• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
HAHAAHAHA.

Really? Seriously?
Ice Climber, Metal Gear, Starfox, and Earthbound fans all lost characters. Ice Climbers aren't a minor fighter, they have been in since melee, and represent a full series by themselves that was a part of classic Nintendo. Characters such as Rosalina, Rayman, Greninja, don't deserve at all to be in the game over them. Mii's are a waste of space too. That's three more original characters that could have been added.

Ice Climbers Haven't Had a Game in 25 Years. They were having problems. Not Major.

EarthBound is a Dead Franchise, no matter how good of one it is.

StarFox is lower priority than Kirby, Zelda, and the like, and Wolf wasn't all that different to begin with.

Metal Gear isn't even Nintendo. It's practically a Playstation Franchise, and furthermore, it only got in because Sakurai and Kojima are friends.

Rosalina has become more relevant that any of those franchises lately. Rayman Legends WAS a Nintendo Exclusive WHEN the Roster was decided. Greninja is promotional material. Nintendo is a business *hurderp let's not promote our business and make money*. Miis were very heavily wanted. And if you honestly think those three took that much time to implement, then you are a fool. They are essentially the epiphamy of clones.

And no, it's completley fair. If you are going to buy A WEAKER SYSTEM you should be prepared to not have all the characters. You don't even care so fairness for people who can't afford it means nothing to me.

Herpderp the New 3DS wasn't out yet DUMBASS. Most people already had 3DSs long before they even announced the New 3DS. And not everyone can afford a Wii U, when it's $200 more - sometimes you have to deal with what you can afford. I barely was able to get mine. I'm poor as ****. I sure as hell can't get a New 3DS. Not everyone's a spoiled ****ing brat.

NO IT'S NOT A BLESSING IN DISGUISE!!!

Ice Climber fans lost the one fighter that represented a series that they love because of a stupid decision to keep the rosters the same. It's not fair to them to lose that because "people can't afford" a better system.

You really think people gave a dip**** about Ice Climber as a series? First of all, some series. One game, one remake of the same game. People only liked the Ice Climbers because they were competitvely viable. I'm sad their gone too, but sometimes you just gotta get the over it and be a man.

Like it or not, Nintendo and Sakurai don't exist to serve your piddly ass problems and add every character you want.
Answers in Bold.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
What a lame choice of character if legit. I've played Rayman games, not a fan personally.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
HAHAAHAHA.

Really? Seriously?
Ice Climber, Metal Gear, Starfox, and Earthbound fans all lost characters. Ice Climbers aren't a minor fighter, they have been in since melee, and represent a full series by themselves that was a part of classic Nintendo. Characters such as Rosalina, Rayman, Greninja, don't deserve at all to be in the game over them. Mii's are a waste of space too. That's three more original characters that could have been added.
I'm sorry, but tell me this; when the heck were the Ice Climbers ever relevant outside of Smash? They only have one unremarkable game from the 1980's to their name. Meanwhile, Greninja is one of the most popular of the new Starter Pokemon, Rayman is (while an admittedly bizarre choice) a prominent part of the platformer scene, Rosalina enjoys a hefty bit of popularity and has been in far more games...and Miis are the ultimate custom fighter, so as soon as we saw custom fighters, it was a shoehorn that Miis were getting in.

The lost Brawl fighters all had good reasons to be cut; Lucas was barely any different from Ness aside from a few moves and some minor stat differences, Snake was cut because we already have 3-4 third-party characters, Wolf was cut likely due to either time restraints or just didn't quite make it, Pokemon Trainer was a one-time thing that worked once but can't work again and the Ice Climbers were cut in order to keep both versions equal so that people who only have the 3DS game (like me) don't feel ripped off that they can't have a character only because they don't have the other version.

And it's rather insulting to say characters that have had games since the 1980's don't deserve to be in Smash, yet a one-time duo from a 1980's game that did pretty mediocrely deserve to trump everyone else in terms of staying power. If anybody from Melee had to be cut for this game, I think that the Ice Climbers were a needed axe for the sake of keeping the two versions consistent.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm sorry, but tell me this; when the heck were the Ice Climbers ever relevant outside of Smash? They only have one unremarkable game from the 1980's to their name. Meanwhile, Greninja is one of the most popular of the new Starter Pokemon, Rayman is (while an admittedly bizarre choice) a prominent part of the platformer scene, Rosalina enjoys a hefty bit of popularity and has been in far more games...and Miis are the ultimate custom fighter, so as soon as we saw custom fighters, it was a shoehorn that Miis were getting in.

The lost Brawl fighters all had good reasons to be cut; Lucas was barely any different from Ness aside from a few moves and some minor stat differences, Snake was cut because we already have 3-4 third-party characters, Wolf was cut likely due to either time restraints or just didn't quite make it, Pokemon Trainer was a one-time thing that worked once but can't work again and the Ice Climbers were cut in order to keep both versions equal so that people who only have the 3DS game (like me) don't feel ripped off that they can't have a character only because they don't have the other version.

And it's rather insulting to say characters that have had games since the 1980's don't deserve to be in Smash, yet a one-time duo from a 1980's game that did pretty mediocrely deserve to trump everyone else in terms of staying power. If anybody from Melee had to be cut for this game, I think that the Ice Climbers were a needed axe for the sake of keeping the two versions consistent.
This sort of logical posting nearly rivals my own.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
It's done, Nintendo took down the video. There are hundreds of fake leaks online that Nintendo could care less about but they decided they didn't want any more people to see this, just like they did with the August leak. Let me be the first to welcome Rayman to the Smash family.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
This is something that I would love to be true, but I won't be hurt if it's not.

I'm a person of faith, so I'm gonna put some in this.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's done, Nintendo took down the video. There are hundreds of fake leaks online that Nintendo could care less about but they decided they didn't want any more people to see this, just like they did with the August leak. Let me be the first to welcome Rayman to the Smash family.
Wait, Nintendo actually took them down this time?

Nintendo didn't take down the video; the uploader did by his own volition. I think that's important to underscore before people get psyched because "Nintendo took it down."

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, Nintendo is not doing to well with 3rd party developers. And with Sega shifting over to mobile and PC games they loose a lot of their support, though at least they are going well with Namco Bandai, or shall I say Bandai Namco (I hate the way that sounds), because they helps with smash 4 a lot.
Sega was the backbone of Nintendo man. I hope Sega does well and once again joins the market to bring back TRUE gaming.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
We've got too many leaks!
Now we gotta solve them all...
So all aboard the hype train!

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I don't really think the youtube user taking down the video proves or disproves anything. For all we know, he probably didn't want to get in trouble by the law, and or get a "bad standing" from youtube. All this leaves us with is a big mystery...

Now with this video re-uploaded by another youtuber, I am patiently waiting to see if it gets removed by anyone else but the user. But still.................I think it's legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ3Em2CiHp8

Last edited:

mithical1

Smash Rookie
NNID
mithrandir37
If your main defense of your opinion is that you have a right to your own opinion, your opinion probably isn't right.

Is there anyone else here likeminded who wholeheartedly believes this leak? It's fascinating and disappointing how many people are so doubtful or mad that Rayman is DLC.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I don't really think the youtube user taking down the video proves or disproves anything. For all we know, he probably didn't want to get in trouble by the law, and or get a "bad standing" from youtube. All this leaves us with is a big mystery...

Now with this video re-uploaded by another youtuber, I am patiently waiting to see if it gets removed by anyone else but the user. But still.................I think it's legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ3Em2CiHp8
just saw the footage..... WELCOME TO SMASH RAYMAN!

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
YES. i always wanted rayman in smash 4, and people thought that was never gonna happen. if this is 100% true which seems very likely, we should also be seeing a new stage from the rayman series.

_LINK3N_

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anybody pointed this out yet, but if you listen closely at around 0:12, you can hear the sound sm4sh makes when you're not allowed to do something. I think the DLC isn't finished yet, thus the leaker couldn't select Rayman

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
For the people who say the video was removed by "The User" for reasons such as, he didn't want to get into trouble, or have a bad standing on youtube, he clearly made this account today, for this reason. it is Valentine's Day, a day named after "Saint Valentine", which is the name of the original youtube channel that uploaded this footage, he did not care if he got a bad standing or not, because he made the account today under that alias. My belief is that Nintendo took down the video, but did not file copyright on it because that would be 100% official confirmation that it is real.

I do honestly believe this is real, I have been rummaging through evidence since this video was given to me through EtikaWorldNetwork's channel, and every time I went to a new site I had way more to go off of. As far as I can see, this is very much real, and Nintendo waited too long to stop it. Tons of people by now have the footage saved ready for reupload, Ive encountered several, and they've reuploaded constant times today.

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
I don't know if anybody pointed this out yet, but if you listen closely at around 0:12, you can hear the sound sm4sh makes when you're not allowed to do something. I think the DLC isn't finished yet, thus the leaker couldn't select Rayman
And this is very true, nobody bothered to listen, they figured the fact that he didn't pick him, rummage through colors, or go to MewTwo that it is automatically fake, people need to examine their evidence.

There are some cases where people saw the character boxes were off by a few pixels, but if you examine them in game, they are off by those pixels as well, it is not a miscalculation in the placing of the supposedly photoshopped boxes, they actually do look like that in game.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo didn't take down the video; the uploader did by his own volition. I think that's important to underscore before people get psyched because "Nintendo took it down."
In the description of the video the guy seemed very excited and proud to be bringing us this information, I can't think of why he would decide of his own accord to take it down if there were no consequences

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
For the people who say the video was removed by "The User" for reasons such as, he didn't want to get into trouble, or have a bad standing on youtube, he clearly made this account today, for this reason. it is Valentine's Day, a day named after "Saint Valentine", which is the name of the original youtube channel that uploaded this footage, he did not care if he got a bad standing or not, because he made the account today under that alias. My belief is that Nintendo took down the video, but did not file copyright on it because that would be 100% official confirmation that it is real.

I do honestly believe this is real, I have been rummaging through evidence since this video was given to me through EtikaWorldNetwork's channel, and every time I went to a new site I had way more to go off of. As far as I can see, this is very much real, and Nintendo waited too long to stop it. Tons of people by now have the footage saved ready for reupload, Ive encountered several, and they've reuploaded constant times today.
That could very much be true. I never had been on his channel before, so I would only have thought he took it down for his on sake. But you could be right.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
What if Rayman was fighting us all along, with his hands?

And we simply called them Master and Crazy Hand?

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
This will be denied/confirmed the moment the mewtwo DLC is released.

We will see if mewtwo portrait is the same as shown here.

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
This will be denied/confirmed the moment the mewtwo DLC is released.

We will see if mewtwo portrait is the same as shown here.
But doesn't that ruin the fun of the speculation? If we all just shut up and wait?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
In the description of the video the guy seemed very excited and proud to be bringing us this information, I can't think of why he would decide of his own accord to take it down if there were no consequences
Trolling, maybe?
I cannot fathom somebody somehow getting DLC we didn't even get a teaser about yet, uploading a video with no gameplay to YouTube and getting the community to erupt in "ZOMG RAYMANZ IN SMASH BROS!!!!" being legitimate; but then again, people thought the ESRB leak was faked, and it turned out to be real. :p

But this all still seems fishy to me; no matter how convincing something can seem, it could still be incorrect. I'm doubting validity, but I'll reserve cries of "I TOLD YOU SO!" or curses directed at Rayman for when/if he's confirmed.

The Groose

Smash Rookie
The Groose is intrigued by these leaks. Guess time will tell if they are real or not.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Wait then that means...
Rayman
Mewtwo
Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Snake

BEST DLC ROSTER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Well this is an odd turn of events!
We'll figure this out in due time but I don't mind whether or not Rayman will actually be in, although if he is I'll snap him up and give him some play time.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
And for all those people saying it's fake because of pixels being off and small things like that you have to remember that it's a fakers job to fool us, Nintendo doesn't have that job. In other words, a faker has to make 100% that things like that are perfect, especially when they work so hard to fool us as to meticulously make new renders for multiple characters AND hack the game to add a roster slot and to put the pictures in the game. Nintendo on the other hand doesn't need to make sure that pixels are perfect and that the Rayman slot is clickable until they release it, Nintendo is way more likley to have something unpolished looking as no one is supposed to see it, the fake leak however people are supposed to see. I think all these tiny details that the nay sayers are using as proof of fake is all the more proof that this is real.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Trolling, maybe?
I cannot fathom somebody somehow getting DLC we didn't even get a teaser about yet, uploading a video with no gameplay to YouTube and getting the community to erupt in "ZOMG RAYMANZ IN SMASH BROS!!!!" being legitimate; but then again, people thought the ESRB leak was faked, and it turned out to be real. :p

But this all still seems fishy to me; no matter how convincing something can seem, it could still be incorrect. I'm doubting validity, but I'll reserve cries of "I TOLD YOU SO!" or curses directed at Rayman for when/if he's confirmed.
Well you gotta remember that while yes he does have a copy of the game with Rayman and Mewtwo on the css that doesn't mean he has a game with future content that no one else has yet. What he most likely has is a build of the game with the roster slots and shop icon included but that don't actually lead to anything when clicked on until they get added in in another future build

_LINK3N_

Smash Rookie
What if, in an update, Mewtwos and Raymans slots get added into the CSS, regardless if you bought the DLC or not. Players who didn't buy the DLC simply can't select them, hear the 'nope'-sound when trying to and then see a menu, linking to the shop.

Drewskitor

Smash Rookie
NNID
MtnDrew33
And for all those people saying it's fake because of pixels being off and small things like that you have to remember that it's a fakers job to fool us, Nintendo doesn't have that job. In other words, a faker has to make 100% that things like that are perfect, especially when they work so hard to fool us as to meticulously make new renders for multiple characters AND hack the game to add a roster slot and to put the pictures in the game. Nintendo on the other hand doesn't need to make sure that pixels are perfect and that the Rayman slot is clickable until they release it, Nintendo is way more likley to have something unpolished looking as no one is supposed to see it, the fake leak however people are supposed to see. I think all these tiny details that the nay sayers are using as proof of fake is all the more proof that this is real.

I agree, this is like what I had to say about the matter earlier. If you actually go through the evidence that you are given and compare it to the resources you have [If viable] then you can make more backed-up assumptions and opinions. From everything I have seen since about 4:00 EST when this was released, I say real. Done deal.

Top Bottom