• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What fields of study did you consider going into throughout your life? Include even the silly ones from when you were little if you had any.
Only one that seriously interested me before was Medicine. I'd read all about it before when I was younger, and continued into my adolescent life with it...

...until I fainted from watching a pig brain being dissected in front of my eyes. It was then I realized that seeing this stuff in action, I couldn't bear it.

So I geared towards Computer Science like I am now.

D

Deleted member

1. If there is one game that you want Nintendo to make that isn't a Metroid game, what would it be?
2. What are your thoughts on Chrom in general?
3. In your opinion, who should be buffed and who should be nerfed?
4. Outside of Metroid, what other franchises do you play?
5. Have you encountered any Galactus players in UMvC3?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Smash related:
What do you feel is the hardest technique to pull of with Robin?

Non-Smash:
What (if any) is you particular focus with Computer Science? This interests me as a fellow CS major who has been coding for 6 years now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
1. If there is one game that you want Nintendo to make that isn't a Metroid game, what would it be?
2. What are your thoughts on Chrom in general?
3. In your opinion, who should be buffed and who should be nerfed?
4. Outside of Metroid, what other franchises do you play?
5. Have you encountered any Galactus players in UMvC3?
1. Fire Emblem crossed over with Pokemon. That or the Sinnoh remakes.

2. The character I have zero particular opinions on. Other than "Chrom teasing is overrated", that is. Though I see any diehard fan of Chrom that says stupidities and I switch opinions quickly.

3. Buff: :4bowser::4samus::4robinm::4mii::4lucina: Nerf: :4ness::4zss::4sheik::4greninja:(kek)

4. Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Mario on Nintendo's side of things.

5. I never encountered one. Hell, I didn't know of that cheat's existence, even.

Smash related:
What do you feel is the hardest technique to pull of with Robin?

Non-Smash:
What (if any) is you particular focus with Computer Science? This interests me as a fellow CS major who has been coding for 6 years now.
- The times I play Robin I find it stupidly hard to chain Arcfires. Like, HOW.

- Game Design is my primary focus, but if I can't get that I can just as easily settle for Software Engineering.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The times I play Robin I find it stupidly hard to chain Arcfires. Like, HOW.
It's all about the spacing and timing. :p

Here's a question: if you could ask any question you could think of, and receive the answer, what question would you ask?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
:lol:

Is there a God?
I believe nature is too orderly for there NOT to be a God.

What's your preferred programming language? I tend toward C# since I can use it to program in Unity3D, and that group offers a program to develop Wii U games with a Nintendo Developer's License. (Takes months for them to answer applications though...)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I believe nature is too orderly for there NOT to be a God.

What's your preferred programming language? I tend toward C# since I can use it to program in Unity3D, and that group offers a program to develop Wii U games with a Nintendo Developer's License. (Takes months for them to answer applications though...)
I wouldn't know, since I'm agnostic myself. But I digress.

I'm taking myself the time to learn C++ first, owing to how general it is. From there I'll branch appropriately, most likely to C# seeing as I've briefly used Unity3D before to make very simple Kinect-based software and I plan to expand on that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What's the hardest part of college? (I'm going in the fall)
I'm not in college yet. :p

What I can say, though, is that I feel that the hardest part is going to be adapting for those first 2 years. You have a very different lifestyle compared to high school now, so adjusting to that is going to take some time and patience.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What is your favorite new feature present in Fates?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
re: ask everything you want

What is your favorite food?
Quesadillas for a catch-all dish.

What is your favorite new feature present in Fates?
Dunno, honestly. I'd say Amiibo functionality since I have Robin/Lucina but I don't have the NFC reader for my regular 3DS.

And I can't like anything that's as controversial as face rubbing in the community.

In the end, I think it'd be My Castle. Nice hub.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hello Liquid!

Just a few from me for now...

If you had one superpower, what would it be?

Most loathsome vice in your opinion?

Favorite music genre?

Favorite tea?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Who do you feel is the most annoying character in Smash?
Ness.

PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR PEEKAY FIAR

With occasional down throw combos a la Luigi and obvious PK Thunders when you're either airborne or offstage.

Such a pain.

Hello Liquid!

Just a few from me for now...

If you had one superpower, what would it be?

Most loathsome vice in your opinion?

Favorite music genre?

Favorite tea?
-Omniscience, if it could be considered a superpower.

-I feel hypocrisy is an absolutely detestable vice, especially if it somehow ends up consistent.

-I always enjoy me some symphonic music.

-Peppermint tea is the best.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
- Favorite pairing in Awakening?

- Ever spedrun a Metroid-game?

- You go to any club/hobby activities or similar IRL?
- Robin/Lucina is way too easy, so I'll also list my second favorite, which is Lissa/Ricken.

-Only the NES version under the NARPAS SWORD cheat. I know, I suck.

-Nope. Mainly because there isn't any sort of gaming club around here, sadly.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What's your least favorite chore that you have to do around the house?

What was the least favorite job that you had?

Do you have an excessive phobia of anything?

Do you have anything that could be considered an obsession in the literal sense?

What's your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

Favorite dessert?

Least favorite meal that you eat often?

Biggest compliment you've ever received?

Who outside of your family has influenced you the most?

Do you want to get married? Do you want to have children? Would you adopt?

Thoughts on lava lamps?

Favorite video game system?

Favorite textile?

Favorite Pokemon of each type and generation?

Least favorite Pokemon of each type and generation?

Favorite arcade game?

How many blankets do you sleep with?

Describe your room.

Favorite animal?

Do you play any musical instruments? Do you sing? If not, what would you want to do?

How many dates have you been on in your life?

A miniature version of your favorite large Pokemon, or a large version of your favorite miniature Pokemon?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Smash related questions.

Who you feel is very underrated and overrated in the smash 4 metagame?

Your opinion on the game both positive and negative and little gripes you have with it ?

Favorite player/players to watch in smash 4?

PM smash 4 edition yay, meh or no?

How is the scene in Mexico in your area competition wise if your involved in that stuff?

In a short 2-3 sentence or haiku explain the joys of playing your main and the flaws of it?

Non Smash related questions. Actaully PSASBR related

You said you was apart of the PSASBR community for a bit how was the game in your eyes as a platform fighter trying to compete with smash?

What do you think of the roster in the game?

The mechanics with the game and it's pros and con's ?

In your opinion why didn't PSAS didn't took off cause it had alot of stuff going for it but some of the design choices and what not dismissed it as a smash clone sadly so I'm curious?

How was the meta for the game and who was really good and bad and popular strategies with said characters?

Also why was Kat from Gravity Rush banned from tourneys and what made her busted?

Non gaming questions.

Immortality or time travel?

That's all I got dawg.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What characters would you have wanted in PSASBR to make it a real all-star game like Smash Bros. for you? Third parties are allowed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What's your least favorite chore that you have to do around the house?

What was the least favorite job that you had?

Do you have an excessive phobia of anything?

Do you have anything that could be considered an obsession in the literal sense?

What's your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

Favorite dessert?

Least favorite meal that you eat often?

Biggest compliment you've ever received?

Who outside of your family has influenced you the most?

Do you want to get married? Do you want to have children? Would you adopt?

Thoughts on lava lamps?

Favorite video game system?

Favorite textile?

Favorite Pokemon of each type and generation?

Least favorite Pokemon of each type and generation?

Favorite arcade game?

How many blankets do you sleep with?

Describe your room.

Favorite animal?

Do you play any musical instruments? Do you sing? If not, what would you want to do?

How many dates have you been on in your life?

A miniature version of your favorite large Pokemon, or a large version of your favorite miniature Pokemon?
-Heavy lifting, when it's needed. I hate that.

-I haven't had a formal job, unless I'm misinterpreting this.

-Not really. I try and keep everything under control...hey wait. I probably have an obsession with order. I can't stand it if there's no plan or if there's a sporadic change that I was unaware of.

-A choice scarf I was given last Christmas. A godsend on cold days.

-Any type of ice cream.

-Salad, but it's a worthwhile trade off since I need to lose a few pounds that I gained in late June.

-Had to dig on an old forum for this one.

old psasbr bud said:
Your playstyle is so unorthodox that it makes you severely unpredictable, even with your habits. With some effort, you could piss off even characters that shut down Radec like Kratos. Unique player and charismatic. What else do you want?
-Teachers that I've known for 7 years. The gates to my now old school are always open should I need their advice.

-I don't have plans to. That being said, I would love a child, though I'm unwilling to adopt.

-Meh.

-The PlayStation 1, easily. Lots of childhood memories came from there.

-Silk.

-Answering these two in a favorite/unfavorite format. I'm in a little of a rush so I'll complete it later.

Fire: Delphox/Vulpix
Water: Empoleon/Mantine
Grass: Sceptile/Wormadam
Bug: Genesect/Beedrill
Rock: none of either, really
Ground: Groudon/Hippowdon
Psychic: Mewtwo/Malamar
Electric: Manectric/Stunfisk
Ice: Kyurem/Aurorus
Poison: Dragalge/Weezing
Ghost: Giratina/Rotom
Fighting: Lucario/Conkeldurr
Dragon: Zekrom/no unfavorites really
Flying: Staraptor/Pidgeot
Steel: Metagross/Steelix
Dark: Darkrai/Mandibuzz
Fairy: Sylveon/Florges

-Star Wars Trilogy Arcade.

-Three given the cold.

-A small space with just enough room to store my stuff. Decor on the walls everywhere such as diplomas, medals and posters. Some paintings. A desk with my computer and books sorted for easy grabs.

-Dogs. Sorry Splatoon.

-I don't play any musical instruments but I do sing. I'd probably like the piano.

-I've never dated.

-Miniature version of my favorite large Pokemon.

Smash related questions.

Who you feel is very underrated and overrated in the smash 4 metagame?

Your opinion on the game both positive and negative and little gripes you have with it ?

Favorite player/players to watch in smash 4?

PM smash 4 edition yay, meh or no?

How is the scene in Mexico in your area competition wise if your involved in that stuff?

In a short 2-3 sentence or haiku explain the joys of playing your main and the flaws of it?

Non Smash related questions. Actaully PSASBR related

You said you was apart of the PSASBR community for a bit how was the game in your eyes as a platform fighter trying to compete with smash?

What do you think of the roster in the game?

The mechanics with the game and it's pros and con's ?

In your opinion why didn't PSAS didn't took off cause it had alot of stuff going for it but some of the design choices and what not dismissed it as a smash clone sadly so I'm curious?

How was the meta for the game and who was really good and bad and popular strategies with said characters?

Also why was Kat from Gravity Rush banned from tourneys and what made her busted?

Non gaming questions.

Immortality or time travel?

That's all I got dawg.
-Sonic I feel is overrated, and basically any niche character is underrated for me.

-Smash 4 is pretty balanced and I have no real gripes with it. Every bad thing can be worked around except Smash Tour.

-I love Mr. R and ESAM. And @Raziek, of course. Looking forward to EVO play.

-Meh. I wouldn't mind if it gets made.

-The scene over here is limited. I've only ever gone to one tournament.

-Spam this
spam that
projectiles ahoy

-PSASBR I feel had enough to differentiate it from Smash. Sony just wanted their own version, and I feel they succeeded in that regard.

-It's fine, but missing key icons like Crash and Spyro.

-Build meter like in traditional fighting games and kill opponents with those super attacks. Level 3's are the most commonly sought after in competitive play and can guarantee two stocks down at worst. I'm mixed on this mechanic myself, though.

-Being a Smash clone does make a game's life harder, but amongst those this is probably the better one.

-Build meter is the name of the meta in PSASBR. It's just a matter of what characters can do it faster and easier. Rushdown and combo characters have the easiest time, particularly with glitches and easy AP bursts. Characters like Nariko, Dante, Kratos and Cole have it easy, while projectile based and unorthodox characters such as Radec and Toro(screw this cat) have a difficult time.

-Kat was banned due to insane combo potential, huge frame advantage on hits, easy kill confirms and high mobility. Much like Brawl Meta Knight. She was nerfhammered but is still low high tier at worst.

-Time travel.

What characters would you have wanted in PSASBR to make it a real all-star game like Smash Bros. for you? Third parties are allowed.
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, really. That's all it needed.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Glad to see someone agree with me on the Crash and Spyro thing regarding PSASBR. Game was fun and i played it in beta and full version at a friends house but lack of Crash hurt my soul as a PS fan to the point I haven't even bought the game yet and made a saying on it from the KOF12 saying of No Mai, No buy to No Crash, No Cash when I always talked to people regarding the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Glad to see someone agree with me on the Crash and Spyro thing regarding PSASBR. Game was fun and i played it in beta and full version at a friends house but lack of Crash hurt my soul as a PS fan to the point I haven't even bought the game yet and made a saying on it from the KOF12 saying of No Mai, No buy to No Crash, No Cash when I always talked to people regarding the game.
Even without Crash and Spyro it had a decent roster. Admittedly, my nostalgia filter was satisfied with the inclusion of Sir Daniel Fortesque, even if I couldn't play him all that well as a secondary compared to Kratos.

Colonel Radec was my main man, though, I practically became a somewhat notable name for the character there as one of the notable players of him(due to his low tier status, anyway), and me being the pseudo-face of Sylux over here parallels that. It'll come full circle in the extremely unlikely case Sylux becomes DLC.

And I pulled some crazy stuff off in my career, too, from surviving being ganged up on in free for all matches to constantly demolishing high tier characters to making comebacks in impossible 2v1 scenarios to being a devious partner in doubles due to how much. Had a full YouTube channel dedicated to that before my original recorder malfunctioned.

Pick a type of match listed above and I can bring up a good match related to it.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
When life gives you lemons, what do you do?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , If you had one hardship in life you could remember in your memory, what would it be?
If you've seen Inside Out, replace San Francisco with Mexico and Riley with a younger version of me and you have my hardship, but add in the issues of not knowing the native language, not fitting in at all and being a target of bullying.

One of the reasons the movie hit me so hard emotionally.

Disclaimer: that event at the film's climax did not happen with me.

When life gives you lemons, what do you do?
Don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Liquid lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love to get in on this interview thread. I like the idea

Who do you prefer more from a gameplay perspective:
:4fox: or :4falco:
:4lucario: or :4greninja:
:4link: or :4tlink:
:4kirby: or :4jigglypuff:
And :4shulk: or :4myfriends:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Even without Crash and Spyro it had a decent roster. Admittedly, my nostalgia filter was satisfied with the inclusion of Sir Daniel Fortesque, even if I couldn't play him all that well as a secondary compared to Kratos.

Colonel Radec was my main man, though, I practically became a somewhat notable name for the character there as one of the notable players of him(due to his low tier status, anyway), and me being the pseudo-face of Sylux over here parallels that. It'll come full circle in the extremely unlikely case Sylux becomes DLC.

And I pulled some crazy stuff off in my career, too, from surviving being ganged up on in free for all matches to constantly demolishing high tier characters to making comebacks in impossible 2v1 scenarios to being a devious partner in doubles due to how much. Had a full YouTube channel dedicated to that before my original recorder malfunctioned.

Pick a type of match listed above and I can bring up a good match related to it.
LOL Radec he was my main in the PSASBR private beta before it became public and the full game came out so If you can bust out some vids of him in serious matches that would be baller.

Same with Kat I wanna see the BS that she has.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
LOL Radec he was my main in the PSASBR private beta before it became public and the full game came out so If you can bust out some vids of him in serious matches that would be baller.

Same with Kat I wanna see the BS that she has.
I'll post a few categories of videos, which will also cover both points you want. I had 188, so picking a few was hard, and only a select few represent some of my greater achievements in that community.

^As a testament to the name I made for myself, one the randomly assigned players, probably the Sweet Tooth, actually recognizes and acknowledges me at a certain point, though due to the kids yammering it's hard to hear.

^My congratulations if you can actually sit through all of this. Also, this made me hate Teen Titans Go when I realized that was where the waffle song came from.

^This one is really only funny if you know Spanish.

^How to survive being the top target in an FFA.

^How to survive fighting a Kat after an FFA.

^How to outspam.

^The most tense mirror ever. I'm not even joking.

^I used to defend a ladder we had at the gates, per se, as the first opponent. Some actually did make it through, but not this one. PSASBR's equivalent to Link.

^FLASHY TORO LIGHT SHOW

^I hate Kat.

^How to die for no reason and still win.

^Because it's an idiot.

^*null*

Care to spar?
3DS or Wii U?

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Do you think it pays to try out Anther's Ladder when I still just maintain a 50% win-loss rate on For Glory?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Playing on Anther's will make you better than FG thats for damn sure. I play on FG only for the weekly poll competition's and to practice punishments and traps on FD while ******* around with other characters. Anther's is mix bag but way better overall but can take longer to find a game but better overall comp.

Top Bottom