• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And we're tired of you saying "Muh". It's obnoxious.
Piss off. There exists an ignore button. Something I'm too weak too use even though you yourself are obnoxious entirely. With all you're arrogant posts about how everything everyone says is worthless and a waste of your time, your predictable and childish "irony" comebacks, Your "Sakurai picks muh iconic Pokemon" propaganda which is a lie according to Brawl's inclusion of Lucario & Jigglypuff without Meowth and Mewtwo, and you're nonstop anti-Saturn attitude in every reply. You may be the only person I could ignore and not feel bad about or backing down from. At least Divine Deity was FUN to argue with.

I might just go ahead and do that, I can't look at your alert in my inbox without cringing and slowly opening my eyes to prepare for ranting or simple complaining about how everyone on this thread is an idiot except for you.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Truth be told, if recency, popularity, and requests don't warrant a character's inclusion...
What does?
Long or significant history and unique potential or diversity.

For example: Diskun and ROB's significant role as a mascot or key/iconic accessory for a console basically overrides the popularity, requests, and recency (Which isn't even criteria outside of Pokemon as far as I'm concerned, and there is no hard evidence that any character outside of Pokemon has gotten with recency being a key factor to their inclusion. Not even Roy and Ike were added due to recency any more than Zelda was added for being female.)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Piss off. There exists an ignore button. Something I'm too weak too use even though you yourself are obnoxious entirely. With all you're arrogant posts about how everything everyone says is worthless and a waste of your time, your predictable and childish "irony" comebacks, Your "Sakurai picks muh iconic Pokemon" propaganda which is a lie according to Brawl's inclusion of Lucario & Jigglypuff without Meowth and Mewtwo, and you're nonstop anti-Saturn attitude in every reply. You may be the only person I could ignore and not feel bad about or backing down from. At least Divine Deity was FUN to argue with.

Now I'm hungry for candy...dammit Sylveon.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Blame me, I was mocking the flawed arguments people have and it caught on.
Don't be too hard on yourself. You coined the term in reference to 'relevance,' which is all fine and dandy, but then people ripped it off to argue against character popularity(?!) and actual legitimate factors, so it's been corrupted to some degree. :(

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You know Hotfeet has a huge grudge on Saturn. They can't agree with anything. If Saturn liked Felicia, I wouldn't be surprised if Hotfeet changed favourites.
Considering I am the #1 Felicia fan, I'd just laugh like I do so many others...besides, me have a grudge on him? I hate his stuck-up attitude, but grudges aren't worth carrying...I do like watching him snap though, that was funny. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Oh guys, just make up already.
We're all pals here, right?
Right?
I'll go now.

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone compiled a neutral or average roster that everyone more or less agrees upon?
I think I have, but it's on my computer.
I created the safest and most likely roster possible.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
As opposed to releasing the same game every 6 years?
You can at least tell the difference every game with Smash Bros, and they add new , unique characters. Along with new stages. COD only gives us new guns which work just like their previous ones and sort of new stages. Basicly being only a over glorified map-pack.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't be too hard on yourself. You coined the term in reference to 'relevance,' which is all fine and dandy, but then people ripped it off to argue against character popularity(?!) and actual legitimate factors, so it's been corrupted to some degree. :(
People abuse it for the wrong reasons, which is probably why the whole joke went keelhaul.

I kind of moved on from that silly "muh" word because of it. Now I just mock people in a similar fashion to what you do. You know, typical ass backwards sarcasm.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I've been meaning to ask, has anyone compiled a neutral or average roster that everyone more or less agrees upon?
There's been ones, but they mainly include characters everyone want and no cuts...for example...

People don't like change, and try to come to grips with the fact that not everything may be the same. And even then, not all people like returning veterans and newcomers. Some want Roy over Chrom, some want Chrom over Roy, blah blah blah, it never ends.

You need a very strong sense of patience if you're going to last here. However, don't let people get you discouraged. We all started out bad and improved, I say you will most likely be the same. So no hard feelings.

Morbi

Scavenger
You can at least tell the difference every game with Smash Bros, and they add new , unique characters. Along with new stages. COD only gives us new guns which work just like their previous ones and sort of new stages. Basicly being only a over glorified map-pack.
That is obviously subjective. I have spent a lot of time playing COD, trust me, it is easy to assume that they are all the same just like it is easy to assume that all Smash games are the same... initially. Once you actually commit to playing either game, you would realize that dozens of subtle differences along with the net-code and meta-game differences truly change the games immensely. My point is that it is fallacious, hasty generalization fallacy. However, COD is the red-headed step child of the gaming industry now, so it doesn't really matter. People will believe what they want to believe.

Morbi

Scavenger
No cuts, add Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru, Ridley, and Mewtwo. It isn't realistic; however, it is what most people agree on (for whatever delusional reason).

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
thats right, because at the end of the day Sakurai's job is to crush all of our hopes and dreams. . .
Isnt that right Toad fans?
(R.I.P. Pichu -the only good character in Melee- :pichumelee:)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This roster is pretty much that everyone will agree on, though this is a pretty old roster, now that Toad is pretty much deconfirmed:
My only complain in Tetra. Oh, and Toad. BTW... who is Starfy? A poster of him was in M&LSS... but I had no idea who he was.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
My only complain in Tetra. Oh, and Toad. BTW... who is Starfy? A poster of him was in M&LSS... but I had no idea who he was.
He is a star guy, he had like one DS game released over seas and made a cameo on Super Princess Peach
He spins around and is better as an assist trophy imo

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I'm on my iPad, but I would go with

No cuts

Mario series
Dr. Mario

DK series
Add K. Rool

Metroid
Add Ridley

KI