• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah whats up with that rumor of N ounce being a zoroark because if its true then I guess it makes a bit of since considering his hair is all long and poofy.
Well, it's more because of the fact that he not only has the same hairstyle as one, but he's able to actually talk with Pokemon. Not to mention Black 2/White 2 confirmed that Zoroark can copy human speech and talk and act like a human (Scared the hell out of me the first time since I didn't see it coming). That, and in the flashbacks of Black 2/White 2, a Zoroark appears guarding N's castle, but you never see it after you go inside, as well as the Zoroark that appears in the Team Plasma base in Driftveil City that gives you a flashback to N's memories. Believe what you may...I think N might actually be a Zoroark. :p

Gune

Smash Lord
So I have been planning a gamegrumps-style show with my friend, where we sit and play games and ****.

Would anyone here be interested in watching it/have any game suggestions? We plan on starting with galaxy and Pokemon rumble.
Make lots of puns so the masses can make animated videos out of it that are funnier than the actual video it came from, I guess I would watch it I like letsplays and playthroughs but I do suggest playing some mega man games hell even some cavestory.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Holy damn, scratch that, finally found one on the GTS without a goddamned legendary wanted in return. I can finally get a Mismagius!

I don't suppose anyone here knows any good breeding tips? I never really cared about competitive Pokemon but I'm starting to feel as though I should try to get perfect stats and natures and whatever so my team doesn't completely suck. It's really depressing that I got my Goodra up to level 100 and it still gets taken out easily by skilled players.
get enough dittos from the friend safari to cover full ivs in every stat. try to pass natures with everstones, and ivs with destiny knot. for specifics, just find a vid. i reccommend shofu :)
Also BTW, is divinediety really back?
russabration_medium.gif
woot! Turn up! Finally another strong pac-supporter. The current pac-supporters are slscking...im looking at u 3 bluepikmin, 8peacock8, and pacack.:smirk:

Gune

Smash Lord
Well, it's more because of the fact that he not only has the same hairstyle as one, but he's able to actually talk with Pokemon. Not to mention Black 2/White 2 confirmed that Zoroark can copy human speech and talk and act like a human (Scared the hell out of me the first time since I didn't see it coming). That, and in the flashbacks of Black 2/White 2, a Zoroark appears guarding N's castle, but you never see it after you go inside, as well as the Zoroark that appears in the Team Plasma base in Driftveil City that gives you a flashback to N's memories. Believe what you may...I think N might actually be a Zoroark. :p
He needs to stop hiding behind his illusions so I can catch him.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So I have been planning a gamegrumps-style show with my friend, where we sit and play games and ****.

Would anyone here be interested in watching it/have any game suggestions? We plan on starting with mario galaxy and Pokemon rumble.
Play games you love, that's what I say!
I've tried doing BioShock, Fallout, and Mother 3 let's plays but I'm not an interesting commentator and don't really have the equipment for it. :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Make lots of puns so the masses can make animated videos out of it that are funnier than the actual video it came from, I guess I would watch it I like letsplays and playthroughs but I do suggest playing some mega man games hell even some cavestory.
As soon as either Wii u cave story comes out (you know its going to) or I have access to the Wii shop channel, cave story will be a definite go

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
get enough dittos from the friend safari to cover full ivs in every stat. try to pass natures with everstones, and ivs with destiny knot. for specifics, just find a vid. i reccommend shofu :)
I do not have any Dittos in the friend safari, I only have one I caught in the wild.

andimidna

Smash Master
I got one actually...since we have a bunch of new franchises coming in, does anyone have any music they hope to make it into the game with certain newcomers being added and veterans returning?
Gateway Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy Theme
Good Egg Galaxy Theme
Kamella's Theme
Bowser Jr's Theme
Final Bowser Theme
Comet Observatory Theme
SMG Title Screen
SMG2 Title Screen
Melty Monster Galaxy Theme
Starbit Festival Theme
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy Theme
Battle Belt Galaxy Theme
Space Junk Galaxy Theme
Buoy Base Galaxy Theme
Credits Remix
Sweet, Sweet Galaxy Theme
Megaleg's Theme
Dino Piranha Remix
King Kaliente's Theme

Rainbow Road
N64 Rainbow Road Theme
Wii Rainbow Road Theme
3ds Rainbow Road Theme
3ds Rosalina's Ice World Theme
3ds Music Park Theme
Wii DK Summit Theme
3ds Daisy Hills Theme
SNES Mario Circuit Theme
3ds Neo Bowser City Theme
3ds Shy Guy Bazaar Theme

Dr. Wily's Castle

Any and every nostalgic Megaman 2 theme.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Play games you love, that's what I say!
I've tried doing BioShock, Fallout, and Mother 3 let's plays but I'm not an interesting commentator and don't really have the equipment for it. :p
Since I've commentated for about 3ish years now I should be good. Unfortunately my capture card can only hook up to the Wii U I have, so there's going to mostly be things on there, Wii stuff or virtual console.

Also I do make great puns and my co-commentator is even better. I've joked we should make our internet names Joshtron and egoROBtor. It was funny at the time, OK?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wasn't the development of Smash Bros started shortly after Uprising's release? I'd assume that'd be April, and with a game like Smash Bros, wouldn't picking a roster be one of the top priorities? If so...I'd say that, saying it takes a while to finalize a roster, the pickings started in about May of last year, and even then, it's not like Zoroark fell of the map entirely for marketing, especially thanks to N's Zorua and how he's most commonly associated with Zoroark (Some people believe he really IS a Zoroark), that aside, I'm just saying it's not all over for Zoroark...or at least that's what I try to hope. :c
I'd assume yes, but we do have to remember that GF is the group that Sakurai has to go through and they're not easy to work with, it'd probably take some time to get everything fleshed out for the roster and other material like items and Pokeball Pokemon. During that time, it was in a better position then now but GF was starting to phase it out as well. It's a bit of a precarious position as it depends completely on what GF thought at the time as well as if they had their future plans in mind for Gen 6, which I'm assuming they did considering Sakurai's comment on Mewtwo as well as Xerneas' appearance in October. If I'm right, then the starters, Lucario and Mewtwo would probably be in the forefront ahead of it.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm forever alone and I know it. :(
Speaking of Pokémon though, I have a VERY IMPORTANT announcement. I think I have discovered a new glitch.
OK, so I was searching for Mega Stones when I realized it was the wrong time to hunt for them. Changed the time, grab two stones, change it back, and BOOM! Serena, Emma, ect. won't battle me any more. Has anyone else encountered this glitch? Is it cureable?

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Real talk, what would your reaction be to Greninja or Hawlucha getting a non-trainer spot?
I love Greninja personally. It is probably my favorite sixth-gen Pokémon with Hawlucha not far behind. The OCD in me hates the idea of a starter being present without the rest of the trifecta (I was SO happy when I saw the way they handled it in Brawl), however.

Hawlucha is rumored to be the mascot (along with Blaziken and Lucario) of the new Pokémon fighter thing, so that could boost his chances. At the moment, however, he doesn't have much going for him.
I would flip the **** out

animal_suit_dance.gif

And dance like that.

mon and one of my all time favorites and I didnt hop on the bandwagon when he was revealed. I was always considering froakie.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Music? Oh, I gots ideas.
How 'bout a bunch of villain-related Mario music to accompany that Bowser's Castle stage that's definitely happening.

I nice symphonic remix of the Superstar Saga Bowser's Castle theme...oooh, so beautiful.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh, for anyone who's interested, I guess you can find the channel I'm uploading to here.

It doesn't have anything uploaded yet but it will have stuff probably by the end of the week. If not, delays. Its been planned since November lol. Good thing next semester is a lot easier.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah whats up with that rumor of N ounce being a zoroark because if its true then I guess it makes a bit of since considering his hair is all long and poofy.
That sounds terrible. Something out of Fan Fiction.

Would anyone here be interested in watching it/have any game suggestions? We plan on starting with mario galaxy and Pokemon rumble.
That's all fine and good. But just make sure you find your own voice. Don't try too hard to be like the popular guys, it won't get you as far as you would think. It's also a good idea to follow any constructive criticism you may have thrown your way, be it in video production or in the gameplay. Also do Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 if you have them.

EDIT: Couch Potatoes? Not bad. Not super original, but it's memorable. Anyway, I subbed, I'll try to keep up.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm forever alone and I know it. :(
Speaking of Pokémon though, I have a VERY IMPORTANT announcement. I think I have discovered a new glitch.
OK, so I was searching for Mega Stones when I realized it was the wrong time to hunt for them. Changed the time, grab two stones, change it back, and BOOM! Serena, Emma, ect. won't battle me any more. Has anyone else encountered this glitch? Is it cureable?
This is serious, you know.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That's all fine and good. But just make sure you find your own voice. Don't try too hard to be like the popular guys, it won't get you as far as you would think. It's also a good idea to follow any constructive criticism you may have thrown your way, be it in video production or in the gameplay. Also do Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 if you have them.
I'm not new to commentating, lol. Commentated for like 3 years now? My account name is the same as it is here.

Might play mega man X eventually, its only 10$ on the eshop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not new to commentating, lol. Commentated for like 3 years now? My account name is the same as it is here.

Might play mega man X eventually, its only 10$ on the eshop.
Really now? Huh, I didn't know. I only recorded one video on YouTube, but I DON'T do commentary myself. Not really my style. I'm not super talkative I guess. But I do have a good capture device. Maybe I'll do some more whenever I get the chance.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Really now? Huh, I didn't know. I only recorded one video on YouTube, but I DON'T do commentary. Not really my style. But I do have a good capture device. Maybe I'll do some more whenever I get the chance.
Commentating is really only fun if you do it with another person. Single person LPs get really boring fast.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We are at the point where newcomers have to really stand out from the rest of the crowd to even be considered. Sakurai managed to do Rosalina justice by her being a puppeteer character, something nobody else from Smash can do.
Meanwhile on Smashboards and other sites most people thought she'd be nothing more than a semi or full on Peach clone. :smirk:
Well, to be fair... we never played as Rosalina in Super Mario Galaxy games... so we didn't really picture what Rosalina would do in Smash... and based on Sakurai's history of making clones (or semi-clones) out of newcomers who happen to be physically similar to veterans... we simply speculated that Rosalina might turn out to be a clone or semi-clone of Peach based on said history... what we did not foresee is that Sakurai would give Rosalina everything that Mario originally did in Super Mario Galaxy games in Smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Couch Potatoes? Not bad. Not super original, but it's memorable. Anyway, I subbed, I'll try to keep up.
Yeah, came up with it on the spot in November. We have been planning this for over a year now so I'm hyped.

Oh, and for subscribing, thanks! I really appreciate it!

*cough*

Oh, for anyone who's interested, I guess you can find the channel I'm uploading to here.

It doesn't have anything uploaded yet but it will have stuff probably by the end of the week. If not, delays. Its been planned since November lol. Good thing next semester is a lot easier.
Edit: maybe it would have been better to bring this up when more people are awake. Oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom