• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
False statements? I love how you think I didn't know where the name thing comes from. Nice assumption, you know what they say about that...It was lazy. It was neat for Wario and almost logical because it inverses the "M" of Mario into a "W" and has the "Wa" part in Wario's name naturally. They forced the whole warui thing onto Luigi's name. And they spell Luigi differently but keep Mario in Japan? Nice try. Talk about false statements. They pronounce it "Ruiji" not spell it that way. Waluigi looks awkward on paper, and was a very lazily created character with no inspiration behind it. Waluigi was a cheap addition into Mario Tennis and that's all. He's a pointless character with no importance to the Mario franchise, unless you wanna say his appearances in Mario Party/Kart make him important somehow. He hasn't even gotten the good graces to appear in Warioware, and he is so often associated with Wario.

The fact that his 1st appearance in a Mario game was Mario Tennis also alludes to the fact that he was most likely created for that very reason. If his primary point of creation, as you say, was to be Luigi's rival, why wasn't he made earlier? And why has he continued to be snubbed in every non-spinoff Mario game to date?
You want to talk about useless and irrelevant and worthless characters, I got one for you - JIGGLYPUFF :glare: If you think Waluigi is, why not Jigglypuff, huh? Why not Jigglypuff? She's only important in the anime (for ONE season), she's a forgettable Pokémon, she is pretty much NU in competitive play(Smogon), she isn't very popular anyways in Pokémon AND Smash, she has LOW priority compared to Lucario and Pikachu, and she doesn't do much for Smash other than wasting a slot because of the "Original 12" bull**** tradition. (Ness does this **** too). Come on..... :rolleyes:

Waluigi is more important to the Mario series than Jigglypuff will EVER be for the Pokémon series. That's the truth. :glare:

Bajef8

Smash Ace
No. You are talking about how it isn't likely that Toad is playable because Peach uses him in one of her own moves. If 4 people play as 1 guy... you have the same person fighting himself... So why wouldn't it be possible for Toad to fight Peach and have the counter used against him?
I see you must need me to break down my argument further as you're still twisting the logic. Let me see if I can get the points down simply. Also sorry if I'm coming off rudely.

The red dot, blue jacket (I henceforth call him just "Toad", the other color palette Toads will henceforth be called "Imitation Toad") is one of Peach's moves.
Toad is a move.
Picking 4 different colored Links, Marios, etc... is not the same thing as Toad character fighting someone who also uses a Toad as a move.
Toad would be fighting someone who uses him as a move = weird.
Toad fighting different colored Toads = not weird. Because they're color swaps for Smash's purpose.

I'd also like to attack that whole "who cares what color Toad is" argument in a simple form.
Toad's "costumes" so to speak, are the different colored Imitation Toads that run around.
They are in a similar fashion as say, conductor Link, Zora Tunic Link, etc....
Putting a Toad in that is anything but Toad (red dot, blue jacket) is odd. Just as making conductor Link the main outfit repping Toon Link in Smash.

Another example would be like having purple Toon Link form the Fourswords as the main palette for Toon Link in Smash. That is odd, just as it would be odd for Blue, Red/ Rainbow/ not regular palette Toad to be the one repped. Duh his colors will change when picking the character to play as if you choose, that shouldn't even be a point you're trying to make.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You want to talk about useless and irrelevant and worthless characters, I got one for you - JIGGLYPUFF :glare: If you think Waluigi is, why not Jigglypuff, huh? Why not Jigglypuff? She's only important in the anime (for ONE season), she's a forgettable Pokémon, she is pretty much NU in competitive play(Smogon), she isn't very popular anyways in Pokémon AND Smash, she has LOW priority compared to Lucario and Pikachu, and she doesn't do much for Smash other than wasting a slot because of the "Original 12" bull**** tradition. (Ness does this **** too). Come on..... :rolleyes:

Waluigi is more important to the Mario series than Jigglypuff will EVER be for the Pokémon series. That's the truth. :glare:
Was Waluigi one of the most popular characters in his series for some time and an icon?

I think not.

Regardless, why so pissy?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm sorry, I've spent the past hour or so watching "There will be Brawl", pretty good stuff.

Anyways, the topic's Toad again? I don't mind, but I feel as if Mario has more interesting characters, namely Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.

Morbi

Scavenger

The truth hurts. It doesn't really matter too much though... because Jigglypuff is important to Smash. Haha.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I personally don't think we're getting Toad in, mostly because I doubt Mario will get another rep for this game.

If the Mario series did get another rep though, it still would most likely be Toad. (even though Jr comes in a close second, and he's one I would rather have in)

If Toad does get in though, I would still rather have him have is regular red spot and blue appearance combo, and his color swaps could obviously be these.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

On a slightly unrelated note I had a dream last night that Jigglypuff was revealed on the boxing stage fighting King Hippo as a boss.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, reprising his role from the last games doesn't mean jack?

I don't get you people. We have Ridley being apparently debunked for a playable character despite there being no proof of such, and yet Toad is such a high probability of being playable despite reprising his role of being a meat shield as shown in broad day light.
Wow, you're really stubborn sometimes. :glare:

There's absolutely ZERO proof that Toad is not a playable character, regardless of whether or not Peach has a Toad special attack. It is plausible that Toad can be both Peach's special move and a playable character.

Do I support Toad? No, but that shouldn't stop me from using my head and think rationally.

It could be as simple as this: there's no proof of whether or not Toad is confirmed, therefore all possibilities can be considered.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I see you must need me to break down my argument further as you're still twisting the logic. Let me see if I can get the points down simply. Also sorry if I'm coming off rudely.

The red dot, blue jacket (I henceforth call him just "Toad", the other color palette Toads will henceforth be called "Imitation Toad") is one of Peach's moves.
Toad is a move.
Picking 4 different colored Links, Marios, etc... is not the same thing as Toad character fighting someone who also uses a Toad as a move.
Toad fighting different colored Toads = not weird. Because they're color swaps for Smash's purpose.

I'd also like to attack that whole "who cares what color Toad is" argument in a simple form.
Toad's "costumes" so to speak, are the different colored Imitation Toads that run around.
Putting a Toad in that is anything but Toad (red dot, blue jacket) is odd. Just as making conductor Link the main outfit repping Toon Link in Smash.

Another example would be like having purple Toon Link form the Fourswords as the main palette for Toon Link in Smash. That is odd, just as it would be odd for Blue, Red/ Rainbow/ not regular palette Toad to be the one repped. Duh his colors will change when picking the character to play as if you choose, that shouldn't even be a point you're trying to make.
No offense man... but nobody agree with you about Toad. Toad's pretty much getting in, whether r not he's a Special for Peach or not.

Think about it. Sakurai DID say that Peach's moveset is "subject to change". Why say that ONLY about Peach, and nobody else? Not Olimar not Luigi not even Toon Link or Sonic. but about PEACH. That tells me Toad isn't deconfirmed, but instead confirmed. Sakurai TROLLS HARD with Ridley, so why not with toad? Either Sakurai will change Peach's Special, or replace the color of that Toad with blue and let the iconic red one be playable. It isn't SO hard now, is it? :ohwell: Seriously, so are you so against Toad?

Morbi

Scavenger

Toad is a move.

I still don't agree with you. However, I did send you a PM. I think I am interpreting your reason a little better. It has something to do with him being a move fighting himself that is awkward as opposed to just him fighting himself? I still think they are pretty much the same thing. I guess the difference is discernible.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The truth hurts. It doesn't really matter too much though... because Jigglypuff is important to Smash. Haha.
Don't know, the only reason why Jigglypuff got in the first place was because she was easy to make due to her structure being very similar to Kirby. Not to mention her importance is kind of waning in recent years, hence why she's not a huge priority like a large chunk of other characters.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I love the red Toad, but there is multiple Toads if you play with more then one Peach/Kirby. But maybe the picture was Sakurai hinting that either

1. Toad isn't in.
2. A new Toad will be in.
3. Toad will still be in.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I give up. This statement is so off, I don't even know where to begin.
Waluigi was a cheap addition to Mario spin-offs. In a series with not nearly as many characters as Pokemon.

Jigglypuff was important to the anime (even if a recurring joke) for the 1st couple of seasons, is being revamped with a fairy type and has kinda appeared in the main series games as opposed to Waluigi. Let's also not forget the fact she kinda has perfect attendance to Smash when Waluigi is almost the same age as her.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Think about it. Sakurai DID say that Peach's moveset is "subject to change". Why say that ONLY about Peach, and nobody else? Not Olimar not Luigi not even Toon Link or Sonic. but about PEACH. That tells me Toad isn't deconfirmed,
This.

I don't think it definitely confirms him. But it gives us reason to hold out hope.

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't know, the only reason why Jigglypuff got in the first place was because she was easy to make due to her structure being very similar to Kirby. Not to mention her importance is kind of waning in recent years, hence why she's not a huge priority like a large chunk of other characters.
I didn't realize you had the priority list in hand. Please read it off. I am sure EVERYONE would like to know.

I have to go soon. So just in case you reply and state that Jigglypuff was a low priority from Melee to Brawl.
1. She now has Fairy type which is something that she didn't have going from Melee to Brawl. Now she has SOMETHING relevant to keep her afloat.
2. Toon Link's reveal should have made it very clear that Sakurai's criteria has changed from 4 or 5 years ago. Villager used to my example.
3. Jigglypuff still made the cut despite her low priority which entails that she is indeed important.
4. Her easy to develop nature is going to be her saving grace yet again. Not only has she been around for 13 and 1/2 years, but she is easy as hell to develop.
5. She actually does have a fan-base from the time she was S tier. Not to mention about 1/12 of the players used her in Smash 64.

Also just in case you try and swap anything... you used the word priority in the context of present tense. This would allude to the notion that you somehow know her priority now.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
My point is that she is a really unique character to add for Smash for the FE series, much better addition than Chrom really IMO.
1. This could be said about ANY character pretty much. Don't see why Anna stands out.
2. Chrom is a much likelier candidate. He was the star of the most popular FE game as of date, not to mention his game pretty much saved FE.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
what about the toad brigade captain. this is the third time i have mentioned him. someone plz agree.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Deity, I have to respectfully disagree with your view on Waluigi.

Jigglypuff was a huge icon in Japan. She was very relevant in the first half of the anime, and despite not being around and relevant, she'll still be remembered and regarded as a great Pokemon icon.

Waluigi isn't all that prominent. He's known only as a spin-off character. Only true Mario fans will know who he is. Most people know who Jigglypuff is. Waluigi was also never prominent in the Mario series. Most people know Bowser, Luigi, Peach, and of course Mario. And maybe Wario. People probably never know who Waluigi is unless they're familiar of who they are.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
what about the toad brigade captain. this is the third time i have mentioned him. someone plz agree.
Toad Brigade Captain confirmed for Smash 4!

And to just end the Toad debate from my side:
I've posted my reasoning on the last 2-3 pages. I think the picture deconfirms him. This is an opinion, I didn't say it was fact ever, just explained why I think it alludes to his deconfirmation. You guys can think the picture doesn't mean jack but I do. That's all lol. I feel like I'll be one of the only people happy if he isn't playable.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This thread moves WAY too fast
Or it could just be

You're too slow!

:sonic:

Edit: Dammit! I was too slow with posting that.

All kidding aside, it does move very fast. On the subject of Toad, I think it's still a possibility of him being included due to Sakurai's comments. However, it could also mean something entirely different. I wouldn't mind Toad though. He is one if the characters I've started warming up to, along with Waluigi and Paper Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom