• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Blue24

Smash Cadet
What if Rayman was fighting us all along, with his hands?

And we simply called them Master and Crazy Hand?
That would actually make a good trick reveal trailer. Like you see Master and Crazy Hand come out of black background with their music playing. Then a few seconds later Ray Mans body appears out of the background revealing that it was actually Ray Man's hands and he played a prank on the viewer.

Last edited:

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
That would actually make a good trick reveal trailer. Like you see Master and Crazy Hand come out of black background with their music playing. Then a few seconds later Ray Mans body appears out of the background revealing that it was actually Ray Man's hands and he played a prank on the viewer.
Its quite a shame the idea you just gave us will never see the light of day *tear*... I imagine something pertaining to Rayman Origins

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Rayman is a *perfect* fit in this game. Remember when Sakurai showed the daily update - an original 3D model of the character - that's used as a trophy? I feel like Sakurai wanted him in.

He's a mascot character, he's recognizable by almost everyone, he comes from a long line of platformers, and his two most recent games are some of the best of their respective generations. Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are both wonderful, wonderful games. I've 100%ed both of them and I swear, if Raybox (blue Rayman) is a playable color, I automatically have a new secondary.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Rayman is a *perfect* fit in this game. Remember when Sakurai showed the daily update - an original 3D model of the character - that's used as a trophy? I feel like Sakurai wanted him in.

He's a mascot character, he's recognizable by almost everyone, he comes from a long line of platformers, and his two most recent games are some of the best of their respective generations. Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are both wonderful, wonderful games. I've 100%ed both of them and I swear, if Raybox (blue Rayman) is a playable color, I automatically have a new secondary.
Don't forget he also fits the aesthetic of the game perfectly, hes short, happy, and cartoony just like most of the rest of the cast and just like the other big mascots of Mario, Sonic, Pac-man and Mega man. That's something Snake couldn't accomplish

Exzerko

Smash Cadet
The fact that theres a picture of Smash 3DS with Rayman in the roster makes this VERY Convincing to me :surprised::joyful:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Video got taken down

HE'S IN! YES! YES! YES!

That literally proves nothing

Wow in happiness, everyone is quick to jump on the train to " I know he is in" vally and not to" There is a possibility this is fake or it could be real, we will wait and see" City

Last edited:

The Groose

Smash Rookie
We will know if these are real when mewtwo is revealed, and if his splash matches this one, there's a good chance these are real.

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke
Man.... why is the ESRB leaker such a d*ck to Sakurai?

Last edited:

Purio

Smash Cadet
On one hand... Weird how Rayman, another third party, would get in over other Nintendo characters. One piece of proof that makes me lean towards this is that Sakurai stated himself that they provided him with a full 3D model for Rayman that was specifically made for Smash. If they could provide Sakurai with that, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much work actually putting him in, as it would be to make a character from scratch.

The one thing turning me off from this leak is that the guy went through the trouble of uploading a video showing him in the roster, but why not go one step further and show Rayman in combat? Like the guy with the Bowser Jr. and Shulk videos. Also if they're moving characters around, why not put Lucina, Doctor, and Dark Pit with their respective series? =/

I remember greatly enjoying the Rayman games for the PS1. I don't recall playing any after that... Maybe I will someday. I hear great things about the more recent games.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Well personally I'd rather have Roy.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
This looks 100% legit honestly. I'd like to point out though that the 3DS character select screen looks like it has room for 2 more characters.

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
NO ****ING WAY. If this is true I'm getting wii u and maiming the **** out of Ray man

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke
On one hand... Weird how Rayman, another third party, would get in over other Nintendo characters. One piece of proof that makes me lean towards this is that Sakurai stated himself that they provided him with a full 3D model for Rayman that was specifically made for Smash. If they could provide Sakurai with that, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much work actually putting him in, as it would be to make a character from scratch.

The one thing turning me off from this leak is that the guy went through the trouble of uploading a video showing him in the roster, but why not go one step further and show Rayman in combat? Like the guy with the Bowser Jr. and Shulk videos. Also if they're moving characters around, why not put Lucina, Doctor, and Dark Pit with their respective series? =/

I remember greatly enjoying the Rayman games for the PS1. I don't recall playing any after that... Maybe I will someday. I hear great things about the more recent games.
Origins was fun as f*ck, on the PS3 at least cuz that was the one I played.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
If this is real I'm getting both characters (Mewtwo is going 1st, then hopefully Rayman), if he is in does this mean more trophies from his series perhaps (he never had a game on the 3DS, but the Wii U would totally get the Origins/Legends trophies).

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Another thing that no one seems to be talking about is the possibility of a Rayman stage being included in the purchase of the character, the environments in that franchise are beautiful and I would love it if they added a stage too. Also I just remembered that all of the third-parties have 1 assist trophy from their respective franchise, Globox anyone?

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
If this is real, why do I have the feeling that they are gonna show him through E3? Either that, I could be wrong. Who knows.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09

On next to ness and 2 on the bottom row

EDIT: Wait, that's actually 4, there's space for 3 on the bottom. I am a dumb
Oh. I was actually talking about the picture provided with Rayman in which case there looks to be 2.

In this picture, Mewtwo and Rayman count as two already so...

In any case, I actually don't want Roy and hope they bring in new characters instead. #FIORA4SMASH

Last edited:

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
It's probably real, but I think this was one of the worst characters that they could put in. It seems to me that any third party can join smash now. Why don't they just add Crash, Spyro, and Bomberman already? This is ridiculous.

Where are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and King K?

I'm sick of these decisions put into the roster.

Also, Mewtwo's render is way too ugly.

Ice Climbers were confirmed to not be in the game because of 3DS processor problems. Clone, clone, third-party, and possible to still come.

If they are adding more characters, it is possible, they may add more after this. Are you really acting that this is an impossibility?

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Well personally, I prefer the air
Personally, I prefer Rayman.
he never had a game on the 3DS
Rayman 3D? Rayman Origins 3D?

Ice Climbers were confirmed to not be in the game because of 3DS processor problems. Clone, clone, third-party, and possible to still come.

If they are adding more characters, it is possible, they may add more after this. Are you really acting that this is an impossibility?
Spyro > Rayman

:rolleyes:

EDIT:
Oops, sorry for the double post spam. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
You know, it's curious how some people ask for a character to be in smash, and after a long time, the dream became true...

And finish off don't even use it in friendies...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Here's hoping that this means we'll get more DLC and more characters. I would love Lucas and Wolf back honestly.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
I always figured half of the hate on the Internet spawns from disappointment from over-hype. That's why I'm always skeptical till proven true or false. Either it's a pleasant surprise or an uncaring "meh".

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's hoping that this means we'll get more DLC and more characters. I would love Lucas and Wolf back honestly.
Yes I too wish we get Wolf and Lucas. The base game itself is already set up for Mewtwo,Rayman, Wolf, Isaac, Lucas, and Chorus men to join the game while making minor alterations.

Top Bottom