• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The Famicom Disk System was revolutionary? Wasn't revolutionary to get outside of Japan...
The famicom was revolutionary, and in Japan the disk system was a popular add-on. But, Takamaru and Mother 3 wasn't released outside of Japan. Clearly not important.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
By the way, according to all this casual pandering logic, apparently Mii will create a lot more hype then the likes of Ridley or K. Rool.

Assuming this is directed towards my earlier reply to Hotfeet444:

As I've said, Sakurai would take great care into looking out for both fan-bases' interests. He wouldn't be willing, at least this time around, to only cater to one fan-base and not the other,as he did in Brawl. Besides that, you would only be performing a logical fallacy of false dilemmas (and perhaps non sequiturs), if you believe Sakurai would only hype up the casual market's interests (Miis) without the competitive market's (Ridley and King K. Rool), and vice-versa. You can have both desires satisfied, because both desires are not rigidly segregated from each other, but rather occasionally over-lapping (although varies from region to region). Again, he would do well to cater to both fan-bases.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is this Divine's alt? :troll:
I would ask you the same, since all you've been doing is posting bias trolling on characters you don't like, Seems to fit his description perfectly. But, even he didn't post troll faces like you always do. You're clearly just being an ass for no apparent reason.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Sounds like a deal. Since you're so arrogantly sure of this, Mr. Sakurai.

Again, people against a character because it indirectly takes the place of their precious requests. I say the mascot for the revolutionary famicom's Disk System is very deserving, especially more than Lip, Muddy Mole, and Shulky McRecency. Sometimes characters like that get in and you don't always get your dream roster.

Shulk would have more going for him than recency.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why are we pretending there's some arbitrary division between what each fanbase wants? What the hell constitutes a 'casual' or 'competitive' character? If anything, very, very few people give much of a damn who's in the game and will be getting the game regardless because "it's the gameplay that matters."

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The famicom was revolutionary, and in Japan the disk system was a popular add-on. But, Takamaru and Mother 3 wasn't released outside of Japan. Clearly not important.
Mother 3 is the final installment in a series with a huge international following that sells well in Japan, and actually has characters that warrant a spot much more so than Diskun.

Takamaru is still a character who has appeared outside Japan, and is being referenced and appearing in games to this day.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
You know a flame war is about to erupt (or is past eruption) when both sides accuse each other of being a TheDivineDeity alternate account.

Can we just calm ourselves?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Mother 3 is the final installment in a series with a huge international following that sells well in Japan, and actually has characters that warrant a spot much more so than Diskun.
So you're saying the Disk System and it's games didn't have a following in Japan and that Kumatora is more deserving than it's mascot.

Diskun? Diskun? Are we running out of ideas for characters?
Of course, not. There's always Mr. Hanafuda :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Please don't bring up Divine again. The guy has been super banned and I have doubts he'll be coming back with an alternate account anytime soon. Bringing him up as a method of trolling will only cause more trouble.

Don't forget, he's been super banned. There is no reason to bring him up again.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So you're saying the Disk System and it's games didn't have a following in Japan and that Kumatora is more deserving than it's mascot.
Yeah, Kumatora is much more deserving than the mascot of a failed peripheral. Because moveset.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
He does, but it seems most people support him over characters like Issac for that reason.
Personally I like Shulk over Isaac because he simply can offer more. I guess it's more of a prospective of the franchise as a whole then the character itself, though at the same time the idea of the Monado's special powers does interest me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why are we pretending there's some arbitrary division between what each fanbase wants? What the hell constitutes a 'casual' or 'competitive' character? If anything, very, very few people give much of a damn who's in the game and will be getting the game regardless because "it's the gameplay that matters."
Morons from GameFAQs who come here and think they're smart even though they're brain hasn't worked in about 266 weeks.

Reznor

work in progress
guys i'm going to stop arguing this casuals non casual thing it isn't going anywhere and is becoming boring who ever argued against me if ya want you can say you won
and now for something competly different
would you guys prefer Dig Dug or Pacman as a namco rep

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
guys i'm going to stop arguing this casuals non casual thing it isn't going anywhere and is becoming boring who ever argued against me if ya want you can say you won
and now for something competly different
would you guys prefer Dig Dug or Pacman as a namco rep
Dig Dug would never happen.

Pac-Man is a character I don't want but wouldn't mind. I still don't think he's going to happen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I like Shulk over Isaac because he simply can offer more. I guess it's more of a prospective of the franchise as a whole then the character itself, though at the same time the idea of the Monado's special powers does interest me.
What do you mean he can offer more? Shulk's moveset would largely revolve around the Monado and its powers, which granted, can do many things, but he has a limited amount of attacks. Not to say Isaac's potential is unlimited, but he has literally dozens of potential psynergy attacks from multiple elements, as well as djinn, summons, and just regular swordplay (in which his sword also can have special abilities and unleash effects).

Shulk's not a bad character, far from it, but there are few characters that have the range or scope of Isaac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom