• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Happy birthday Stephen!

I've been playing Skyrim mad hard, level 28 already rooooofl

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am not down for having MK banned forever, but I think the ban will actually help all those MK mains who don't know much about the game (looking at the twins) really improve and learn. If I host something I'll likely have MK legal.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
I am not down for having MK banned forever, but I think the ban will actually help all those MK mains who don't know much about the game (looking at the twins) really improve and learn. If I host something I'll likely have MK legal.
LOL u talk as if i dont know **** about this game. in order to place consistently high, u would think that i know at least something.. rite? gimme some credit here

y would u want me to improve and learn? easy money for u lol. :)

just give me back mk and everything is cool lololol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
LOL u talk as if i dont know **** about this game. in order to place consistently high, u would think that i know at least something.. rite? gimme some credit here

y would u want me to improve and learn? easy money for u lol. :)

just give me back mk and everything is cool lololol
yeah. give him back MK so he can beat me in pools and I can beat him in bracket instead.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You guys pretty much told me at your house you don't know THAT much about the game. Obviously you guys know stuff (for reasons you just gave), but clearly there is a lot more to learn. Other characters force you to read into situations you might not have thought about by just using MK. Like my MK has been called "weird" but it gets **** done in pretty much every match-up except for MK dittos because I essentially use tricks I know from all the other characters I play.

Just my take on things. I am sure MK will be back soon though.

Frio

Smash Champion
Lulz give me a break. The only ones who know **** about this game is probs Luke and Jack and they're the ones you can't beat. Maybe Brandon too but he plays sonic. Other than that you're out placing other people who also know nothing.

/Alberta is trash or maybe brawl is trash IDK

Luke . says
there's gonna be a lot of beef now
Mark . says
I spoke the truth
Alberta isnt some amazing pro community
Luke . says
for the record I don't think brandon knows much
except about sonic
Mark . says
I was trying to avoid
drama
>_>
Luke . says
WTF
trying to avoid drama
Mark . says
ima quote u noe
Luke . says
biggest BS i've herad
Mark . says
LOLOLOLO
Luke . says
heard
looool
I wouldn't even be mad

MeSSi

Smash Ace
well like **** i dont know as much as luke/jack do but i do know some stuff.

lol luke. u know that i play basically every high tier in this game and therefore have probs explored those "situations" .

the only reason y i play other chars like snake, falco, wario, olimar (recently), diddy against u and jack is so that i might find some flaws in yur guys' game that i couldnt see before. ( it was exposed cuz of yur guys' approach to my new char)

yur basically telling me to learn the game more by playing new characters... but i have been doing that for awhile now.

and yea no beef mark lol, just discussion cuz i am really bored and cant sleep :)

Frio

Smash Champion
Now that I'm thinking about it I think it's just me hating on brawl and how there isn't even that much to know in the first place.

EDIT: Lulz just saw Brandon's horribly bad mannered post. I don't nkow how he gets away with that.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
yea i guess yur right mike, but i feel that i have hit a brick wall with my development and finding new ways to improve myself.

and it doesnt help when my main is gone, not just here but everywhere./ blahblah crymeariver

lol mark

edit: brandon's just mad that he isnt canada's aura blue lolol

T-block

B2B TST
Brandon just needs to feel good about himself sometimes, kay? Lay off him gawd

If I had to sum up Brawl in one statement, I'd say it's fundamentally about knowing your options. And with that alone, there's already a lot to learn. I don't know how you perceive the game right now, but if you switch perspectives to training yourself to know by instinct what your options are in any given situation in any given matchup, you might see improvement.

I dunno... any time I noticeably improved, it was because of a perspective switch.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Now that I'm thinking about it I think it's just me hating on brawl and how there isn't even that much to know in the first place.

EDIT: Lulz just saw Brandon's horribly bad mannered post. I don't nkow how he gets away with that.
wat?

yea i guess yur right mike, but i feel that i have hit a brick wall with my development and finding new ways to improve myself.

and it doesnt help when my main is gone, not just here but everywhere./ blahblah crymeariver

lol mark

edit: brandon's just mad that he isnt canada's aura blue lolol
wat?

Brandon just needs to feel good about himself sometimes, kay? Lay off him gawd

If I had to sum up Brawl in one statement, I'd say it's fundamentally about knowing your options. And with that alone, there's already a lot to learn. I don't know how you perceive the game right now, but if you switch perspectives to training yourself to know by instinct what your options are in any given situation in any given matchup, you might see improvement.

I dunno... any time I noticeably improved, it was because of a perspective switch.
wat?

--

your guys' drama. not mine. i ain't even mad. lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just to add on: it's about knowing all of your options in any given scenario AS they come up. None of us in AB are really that great at doing that because I know I still have "set" approaches or "set" follow-ups that I use all the time, and I know Jack does the same thing too. If you can train yourself never to auto pilot, then you're a good player.

Frio

Smash Champion
Mike is my hero LOL

But I can see where you're coming from actually. When I started Olimar I felt like I changed perspectives. I wasn't focusing on my own actions anymore, I started to focus on my opponents actions more. That was probably the last improvement I've made lulz.

EDIT: doesn't matter if you're mad or not Brandon you say a lot of bad mannered ****. Might be unintentional but w.e

Also who coined the Alberta beef phrase? Anyone remember?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Bad mannered as in talking about wanting to beat Alvin in bracket?

I'm asking honestly here because if you think this is a problem, unintentional or not then I'll try to be more aware about it. (for this and anything I may say)

Forget who coined the term but it's the greatest thing ever.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Alvin if you want to improve after you've hit a brick wall, as Mike said you have to have a perspective change. I always find that change when I play Wifi, because of all the varied play-styles out there that you have to deal with. It's rare that I find it offline because our community is so small and I'm used to the way you all play, it's not good enough to improve as a player for me anymore.

The fact that you can pick up the controller any time and find an opponent is always beneficial if you're in the mood for improving, you just have to be tolerant with it(Keep in mind some of the best players are Wifi players). Also the more time you put into something the better you'll be at your trade, sort of speak. I'm sure me and Luke play a lot more than anyone here(Though I haven't been playing at all lately because of Skyrim booooyaaahhh).

Not sure if I told you guys this(@twins) but I think MK being banned is the best thing that could of happened to you guys. It makes you think in different ways, as a result you'll be a much broader and smarter player instead of a one-trick-pony sort of deal(No offense intended homies). This will help you think more "outside the box" I believe.

Just give it time, people naturally hate change but I find that once you get comfortable with it you'll find the game much better then before. If MK is ever unbanned you'll keep those necessary skills and be infinitely better MK mains.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Alvin if you want to improve after you've hit a brick wall, as Mike said you have to have a perspective change. I always find that change when I play Wifi, because of all the varied play-styles out there that you have to deal with. It's rare that I find it offline because our community is so small and I'm used to the way you all play, it's not good enough to improve as a player for me anymore.

The fact that you can pick up the controller any time and find an opponent is always beneficial if you're in the mood for improving, you just have to be tolerant with it(Keep in mind some of the best players are Wifi players). Also the more time you put into something the better you'll be at your trade, sort of speak. I'm sure me and Luke play a lot more than anyone here(Though I haven't been playing at all lately because of Skyrim booooyaaahhh).

Not sure if I told you guys this(@twins) but I think MK being banned is the best thing that could of happened to you guys. It makes you think in different ways, as a result you'll be a much broader and smarter player instead of a one-trick-pony sort of deal(No offense intended homies). This will help you think more "outside the box" I believe.

Just give it time, people naturally hate change but I find that once you get comfortable with it you'll find the game much better then before. If MK is ever unbanned you'll keep those necessary skills and be infinitely better MK mains.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know Blazblue and SSBB are different games but the reason I got good at Blazblue is because I logged in over 15000 games online. I know online might have some lag, and at times you might be screwed over by such lag, but at the end of the day its opening you up to a lot of different styles of play and ultimately getting you better overall at the game.

Also when I picked up MK, I got a lot better at the game fast. My placements in tournies also when up. You can say that I was being carried by MK or that MK isn't teaching you much, but at the end of the day your logging in those games to become a better player. As long as you have an open mind about the situation and take every situation one step at a time it really doesn't matter to much what character you use (I know there are some exceptions but you get my point)

Just my 2 cents:)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

The fact that you can pick up the controller any time and find an opponent is always beneficial if you're in the mood for improving, you just have to be tolerant with it(Keep in mind some of the best players are Wifi players). Also the more time you put into something the better you'll be at your trade, sort of speak. I'm sure me and Luke play a lot more than anyone here(Though I haven't been playing at all lately because of Skyrim booooyaaahhh.
Normally I'd agree with you for online play benefiting you, but not when the delay is so high for online. High delay online play is beneficial at low or even mid level play, but when you start to get to high levels of delay of about 7 frames or higher(maybe even 5), you start to play a whole different game that doesn't really correlate with normal offline smash, essentially it turns into fake smash.

I've played in 8 frames of delay for years way back in the day, and well...I was stupid bad when it came back to trying to display my online "skills" to console. This wasn't a delay problem thing either, it's just that low delay situations occur much more often.

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
im going to main lucario next monthly... luke is probably laughing at me

better read up on the match guys.... aura blue is HERE!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Limeee

Smash Champion
ITT: extreme theorycraft
and keith/hensels are already back, have been since sunday

pretty sure that im the highest placing player in AB that doesn't know anything about this game and relys on tricks (shuttle loop, snake), but it doesn't matter i probably wont take this game seriously again until mk is unbanned

:009:

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
pretty sure that im the highest placing player in AB that doesn't know anything about this game and relys on tricks (shuttle loop, snake), but it doesn't matter i probably wont take this game seriously do that well again until mk is unbanned

fixed for you jamie

Limeee

Smash Champion
There was basically zero theorycraft, Jamie.
There definitely was, but I'm not saying its a bad thing. You guys are generalizing the best way to improve when in actuality its different for every individual person. Also brother Mike you dont need to poke fun at me I already poked fun at myself

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just to let everyone know, I should be able to host this friday, and I will be adding UMvC3 to the list of other games (so far that includes BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood) seeing as I just picked that up yesterday.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Teach me how to play marvel stephan :V. I'll be picking it up after the melee tourney this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom