• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Actually no it hasn't LOL. The only song I really liked from the new set is Izayoi's tbh. Maybe they'll grow on me, but they didn't hit me as fast as the CS's OST.

Are you coming to Stefan's place on friday? We could test the lag there too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Actually no it hasn't LOL. The only song I really liked from the new set is Izayoi's tbh. Maybe they'll grow on me, but they didn't hit me as fast as the CS's OST.

Are you coming to Stefan's place on friday? We could test the lag there too.
So I can confirm here and now that this thing bloody well works. I got no input lag on my button inputs through the monitor. I can even plug in a headset to the adapter in the back to blast the music there too. Kinda cool. I bet I could probably get an audio splitter and that way, with headphones, have the gamers even more entranced. But yeah, as far as I'm concerned, no lag on my end. Not once did I miss a platform cancel and anything I did flub on I can attest to me being rusty and not playing this game for a while.

Just trying to get this bloody adapter to work to run the GameCube controller on my laptop. But yeah, things are looking up. I'll bring the converter so we can hook it up to a Wii, then just put it to Stephan's ASUS monitor if you guys wanna give it a go. Game Mode makes the game look pretty vibrant too. For me, when I hit the button, it responded without a delay.

I'm kinda shocked tbh.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
so are the dates for every event a bit similar? Should i expect the next one to be around the beginning of march?
typically yeah, especially now that a wave of midterms is starting to pass for most of us at the uofa

if you have facebook try to keep in touch with us there, we do most of our planning there since most people dont have or check smashboards as often as they do facebook
http://www.facebook.com/groups/albertasmash/

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Victor answering something he doesn't know at all >_>.
No the dates follow no pattern besides the fact they're on a Saturday.

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
The date is basically whenever keith wills it so.

Lol super smash flash. Is that the one where you can play as cloud and chrono and you only have 2 buttons?... Brandon you going to stefans?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The date is basically whenever keith wills it so.

Lol super smash flash. Is that the one where you can play as cloud and chrono and you only have 2 buttons?... Brandon you going to stefans?
Nope. Super Smash Flash 2 is the game that's got a pretty decent line-up and includes Black Mage to rep Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Bomberman, and a lot of the main Smash cast too. Still in development but from what I played at APEX it was actually pretty decent. The only real "odd" characters in the mix are Goku, Naruto and Ichigo, but those characters have had plenty of Nintendo-based appearances. Super Smash Crusade runs at 60 fps but seems a lot more buggy.

And yes, I'm going to Stephan's.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Were you there at the last KSA tournament? It's the same room.

Otherwise it looks just like a regular classroom. Like GSB but with less tables lol

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Hey Cam, if you are coming to my place tomorrow and are intending to bring PSAS, you will only need to bring the game and controllers due to me getting a PS3.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Who's all going to Stephens today? I think I'm gonna go. Got my night off and nothing to do.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Sorry about how sudden this is, but I am going to have to call off the smashfest today and postpone it till next Friday. I came down with something suddenly last night and haven't been able to get any sleep as a result.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
You gonna go tomorrow by any chance?
I'll have to wait and see. I'll try and get off work early. I work the day shift tomorrow. Then I'm having a game night with friends but I'm not sure what time yet.
I wanna play some PM!
Chances are I'll be there for a bit

Now to figure out what I'm doing tonight...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll post here tomorrow when I get off work tomorrow. Thats the best I can do lol
No way to know when I'll be done work until I'm at work =/
Still a chance I can't make it tho

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I want Project: M Singles next event. Playing Charizard for the little time I did in that crew battle was awesome.

I'd almost say we could try disregarding doubles for one tournament and make next month a singles affair, but I know that'd be met with lots of negative feedback.

Each game with a $5/$10 entry fee, complete with pools for Brawl, Melee and Project: M. Or maybe just focus on two games. Just my two cents, but that's also just me being selfish and wanting to play more Project: M with Brawl.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
we could do another singles bracket in place of brawl doubles & brawl pools

i like pools and doubles, but i'd rather have singles for all 3 games given the time restraints we have.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Iuno man. Melee singles (straight bracket), then brawl doubles + singles lasted hella long. I dunno how viable having pools would be with time constraints.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But there's a lot of hype that builds from all the one on one matches that come up in any of the games. That, and no offense to any of the Melee players, but when NOBODY but the Brawl players sign up for Doubles (the way it usually goes down is Jack & Alvin team, so do Mark & Luke, then we occassionally mix up the teams below), well... I'm not sure how to say it really. I'm disappointed but I'm also not going to say "YOU HAVE TO PLAY OUR GAMES BECAUSE WE PLAY YOURS." That's just petty.

But if all we're going to get is 5 teams, with a free sign-up and the same players all the time, I'd rather just focus on singles and get the most out of games that everyone will enter as far as events go.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i am down for $5 singles for each game next month

if the competition gets really serious and people step it up lets move it back up to $10 but for now no one wants to feed jack/luke/steve $10 for each game

Top Bottom