• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Here's my stab at it. (4/17/14)

Based mostly on the Gematsu leak and what I have seen other people expecting. It comes to an even fifty, with nineteen secret characters.

EDIT (5/25/14): Here is a new one, with 52 characters.

Blue = confirmed veteran
Green = confirmed newcomer
Pink = unconfirmed veteran
Red = unconfirmed newcomer

• Assumes that the Gematsu leak is real.
  • All vets are back except :ivysaur::squirtle::snake:, although I do still believe that Kojima could be trolling, in which case :snake: would go on the random icon.
  • The newcomers are K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Mii, Chorus Men, Isaac, and Pac-Man (I could probably be convinced to drop Isaac for a retro rep)

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Here's my roster. It seems pretty realistic to me, no dream characters or anything (besides Wonder Red and K. Rool, to make the roster aesthetically pleasing). Rhythm Girl represents Chorus Men.

4/17/14

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
I Really Wish Ridley in and Pac-man and Mii out. Also, Krystal in Falco's place. But I made a Realistic Roster:

themoonsloth

Smash Rookie
I've figured I should give this a go. Here's my extremely hopeful roster, which will probably never happen but I would die of happiness if it did.

Now, lets talk series slots. I assume they will move the Mario series up to six slots, if not more. I currently have six, but the 7th would probably be Toad. Star Fox could move up to 4 if they announce a new game sometime soon, which is what I am hoping for. FE could move up to 3 due to the popularity of Awakening, or the pattern of Marth/New rep could continue. Kirby will likely stay at three, although if there was 4 slots I dont know who could fill it. People are saying that Bandana Dee could fill the slot, but I dont know enough about the character to make an informed decision. LOZ should move up to 6 slots, but probably wont. A bunch of newcomers from new series makes sense to me, like Isaac and Shulk. However, the biggest flaw people will likely find with this list is the Pokemon series, and I would just like to explain myself there. In Brawl, Pokemon had, using the rule that each transformation is a slot, had 6 slots. It isnt crazy to think that it will move up to 7 due to the success of X/Y and possible Hoenn remakes. 7 slots is not insane.
These are the characters I really think have a good shot at getting in, along with my reasoning.
Bowser Jr
.: In my eyes, he's the most logical Mario newcomer (behind Rosalina). He could act quite similarly to Squirtle in some regards if he had the same side-B, and could use his paintbrush and Koopa-copter thing as other special moves. Alternatively, I can't really see Toad being playable. Toad would probably have a cool moveset based off of power ups from his appearances in the NSMB games, but I can't see him being his own playable character (more so than Bowser Jr, at least.)
Palutena: KI:U was super popular, Sakurai's trolling us with her, and her leak seems really convincing. At this point, she's all but confirmed. Plus her moveset could be really cool.
ICs: They're probably coming back, right? Thats what I think at least. Theyre fun to play as, and have been a mainstay since Melee. So why not?
Sceptile: Ok here me out. I'm not the first to present this idea, and I doubt I'll be the last. But that's because this is a really good idea. We have a fire and water starter, representing the 1st and latest gen. Why not have a grass starter to complete the starter trio? And with the hype surrounding the rumored Gen III remakes, Sceptile is perfect. (Although Serperior would make a really interesting fighter, thats Gen V)
Ridley: The shadow didnt convince me, either he's trolling us to surprise us when he's put in, or he's trolling us to troll us. I just can't tell which one.
GW: I dont think they'll cut him. He's the most retro retro character there is, except maybe Pong. (lol Pong confirmed)
Shulk: Shulk is highly requested, and while I've never played Xenoblade, he looks cool and stuff, and apparently he's really popular? I can see it, they need a representative from a more recent series. His design is also kickass.

I am pretty sure there will be a 3rd Star Fox character, I just can't decide who it will be.
Wolf
: Yeah, maybe Wolf might get cut. I mean personally I think he's less of a Fox clone than Falco is, but there is no way they wont bring Falco back. But he was fun in Brawl, so why not? Oh right, there hasnt been a Fox game in years. Oh well.
Krystal: This is even more of a stretch than Wolf. It's partially fueled by nostalgia because I loved Starfox Adventures, but I also thing she would be a really cool staff/magic fighter with insane speed, but considering she's more of a side character, I can see her not being included.

These characters I could imagine coming back, but have a little doubt about their chances.
ROB
: I feel like cutting ROB would be bad, but that they will. He's too strange of a fighter, and honestly I cant imagine SSB4 without him. But realistically, he isn't very relevant these days.
Isaac: This is a long shot, but I hope hes coming. Him not being included in the AT reveal is a step in the right direction. His moveset would be really cool and unique, and many people (myself included) would soil themselves in excitement if he was included, but I dont think his chances are super good.
Ghirahim: He's wacky, weird, and pretty cool. I could imagine a magic/sword based moveset for him, and we always need more villains! I can see him not getting in because 5 is already a big number for series reps, but why not add someone from SS?
King K. Rool: Yeah, he wasnt in Tropical Freeze, and maybe not even the first DKC remake, but he is the most iconic DK villain and he deserves some love. I could see him not getting in based on pure lack of representation in games recently, but the Kritters in Smash Run gives me hope. Also he'd be a blast to play as.
Mewtwo: PLEASE DEAR GOD. I think the constant trolling and Sakurai saying something along the lines of "We've considered it" gives me hope. Plus he was given 2 Mega forms in X/Y and is starring in the Mewtwo VS Genesect movie, so he seems like a shoo in to me (although you can never predict Sakurai). That being said, if 7 Pokemon reps is too much, then Mewtwo will be the first to be cut.
Robin: I don't think Robin is as likely as Chrom, because Chrom is essentially the protagonist of the series. However, Chrom seems like too safe of a character, and Sakurai seems to be going for curveballs this time around, so Robin fits right in there. The devs also seem to be putting a bigger emphasis on customization, so Robin makes sense there too. However, Chrom makes much more sense in the notoriety standpoint, and although he is another blue-haired swordsman, I can see him more realistically in Robin's spot.
Ike: I like Ike too much to let him go, but I can see him not getting in if they want to stick with the Marth/a new rep pattern they've been sticking with. But FE has been getting really popular since Awakening, so why not bring back Ike?
Simon: Never fear, Simon Belmont is here! Actually though, while there is like a 5% chance of this happening, I really hope it does. He could be like the Snake of SSB4, but this is mostly just a dream for me.This is the hail mary of my list.
Thats my list, essentially. It's 52 total, which admittedly is a lot. So I've actually shortened it to who, of the people I would want to get in, will most likely get in. This list is 44 people. (Wolf and Krystal are interchangable here) (I also added Chrom in for Robin, because I feel like thats a safer bet).
(to those reading this shortly after I posted, sorry about all the random edits ive had to make, I was short on time and organized this post atrociously in the beginning, and had a lot of trouble regarding the image hosting. Ill try better next time )

Last edited:

Gamer YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
As of E3 2014:

Super Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina and Luma.
The Legend of Zelda: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link.
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong.
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi.
WarioWare: Wario.
Wii Fit: Wii-Fit Trainer.
Metroid: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley.
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena.
Kirby: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight.
Pikmin: Olimar.
Animal Crossing: Villager.
Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Wolf.
Punch Out!!: Little Mac.
Pokemon: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo.
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Chrom.
Earthbound/Mother: Ness, Lucas.
Game and Watch: Mr. Game and Watch.
NES: R.O.B.
Ice Clmber: Ice Climbers.
F-Zero: Captain Falcon.
Mii: Mii Fighter.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Shulk.
Third-Party Characters: Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man.

Cut Characters: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake.

Roster Total: 49. (31 Starters, 18 Unlockables.)

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990

It's a pretty safe roster I guess. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think ROB will be cut. I don't think Mewtwo, Roy, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Wolf, Ike or Lucas will be coming back for this one. Ivysaur, squirtle and Mewtwo seem unlikely because I think 5 reps is the absolute max Sakurai will give to a series, and without transformations Ivy and Squirtle will be considered separate characters. Lucas is from a Japan only game for a series with not much relevance, so two reps seems unlikely. Snake seems unlikely for legal stuff. Ike will get replaced by the current lord, Chrom. Wolf will but cut for similar reasons to Lucas (minus the region stuff).

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
My Roster.png

The only characters I cut were Wolf, Ike, and Snake. I kept all of the trainer's Pokemon. I brought Mallo and Dillon in as reps for the eshop games. Paper Mario and Bowser Jr added to the Mario series. Paper Mario is a personal want. Bowser Jr seems likely as an unlockable semi-clone of his dad. Dixie and K. Rool added for the DK series. Realistically, I think Dixie has a better shot of the two. Speaking of villains, I want Porky too. Lip seems like a cool out-there character to have. Palutena will be in, as will Pac-Man. I also want Rayman in. Ubisoft is still somewhat on Nintendo's corner still, right? And I want Ridley.

I originally had Alph from Pikmin 3 in here. But with Olimar using winged Pikmin for his recovery, I think Alph isn't needed. I also originally didn't cut anyone from Brawl. But Snake seems unlikely. I expect another Fire Emblem fighter to replace Ike, but I never played the games. Probably Chrom based on what I've read here. But I don't know. I'd probably cut either Mallo or Dillon for him if needed.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Mario-Kirby-Captain Falcon-Jigglypuff-Ness-Luigi-Donkey Kong-Fox-Yoshi-Samus-Link-Pikachu

Peach-Bowser-Zelda-Shiek-Ganondorf-Falco-Marth-Mr. Game & Watch-Ice Climbers

Wolf-Pit-Zero Suit Samus-King Dedede-Meta Knight-Diddy Kong-Toon Link-Lucas-Sonic-Olimar-Wario

Little Mac-Villager-Wii Fit Trainer-Mega Man-Shulk-Palutena-Chrom-Robin-Charizard-Greninja-[Insert random Bandai Namco character]-Takamaru-Rosalina-Mii-Krystal

Shrek-Bigley-Hatty-Cory Baxter-Reggie-Lemon-Goku-Ridley

Last edited:

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384

I believe the maximum number of representatives a series should have is 5, only belonging to the Big 3 (Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon) and the two Nintendo Eras (Modern and Retro). Also, red equals unlockable.

Super Mario - All characters confirmed.
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi will remain the only rep.
WarioWare - Wario will remain the only rep.
Donkey Kong Country - King K. Rool joins the fray due to popularity and the need for bad guys.
Legend of Zelda - Sheik being separated removes the need for a newcomer. Ganondorf gets a new moveset.
Pokemon - Jigglypuff is the only character left to be announced. Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut. I don't see Mewtwo coming back as much as I love him.
Kirby - No newcomers, Sakurai has stated that he doesn't want to over represent his own characters.
Earthbound - Ness returns with the original 12, Lucas stays.
F-Zero - Black Shadow is the newcomer, inherits Ganondorf's original moveset,
Metroid - ZSS being separated removes the need for a newcomer.
Modern Nintendo - Villager (Animal Crossing), Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit), Captain Olimar (Pikmin), Isaac (Golden Sun), Ray (Custom Robo)
Franchises that have originated in the GameCube/GBA and Wii/DS generations. Collectively represent Nintendo's modern era.
Retro Nintendo - Pit (Kid Icarus), Little Mac (Punch-Out), Ice Climbers (Ice Climber), R.O.B. (Gyromite), Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
Franchises that have originated before the GameCube/GBA generation. Collectively represent Nintendo's retro era. No newcomer for Kid Icarus due to the same reason as no Kirby newcomer.
Star Fox - Krystal joins the previous 3 characters. Wolf and Falco aren't removed due to the ability to make them unique.
Fire Emblem - Roy and Ike join Marth. No Chrom because I don't know.
3rd Party/Guest - Sonic (SEGA), MegaMan (Capcom), Pac-Man (Bandai Namco), and Snake (Konami)
Pac-Man is the most fitting of BN's characters. Snake returns due to his status as the first guest.

Newcomers (12):
Rosalina & Luma
King K. Rool
Greninja
Black Shadow
Krystal
Ray
Isaac
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
MegaMan
Pac-Man

Returning from Melee (1):
Roy

Total Count - 50 (30 Starter, 20 Unlockable)

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

Alright. So. This is my current roster until we get some more information on this game.

On the left is who is currently confirmed for SSB4.

Right of that is the list of people who haven't been confirmed... the ones with a green border are the ones who I'm pretty we'll see back since they have signs of themselves already in the game such as items, stages, assist trophies, enemies, etc. Yellow borders are guys who I can see them kicking out of the game if they have to.

Next to that is a list of people I highly suspect will be in the game but haven't been announced. The wrestler could also be the choir boys. These are based on the leaks essentially and a few hints Sakurai has given us. Ridely's shadow moved in a strangely character-like way and not like a boss. So I have a feeling he should be in. Everyone else has just been involved in the more believable leaks.

And lastly, with the red borders, are educated guesses of newcomers. Some are simply just characters I'd like to see like Tails and Medusa, while others I think have a pretty good chance of being in, but I have nothing to base it on other than just personal wishes or the fact that they've had recent outings....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

-Tails or Knuckles or anything have been in fighting games before and are very popular characters, being Sonic's best friends, so I can see them in smash bros... but I assume Sega only gets ONE character so... probably a no.
-Medusa is a villain and female, which is something Sakurai has expressed interest in adding to the roster (villains and female characters) and she's been in two of Pit's games. Plus if Palutena is in the game, Medusa is her sister and sibling rivalries aren't unseen in smash bros (Mario and Luigi). Although she's usually in the form of a giant so I can see her being an AT or stage hazard that stands in the back and attacks everyone.
-Fluff has a unique art style and could share a niche with G&W in the art department, and he represents one of Kirby's more critically acclaimed games. But it was a one time game/character so I can see him not getting in.
-Bandana Dee is DDD's right hand man. He's been playable in KRtDL and has a role in his upcoming game as a friend. However he's kind of generic looking and isn't representative of the franchise, so I wouldn't put all my money on him. It probably wouldn't be Bandana Dee and Prince Fluff so I'd say one or the other or neither.
-And finally Chibi-Robo. He has his own franchise and even had a downloadable game come out on 3DS recently. Seems like a shoe-in. However he's not really heard of and has some similarities with R.O.B. visually and thematically, so he could just be AT material.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

If about 2-4 people get cut and I get a few predictions incorrect, the roster would be around the magical 49 or 50 number that everyone seems to predict the game having. I tried to avoid too many crazy 3rd party characters and tried to think of some characters that were relevant, well liked, popular, or had potentially original artstyle/movesets. It would have been wise to think of some potential clone characters though. They always include some most likely due to time constraints.

Last edited:

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
aliensalmonrosterv2.png

This is mine that I posted in GameFAQs a while back. The Fire Emblem symbol is a placeholder for whatever Fire Emblem character is appropriate.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Update:
-------------------------- 6.18.14 ---------------------------------
Due to the official design of the CSS being revealed, I don't think it's worth the effort to hand make my rosters, I will instead use the Roster Maker.

Red denotes unlockables.

-------------------------- 5.23.14 ---------------------------------
Reduced size, Paper Mario, Chrom, Mach Rider, Krystal cut, Pac-Man added.

-------------------------- 5.13.14 ---------------------------------
Nothing has changed, except I cut Lucina for Anna, who I now see to be an ideal choice for FE newcomer.

-------------------------- 4.24.14 ---------------------------------

I'm posting this roster because I probably will never change it. I might upload the previous ones as well.

rostertemp.PNG

Edit: Why did this get so many likes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Dream-ish roster, Mew is there because I'd prefer Mew over Mewtwo, and Jeff is there because adding Kumatora doesn't sound logical considering Earthbound got another release, Dixie is there because I'd prefer her over King K. Roids.

u no it 2 b tru

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario: Mario (dr mario skin) DK Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina and Luma
Yoshi: Yoshi
DK: DK, Diddy Kong, King K Rool.
Wario: Wario
Paper Mario: Paper Mario (plus paper luigi skin. (Paper Mario would be representing another mario spin off, similar to Yoshi wario and DK.
Zelda: Link, Zelda, Shiek, Toon Link, Ganondonk
Pokemon: Pikachu, , Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Mewtwo (Mewtwo is hella popular and Sceptile would complete the Fire, water, grass triangle and would represent the rumored gen 3 games and I think if jigglypuff was returning, she would've bee revealed by now.)
Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
Kirby: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee
Fire Emblem: Marth (with lucina skin) Ike, Chrom
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Mother/earthbound: Ness, (ninten skin) Lucas(masked man skin)
Pikmin:Olimar(Louie, Alph, Brittany skins)
Ice Climber: Ice Climbers
Punch Out: Little Mac(wireframe, track suit skins)
Wii fit:Wft (male skin)
Animal Crossing: villager (male skin)
Golden sun:Issac
Hardware: Mr Game and watch, R.O.B
Others: chibi-robo, Mii, Shulk, excite biker (I really want this and he was rumored to be planned for melee but Sakurai couldn't figure out how to make him fight on a bike all the time)
3rd party: Sonic, Megaman
I Only cut snake and jigglypuff (unless I missed someone) the character is 53 (
K
If somebody can make this for me because I'm on my phone, that'd be great!

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
My roster.

I have my doubts about paper mario, ridley, the fox clones, mewtwo, a rhythm heaven character, isaac, andy and snake being in the game, so I put them in red borders. I also put the mii on the character list even though I despise the thought of mii being a character. Everything else seems about right to me.

plz bring back Snake. I'm begging you Sakurai.

EDIT: I think I attached the picture wrong. sue me

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

Sal leak + Dixie. This matches up with both Sal and the RosalinaX leak. If this is the roster, then my icon placement has a good chance of being accurate.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Here's my roster prediction... Although I'm still holding out for King K. Rool and Ridley (even though the latter isn't looking likely at this point in time). I'm assuming the Gematsu leaks are legitimate and I kept the roster at a realistic 48 character cap.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
My roster prediction as of 6/3/14:

upload_2014-6-3_21-4-43.png

- The "?" icon is for some sort of weird WTF?! character, like Miis or a character from some obscure Nintendo series.

- The only thing about this roster that I'm not too sure about is the absence of Jigglypuff. Still, I have a good feeling about the accuracy of these predictions.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
SSB4 Roster Prediction.png

Characters: 49 (Probably will be 44-50 in game)

Veterans: 34 (counting Charizard)

Newcomers: 15 (Rosaluma, 9-Volt, Greninja, Ridley, Paletuna, Prince Fluff, Rhythm Heaven [yes, I jumped on the bandwagon], Chrom, Taka, Isaac, Villager, Lil' Mac, WFT, Rock, and Pac Man)

Dropped: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Mewtwo, Dr Mario, ROB, Snake, Lucas

Alternate Character Suggestions: Ridley -> Rundas, Anthony
Jigglypuff -> Mewtwo
9-Volt -> Mona, K. Rool
Isaac, Takamaru -> Shulk (never played Xenoblade, so I have no point of reference) or Roy
Rhythm Heaven or Random -> ROB
Prince Fluff or Wolf -> Lucas
Taka -> any retro character
Wolf -> Krystal
Pac Man, Random -> Snake (doubtful)

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I can't make pretty pictures like everyone else so I'll use icons instead.
Here's my 45 character prediction roster:
Mario::mario2::luigi2::bowser2::4peach::rosalina:
Zelda: :4link::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda::ganondorf:
Pokémon::jigglypuff::4charizard::4greninja::4pikachu::4lucario::mewtwopm:
Dk::4diddy::4dk:Dixie
Fire Emblem: :4marth::ike:Chrom
Kid Icarus: :4pit: Palutena
Kirby: :kirby2::metaknight::dedede:
Star fox: :fox::wolf:
Earthbound::ness2:
Metroid::zerosuitsamus::samus2:
Series retaining only 1 rep: :falcon::gw::rob::olimar::sonic::wario::4yoshi:
New series with 1 rep: :4megaman::4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit: Pac-Man
Cuts: :popo::lucas::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::falco:

If it's a 50 character roster (which I think is far more likely), add in :popo::falco: as well as Ghirahim/Vaati, Miis, and Isaac.

Edit: 7/21/2014
Time for a complete reversal in predictions! It's kinda fun to look back and see just how badly you screwed up with predictions. :)

Mario::mario2::luigi2::bowser2::4peach::rosalina:
Zelda: :4link::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda::ganondorf:
Pokémon::jigglypuff::4charizard::4greninja::4pikachu::4lucario::mewtwopm:
Dk::4diddy::4dk:
Fire Emblem: :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
Kid Icarus: :4pit: :4palutena:
Kirby: :kirby2::metaknight::4dedede:
Star fox: :fox::wolf::falco:
Earthbound::ness2::lucas:
Metroid::zerosuitsamus::samus2:
Series retaining only 1 rep: :4falcon::gw::rob::olimar::sonic::wario::4yoshi:
New series with 1 rep::4mii: :4megaman::4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit: :4pacman: Isaac Shulk Marshall
Cuts: :popo::pt::ivysaur::squirtle::snake:

A 50 character roster without additional clones, since I'm clueless as to who would be a clone. I'm sticking by my decision to cut Ice Climbers until it's confirmed otherwise.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

Dream Roster considering 4 cuts and most of Gematsu's leak being correct, where Red borders mean unlockable. This is under the assumption that the Gematsu leak is mostly correct, but Miis can **** right off. They turned out to be an AT or the new Multi Man Melee or whatever. My roster assumes 4 cuts in Falco, Roster, Ivysaur, and Squirtle. Mewtwo returns. 16 newcomers. Mostly fan service newcomers, since all the really necessary fighters were in Brawl. Excitebiker as the new retro rep because if Villager gets a new lease on life, maybe he does too.

Overall, this is what I'm going to hope happens unless deconfirmations occur or non-shown fighters are confirmed.

Edit: FINE SAKURAI NO WONDERFUL 101 WONDERFULLNESS.

Attachments

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
This isn't my OFFICIAL fan made roster, because there are some faults I made while creating this. Faults such as adding Dixie Kong instead of someone else. (which I can't remember) But I need to start writing things down before I go with the get-go. But I'll wait to do another one, heading towards more official, everything but the pictures in this roster was done by me. ^_^

Edit: Also, just in my opinion ( remember that my opinion doesn't stand out to make me correct. lol ) I hate when I just look at rosters and they have less New Comers than Brawl. When I write down my rosters, the first thing I do is return all characters and then cut of my choice, then I try to See how many New Comers I can fit in there, and if I can't get enough, then I cut more people to stay realistic. All in all though, my roster is around 52 characters, and the reason for this is because of the cut transformations of three other character which would make it be 49.

If you want an explanation on a character I cut, let me know and I'll get back to you. ^_^

5/5/2014

This is kinda a roster I messed up it, but I honestly hope everyone likes it. ^_^

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Not sure if mine post follows the rules of this thread or not, but I have a minor prediction. Please be aware that I am making this prediction based on logic, not personal preference or bias.

Anyhow...

Assuming Smash 4's roster has the same format as Brawl's, and assuming each franchise has a maximum limit of five playable characters, I predict there will be between 40 to 45 playable characters in Smash 4. So far, there are 29 revealed characters. Here is a list of currently unconfirmed Brawl veterans:

Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Wario
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
R.O.B./Robot
Meta Knight
Falco
Wolf
Ike
Lucas
Game & Watch
Solid Snake

Add those, and we have 43 characters. Now, it is totally possible that some of these characters were cut, but I am running this prediction under the assumption that either none of them were cut, or some got replaced with a newcomer.

(45 / 5) == 9. So, that is nine columns, five in each column.

|_||_||_||_||_||_||_||_||_|

Now, assuming Jigglypuff and Ganondorf return, and assuming the Mario franchise gets no more characters, that is five Mario characters, five Zelda characters, and five Pokémon characters. Now, let us fill in those empty slots...

M == Mario character
Z == Zelda character
P == Pokémon character
U == Unconfirmed veterans, excluding Jigg & Ganon (12)
C == Confirmed veterans or newcomers, excluding M, Z, and P characters. (16)
E == Empty/Unaccounted for (2)

|M||Z||P||U||U||U||C||C||C|
|M||Z||P||U||U||U||C||C||C|
|M||Z||P||U||U||C||C||C||C|
|M||Z||P||U||U||C||C||C||E|
|M||Z||P||U||U||C||C||C||E|

Now, the question is whether some of those "U's" will be replaced or removed completely. One of the E's could become a "Random" slot. I am NOT going to say whom I think will or will not be returning, as I would rather keep the viewpoint of this post detached and logical. However, frankly, it is possible one or more of them did get cut. How many of them were cut could dictate how many more newcomers we will get.

That all being said, it is possible we might get even MORE than 45 characters. In the end, we will not know until the game comes out or the final roster is eventually leaked. Nevertheless, I just thought I would get these thoughts off mine chest.

[EDIT] Whoops, I made a careless mathematical error. It is fixed now.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Here is my dream Roster guys!

I tried to create a roster that could satisfy the masses. I personally believe that 54 is a believable number for Smash 4 considering Brawl had 39. 18 of those being newcomers. I am not sure if the 3DS could handle so many characters though. I wanted to add Bomberman but I can't squeeze him in without having to cut a nintendo character.

Cuts From Brawl:
Squirtle - I don't see squirtle being a stand alone pokemon.
Ivysaur - See Squirtle
Snake - Konami now owns Hudsons IP's. f Konami gets a rep again I would prefer Bomberman.

Mewtwo returns from Melee.

Other Notes:
- I genuinely believe that Robin/Tactician is the new FE rep this time. This is the first time were a lord really has a character that is a threat to them being represented in a large way. Robin represents everything that has yet to be represented for FE in Smash.
- I only have Ridley in because I can't see Sakurai trolling his fans all this time only to finally reveal he is not a player character. If he is not revealed by E3 I will likely drop him for Bomberman
- I obviously do not believe the Sal leaks
- I believe that if Paper Mario got in, he would represent the Paper Mari franchise and not the vanilla Mario one.
- I do not believe we will see many cuts. Sakurai revealed Toon Link extremely early and he still looks kind of cloneish. If he is back, I see no reason why the majority of brawls roster should not be considered.
- I may add a classic character at the expense of someone else
- I'm not much of a fan of K.Rool myself but his inclusion seems like it will happen this time. He would be the perfect new Heavy Weight.
- Up until now, Sakurai has mostly revealed characters people rarely saw coming. I can see him focusing heavily on characters that are in high demand and also using ones that he knows are considered to be now or never.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'll have a go at this
- All newcomers from Gematsu leak (includes Greninja)
- Ghirahim, Rosalina, Isaac, King K. Rool
- Mewtwo
- All characters from Brawl except Snake, Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle, ROB, Wolf, Ike

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Oh, wait, REALISTIC predictions?
M-maybe for Smash 5..?

Blue: Starter
Red: Unlockable
Purple: Late game Unlockable

Last edited:

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Announced Characters:

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Rosalina
  5. Bowser
  6. Yoshi
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Link
  10. Toon Link
  11. Zelda
  12. Sheik
  13. Pikachu
  14. Charizard
  15. Lucario
  16. Greninja
  17. Kirby
  18. King Dedede
  19. Samus
  20. Zero Suit Samus
  21. Fox
  22. Marth
  23. Pit
  24. Olimar
  25. Sonic
  26. Megaman
  27. Villager
  28. Wii Fit Trainer
  29. Little Mac
E3 Announcement - 4 veterans, 2 newcomers:

Veterans -
  1. Meta Knight
  2. Wario
  3. Lucas
  4. Ice Climbers
Newcomers -
  1. Ridley
  2. Pac-Man
Unlockable Veterans:
  1. Jigglypuff
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Captain Falcon
  4. Ganondorf
  5. Falco
  6. Wolf
  7. R.O.B.
  8. Mr. Game and Watch
  9. Ness
Unlockable Newcomers -
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Chrom
  3. Shulk
  4. Mach Rider
  5. Chibi-Robo (my troll pick :substitute:)
DLC (between 3DS and Wii U with the bonus of choosing Wii U being that you get the downloadable characters between the releases for free):
  1. Roy
  2. Ike
  3. Sceptile (timed for the Hoenn remakes' release)
  4. Pichu (easy clone to add, a veteran, and gives Johto/baby Pokemon a rep)
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. Bowser Jr.
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Mii (with special customization aspects)
  9. Tetra (mix of the planned Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik planned for brawl with a pirate based moveset)
  10. Snake
  11. Medusa (female villain + more Kid Icarus=YES)
With 5 before Wii U, and 6 after, this should hopefully tide over fans between Smash 4 & 5. However, I don't know who exactly would be DLC or how many there would be, but 60 is probably the high end of how many characters could be there overall.

I tried to pick downloadables that are clones, cut Brawl/Melee vets, or highly anticipated newcomers that were planned to be SSB4 but couldn't get finished on time

Other options for DLC:
  1. Ivysaur
  2. Squirtle
  3. Plusle and Minun (planned for SSBB so they're a possiblity)
  4. Ghiralham
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Chorus Men (seem too offbeat for a fighting game, but I wouldn't mind getting them)

5/10/2014

Oh, wait, REALISTIC predictions?
M-maybe for Smash 5..?

Blue: Starter
Red: Unlockable
Purple: Late game Unlockable
75 characters would be amazing... won't happen until Smash 5 + DLC but still! if I had 75 characters... (hypothetical Smash 5, possibly Smash 4 if there's tons of DLC)

Mario:
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach (moveset is revamped slightly)
  4. Rosalina
  5. Toad
  6. Bowser
  7. Kamek
  8. Petey Piranha
  9. King Boo (9)
Yoshi:
  1. Yoshi (10)
WarioWare:
  1. Wario (11)
Donkey Kong:
  1. Donkey Kong
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. King K. Rool (15)
Legend of Zelda:
  1. Link/Wolf Link (Final Smash)
  2. Zelda
  3. Sheik
  4. Ganon
  5. Vaati
  6. Ghiralham
  7. Tingle (22)
Pokemon:
  1. Pikachu (Mascot)
  2. Jigglypuff (Fairy type)
  3. Charizard (Final level starter/fire type)
  4. Mewtwo (Pokemon villain)
  5. Togepi (baby Pokemon/Johto region) - Togetic/Togekiss as Final Smash transformation possibly
  6. Grovyle (2nd level starter/grass type)
  7. Lucario (legendary Pokemon)
  8. Genesect (5th generation)
  9. Froakie (1st level starter/water type) - (31)
Kirby:
  1. Kirby
  2. King Dedede (new move and Final Smash to replace Waddle Dees)
  3. Meta Knight
  4. Bandana Dee (uses spears) - (35)
Star Fox:
  1. Fox
  2. Falco
  3. Krystal
  4. Wolf (39)
Fire Emblem:
  1. Marth
  2. Ike
  3. Roy
  4. Lyn (43)
Metroid:
  1. Samus
  2. Zero Suit Samus
  3. Ridley (46)
Kid Icarus:
  1. Pit
  2. Pauleta
  3. Medusa (49)
Sonic:
  1. Sonic
  2. Tails
  3. Dr. Eggman (52)
Earthbound:
  1. Ness
  2. Lucas
  3. Giygas (55)
Other 3rd parties:
  1. Megaman
  2. Snake
  3. Pac-Man (58)
Retro:
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. R.O.B.
  3. Mr. Game and Watch
  4. Mach Rider
  5. Takamara
  6. Duck Hunt Dog (64)
Animal Crossing:
  1. Tom Nook
  2. Villager (66)
F-Zero:
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Black Shadow (68) - gets Ganondorf's build/moveset
Pikmin:
  1. Olimar (69)
Wii:
  1. Mii
  2. Wii Fit Trainer (71)
PunchOut:
  1. Little Mac (72)
Xenoblade:
  1. Shulk (73)
Golden Sun:
  1. Issac (74)
Chibi-Robo:
  1. Chibi-Robo (75)

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

55 characters prediction based in the trophy quiz theory and in the sal leak.. But it's more a dream roster to me. I'd love it. The last character is Marshal.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

My flexible 49 character roster prediction (plus random slot).

Earthbound slot is a tossup. I could not reason out any single Mother character that has the greatest chance of making it. Heck, even Lucas could remain. Point is, I see two Mother reps.

Pokemon slot is a tossup. I see this slot going three ways: Jigglypuff (mostly since I don't see any of the original 12 being cut, but it's not impossible), Mewtwo, and Grovyle/Sceptile (because a fire and water starter has already been confirmed).

As for the rest of the question mark slots, they're ALL tossups. However, they're organized specifically with reason:

*The slot underneath Meta Knight could go a few ways:

1) Another retro character (most probable; I could see some retro characters fitting in, such as Takamaru, Lip, and Mike Jones).

2) Another Kirby character (I honestly don't see this happening, but I do not deny the possibility).

3) Any other character that would have a chance at making it.

*The slot underneath Krystal could go a few ways:

1) A fourth Star Fox character (which would most likely be Wolf, since he has been in Brawl).

2) Another retro character (mentioned above too).

3) Another Pokemon character (although this would require the roster to be re-organized, probably).

4) Any other character that would have a chance at making it.

*The slot underneath Sonic serves one purpose:

1) Another third party character (I see 3 third party characters in the next Smash. Who is the third? I don't know. I don't feel like it will be Pac-Man though, as I feel he will be one of the S-flag assist trophies. Charizard is seen in one of the pictures holding up the S-flag like an assist trophy. This is probably where the Galaga Ships come from too).

*The slot above the random slot could be anything:

1) Seriously, this slot could be re-organized to fit an additional character to any of these franchises, if needed. It could be an additional retro or third party character. Hell, Reggie could be in it too. I don't know. Point is, this slot is open to any possible character.

CUTS:

-Snake
-R.O.B.
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Ike
-Wolf (POSSIBLY -- SEE KRYSTAL BELOW)
-Lucas (POSSIBLY -- SEE EARTHBOUND SLOT MENTIONING ABOVE)

Characters I've Debated Myself For Including:

-- King K. Rool: Personally, this slot is either going to be King K. Rool or Dixie Kong. I feel King K. Rool has a higher chance at making it as a playable character over Dixie Kong, given the Kremling appearances in Smash Run and his general popularity. However, Dixie still has a chance to be the third DK representative instead of King K. Rool.

-- Krystal: This slot could either go to Krystal or Wolf. If it came down to a tossup between Wolf and Krystal as the third Star Fox rep, I feel they would choose Krystal under the basis that they're making changes to almost all of their major franchise line-ups in the roster (so far). I don't feel they will keep it simply the same. This is the NEXT SMASH BROTHERS. I also don't feel they will cut one for keeping two characters for Star Fox, as that would be a step backwards. I don't feel that they'll cut a Star Fox character under the relevance rule either (if that rule even exists). Also, Falco has seniority over Wolf, and Wolf could easily be given the "Roy/Mewtwo" treatment, meaning he has "had a chance at Smash, so why not give another character a chance?" This corresponds with arguments in favor of fresh/different and new characters rather than repeats (even if said repeated characters could get revamped; probably would see a new character over a revamped one, unless they're setting up the possibility of seniority, like in Falco's case). Lastly, I honestly believe Retro's secret project is a new Star Fox game. Some Metroid fans would argue that the Star Fox franchise had a more recent installment (Star Fox 64 3D, 3 years ago, in 2011) than the Metroid franchise (Metroid: Other M, 4 years ago, in 2010). Yes, this is true. However, Star Fox 3D is a remake, not a new installment. Star Fox's last new installment was 8 years ago, in 2006 (Star Fox Command). It's time for Retro to live up to their name and revive another franchise (Star Fox), and to reveal it at the 2014 E3 (which would be the perfect time to announce Krystal, and could actually point to the Star Fox franchise having 4 representatives, including Wolf). This plays into the unexpected hype building, as it could be viewed as left-field by many who suspect a lack of a new Star Fox game at E3.

Retro might not be working on Star Fox at all. According to this leak of Nintendo's Digital 2014 E3 event, Platinum Studios could be working on a Star Fox title:

http://gameotakublog.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/leaked-nintendo-digital-event-2014/

Interestingly enough, the leak also claims that all fighters and stages will be revealed at E3. I am very skeptical of this leak, though. There appears to be some inconsistencies with pre-existing knowledge regarding the release date of X and Tomodachi Life.

-- Lucina: This one is simple. It will either go to Chrom or Lucina. In all honesty, I could not reason between the two. Lucina is not included because I reasoned her out over Chrom. She's there for filler.

-- Mii: This one is a potential tossup. Instead of Mii, it could be another Pokemon character (5-6 reps for Pokemon, but I actually see 6 as a high possibility since there were 6 total playable Pokemon in Brawl, if you include the Pokemon trainer's Pokemon individually). It could be Reggie (given his popularity and special treatment during the Nintendo E3 announcement [hell, there was a human theoretically portrayed as controlling Reggie during the Smash-focused E3 announcement]). Yes, I know, it's a Mega64 video and I shouldn't take it seriously. But, what if Reggie was announced as a playable character during his "hosting of the Smash Invitational". It would be left-field to the fans, thus creating MASSIVE hype, as evidenced by the large support for the Reggie petition. Other than that, it could be any other possible character, much like the slot above the random slot. Point is, it could be any character other than Mii; it does not have to be Mii.

The following is in the case of DLC, my maximum 59 character flexible roster (if no DLC exists in the next Smash, consider this my dream roster). The unknown spaces follow the same rules as above.

I actually could see something like this happening, however a stretch it might be. Pokemon could easily get six reps, seeing as how Brawl had six different Pokemon to play as, counting the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon individually. Technically, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard were each different models with their own animations, as opposed to the Ice Climbers, who share each other's shape + animations. Why would Pokemon go back to 5 reps if they had technically 6 in Brawl? We're counting animated bodies here, not just roster spaces. Brawl had 39 animated bodies, if you count Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon. Also, if Pokemon might get 6 in SSB4, why can't Mario or Zelda? This allows two franchises having 3 reps to balance out the 6 rows vertically, assuming they have viable characters to pitch (with the exception of Star Fox and Kirby, since they had 3 each in Brawl).

*The slot underneath Zero Suit Samus could go three ways:

1) A third Metroid character (most likely).

2) A second F-Zero character (least likely; Captain Falcon would go above this character if this happens).

*The slot underneath Palutena could go a three ways:

1) Any other character that would have a chance at making it. (most likely, since Kid Icarus and Pikmin only have one rep each as it currently stands).

2) A third Kid Icarus character.

3) A third Pikmin character.

*The Fire Emblem slot could go three ways:

1) Chrom.

2) Lucina.

3) Chrom + Lucina duo. (I don't see this happening, personally).

*The slot underneath Sonic serves one purpose:

1) Another third party character (I see 3-4 third party characters in the next Smash in the case of DLC. Who is the third? I don't know. I don't feel like it will be Pac-Man though, as I feel he will be one of the S-flag assist trophies. Charizard is seen in one of the pictures holding up the S-flag like an assist trophy. This is probably where the Galaga Ships come from too).

*The Kirby slot could go two ways:

1) A fourth Kirby character.

2) Any other character that would have a chance at making it.

*The Gyromite slot is reserved for one purpose:

1) Another retro character. (NOT Gyromite-oriented, FYI).

*The slot above the Random slot would go one way:

1) Any other character that would have a chance at making it.

*The Wario slot could go 2-3 ways:

1) A second Wario character.

2) A second Yoshi character.

*Earthbound slot is a tossup. I could not reason out any single Mother character that has the greatest chance of making it.

Characters I've Debated Myself For Including:

-- Quote: This slot could go to anyone. Quote however has a surprising amount of things going for him, though. Quote is included in this roster because of Dillon's official inclusion as an assist trophy; Dillon is originally from a software download via eShop on the 3DS (the game is called "Dillon's Rolling Western"). If we wanted the perfect eShop and indie game representative, it would be Quote. Arguably the "Mario of indie games", Quote (from Cave Story) has been on 4 different Nintendo ports as software, including Cave Story WiiWare, Cave Story DSiWare, Cave Story on the 3DS eShop, and the hardware retail remake of Cave Story, "Cave Story 3D" on the 3DS. Cave Story even continues to get ports onto Nintendo consoles, as Cave Story just became available in Europe via Nintendo 3DS eShop on May 1st, 2014. It is also thought that Cave Story has been directly referenced in Sakurai's own recent game, Kid Icarus: Uprising.

-- Quote (continued): Quote would also be a perfect left-field character that very little would expect, but many would enjoy (if brought into his full potential). By the way, need I also mention that it's Cave Story's 10th anniversary this year? Yes, the original Cave Story was released 10 years ago this December.

-- R.O.B.: It's either going to be R.O.B., or another retro character in this slot. Most likely having R.O.B. cut in favor of the new retro character. I feel that R.O.B. was a one-hit-wonder in Brawl fated to never appear as a character again.

-- Grovyle: This one is very interesting. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were announced to release this November worldwide. Now look at the Pokemon on the SSB4 roster closely. Notice anything? Greninja is a water type starter and Charizard is a fire type starter. I don't think Mewtwo will be returning after all. I think we will be getting a grass type starter instead to "complete the trifecta". It will most likely be Sceptile instead of Grovyle, since Greninja and Charizard are their final forms. This one could easily be announced at E3, as they delve deeper into the ruby/sapphire remakes.

CUTS:

-Snake
-R.O.B. (POTENTIALLY -- SEE ABOVE IN R.O.B. SLOT EXPLANATION)
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur

A big point going against this potential post-DLC roster is the information Sakurai released a while back, stating that they simply don't have enough time to bring many vets from Brawl back. In other words, there could be more cuts than the ones mentioned above.

A final thought on the amount of reps a franchise can have:

On another thread Shadow312 mentioned something interesting regarding franchise representation:

I don't think a particular series deserves a certain amount of reps. Some of these series have singular characters that are the only ones popular enough to be considered. I don't know much about Metroid, but all I ever see is Samus (obv) and Ridley requested from it. I'm assuming that those two are the only main popular characters in the franchise. It just so happens Starfox is a game with a cast of characters that are a team, and all of them carry fanbases. So why can't there be 4 Starfox characters? I'm not saying I think there will be, and I'm not saying I think there won't be. It's impossible for us to know the true details of character selection.
I have to agree with this. The amount of characters for representation of a franchise only applies to the "Big 3", in my opinion (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon). Every other franchise depends on character viability, beyond just simple popularity. Although, popularity does play a role in inclusion.

Lastly, I'm not going to mention unlockables, hence why I kept the roster non-colored. Hopefully they make the unlocking process enjoyable.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Who I believe will be in. First detached row are toss up characters, bottom row are cuts.
Waddle ya'll think?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
My roster has some wishful thinking, but I'd be surprised to see anything outside of my overall prediction.
Roster Size 54 (44-49 most likely)
(All Newcomer/ question symbols are deductible. -16)
(54 in my prediction, +/- 3 for wild cards) (-3 included in -16)
(38-57 roster size extremes) (44-49 a more focused range)

Roster Predictions
3DS Roster.png

(My ideas for the Newcomers/ Question Marks on my roster.)
1.Paper Mario
2.King K. Rool
3.Palutena
4.Sceptile
5.Mewtwo
6.Vaati
7.Ridley
8.Black Shadow
9.Krystal
10.Ike
11.Chrom
12.Isaac
13.Dillon
14.Shulk
15.Dig Dug
16.???
Cut 15, 16, 13, 12, and 8 to achieve 49.

Thought Process

1. Either a 6th Mario rep, 2nd Yoshi or Wario rep, or different spinoff rep. Best guess, Bowser Jr or Paper Mario.
2. 3rd DK rep. Either King K. Rool or Dixie.
3. 2nd Kid Icarus rep. Most likely Palutena.
4. Fully evolved grass starter (replacement for Ivysaur). Sceptile makes the most sense, especially if we get Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
5. 6th PKMN rep being a veteran. Jiggs or Mewtwo. Likey, Jiggs. Could get both and no grass starter. That'd kill my OCD.
6. If Mario and PKMN get 6 reps, Zelda should too. Vaati deserves the spot most. Ghirahim and Demise can suck it. Tingle should never be playable.
7. 3rd Metroid rep. Ridley is all but confirmed a boss. Holding on to hope. Otherwise, Sylux or Anthony.
8. F-Zero or Earthbound will have two reps. I doubt both. Lucas could return, or F-Zero could get Black Shadow. Could play like Ganondorf does now if Ganondorf gets a much needed make over.
9. Starfox I'm up in the air. Wolf most likely of the three to get cut. Krystal a likely candidate. Doubt we'll see 4 reps.
10 and 11. Fire Emblem, I'm unsure if Ike will return, but I think they could get 3 reps. Chrom, Ike, Roy returning, or many others could get these spots. Though I don't see them bringing Roy and Ike back and not having a newcomer.
12. I think another assist trophy will be promoted. Saki and Isaac made the most sense. Saki was shown as an assist again.
13 and 14. Wild Cards. These account for any character I didn't really mention (Miis and Chorus Men, mentioning those). Though I'm giving them to E- Shop and Project Rainfall characters. Dillon and Shulk.
15. Namco rep. Popularity says Pacman or Lloyd Irving. I say Dig Dug.
16. Third Party Wild Card. Likely Konami. Snake could return, could get Simon. Travis Touchdown or Bayonetta aren't totally out of the question. Wonder Red also makes sense. Banjo Kazooie is my dead-dream character... Or Sega could get a 2nd rep. Popularity says Shadow, which overlaps with my promoted assist trophy prediction, however I'd prefer Billy Hatcher.

The Expendables (Possible Cuts)
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Ike, Ice Climbers, ROB, G&W, Wario, Meta Knight, and Jiggs

seem to be the most cuttable. (In that order)

-The two PKMN seem to be gone being that transforming is scrapped and Charizard is in.
-Snake is an odd misfit of a third party.
-Lucas is too much of a clone.
-Wolf, see Lucas.
-Ike's unique moveset would be a shame to scrap. Though they may follow suit after the Roy cut.
-Ice Climbers were technically difficult at first, though their polar bear has been shown. Plus seniority.
-ROB is thought to be a WTF character, though he has a unique moveset and represents hardware. (As do G&W and Wii Fit Trainer)
-G&W see ROB, plus seniority.
-Wario feels like another Mario rep though given his own series. Probably not leaving.
-Meta Knight, could be cut if they absolutely need to, last resort, but I don't foresee that happening.
-Jiggs is part of the untouchable, original, ever-so-holy 12, but if they do cut one of them, cut Jigglypuff.

5/15/2014

My updated roster. 50 characters. Expecting at least 45.

Attachments

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
My bet
Ridley, KKR, Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, 6th mario and zelda character
Mewtwo returns
Pacman is the last 3rd party newcomer and takamaru is our retro

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
My roster of 55 characters. Blue is default. Red is hidden characters that need to be unlocked. Though some characters could possibly go either way like maybe Chrom and Palutena. (Kind of predicting those 2 get shown at E3 as default.)
I hope you like it. I tried to get a somewhat realistic roster of characters likely to appear, using a mix of characters from newer up to date games/series and old retro games and based on fan demand.
SSB4 Wishlist Roster.png

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
5/20/14:
Below is my more realistic prediction of what the full roster will be. It's not really what I'm hoping for, but I think it's probably fairly accurate.

Realistic Roster Prediction:
upload_2014-5-20_14-47-45.png

The ? icon is for some sort of obscure or unpredictable character (in the vein of R.O.B, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.) or for something like Miis.

5/20/14:
Below is my more optimistic prediction of what the full roster will be. This one has a larger number of characters than I think will probably be in the game, but it's still somewhat realistic. I suppose it's my prediction of more of my dream roster (while still trying to be as realistic as possible.)

Optimistic Roster Prediction:
upload_2014-5-20_15-4-18.png

The ? icon is for some sort of obscure or unpredictable character (in the vein of R.O.B, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.) or for something like Miis.

Differences between this roster prediction and the one above it:
- Ike added
- Lucas added
- Ridley added
- Medusa added
- Shulk added
- King K. Rool instead of Dixie Kong
- Chrom/Lucina tag-team instead of solo Chrom
- Mewtwo instead of Jigglypuff
- 49 characters instead of 44 characters

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
And here it is. My officially unofficial dream wish prediction roster of playable characters for SSB4, with a 50 slot version, and a 55 slot version. Enjoy with caution, overanalyzation may induce severe rage.

50 SLOT ROOSTER :gova:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi
Wario
Link