• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
You know, now that I think about it, I thought it was suspicious that Mewtwo and Roy weren't a Pokeball/Assist Trophy respectively...

This is unlikely, but not impossible in the slightest. Sure, maybe the Wii's internal memory couldn't hold two more characters for the Japanese players (which is so incredibly doubtful it couldn't), but you know what? An SD card could easily do it (not many don't have one now anyway)!

Nintendo making people buy additional stuff to play a game? That sounds EXACTLY like something they'd do (Link cable, E-Reader, GBA-to-GCN cord, CLASSIC CONTROLLER, etc)!

Keep in mind that later versions of the game in Japan could easily already include Mewtwo and Roy.
I do think that disc-to-disc communication via WiFi would be a clever way to keep characters locked away.

...also, the Mewtwo + Roy addition to US copies of Brawl would serve to explain why the delay between releases became so much larger than before...

...And you know, with the whole ability to give Wario two alternate outfits, I'm actually a bit sad that Mario isn't able to at least don the Doctor outfit, even if he wouldn't fling pills anymore...

But, c'est la game.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Sakurai: We have added 5 new characters to brawl for 100 wii points a piece they are Dixie Kong, Parer Mario, Toonzelda/shiek, Mewtwo, and roy.
Us: O BOY(clicks download)
Us: WTF (sakurai's face appears and starts laughing)
We go check our game all characters have bee replaced with rob who can't jump

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
SNES games are probably are 500kb-1mb
I'm afraid you are mistaken...

To give a few examples...

Chrono Trigger ~ 4 MB

Super Mario World + Allstars ~3 MB

Tales of Phantasia ~ 6MB

Star Ocean ~6 MB

FFIV ~ 1MB
FFV ~2MB
FFVI ~3MB

Super Bomberman 2 ~1MB

Super Metroid ~3 MB

Mystical Ninja ~ 1MB

Mario Paint ~1 MB

Kirby Dreamland 2 ~ 4MB

Kirby Superstar ~ 4MB

Super Mario RPG ~ 2 MB

Mega Man VII ~ 2 MB

MegaMan X ~ 1.5MB

And thats just listing a few...

There are some that are under 1MB though. Like Beuty and the Beast, Snow White, Super Mario Wold, and Starfox. But many more range between 1MB and 6MB. Star Ocean being one of the largest SNES games out there.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai: We have added 5 new characters to brawl for 100 wii points a piece they are Dixie Kong, Parer Mario, Toonzelda/shiek, Mewtwo, and roy.
Us: O BOY(clicks download)
Us: WTF (sakurai's face appears and starts laughing)
We go check our game all characters have bee replaced with rob who can't jump
ROBs don't need to jump, you fool. They're blunt instruments!

*kills Mr.Body in the parlor with a ROB force trauma to the head*

See these things? They're called late 80s era Nintendo alloy based creations. You can't bust 'em. And any device, no matter how ancient, can be revived by blowing on it.

...it's very zen...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
That's... very discouraging.
I don't see how it's discouraging. It's just that because of the large amounts of random people that spam it's deterred a lot of the melee tourney goers from posting, as they always have to defend their mindset simply because some people tend to attack you for trying to view the game competitively.

When the game is actually released in the states things will begin to work itself out. All of the silly people will leave and then for the most part we will be left with the people who want to actively take part in the Brawl community.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Yea, I return to this thread and 17 pages appear. Excellent.

What's teh big deal with rumors? Wait abit and you'll find out the truth.

It's like cats fighting over a laser pointer.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I don't see how it's discouraging. It's just that because of the large amounts of random people that spam it's deterred a lot of the melee tourney goers from posting, as they always have to defend their mindset simply because some people tend to attack you for trying to view the game competitively.

When the game is actually released in the states things will begin to work itself out. All of the silly people will leave and then for the most part we will be left with the people who want to actively take part in the Brawl community.
Man, I'm glad someone finally said it. Thank you, MookieRah.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ red text on the opening post.

But hey, this is bloody awesome. I never wanted Mewtwo or Roy to leave (not like I was heartbroken when they weren't playable), so this is good news assuming it's true.

I'd love to see it.

Heh, I'm just glad Pichu and Dr Mario got the perma-boot. Those were two characters I WANTED OUT, for good.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
If you all just wait you will see whether this rumor turns out to be true or not. All of the opinions in the world are not going to change the reality of the situation when its revealed to us. Also, there is no point in getting all excited because it's possible (despite how much you believe this rumor, there is always a chance) that this will all turn out to be nothing. There is nothing worse than being disappointed about something you want.

As far as all this flaming, just stop. We are being compared to Gamefaqs and that just makes me cry inside. I would like to think we were a little more mature than this.

Patience is a virtue.

Even though I have Brawl, this almost makes me want to make a countdown for the US release. That will be a happy day indeed.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm makes me think. Has anyone obtained trophies of any of the cut characters (assuming Sakurai will at least acknowledge them in some way)? It could give us an idea of what we could expect.. I hope this wasn't mentioned before :p

Olikrom

Smash Cadet
I'm going to take this with a grain of salt. For one, if they were going to introduce DLC to the Wii, they'd do it globally. Secondly, it seems a little strange that this information would come out before the game is even released stateside, and only involves two characters Japan doesn't really care about.

Plus, if character data takes up about 30 megs of space and the Wii has a total of 512 for memory, wouldn't that be a lot of space devoted to Brawl on Japanese Wiis? That's really uneven. If it happened, it'd be nice to have two more punching bags for free, but not worth it otherwise.

Olikrom

Smash Cadet
Hmmm makes me think. Has anyone obtained trophies of any of the cut characters (assuming Sakurai will at least acknowledge them in some way)? It could give us an idea of what we could expect.. I hope this wasn't mentioned before :p
I can't seem to find Roy's trophy in descriptions list, but my copy is jumbled. Mewtwo's trophy just mentions his Pokedex description.

I'm also not finding a Dr. Mario trophy. Plusle & Minun are on one trophy, and Dixie's just mentions a bit about her ponytail. Nothing else really noteworthy, though.

ZeronX

Smash Cadet
if this is true... well it doesn't really make a diff becuz i don't rly like either and i won't be playing them rly
but if they are included in the NA vers, then yay for more characters to choose from and screw around with!! ^^

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I really, really want to believe this. Mewtwo and Roy may not be the deleted Melee veterans that I want back (I do want them, but I care more about Dr. Mario), but it'd still be very awesome to get them back.

However, I just can't bring myself to believe this. Yes, "prophets" have been right many, many times in the past. At the same time though, the "SSBB: The New Challenger" rumor was proven false, and that one had "evidence" to accompany it (although the evidence actually had nothing to do with the rumor).

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to find Roy's trophy in descriptions list, but my copy is jumbled. Mewtwo's trophy just mentions his Pokedex description.

I'm also not finding a Dr. Mario trophy. Plusle & Minun are on one trophy, and Dixie's just mentions a bit about her ponytail. Nothing else really noteworthy, though.
Well thanks for that anyway. Still very suspicious that there aren't trophies (so far) for these characters besides mewtwo.

RPK

Smash Lord
Even though I have Brawl, this almost makes me want to make a countdown for the US release. That will be a happy day indeed.
A day when all the idiots leave, leaving only those who will take an active part of the community by making logical posts...Good god I want that day to come...I got pissed when Brawl was delayed, not because I couldnt get the game but because I know that people wont shut up about it till then ._.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
Only 2 new Charas seem strange, they'd make either 4, 9 or 7 new charas. 4 sounds most plausible, 2 new for PAL versions too for example, and if you move the roster to the left there would be some space left: http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6426/frosterdlcqo4.jpg (I know, it's bad, but it shows my point).
9 would make a whole new row, 7 would make 2 blank spaces like in Melee

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Only 2 new Charas seem strange, they'd make either 4, 9 or 7 new charas. 4 sounds most plausible, 2 new for PAL versions too for example, and if you move the roster to the left there would be some space left: http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6426/frosterdlcqo4.jpg (I know, it's bad, but it shows my point).
9 would make a whole new row, 7 would make 2 blank spaces like in Melee
Actually, I think that the screenshot you used was from a widescreen TV. That wouldn't fit on a regular TV.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Doesn't sound real to me. I don't believe it. There isn't really any room for them on the roster screen.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
While I doubt this rumor, it'd be nice if true. However I wonder how much they'd change... if at all. Mewtwo and Roy were half-***** in Melee, I'd hate for them to have the same treatment in Brawl.

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
I agree, and Roy doesn't even have a trophy. So, that will be too much work for NoA, I think.
Isn't this more of an argument for Roy possibly being in the game? Since there is no trophy now there will be one later once he is added.

I'm still very skeptical about this rumor.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Isn't this more of an argument for Roy possibly being in the game? Since there is no trophy now there will be one later once he is added.
thats exactly what i was thinking. i dont think it makes much of a difference though. it seems sad that a former playable character would have almost no mention. id like to see roy with updated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom