• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
As much as I really want Roy in the game, I just want to say its fake, I'm so sorry but I just don't see or want to see Ryu in smash.

Also, the User removed Roy's video. Artsy Omni did that with Rayman.

I'm not hating Roy or Roy fans at all, but I hope Ryu isn't in Smash

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Honestly its been forever since I've posted on smashboards.

But I was just so excited when I watched those videos..our boys finally home guys

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Congratulations Roy fans! It's been a long road but you've reached the light at the end of the tunnel. Roy looks so cool!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
As much as I really want Roy in the game, I just want to say its fake, I'm so sorry but I just don't see or want to see Ryu in smash.

Also, the User removed Roy's video. Artsy Omni did that with Rayman.

I'm not hating Roy or Roy fans at all, but I hope Ryu isn't in Smash

WELL YOU CAN'T COME IN THE HYPE TRAIN !

ROYYYYYYYYYY MY REAL MAIN , AFTER 12 YEAR HE'S BACK BAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYY

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
But now something comes in my mind: what will happen to the "Lonely Roy" comic series on Miiverse?!

CFood

Smash Cadet
WHY IS FALCO A FRIED CHICKEN?

That is the one thing I must find out.

Why fried chicken?

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Welp looks like Marth completes the race to three versions before Fox in Smash I guess huh ha ha ha ha ha...

Should be interesting to see the changes, I didn't really like Roy (But the flames were cool) in Melee, so I'm interested to see how he works now.

Last edited:
Say, that design looks familiar....

That video made me just a little bit salty, not going to lie. Mostly because I'm 100% tired of that joke.

@ Croph Croph -- yeah! I actually have a postcard that has prototype Roy on it. He looks so young! xD

@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 -- I finished the thing tonight. My eyes are bleeding. (You're welcome. |D)
I don't want to touch my drawing tablet for the next 500 years.
Safe to assume that even if a mashup Roy didn't get used, I would be 100% for it if it ever happened in a new FE game, lmfao.
Did you know that the Mercenaries in Awakening wear shorts and really tall stockings? And then boots? They have funny fashion sense.

edit: also if anyone has colour palette swap ideas lmfao that would be fun seeing as though i have everything separated jic
THE DESIGN @ Adeptmune Adeptmune AND I SENT IN FOREVER AGO

AHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY LISTENED

I want to see a design where Roy realizes his potential. Not simply from the hero he is at the end of FE6, no. Even though he surpassed Hartmut himself, there's much more potential he has shown from his endings and how much Elibe still needs. Not from his Mercenary attire where he's in a basic class with a basic weapon, even if he seems aged or taller. It has to be from a few more years of age and accomplishments, similar to his fellow Fire Emblem veterans. None of his current designs show that. That horrid leak certainly doesn't do that by throwing him back a class while throwing Ike forward a few classes and Marth forward a game. It's something we have yet to see, and I'm hoping on it because I know it'll blow everything else he has out of the water. I hope we see something new here. Something that could be used if Binding Blade ever does get a sequel...
Potential realized.

@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 confirmed for mono Psychic type.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Its just me or Roy seems taller than Marth in that video? Can we hope for a swordman with a good range on his attacks?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Assuming there won't be a lot of changes between Roy in Melee and as DLC aside from an updated appearance, can anyone explain to me what the difference is between Marth and Roy? (or how Marth has changed since Melee)

I never really used Roy in Melee, so I'd like to know if he's more like Dr. Mario (where enough changes have been made to Marth's moves over time that Roy would be different enough as a result) or Dark Pit (where the main differences are his appearance and some of his attacks being on fire).

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Dropped in to say congratulations to the guys in this thread, his design really so good!

Assuming there won't be a lot of changes between Roy in Melee and as DLC aside from an updated appearance, can anyone explain to me what the difference is between Marth and Roy? (or how Marth has changed since Melee)

I never really used Roy in Melee, so I'd like to know if he's more like Dr. Mario (where enough changes have been made to Marth's moves over time that Roy would be different enough as a result) or Dark Pit (where the main differences are his appearance and some of his attacks being on fire).
Doc, but that design they chose was from fan feedback, and there was a lot more feedback that wanted a luigification/declone, and he looks like a proper hero of his own now alongside Marth and Ike, so I can see that being his ultimate path.

•Col•

Smash Champion

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This beautiful smile...!
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 8.39.31 pm.png

That glorious render...!
Help - I need my Shinmyoumaru and Roy Signature/Avatar!

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Say, that design looks familiar....

THE DESIGN @ Adeptmune Adeptmune AND I SENT IN FOREVER AGO

AHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY LISTENED

Potential realized.

@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 confirmed for mono Psychic type.

The fact that you sent in my design probably 50000 times and then Roy actually ended up getting the hybrid design is enough to make me freak out even more.
;-;
S-senpai...?! what if senpai noticed!

The sun is up again and I still am unable to tear myself away from the computer. Oh man, this is just so awesome...! ;-; I never thought they would bring him back AND give him a redesign like that...! How insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom