• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
4/9/2014

Well, after the Direct yesterday I made my newest wish roster, which is full with characters who will not make the cut. But I kind of believe in this characters. Well, to me at least they all make sense.

I made some cuts to the Brawl roster which are Snake (Kojima stated he would likely not return and I guess that's it) and Squirtle and Ivysaur (I see Squirtle kind of replaced with Greninja and I'm not sure, if we get another Grass Type Pokemon playable).

- King K. Rool: The Kremlings in Smash Run made his appearance more likely for me and also he would be more unique than Dixie Kong. Maybe he would not be as unique as Rosalina or Megaman, but he has many fans all over the world.

- Ridley: While we saw something like a deconfirmation yesterday, there is something odd with his appearance and Sakurai's strange hints. I would not count him off yet.

- Palutena: I guess there is nothing to say here. Still wonder why she is not confirmed yet.

- Mewtwo: While many think that Greninja destroyed Mewtwo in Smash 4, I think nothing changed. Pokemon always had the most reps in Smash Bros. Just because Mario and Zelda only have five reps, it does not mean Pokemon can not have more than five. On the other hand, seven are maybe a bit too much.

- Sceptile: I like the idea of another Starter Pokemon with Grass Type and I think Sceptile would be the only one left. He would be like Ivysaur in Brawl. While Greninja would be a fast combo fighter and Charizard would be a powerhouse, Sceptile would be the allrounder of the three Pokemon.

- Robin: Fire Emblem is big enough to have three reps by now and everything would be better than another sword fighter with blue hair. Maybe they could use the save file from Fire Emblem Awakening and load your unit so everybody would have his own Avatar in the game.

- Sami: Advance Wars needs some love and Sami would be the best for a fighter spot. She looks better when fighting than Andy and Max would be a boring powerhouse character.

- Isaac: Golden Sun also needs some love and since Isaac was not deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy, his chances are pretty good I guess.

- Shulk: While I never played Xenoblade his thread here has some good movesets. He could be an interesting swordsman with some unique features. If there only would be 52 characters, Shulk would be the first one I would kick though.

-Takamaru: I love the idea of him being a much more agile Link with Samurai/Ninja weapons.

- Pacman: Even if Sakurai said that Namco will not get any special treatment I think a Namco Rep ist pretty save and only Pacman can take this spot.

While 53 characters seems pretty much first, it would mean we would get 16 newcomers. And when I think about Brawl having 18 newcomers (the Pokemon Trainer Pokemon are standing alone here as well as ZSS and Shiek) this seems to be a good number.

8/19/2014

Here is my new and final roster. As you can see, it has 54 characters, which are not so unlikely at this point (something between 50 and 55 will be our final number I assume). Without the already confirmed characters, there are six more Newcomers and eleven Veterans. Why six Newcomers? Well, Sakurai said, that we are reaching the bottom of the barrel with Newcomer Trailers, which makes me think we will get one more trailer with two Newcomers and one Veteran, presumably a villain's trailer with Ridley and K. Rool (to increase the hype) and maybe Ganondorf, although every villain Veteran is okay here (Wolf, Mewtwo, Wario etc). And then, like in Brawl there are four Newcomers remaining, who are completely secret and have to be unlocked in the game. The Veterans are all from Brawl without Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle. Snake is probably not making the cut this time and Squirtle and Ivysaur are not really necessary with Charizard alone. Also there are already four 1.Gen Pokemon which is more than enough (never thought i would say that). I don't think Lucas and Wolf will be cut because they are (semi) clones. Makes no sense with Lucina getting a new spot and then cutting two characters that could be considered as clones.

For the Newcomers i chose Ridley and K. Rool (really big names, wanted by many, are generating hype), Shulk (Xenoblade is getting a sequel, was released in America due to fan demand which says a lot about how much people want it to happen, also very popular in Japan), Isaac (Golden Sun has to be in there somewhere. Isaac would have so much potential for moveset and is wanted by many), Ghirahim (although you could take every Zelda Newcomer here, i just think that with Pokemon and Mario having a Newcomer, Zelda has to have one, too) and Medusa (I got that strange feeling we are getting a Pit - Dark Pit semi clone or a Palutena - Medusa semi clone, could be wrong though). Mii Fighters are on the Random Icon because they will be in the Customization menu i think.

And the roster could look like that, considering the 3DS roster will scroll. But you could also make a 9x6 icon roster without problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
7/2/2014

This is my roster predictions, it's 55 characters (Yeah, i know it's' too much)
Red lines is Unlockable characters
Rydley and Porky promoted to playable characters
I wante to put Phoenix Wright and Simon belmont (to replace snake) but i don't think it's gonna happen

7/17/2014

Roster updated with Lucina & Robin, i decided to cut Snake of that, and change some unlockables

3DS:

WIIU:

7/24/2014

Updated my roster, add Ghirahim & Shulk

WiiU

3DS

8/21/2014

Bye Ghirahim, and hello Impa (I'm sure she will be a semi-clone of sheik)

3DS:

WII U:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
8-22-14
Mario Reps::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina:
Donkey Kong reps: :4dk::4diddy:
Legend of Zelda reps: :4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink:
Metroid reps: :4samus::4zss:
Kirby reps: :4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:
Star Fox reps: :4fox::falco::wolf:
Pokémon reps: :4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm:
Fire Emblem reps: :4marth::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm:
Yoshi reps: :4yoshi:
WarioWare reps: :wario:
EarthBound/Mother reps: :ness2::lucas:
Sonic reps: :4sonic:
Since the rest of who I think will be in is too long, I'm listing the rest under "Other".
Other: :4falcon::4littlemac::4megaman::4mii::4olimar::4pacman::4villager::4wiifit::popo::gw::rob::substitute:

The last spot in "Other" goes to Shulk. I honestly don't care for him but I'm pretty sure he's in at this point.

Reasons: Ganondorf- Now that Ghiraham is out of the question, Ganondorf is the only main villain left for LoZ. Falco- Fox's sidekick, a main character in Star Fox. Wolf- Main villain of Star Fox, Smash needs more villains. Jigglypuff- Smash tradition, original 12 rep. Mewtwo- I personally think he will make his return, fans were very disappointed when he didn't come back for Brawl, and they've still wanted him back since. Wario- Almost a guarantee, we have Walugi and Ashley as WarioWare assist trophies, Wario is the only main character to represent WarioWare. Ness- Main EarthBound rep, original 12 rep. Lucas- I think it's fair that EarthBound gets 2 reps. Ice Climbers- They've been here since Melee, and they are a great 8-bit rep. Mr. Game and Watch- Nintendo's first character, been here since Melee, historical significance. R.O.B.- Historical significance, unique moveset (like the others). Shulk- Well, I don't really know but he has a huge fanbase so...why not?

Last edited:

TeddyTrickster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4398-9775-3736
If leaker(s) is right about DLC and extra newcomers we are looking at a roster of about 60 fighters.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
So I have three roster options I'm going to post.

Based on the current image and written Ninka leaks:

My fan prediction roster - Mii's are a customized option like in the image leaks

My fan prediction roster - Mii Fighters are NOT a customized option and ROB is out to accommodate for the extra slot taken

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet

Here's my roster! 50 playables charactes, 14 newcomers (Mii inclused)! Every characters from Brawl return with the exception of Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake!

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
My Roster that I predict is plausible::4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mii::4zss::4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4tlink::4sonic::4sheik::4samus::rosalina::4robinm::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4olimar::mewtwopm::ganondorf::ness2::lucas::wolf::falco::wario::gw::rob::popo::jigglypuff:(no more sprites...) Dixie Kong, Shulk, Ridley, and King K. Rool

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
this is what I got for a roster

could do the follow for more accuaracy

possible get rid of either king k rool or shulk
wolf could be kicked
could be another Zelda character
and could replace newcomers with other ones

now if this were to happen (which im pretty sure wont in reality due to unexpect newcomers/thought to be cut characters/ones thought to never be cut.

that's what I think the starters will be

and finally other potential newcomers/ones that might happen just as suprising as wii fit trainer
(note some prediction characters are in this)

(I forgot duck hunt dog.)

that's what I got

5/12/2014

what im going with this is by far the best one

now everyone below the big one is guys that could also get in but not possitive

ok this is my roster and I will explain the ones not on there

Veterans

R.O.B: if anybody saids hes kicked your in a way saying you stink at predicting because. R.O.B is in nintendos history his 2 games plus a few others were the worlds first nes games

Wolf: I know falco is going to be fine. and I think both will be fine I mean wolf has a different moveset can be changed even more than that and that hes start fox villain

ike and lucas: well I think they're not coming back but I could be wrong so there still possible

Newcomers

Palutena:from the direct troll/the leak/and request/ shes practically confirmed at this point

Ridley:
The Ridley for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U / 3DS Thread

The Ridley for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U / 3DS Thread
in other words same as palutena practically confirmed (one way only to deconfirm ridley is that sakurai saids hes not playable at this point E3 is ridleys moment)

Shulk: we got some good hints for him the biggest is sakurai making a twitter picture of shulks sword in a music room and hes highly requested

Mewtwo: we had 6 reps in brawl (NOT 4 and MORE than Mario reps)
hes ben promoting a lot of pokemon stuff recently.
the 2 new hoenn games does not affect his chances that much. And heres something you guys are not thinking about are you 100% positive sakurai is not trying to trick us into thinking mewtwo fails again so the hype is bigger for the man Im happy I was wrong thing.
and ofcoarse the hint for mewtwo when the guy asked gamefreak about mewtwo in ssb4 and sakurai said we are considering it

pac-man sakurai indeed had a change of heart off Namco gets no special benfits with the S flag and the Galaga aliens so pac-man is like 80% instead of 40%

King k rool: well the kermlings are in smash run so that increases his chances like no tomorrow and also in the arena stage the lights can be attacked then fall just like what diddy kong does in dk64 on the king k rool fight

Could be a boss but the 2nd hint helps him on the playable side but doesn't nessary lock him for ssb4 for a role

Now for the potentials

Sceptile: there's a Remake of ruby and sapphire confirmed for the 3ds in November so sceptile could complete the starter triangle but his chances are still low due to mewtwo and jigglypuff having atvanage over him

Captain Rainbow: the Fat mac Trophie is a hint and if R.O.B and wii fit trainer and mr game and watch and the ice climbers get in so can he

Chibi robo: a pretty requested character and a new game has ben confirmed and could be with olimars category of size

Duck hunt dog: the fans would go nuts because they can finally get revenge after all of these years if the dog is in and plus duck hunt is in the category of first nes games with R.O.B

Mach Rider :sakurai consider him and balloon fighter in melee...but in ssb4 hes reconsidering in a way the villager has his balloon fighter hat and theres a balloon fighter stage so hes probably trying it again with the 2 mach rider could get in the same way captain falcon got in

Takamaru: well I think greninja really really really hurt his chances but hes not out of it yet I mean he could still be a luigified greninja I don't like the sound of it but a way to save him

Isaac: he was a assist in brawl little mac got upgraded to playable from brawl and Isaac did survive the assist trophy masacure

oh I almost forgot one more potential rep

a rythem heaven character: from the sal rumor it was the corus men but the correction could be a different rythem heaven character for the wtf category

(and to explain why its possible it said a pokemon from x and y will be playable and look greninja is a pokemon from x and y and this was before greninja was announced)

(but however he could have said pokemon x and y to make it believable and not a particular pokemon

5/24/2014

ok my next prediction roster is the golden bullet

this is based off the latest leaked roster rumor pictures

check E3 rumors/and leaks and in groups check the rumors and leaks section.

And for the 46-50 part

Kick these guys (wolf lucas mewtwo king k rool)

Overall my 50 is extremly likely its only 11 new boxes added when its aproximate 14/15 from before

6/14/2014

next update I am almost positive this is the magic roster

(as for the Rythem heaven Rep, I do believe its going to be the chorus men but im not jumping to conclusions on that.)

(And as for lucas, Toon link and Ike would like to have a word with you.)

hope I didn't forget any veterans

7/14/2014

NEXT remake

and no the rearrangement will not be like this

Added Lucina and Robin: THEY ARE CONFIRMED PLAYABLE (captain falcon as well no doubts on him.)

Chrom is gone because the SAL LEAK is no more it was executed by lucina and robin (easier way to put it chrom is in robins final smash not playable.)

Added rythem heaven girl :same as above the sal leak is no more so chorus men have gone from 90% all the way down to 10% now/ so rythem heaven girl because shes the main rep I believe.

Ridley: Robin help ridley because the sal leak is busted and robin was not on it so people that are not on it are possible. and plus look at the new megaman on the pyrosphere picture.

mewtwo: same as above except the pryosphere part.

shulk : that's the only one of the dead leak that's still likely

so that's it.

any thoughts in other forums?

7/19/2014

ok I think I have it with all ends

51 slots

version A lucas safe.

second version
Version B lucas Out

53 Roster

55 Character Roster

blue= veteran starter

red = unlockable veteran

green = newcomer start

yellow = unlockable newcomer

purple = could go either way with unlockable or starter.

now to explain some of the newcomers/veterans

:falco:/:ganondorf:/:lucas:/:wolf:

this newcomer :4lucina: has her own slot and is confirmed as a marth clone (but she does have a few different moves than marth but only just.)

so the 4 above almost 0% danger now (except lucas but still very low danger.)

:mewtwopm:: theres evidence is coming up for him

1. sakurai said hes considering mewtwo for ssb4 when the guy ask about mewtwo in smash 4
  2. he/she (the voices not the gender) has gotten a new movie recently
  3. ever since x and y mewtwos popularity is back on top (even was in a mcdonalds happy meals for x and y)
  4. hes the most requested character for ssb4 (even more than ridley)
  5. sakurai does listen to the fans. so he easily know the fans want mewtwo
  6. and backing up 5 quite a few of the stuff in both smash bros version has stuff that the fans wanted.
  7. Mewtwo was meant to be playable in all smash bros games mewtwo was only cut from brawl due to time contrast. (yes mewtwo was going to be playable in 64 as well.)
and last but not least you guys/gals are telling us its impossible to put in 6 pokemon reps

its time to prove you people wrong on that once and for all.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=121384840&postcount=8201

now the mewtwo fan base explain to me and I double checked and

Sakurai saids he does not care how many characters per frachise are in (to clarify if he added 10 Mario reps he woulden't care.)

and lucina was never on the completed roster when he began (he said he got the roster all set before he started making the game but lucina was never on it so he added lucina cause he felt like it.)

Ridley:

The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - Gematsu drank the SPlounge water

those shadow sizes are made by me and check the first part as well

buy to clarify

1. sakurai has ben teasing a lot of stuff about ridley
  2. sakurai did not talk about ridley on the april direct
  3. the trophy quiz is 2 of 4 of character hints so far so we may be right about trophy hints (plus the king kihunter trophy is connected to ridley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTUpubbIWPc )
  4. when the shadow was shown sakurai made it look like a illusion that ridley looked bigger than he seemed (the megaman picture really helps this point)
  5. hes not as big as he was on other m (ssb4 ridley is smaller)
  6. the august direct is the most likely time for his fate due to a lot of Metroid anniversary's of Metroid on there
  7. Oh and ofcoarse look at this image http://i.imgur.com/sZnRWJE.jpg amazing proof woulden't you say

Ghirahim:

same as number 3 of the trophy quiz now demise could happen instead, but ghirahim has a higher advantage due to fi more connected to him. and is more requested (but sadly I would not be surprised if he was a luigified robin.)

and same as mewtwo with sakurai not caring on how many characters per franchise.

Rhythm heaven Rep

well the gemusatu leak is dead.

but remember rhythm heaven is still acknowledged though because the sneaky spirit is from this series and its a enemy in smash run.

so a rhythm heaven rep could happen but the chorus men unfortunately im not buying they are the rep any more

so for possiblitys Rhythem heaven Girl / Wrestler / kung fu guy are more possible.

(oh and as for the A and B scenario of the 51 That's if Rhythm heaven gets the same treatment as animal crossing in brawl with no rep. and lucas is not out of the woods yet despite the dead leak but hes almost out though)

King K rool

His odds are much better than Dixie kong

1. more requested than Dixie
  2. the kermlings are enemys in speed run
  3. gamexplain had a interview with someone he said kraid and a big kermling are boss's in smash run (only a rumor right now.) (and the big kermling can be any kermling there are several other kermlings just as big/bigger than king k rool.)
  4. If you look at the smash arena map its shaped like a pirate ship (reference to king k rool perhaps?)
  5. the boxing arena hazard is a reference to diddy kongs part of the king k rool fight on the 64 version.

Shulk

ha shulk is not even close to deconfirmed when the gemusatu leak was confirmed fake.

1. Sakurai made a twitter post in a sound room with shulks sword on it implying he likes xenoblade
  2. the xenoblade director and developers have ben spreading news on smash 4 (2 examples they tweeted the smash direct and the character reveal on the 14th.)
  3. I heard that Shulk is the most requested newcomer in japan right now.

Sceptile

Well I really doubt sceptile but I only added him for the reasons below

1. for the 3rd time Sakurai in a way stated he does not care how many characters per franchise
  2. ruby and sapphire does have a remake in development (and game freak could have informed sakurai on that during his making of the roster.)
  3. greninja = Water Charizard = Fire Sceptile = Grass Pikachu = electricity Lucario = Fighting/Steel Jigglypuff = Fairy Mewtwo = Psychic do you see where im going with this evidence
  4. Sceptile does have a mega evolution (sadly mega evolution might be the next triple land master, or should I say quad landmasters.)

Newcomer rep

well it could be any other character so I got the following

Mach Rider: this character was considered for melee including balloon fighter in my head hes trying it again. and failed balloon fighter.

Duck hunt Dog: has ben requested and a chance for fans to finally get revenge on that laughing dog

Captain Rainbow: Fat Mac is a Trophy which is from his game, another hint in my eyes because none of the captain rainbow versions of the characters were trophy in melee nor brawl.

Dixie Kong: 4 fire emblems and 6/7 pokemon is not overkill anymore so why not 4 dk reps and plus she is relevant to DKCTF and was mean't for brawl

Isaac: that's one of the surviving assist trophies' and still isn't shown not to mention little mac upgraded from this status to playable. and is very requested

Black Shadow (F-zero): Well the only other Second captain falcon rep possible in my mind

but also it would give an excuse to give ganondorf a newmoveset and black falcon takes over ganondorfs old move set but will have different moves/ and specials

That's all I can think of PM me for Any more ideas if you can

Oh heres a bonus Explain why R.O.B is Fine

1. He is indeed loved by both usa and japan (especially japan and that's big benefits since sakurai is more focus's on japan, but most likely 60% east and 40% west this time for ssb4)
  2. Frrom this R.O.B rescued video games from going extinct that's most likely why he was made playable in the first place
  3. Ice climbers and Mr game and watch Were thought to be kicked in brawl. and indeed they were wrong would not be surprised if history repeated its self.
  4. and if R.O.B is A trophy/enemy if shown Does not Deconfirm him 1 bit due to being a enemy in brawl and there are different version of the enemy R.O.B the playable R.O.B has the Best moves from the enemys

that's all

8/25/2014

well as of this moment

a leak roster has ben confirmed real with a few video game plays of shulk and bower jr so the roster leak is real and it was also confirmed its not the full thing.

so with out futhur ado by what I think of this

this might be my last prediction

Or

Everyone except the below have the same reason all in the leak roster that got confirmed real and they are all in it

Ridley

theres way way way too many teases for ridley for him not to be playable

1. I confirmed his shadow is way smaller back on page 637 on the ridley support thread check that out if you want

2. on the same day the pyrosphere was revealed Nintendo of Europe release a picture of meta knight on the pyrosphere and there are resemblances of meta knight and ridley in that (the most damning is the wings)

3. a lot of wanted characters got deconfirmed (examples Girahim, Takamaru, and from the leak pictures found Kystal.) (sorry kystal fans shes a collectable trophy it looks like.) and ridley is still the only survivor even from that smash direct footage was not enough to deconfirm him.

4. even if ridley is shown and no newcomer box is shown remind of toon link scenario.

5. the most wanted newcomer and sakurai is aiming to make smash bros the best character game in the world

Dixie kong:

unfortunately I lost hope in king k rool now the leaks are pointing toward her more than the crocodile. (but im not giving up yet king k rool supports im still one of you.)

Impa:

Well girahim got deconfirmed and shes the only one left for the trophy theory and plus sakurai is focusing on more girls (oh the girl thing also applies to Dixie kong.)

Mewtwo

same as ridley for too much evidence

1. hes the most wanted character of them all and sakurai is aiming for the best character game.

2. I see genesect and mew are in ssb4 but wheres mewtwo?

3 mewtwo is relevance is back on top with x and y and the new genesect movie.

4 promtions are too the max too.

5 in the leak roster mewtwo is the easiest to put in, (put him in the pokemon row then move ROB or DHD down 1 row.)

Mach Rider

this is one of the characters that sakurai considered back in melee and he may be trying it again

and there are a couple of rumors connected to the leaked screens and they do have mach rider in them.

Rythem heaven rep

most likely the chorus men

1 we have a smash run enemy so RH is being noted in smash 4

2 japan loves rythem heaven

3happens to be involved in the out of date gemusuto leak (but its still fake overall due to being wrong on chrom being playable.)

so its either mach rider or a rhythem heaven rep for that last slot

(Ps the miis have there own seperate roster room so i left them out of it i know they are confirmed.)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
7/9/2014

3DS Roster.png

Here is what I think we will get, I stand by this till deconformation.
Iffy on Roy, Snake, Impa, Lucas, and Dixie atm...

7/15/2014

3DS Roster.png

Le big *** roster

Le explaining
Dark Pit, Dixie, and Impa: Semi Clones/Clones, a la Lucina. Dark Pit teased, Dixie and Shiek are important
Captain Toad: Dem Japanese like Toad, Nintendo be pushing him, seems solid
K Rool: Massively popular and unique, a baller, 8/8, main DK villain, Kremlings in Smash Run
Sceptile: FWG triangle, Mega Evolution, ORAS, popular pokemon
Chorus Men: I still believe we are getting a Rhythm Heaven rep, and these guys make sense. I also think that Gematsu was outdated...
Ridley: Teased, Shadow Size, Popularity bigger then him
Isaac: Popular pre brawl and now (kinda filler on this roster ), Golden Sun popular series, not shown as At
Shulk: Massively popular, Gematsu, X

Lucas: With the clones I added, Lucas does not seem too off the wall. Once again, outdated Gematsu.
Snake: I will have him on until the bitter end, I still have some faith.
Mewtwo: Seven Pokémon, most requested character

7/18/2014

3DS Roster.png

Removed Isaac for Bandanna Dee, replaced Dark Pit with Black Shadow, who takes old Ganondorf moveset...

7/29/2014

3DS Roster.png

New Roster. Feel I should explain Changes.
Bandanna Dee omission: I felt compared to the rest of the newcomers, he kinda stuck out in a bad way...
Snake omission: Its dark days for him, August is his last hope...
Newcomers:
Dark Pit: Teased, easy clone
Paper Mario: Stage convinced me that Sakurai knows his Paper Mario. Either as a clone or unique, I see him as likely
K Rool: Literally nothing is against him. Everyone (almost) wants him, he is important, etc
Dixie: Popular, easy semi clone
Ghirahim: Popular, villain,
Ganondorf/Black Shadow: Ganondorf get a huge revamp, Black Shadow gets older moveset
Ridley: Just go to the Ridley thread. He is in
Sceptile: Grass starter, ORAS, popular pokemon
Mewtwo: Most requested character, XY, planned for all Smash games so far...
Shulk: See K Rool
Chorus Men: I see them as our RH Rep, they seem the most unique idea for a RH rep, and are in a sense a blank slate, making easy use to reference Rhythm Heaven
Isaac: Popular, AT not shown (yet)
Only skeptical of Isaac atm...

8/19/2014

3DS Roster.png

Updated for Ninka/Vaanroose/DHD leaks
Doctor Mario as Clone, ala Melee
Dixie, Doc, DHD,Shulk, Chorus, Rid, Jr, and Dark Pit for leak
K Rool Isaac and Mewtwo for fan favorites
Sceptile for ORAS
Ghirahim for trophy quiz theory
Only cuts are Snake Squirtle and Ivysaur

8/25/2014

3DS Roster.png

What I am sticking with till deconfirmation. IMO, outside of he leaks, only K Rool lives (counting the text leaks with Impa, Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus Men and Mewtwo). It just seems hard for me to not see him. I see him as that likely. Minimal cuts due to if we are getting more clones, I bet the semi clones in Lucas and Wolf will end up returning. As for Ice Climbers, I still think they might be coming back, but I am shaken. This roster may look big, but I think this is what we will get...

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
mario mario luigi peach bowser yoshi rosalina wario zelda link zelda sheik ganondorf toon link pokemon picachu charizard greninja lucario jigglypuff mewtwo all other franchises ness caption falcon villager wii fit trainer fox falco dk didy kong samus zero suit samus marth ike lucina robin miis pit palutana mr g plus w little mac kirby metanight king dedede ice climbers rob harmo knight 3 party sonic shulk pacman megaman and chorus men done

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

Probably the final roster I will post. The roster leak is real. No questions, no doubts, it is real. I also believe the Ninka leak, which was released a month earlier, which sadly means Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, and Snake are gone. (Hopefully DLC)

The roster is organized in chronological order in terms of multiple repped, clones, and single repped franchises. (Mario->DK->Link and G&W->Little Mac->DHD, etc.)

As for the remaining characters:

Dixie: I believe we're getting a DK newcomer. I'd prefer K. Rool, but Dixie is more likely.

Ridley: He's playable. Get over it.

Mewtwo: See Ridley. (Yeah, I'm that confident in those two)

Chorus Kids: I believe that Gematsu was true, but outdated. As such, I think we will get a Rhythm Heaven representative. (Sneaky Spirit) Whether it's them is another question.

Rayman: Personal Pipe Dream of mine. As I was making this roster I had one more spot left next to the 3rd party characters, and I couldn't resist putting him there. I won't give up on him until he is officially disconfirmed.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, as my computer won't let me install nor update Java, I can't use the Roster Maker, so I'll have to use homemade methods:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::substitute::substitute::4yoshi::warioc: ---> Bowser Jr. / Dr. Mario
:4dk::4diddy::substitute::4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::substitute: ---> King K. Rool / Impa
:4samus::4zss::substitute::4pit::4palutena::substitute::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: ---> Ridley / Dark Pit
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::substitute::4fox::falco::substitute::rob: ---> Shulk / Duck Hunt
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::jigglypuff::4greninja::mewtwopm::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac:
:ness2::4falcon::4olimar::gw::substitute::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::substitute: ---> Chorus Men / Random

Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Shulk and Duck Hunt need no explanation.

King K. Rool: The second most requested character around the world, the first one being Mewtwo. A Kremling trophy has appeared several times on PotD as well as on footage from the Smash Direct and E3 builds. Appeared on a list of wanted newcomers along with a bunch of other characters that have already been confirmed. Would add variety to the roster and represent the non-monkey side of the Donkey Kong series.

Impa: The Trophy Theory from the Smash Direct pointed towards a Skyward Sword character. My first thought was Ghirahim, but he was confirmed as an Assist Trophy recently, so the second most logical choice would be Impa. Also, she's one of the recurring characters on the Zelda series. Could be a Sheik clone.

Ridley: The second most requested character on the West, the first one being Mewtwo. People have been asking for him to make an appearance ever since Melee. Also, he's been teased a lot by Sakurai himself. Would be a very unique addition to the roster. The Trophy Theory backs his appearance, too.

Mewtwo: The most requested character around the world. Period. One of the most recognizable Pokémon ever, and insanely requested by a legion of fans. Him not returning would be surprising, and as Dr. Mario is back, it is even more likely to happen.

Chorus Men: The remaining unconfirmed character from the Gematsu leak. At this point, I think everyone can agree that it was right, except for the misunderstanding with Chrom, so it's very likely that we'll see the Chorus Men (or another RH rep) this time.

It's a bit of an optimistic roster, but it's not unrealistic.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
6/23/2014

So here's a little something I made.
I didn't like SSB4's CCS so I decided to make some color borders around characters.

PS I'm kinda new here, I've been semi-active during early 2013.

7/15/2014

Welp, Gematsu Leak is debunked. Which means I have to start a new roster.

Here's a 48-slot roster. Pretty much what you'd expect in terms of numbers. The shaded characters are those who haven't been unveiled yet. Also, to be fair, I really want Lucas back.

Here's a 52-slot roster. …y'know, if Fire Emblem can get four reps, then so should Kirby and Star Fox.
So here's the rundown:

Dixie Kong & Krystal: Obviously Sakurai really enjoys bringing female characters this time around rather than the villains. Which is fine by me. Besides, we still need a new DK character, and Krystal's…just there (not being furry). Krystal can also replace Falco / Wolf if either of them aren't in.

Bandana Dee: Ever since he became a main character and is now one of the big four in the series (him, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight), I think he'll be a great addition to our roster.

Captain Rainbow: We haven't gotten a Japan-only character yet unlike Marth and Roy (at the time) and Lucas. I'm not counting Takamaru because we already have enough swordsmen. Besides, we could use a Captain Falcon clone superhero-like character.

Shulk: Probably the most obvious choice on the list.

Mii Fighters: The Mii Fighters slot can replace the Random slot when the "Customizations" tab is on.

No Marshal / Chorus Men: Don't get the wrong idea; I love these characters. They seem very unique and can probably attack using rhythm-like moves and their voices.

8/30/2014

A POTENTIAL 54-SLOT ROSTER

K41N570RM

Smash Rookie
Here's my make-shift roster which could change at any small change with these next coming weeks so yeah, mostly major possibilities

:4mario::4luigi::drmario::4bowser::4peach::rosalina::substitute:Bowser jr
:4dk::4diddy::substitute:Dixie kong:substitute:King k Rool
:4yoshi:
:warioc:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::substitute:Impa
:4samus::4zss::substitute:Ridley
:4pit::4palutena::substitute:Dark pit
:popo:
:rob:
:4kirby::substitute:Bandana Dee:4dedede::4metaknight:
:4olimar:
:4villager:
:4wiifit:
:4fox::falco::wolf::substitute:Krystal
:4falcon:
:4littlemac:
:4pikachu::jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm::4lucario::4greninja::substitute:Sceptile
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:(:roypm:)
:ness2::lucas::substitute:Masked man
:gw:
:4mii:
:substitute:Shulk
:substitute:Issac
(:substitute:)chorus men
:substitute: Duck hunt dog
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:
:snake:

andimidna

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros Wii U 3ds (78) Roster.png

Unique Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina and Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Mii Fighters
Palutena
Pac-Man
Robin
Shulk
Ridley
Bowser Jr
Duck Hunt
Mach Rider?

Clone Newcomers:
Lucina
Dark Pit
Dixie Kong
Impa

Melee Vets:
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo

Brawl Cuts:
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Snake
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf?

Mach Rider I'm unsure about. Instead we could get Wolf, K Rool, or a spot for Miis. I'm not sure what to think about that, but she fit so well on the roster, going in chronological order for series with one rep and series with more. I also have rosters with Mach Rider replaced with these 3, but the rest I'm at least 50/50 on. I'm like 25/25/25/25 on Mach Rider/Wolf/K Rool/Miis slot.
Oh, and Chorus Kids have a shot if Ice Climbers make it. But I found Impa a bit more likely, it's possible Ice Climbers and Chorus Men will make it instead of Impa and Mach Rider, but I think they'll be DLC, along with any other characters that were probably planned but couldn't be worked in and completed in time. This could easily also include Lucas and Wolf, who have no good reason to leave really.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not sure that Dixie will be a clone. She could be unique, I only have her as a clone as it's 50/50 imo, and the roster fit better with her as a clone, separating the clones with the 3rd parties on the bottom row, and pushing Shulk up with the new series characters, where he belongs.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Haven't posted one of these before, but I've been making them for months, but anyway with the game only a few days away now, and with recent leaks and rumours. here is my final roster prediction

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog are there because of the leak so not much to say there.

I feel the remaining potential slots to make the leaked roster a full grid will likely include

Ice Climbers: Introduced in Melee and stuck around for Brawl, also the polar bear from their games is in smash run so I don't see how they won't make it in
Chorus Men: Even though Gematsu was disproven the fact a sneaky spirit appeared in smash run points to their inclusion
Mewtwo: Given Sakurai was "thinking about it" and all of Mewtwo's recent relevance in the pokemon series not to mention the inclusion of Dr. Mario and the massive fan outcry that will ensue if Mewtwo isn't included I feel he will almost certainly be included.

my two less likely predictions

Bandana Dee: at this point the Kirby series has recieved very little attention in this smash and with Bandana Dee quickly taking his place as the fourth main character of the Kirby series it would be nice to see him in, and his spear would provide a different fighting style
Dixie Kong: some people think she'll be a clone of Diddy, but personally I think that would be an insult to her, Dixie has many abilities that make her stand out from the other Kongs, mostly involving her hair. if they included her without making use of her hair it just wouldn't be true to the character. out of the two potential newcomers for the DK series (Dixie and K.Rool) I personally feel that Dix has the better shot even with the Kremlings beign in smash run.

As future DLC I can see the returns of Wolf and Lucas as well as the inclusions of some newcomers (I'd personally like to see Chibi Robo and Wonder Red, and feel that Ridley is likely to be added here too. as is K.Rool)

Last edited:

videogamerjp2

Smash Rookie
A combination of the leaked roster, the ninka/vaanrose leak, the Gamefaqs roster order theory, and my own personal bias.

Leaked Roster: Bowser Jr, Wario, Mr. G&W, Ganondorf, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Jigglypuff, ROB, Ness
Mii Fighters and Customizations separate​
Ninka/Vaanrose Extras: Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids
Personal Bias: Ice Climbers

Things to note: The "retro column", from Mr. G&W to Ice Climbers(excluding ROB, who is technically an accessory)
The "modern row" of IP from the current millennium, from Villager to Shulk
Ice Climbers: the most controversial character on this roster due to their contradiction to the ninka/vaanrose leak.
I still have faith Sakurai was able to make them work on the 3DS. The Polar Bear in smash run hints at their inclusion.​

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Hey, I haven't posted here yet, guess I will.

I'm kinda expecting something like this:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4bowser:
:4yoshi::wario::drmario:
:4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::gw:
:4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm::ness2::4falcon::4villager::4littlemac::rob:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4fox::falco:

:4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic::4pacman:???

Seems like I'm a majority or something. I guess it's pretty hard to get much variation when most of the roster has been leaked and there's only a maximum of 5 characters left. And talking about 5 characters, I decided to only add three (Dixie, Mewtwo and Ridley) because honestly, beyond that, I just don't care. The roster's already freaking good, whoever they add beyond this won't really change much.

Last edited:

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
5/31/2014

64 Roster.png

52 character roster

I know that 52 is really pushing it, but I just legitimately could not justify myself removing any of these characters. I feel like everyone I have here has a fair shot at making the game. I really wanted to add Isaac into the roster too because he's my most wanted newcomer, but the nine characters I added, I feel, have higher chances than him.

I also don't want to base my roster on the Gematsu leak regardless of how authentic it may be. We'll find out soon enough (10 days until E3!)

Newcomers:
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Ridley
Takamaru
Palutena
Shulk
Robin
Pac-Man
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Megaman
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja

Veterans:
Mewtwo +
All characters from Brawl except Squirtle and Ivysaur

9/8/2014

Just wanted to update my roster before the game releases. Based mostly on the ESRB and Ninka/Vaanrose/4chan leak.
Bosses Brawl Roster4.png

DLC Characters: Wolf, Lucas, Chorus Kids

Geno Boost

Smash Master
7/26/2014

DLC(if they are going to make it) ::snake::squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee::linkmelee::roypm:____:substitute:<random box:4mii::mewtwopm::wolf::wario::rob::ness2::gw::metaknight::lucas::jigglypuff::popo::ganondorf::falco::4zss::4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4tlink::4sonic::4sheik::4samus::rosalina::4robinm::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4olimar::4megaman::4marth::4mario::4luigi::4lucina::4lucario::4link::4littlemac::4myfriends::4kirby::4greninja::4fox::4dk::4diddy::4dedede::4charizard::4falcon::4bowser:next newcomers could be:shulk,isaac,marshal(rythem heaven rep),ridley,king k. rool,krystal(because every new ssb we get a new star fox rep),c. rainbow(because sakurai did already show us fat little mac trophy from c. rainbow game),ghirahim(because he was confirmed in hyrule warrior),takamaru(new retreo charcter every ssb) and maybe they would add
geno (because he was 1 of the most requested in SSBB even more than megaman) if they did add him he will be secret charcter in the random box like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Jy3d9v3u8

9/8/2014

:4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4tlink::4sonic::4shulk::4sheik::4samus::rosalina::4robinm::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4olimar::4zss::4mii:-confirmed

:ganondorf::falco::jigglypuff::rob::wario::gw::mewtwopm::drmario::popo::wolf:-reuterning vetrans

:142::246:[dark:pit:]:217:[:195:marshal]-newcomers

:snake::squirtle::ivysaur::roypm::lucas::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::kirby64: rayman c. rainbow impa [:248:king k. rool] mach rider -possible DLC

kylexv

Smash Master
4/19/2014

My roster predictions:

EDIT 4/19/14: Almost convinced now that the Gematsu Leak is real. New Roster time!:
SSB4 Predictions Roster.png

Red= Unlockable

Gematsu Leak: Pac-Man, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chrous Men.

Direct Trophies Theory: Ghirahim, Ridley (Chrom, Palutena).

Other:
Bowser Jr.- If there are 6 Zelda and Pokemon Characters, why not 6 Mario Characters?
Dixie Kong- Personally, I feel that a 3rd DK character is very likely. Could be K. Rool instead.

Cuts:
Squirtle: Already have a Water-Type and seven Pokemon is overkill.
Ivysaur: Not very iconic and seven Pokemon is overkill.
Snake: I heard somewhere that Kojima was not noticed about Snake being in Smash 4.

6/13/2014

SSB4 Predictions Roster after E3.png

My new roster after E3 and more Gematsu info.

Same as before, except:

Cut Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, and Lucas.
Replaced Mii with Mii Fighter
Changed Palutena and Pac-Man's icons.

7/14/2014

Removed Chrom

Added Robin, Lucina, Lucas, and Dixie Kong

GEMATSU IS DEAD

Reasoning:

Shulk and Chorus Men: Now that Gematsu is dead, whether or not these two will appear is up for debate. However, I think both will get into the roster.

Shulk: Why would Monolith staff retweet Sakurai's posts if their character isn't in the game?

Chorus Men: Sneaky Spirit basically guarantees a Rhythm Heaven character is smash. IMO, it could go either Chorus Men OR Marshal.

Lucas: Gematsu is dead, so Lucas is back up into speculation. I do feel that Lucas will stay in the Smash Bros. series. Would it make ANY sense to have 4 FE reps and only 1 Earthbound rep?

Dixie: Like I've said before, I expect a third DK character to happen.

8/11/2014

Small change.

Cut Lucas (Many leaks are pointing against his inclusion.)
Gave Miis their own slot.

8/21/2014

Unknown Renders Plus.png

Unkown Renders plus more. Basically just my previous roster except:

Cut Dixie
Add Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt (Dog and Duck).

8/31/2014

Leak Roster.png

This is what I think is the best case scenario. This will also be my final predictions unless something groundbreaking comes up.

New characters:

Mewtwo: It just feels strange that Sakurai would bring back Dr. Mario without Mewtwo. There's also the fact that he mentioned him waaaaaaaaaaaaay back at E3 2013, at the Pokemon X/Y roundtable.

Chorus Men: Many different leaks support their inclusion, including the once prevalent Gematsu Leak. 9/11 of the characters in that leak are in the game, so the Chorus Men will probably get in too if there are more characters.

Waddle Dee: The most controversial of these five. Waddle Dee was added because every other Star Fox character was basically deconfirmed (Wolf likely cut, Krystal a trophy, Slippy in his Arwing, etc.), so a Kirby Character was the only choice to even out the roster. Waddle Dee is definitely the most likely out of all the other Kirby characters.

DA CLONES:

Dixie Kong: I've said it many times and I'll say it again, DKC NEEDS a newcomer. However, a non-clone DK character could not fit without messing up vaanrose's rule, so that leaves K. Rool out of the question (sadly). So if there's a new DK character, they MUST be a clone. Dixie is the perfect candidate, replacing Diddy's tail attacks with hair attacks, making her gun shoot gumballs, and giving her a new Up-B similar to Donkey Kong's.

Impa: The most likely clone after Dixie, due to her recent burst of relevancy in the Zelda series. She could easily be a clone of Sheik, as her body shape is similar. It also gives the Zelda series a newcomer.

9/3/14

This one is long, so it's all in spoilers:

I changed my predictions. Again.

View attachment 23895

Yeah. I just went Galacta Knight. Deal with it.

Based on this All-Star mode grouping by @Deoxys911

1980-1983
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac-Man
Mario
Donkey Kong
Luigi

1984-1985
Little Mac
Duck Hunt
R.O.B.
Peach
Bowser

1986-1987
Link
Zelda
Samus
Pit
Palutena
Mega Man

1990-1991
Dr. Mario
Marth
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Sonic

1992-1993
Kirby
King Dedede
Wario
Fox
Falco
Meta Knight

1994-1996
Ness
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff

1998-2001
Ganondorf
Sheik
Villager
Olimar

2002-2005
Bowser Jr.
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Ike

2006-2010
Lucario
Rosalina
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk

2012-2013
Dark Pit
Robin
Lucina
Greninja

Additions:

Wolf: Can't let you do that, Star Fox. Wolf returns from Brawl. Wolf is likely late in the unlockables, as he was last minute in Brawl and probably low priority in SSB4 because of this. Wolf would go to the 1998-2001 group above, renaming it to the 1997-2001 group. It also rounds that group out to a solid 5 Characters.

Mewtwo: There was only one space left in the 1994-1996 group. The competition was between Dixie and Mewtwo, but Mewtwo ultimately won in my eyes, as Sakurai has known about the fan outcry of Mewtwo and he has also at least been planned in every Smash game TO DATE. What a feat!

Ice Climbers: Their absence from the leak caused fan outcry. "The Ice Climbers have been in two games! Why aren't they here!" Fans wanted the answers. But now speculation is in their favor. They were probably added late in development, as Sakurai was having difficulties adding them earlier, so they are probably later in the unlock list. The Ice Climbers would go with Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, R.O.B., Peach, and Bowser to max out the 1984-1985 group.

Chorus Men: The most likely newcomer at this point; everything seems in their favor. The Gematsu Leak is their biggest backup, as Sal had gotten 9 out of 11 right. They would also would fit perfectly into the roster arrangement, no matter what. They would go in the 2006-2010 group, giving it 5 characters for you to face.

Galacta Knight: BY FAR the most controversial on this list. Galacta Knight could be made into a Meta Knight clone. Galcta Knight would fit in the All-Star mode pattern provided, opposed to Impa and Dixie. He would also complete this one small theory I have: 7 Mario, 6 Pokemon, 5 Zelda, 4 Kirby and Fire Emblem. Galacta Knight would go into the the 2006-2010 group, pushing Shulk into the next group, the 2012-2013 group, and renaming that group to the 2010-2013 group, and Galacta Knight renames his group to the 2006-2008 group.

Here's how it looks (The new characters are bolded):

1980-1983
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac-Man
Mario
Donkey Kong
Luigi

1984-1985
Little Mac
Duck Hunt
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Peach
Bowser

1986-1987
Link
Zelda
Samus
Pit
Palutena
Mega Man

1990-1991
Dr. Mario
Marth
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Sonic

1992-1993
Kirby
King Dedede
Wario
Fox
Falco
Meta Knight

1994-1996
Ness
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

1997-2001
Wolf
Ganondorf
Sheik
Villager
Olimar

2002-2005
Bowser Jr.
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Ike

2006-2008
Lucario
Rosalina
Wii Fit Trainer
Chorus Men
Galacta Knight

2010-2013
Shulk
Dark Pit
Robin
Lucina
Greninja

9/10/2014

Leak Roster.png

My FINAL predictions.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is less than two days away and could potentially leak TONIGHT. So I decided to make a last minute roster.

Most of the characters were chosen due to the roster order. These characters could keep the roster order consistent.

Wolf and Mewtwo push DHD and R.O.B. down to the fifth row, which pushes the clones to the bottom row.
Ice Climbers and Chorus Men were added to fill out the fifth row.
The Mii Fighters get the final spot in the bottom row.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Twitch Stream now present, this thread is now closed from any additional posts. Thank you all for sharing your roster predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom