.

3. He'd be at his new summer home in Smash. Or a hotel or whatever. I mean c'mon just think about it, if he appeared in the game then that would give his ever growing popularity a major boost. Yeah and I'm sure lots of people would be against it just how like they were angry that Snake got in, but they got over it...or a good majority of them did.

It is his birthright. He and he alone should represent his franchise known as Capcom. Ryu is Capcom. He's been in lots of intergalatic fantasy battles such as Namco vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom, Family Guy the online video game and such. So he'd so not be out of place if he were to fight some of Nintendo's hottest mascots. Oh yeah, don't tamper with fate, for he's destined to be in Brawl.
1) Well, if it wasn't for Nintendo and Mario, there would be no Street Fighter. That's why I said he wasn't the MOST iconic. He's definitely iconic. SFII defined 2d fighting.

How are Mario's moves based off of Ryu? He was shooting fireballs and jumping like that way before Street Fighter. Maybe his down b, maybe, but that'd be stretching it.

2) Never said Captain Commando was as great as Ryu.

3) He wouldn't be at home in Smash. He would be a complete *******ization of his Street Fighter self. Snake didn't already have a set physics and fighting system to him. Ryu does.

Don't throw Namco X Capcom at me. Firstly, it's not vs., it's cross. Secondly, it's a strategy RPG, not a fighting game. Ryu is the same as he is in Street Fighter in the MvC series. Family Guy... come on now.

I'm not saying that he'd be out of place, but he'd be a *******ization of his Street Fighter self, and it would be upsetting.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
1) Well, if it wasn't for Nintendo and Mario, there would be no Street Fighter. That's why I said he wasn't the MOST iconic. He's definitely iconic. SFII defined 2d fighting.

How are Mario's moves based off of Ryu? He was shooting fireballs and jumping like that way before Street Fighter. Maybe his down b, maybe, but that'd be stretching it.

2) Never said Captain Commando was as great as Ryu.

3) He wouldn't be at home in Smash. He would be a complete *******ization of his Street Fighter self. Snake didn't already have a set physics and fighting system to him. Ryu does.

Don't throw Namco X Capcom at me. Firstly, it's not vs., it's cross. Secondly, it's a strategy RPG, not a fighting game. Ryu is the same as he is in Street Fighter in the MvC series. Family Guy... come on now.

I'm not saying that he'd be out of place, but he'd be a *******ization of his Street Fighter self, and it would be upsetting.
1. Sorry bro, but even if *gasp* Miyamoto never created Mario, Street Fighter would still have been in the arcades and on the Sega Genesis.

Alright, lets go through there styles play by play.

Hadoken = Mario's Fireball Heh, I'll even go as far as to say that his F Smash (the way he charges it up) looks like he's doing Shinku Hadoken.

Shoryuken= Mario's Super Jump Punch

TatsumakiSenpuKyaku = Mario Tornado

Denjin Hadoken = Mario's Final Smash

And then there's Luigi and his similar moveset to Mario's. If you notice that if you time it just right the character will be in flames. Well same thing with Ken's Shoryuken. They all go hand & hand.

2. Well atleast we agree on something....

3. Oh c'mon bro. Ryu done it all. All except fighting on a Smash Game. He would return home too. He'd be coming back to a Nintendo platform game so in a since it'd be a homecoming and he'd be welcomed with open arms.

I'm just saying he's associated himself with Namco and with comic book characters. Why not have him battle with Smash combatants?

courte

Smash Lord
i can't understand people saying ryu wouldn't fit in this type of game when more or less he was in one similar to it

Super Gem Fighter Minimix had a much simplified moves list, funny and easy to understand combo mechanics, and it poked fun at capcoms fighting history

and it was all SD!!Q!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
i can't understand people saying ryu wouldn't fit in this type of game when more or less he was in one similar to it

Super Gem Fighter Minimix had a much simplified moves list, funny and easy to understand combo mechanics, and it poked fun at capcoms fighting history

and it was all SD!!Q!
Quoted 4 Truth

I don't get it either bro. It's cool though, I like passionately defending my most favorite video game character of all time. I grew up with Ryu and if given the chance to actually play Ryu....on a Smash Game!? Wow....that'd be epic....*drools*

Cless

Smash Champion
1. Sorry bro, but even if *gasp* Miyamoto never created Mario, Street Fighter would still have been in the arcades and on the Sega Genesis.

Alright, lets go through there styles play by play.

Hadoken = Mario's Fireball Heh, I'll even go as far as to say that his F Smash (the way he charges it up) looks like he's doing Shinku Hadoken.

Shoryuken= Mario's Super Jump Punch

TatsumakiSenpuKyaku = Mario Tornado

Denjin Hadoken = Mario's Final Smash

And then there's Luigi and his similar moveset to Mario's. If you notice that if you time it just right the character will be in flames. Well same thing with Ken's Shoryuken. They all go hand & hand.

2. Well atleast we agree on something....

3. Oh c'mon bro. Ryu done it all. All except fighting on a Smash Game. He would return home too. He'd be coming back to a Nintendo platform game so in a since it'd be a homecoming and he'd be welcomed with open arms.

I'm just saying he's associated himself with Namco and with comic book characters. Why not have him battle with Smash combatants?
1) Nintendo revived gaming. The entire game industry nearly died before Nintendo came along, so I don't know how likely it would have been that Street Fighter or Sega would have still been made.

Mario's fireball is from the Fire Flower. The forward smash charge does look like a Hadouken charge, but every character ever who shoots fireballs with two hands does that.

Mario's up b is from when he jumps in Super Mario Bros.

You must be joking with the Denjin Hadouken. The two look nothing alike.

Ken's fierce punch Shoryuken has always had flames on it ever since Super Street Fighter II or Super Turbo. Either one, but it has nothing to do with timing or placement of the hit like Luigi's does.

3) It's not a homecoming. Ryu was born in the arcades. His going back there with Street Fighter IV is a homecoming.

Namco X Capcom is a strategy rpg. Every Namco and Capcom character in the game was re-tooled to fit the battle system. Street Fighter vs. X-Men, MvC, etc. all use the basic Street Fighter engine. Ryu doesn't change his fighting style, but in Smash, it would be terrible. His whole being would be changed to fit a fighting engine that doesn't suit him.

and it was all SD!!Q!
Pocket Fighter still kept the basic Capcom fighting game formula. Smash is completely different from that game. The special moves were still done exactly the same as in Street Figher, Darkstalkers, etc., but they told you how to do three of them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Jesus christ, was that naive, typo-infested, capos speaking little noob that created this thread really me from when I first joined?

It's scary, looking back at it now.

Cless

Smash Champion
Jesus christ, was that naive, typo-infested, capos speaking little noob that created this thread really me from when I first joined?

It's scary, looking back at it now.
I was just looking over your move list. You down b would be more like a Shinku Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku instead of the regular one.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
1) Nintendo revived gaming. The entire game industry nearly died before Nintendo came along, so I don't know how likely it would have been that Street Fighter or Sega would have still been made.
Mario's fireball is from the Fire Flower. The forward smash charge does look like a Hadouken charge, but every character ever who shoots fireballs with two hands does that.

Mario's up b is from when he jumps in Super Mario Bros.

You must be joking with the Denjin Hadouken. The two look nothing alike.

Ken's fierce punch Shoryuken has always had flames on it ever since Super Street Fighter II or Super Turbo. Either one, but it has nothing to do with timing or placement of the hit like Luigi's does.

3) It's not a homecoming. Ryu was born in the arcades. His going back there with Street Fighter IV is a homecoming.

Pocket Fighter still kept the basic Capcom fighting game formula. Smash is completely different from that game. The special moves were still done exactly the same as in Street Figher, Darkstalkers, etc., but they told you how to do three of them.
If that's the case, then don't you think that Capcom should give there thanks by suggesting that Ryu should fight amongst Brawl's Finest?:)

Ok, I meant the hyped up Shinku Hadoken from the Marvel vs Capcom game. They're both super power projectiles and that's why I said what I said.

I mean what gives it away is that Mario Tornado and Luigi Cyclone. That's basically how you know HAL Laboratories intention was to make Mario's special moves appear "Shotokan esque."

Ryu was born in the arcades yes, but his "baptism" was on a Nintendo.:) So it's like a second home away from home.

Cless

Smash Champion
No, I don't. I think they should give their thanks by sending them Megaman since he's actually tied to Nintendo's history.

I guess, but you may as well say it's the same as every other giant beam attack ever. I mean, Dragonball was created way before. Why don't you compare it to that?

The fireball doesn't look like and has no similar motions to the Hadouken. The up b is nothing like the Shoryuken. Only in passing appearance, but that's the way Mario has jumped for forever. The Mario Tornado is also similar only in passing. They're intention was to make a moveset that fit Mario.

Street Fighter was on Sega too, you know.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No, I don't. I think they should give their thanks by sending them Megaman since he's actually tied to Nintendo's history.

I guess, but you may as well say it's the same as every other giant beam attack ever. I mean, Dragonball was created way before. Why don't you compare it to that?

The fireball doesn't look like and has no similar motions to the Hadouken. The up b is nothing like the Shoryuken. Only in passing appearance, but that's the way Mario has jumped for forever. The Mario Tornado is also similar only in passing. They're intention was to make a moveset that fit Mario.

Street Fighter was on Sega too, you know.
Ryu also has a history with Nintendo. A...brief history, but a history nonetheless. It's where he got his start. Also, he was on a couple of titles for the gameboy.

The Kamehameha Wave TM & the Hadoken TM are both original in there own right. I mean look at it this way, lots of other characters copy off of Goku's and Ryu's projectiles. Black Mage/ViVi, Ninetales (Megaman Command Missions), Megaman, Mario, and the list goes on and on...

So you're saying that HAL came up with Mario's special moveset by a coincidence? Blastphemy! It's Ryu esque no matter how you toss it.

Yeah but Sega is no longer in the system business and arcades around here are no longer popular. So....Nintendo is Ryu's home that's still in mint condition.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ryu's history is in the arcades. That's where everything that matters to most fighting games happen.

Why are you trademarking them? What did the Black Mage and Ninetales copy? I haven't fought Ninetales in about 2 or 3 years, so I don't remember. And X's moves were easter eggs.

I really don't think they were consciously thinking of Ryu when they made up the fireball and the up b. It's been Mario's thing for years.

Arcades aren't popular here, but they are in Asia. Street Fighter plays best on a Playstation controller anyway. I mean, outside of an arcade pad. The Playstation is just as much a home as any Nintendo console, which is to say that neither of them is.

Top Bottom