• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Replace starfy with shulk and i'm fine with bluepikmin's safe roster.

@top tier, the WTF character is WFT I don't think we'll get another.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm on my iPad, but I would go with

No cuts

Mario series
Dr. Mario

DK series
Add K. Rool

Metroid
Add Ridley

KI
Add Palutena

Pokemon
Add Mewtwo

FE
Add Roy

Third Party
Add Pac-Man

Other/Retro
Add Takamaru, Isaac, Little Mac.

Maybes
Tetra
Mii
Lip
That doesn't sound very different from what I had except a few slight changes in opinion, and that's okay, diversity's great.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Don't be too hard on yourself. You coined the term in reference to 'relevance,' which is all fine and dandy, but then people ripped it off to argue against character popularity(?!) and actual legitimate factors, so it's been corrupted to some degree. :(
I don't he originated the term, actually. I've heard "muh" used in various other places.
He might've been the first to use it on Smashboards, but I'm not sure.
Correct me if I'm wrong on something.

-----

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He is a star guy, he had like one DS game released over seas and made a cameo on Super Princess Peach
He spins around and is better as an assist trophy imo
Alright, that's what I thought.

Just another Japanese Yokai. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But it's healthy for you. :p You gotta get your grains and nutrients some way you know. :p

No seriously, I'd rather have a Smash diet that didn't feature Rye or Corn. |3
Pike and Martini only...

Hmm...

Not sure if that is a good combination, but still it's something interesting at least. Putting Corn or Rye in it would clash with a somewhat classy dish.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
You said that sakurai is "going to crush our dreams" i'm assuming that your implying that he'll add another random character that nobody expected.

I don't think he will, he already had his laughs with the WFT rage.
Gotcha.
I honestly wouldnt mind another casual series gets a rep, there really wasnt a lot of casual game references in the previous games

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Pike and Martini only...

Hmm...

Not sure if that is a good combination, but still it's something interesting at least. Putting Corn or Rye in it would clash with a somewhat classy dish.
Eh...I'd rather have Pike and the Martha Stewart cookbook, that way you can prepare many different kind of dishes with your pike...all to be displayed in the trophies section.

@Hotfeet/Pikmin

I would love it if the roster was either of yours anyway :).
I wouldn't be complaining if it was yours either.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think there's a pattern. Jiggly puff wasn't a random character to me the anime was really soaring during that time, We got 2 in melee and 1 in brawl.
Brawl had Zero Suit Samus (to a degree), Pokemon Trainer, and ROB.
Smash 64 had Captain Falcon and Ness (at least to the West), Jigglypuff is pretty WTF over Mewtwo and Meowth nevertheless.
Melee had Game + Watch and Ice Climbers, I would honestly throw Dr. Mario in there as well.

WTF is subjective. I honestly don't think Wii Fit Trainer is very WTF.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai doesn't crush dreams by confirming characters like Wii Fit Trainer. He crushes dreams by deconfirming popular characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've been meaning to ask, has anyone compiled a neutral or average roster that everyone more or less agrees upon?

This is one of mine that a lot of people seem to like.(Though I'm thinking of swapping Palutena for Famicom Wars.)

Tips I'd give you

• Being female does not influence your inclusion AT ALL
  • Being recenct won't either with the exception of Pokemon.
  • You can NOT remove super important and popular characters for lesser ones or characters with literally no reason to be playable (Like Paula, Fi, Wonder Red. Those character don't deserve to even be considered.) Like you can't remove Ike (the most popular lord who also had 2 appearances) for Chrom or a tutorial mascot.
  • Sakurai says he can't recreate every character that's been in Smash. This includes every cut Melee veteran meaning we could very well not have any cuts from Brawl.
  • Wonder Red has 0 reason to be in Smash.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Brawl had Zero Suit Samus (to a degree), Pokemon Trainer, and ROB.
Smash 64 had Captain Falcon and Ness (at least to the West), Jigglypuff is pretty WTF over Mewtwo and Meowth nevertheless.
Melee had Game + Watch and Ice Climbers, I would honestly throw Dr. Mario in there as well.

WTF is subjective. I honestly don't think Wii Fit Trainer is very WTF.
By wtf i mean a character that barely anyone wanted or expected, not much people wanted r.o.b. game and watch and pichu to an extent. jigglypuff used to be the #2 popular pkmn with pika being first, no surprise at that choice.

I'm basically talking about him adding random characters people will hate on.... like if he adds diskun (sorry saturn) the internet will explode with rage. I certainly didn't expect WFT and she was hated on by alot of people outside these boards and still is sadly.

Attempts: 7

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Eh...I'd rather have Pike and the Martha Stewart cookbook, that way you can prepare many different kind of dishes with your pike...all to be displayed in the trophies section.
That is a waste of some decent cuisine if it's all going to be dumped in the trophies section. For some queer reason, those dishes mostly came from Flambe Enchilada: Pasta of Ravioli and Flambe Enchilada: Ravioli Danish, seriously nothing else from like Flambe Enchilada: Granola of the Hot Water or Flambe Enchilada: Turkey 165 °F?

Louie G.

Smash Hero

This is one of mine that a lot of people seem to like.(Though I'm thinking of swapping Palutena for Famicom Wars.)

Tips I'd give you

• You can NOT remove super important and popular characters for lesser ones or characters with literally no reason to be playable (Like Paula, Fi, Wonder Red. Those character don't deserve to even be considered.) Like you can't remove Ike (the most popular lord who also had 2 appearances) for Chrom or a tutorial mascot.
  • Sakurai says he can't recreate every character that's been in Smash. This includes every cut Melee veteran meaning we could very well not have any cuts from Brawl.
I reccomend keeping Palutena. She's got so much going for her, I don't understand why everyone is losing faith in her.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This roster is pretty much that everyone will agree on, though this is a pretty old roster, now that
Could use some fixes, but MUCH better. I like it.

I'm basically talking about him adding random characters people will hate on.... like if he adds diskun (sorry saturn) the internet will explode with rage. 7
I don't mind. I'm not a super Diskun fan, I only speculate that he might appear. It's quite obvious that it will piss people off. I however, as a Metal Mario fan would love to see Metal Mario's inclusion as well as people being pissed off by it.

Morbi

Scavenger
By wtf i mean a character that barely anyone wanted or expected, not much people wanted r.o.b. game and watch and pichu to an extent. jigglypuff used to be the #2 popular pkmn with pika being first, no surprise at that choice.

I'm basically talking about him adding random characters people will hate on.... like if he adds diskun (sorry saturn) the internet will explode with rage. I certainly didn't expect WFT and she was hated on by alot of people outside these boards and still is sadly.

Attempts: 7
Yes, that was my bad, I was thinking of "unexpected" as opposed to WTF.

Tips I'd give you

Those tips...

1. Pro-Tip: replace one of the number one wanted newcomers that Sora Ltd. has exposure to... for Andy.
2. Completely disregard a character for an arbitrary reason.
3. Expect no cuts despite Sakurai stating that there will be cuts.

That is the Morbid translation.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Tips I'd give you

I kinda double posted, but I may as well also say that if anyone should be replaced it should probably be Starfy or Isaac.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I reccomend keeping Palutena. She's got so much going for her, I don't understand why everyone is losing faith in her.
People are losing faith in her because most likely they're thinking that Kid Icarus isn't in dire need of extra representation and could be represented quite fine with just Pit. I mean, I'd love to play as Palutena, she's easily my second favorite Nintendo female character and favorite character in Kid Icarus next to Hades, but I'm not sure if she's going to make the cut.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
People are losing faith in her because most likely they're thinking that Kid Icarus isn't in dire need of extra representation and could be represented quite fine with just Pit. I mean, I'd love to play as Palutena, she's easily my second favorite Nintendo female character and favorite character in Kid Icarus next to Hades, but I'm not sure if she's going to make the cut.
She's a lot more plausible than many ideas being thrown around. And if Mother can warrant 2 characters (even if Lucas can represent a different part of Mother or whatever) Kid Icarus can easily.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I only worry because she's really only deserving as a Kid Icarus character and not so much a Nintendo icon. I don't want to lose faith in her, but you have to admit she hasn't done a lot to earn a playable appearance as a Nintendo character over most others.

I kinda double posted, but I may as well also say that if anyone should be replaced it should probably be Starfy or Isaac.
That's usually who gets replaced in my roster. Starfy has been replaced by Diskun before and I've replaced Issac with Andy Version 6.7 of my roster. :p

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
She's a lot more plausible than many ideas being thrown around. And if Mother can warrant 2 characters (even if Lucas can represent a different part of Mother or whatever) Kid Icarus can easily.
Maybe...but I don't know about that comparison. I mean, Mother is a legendary franchise whose games are all super-highly acclaimed as being games far ahead of their times....Kid Icarus is a franchise consisting of a tough-as-nails first game, an american-only sequel that's almost completely shunned, and Uprising for the 3DS that, while very successful, is nowhere near as overall successful as Mother. It's kind of a rough comparison, but still, I'd like to see her in, but there's things that should be filled in first.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well for starters, people expecting the whole "Final Smash = deconfirmed" thing are going to be severely disappointed since Palutena's Army is either going to be scrapped or (if it actually happens) moves to become Palutena's Final Smash with (hopefully) buffs.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well for starters, people expecting the whole "Final Smash = deconfirmed" thing are going to be severely disappointed since Palutena's Army is either going to be scrapped or (if it actually happens) moves to become Palutena's Final Smash with (hopefully) buffs.
Since were getting moves from Uprising, I think Pit's FS will definitely be different. Perhaps 3 Sacred Treasures.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think some sort of KI character will be added, The game is still popular to this day and is one of the best 3ds games out there. (even though the moving recticle and camera with the touch screen is dumb).

Plus I would love to see more snake like codecs from palutena and pit, since KI loves breaking the 4th wall. XD

I also think pit is gonna be top tier.

64 Pika: pokemon exploded in 99' makes sense.
Melee Fox: sakurai likes starfox wanted to make a new game at the time, makes sense.
Brawl: obviously sakurai is gonna make one his characters OP sooner or later
Smash U: KI: his latest creation, the orbitars are gonna be even MORE useful then the mirror shield, and no flinching/knockback on the side B, plus a quicker Up-B? yeah most people assume villager or megaman will be #1, my money's on pit. (and No AP didn't hack my account, just bored.)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Maybe...but I don't know about that comparison. I mean, Mother is a legendary franchise whose games are all super-highly acclaimed as being games far ahead of their times....Kid Icarus is a franchise consisting of a tough-as-nails first game, an american-only sequel that's almost completely shunned, and Uprising for the 3DS that, while very successful, is nowhere near as overall successful as Mother. It's kind of a rough comparison, but still, I'd like to see her in, but there's things that should be filled in first.
I agree that characters like K. Rool and Ridley definitely deserve a spot first.
But althought the Mother games are amazing, they are not too popular or well known, while KI was a very very popular NES game.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry, but there is just so much wrong with this post:

1. Pro-Tip: replace one of the number one wanted newcomers that Sora Ltd. has exposure to... for Andy. I see nothing wrong with replacing a character with little significance to Nintendo's History for a series that did, because "muh requests."
2. Completely disregard a character for an arbitrary reason. You're lack of effort to read my reasons does not make them arbitrary.
3. Expect no cuts despite Sakurai stating that there will be cuts. Sakurai did not say anything about cuts. He said he wouldn't be able to recreate every character that's been in Smash at this point. This includes Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Young Link, and Mewtwo and could very well include characters planned for Brawl that didn't make it in.

Morbi

Scavenger
I like to look at the way Sakurai is treating Pit (he was a front-runner two times now, even ahead of our neglected green dinosaur) to determine her likelihood to be honest. An inherent quality of Palutena is that Sakurai would have to completely disregard the notion to avoid it. There is no way her plausibility was over-looked. I don't want to use the "we need more females argument" as it is dismissed here. However, I would honestly proclaim that they argument has some value. It isn't going to turn into the slippery slope fallacy that most members turn it into. Palutena has a lot more going for her aside from her sex, let us just say the notion that she is a female certainly doesn't hurt her chances. Nintendo is a casual company... you see where I am going with this. I don't want to allude to any feminism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom