• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A

What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
What is your favorite color?
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
Callie or Marie?
Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
Roller Coasters or Water Slides?
If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?

I want to answer questions too! Granted I devote more time to Splatoon these days but still...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A

What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
Callie or Marie?
Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?

I want to answer questions too! Granted I devote more time to Splatoon these days but still...
-I really don't have any niche series or games Nintendo-wise apart from maybe Big Brain Academy. Most of what I love from it comes from established series, and since I really don't own any of the underdogs(i.e Golden Sun), well...
-Killzone, Metal Gear, PSASBR, UMVC3, LittleBigPlanet, Halo, Minecraft, Plants vs Zombies and too many others to list.
-Neither(skip next two questions)
-Colonel Radec from Killzone 2, just to continue with my previously established experience with him from PSASBR. And because he's a total badass.
-Sylux, obviously, being it's head honcho and all. Favorite Metroid character and the ideas I have for it are things I would die for in Smash. That and the character's slated for the next Prime game. re: total badass
-I enjoy the idea of living in the Metroidverse as a bounty hunter and building a reputation.
-Black.
-What.
-My brother does. I think that the memes spawned from it are absolute gold-SPEHS MAREENS IN MEHTUL BAWKSES
-Marie.
-Bread.
-Dogs.
-Rock.
-Roller coasters.
-I would gladly date F!Robin with her quirky personality in mind.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Is there any other reasons you'd like to be back at USA? Job possibilities, old friends, a particular place you think would be nice to live in, etc.
Any plans to learn another language?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Is there any other reasons you'd like to be back at USA? Job possibilities, old friends, a particular place you think would be nice to live in, etc.
Any plans to learn another language?
I'd llike to live in Florida again, as my birth state. No other particular reason other than language freedom, so to speak.

I'd love to learn Japanese, considering how much of gaming comes from the East.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Waffles, Pancakes, or French Toast?
Cats or Dogs?
Son or Daughter? Both?
Morgan or Kanna?
Favorite Character Color? (Any character. e.g. iSamus, Wolf Grey Fox, etc.)
Any place you'd like to travel to?
Johns or No Johns?
Is your body Reggie?
I wouldn't mind answering questions if asked.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Waffles, Pancakes, or French Toast?
Cats or Dogs?
Son or Daughter? Both?
Morgan or Kanna?
Favorite Character Color? (Any character. e.g. iSamus, Wolf Grey Fox, etc.)
Any place you'd like to travel to?
Johns or No Johns?
Is your body Reggie?
I wouldn't mind answering questions if asked.
-French Toast.
-Dogs. Again.
-Both, but I'd certainly prefer a son.
-Morgan was cuter.
-Dark Samus :4samus:, Not Dark Bowser :4bowser:, Default:4robinm:, Tharja:4lucina:
-Japan, Ireland, India, the United Kingdom and Scotland.
-No Johns. Unless that John is a buddy.
-Yes it is. But I am not Reggie myself. He's a much cooler guy.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Evening Liquid.

Would you be up for answering the cube question?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Remind me the cube question.
Certainly.

Imagine if you will a desert, far as your eyes can see. Within this desert is a cube. Please describe this cube. What does it look like? How large is the cube? What’s it made of? And where in the desert is it?
I may have additional questions once I've read through the rest of what was already asked.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Certainly.

I may have additional questions once I've read through the rest of what was already asked.
This cube looks technological, larger than your average building. It seems to be made of electronically charged metal. It's in the hottest part of the desert, where no human dares venture without dying horribly to dehydration.

Ask whatever you want.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Week over. This was much better after last week, and we saw a great variety of questions. Thank you all for participating.

As per the week's end, the voting period shall begin now, and will end on Sunday morning. I'll be tallying my own vote initially as well.

- @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf : 4
- @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal : 5
- @
- @
- @

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
By a two vote margin, @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal wins as this week's next interviewee. Sorry Serf, maybe next week.

INTERVIEW PERIOD #5- @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal : personality traits

Ask questions to Cardinal. This week will end on Sunday, July 19th.

Happy asking.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sorry Serf, maybe next week.
I suppose he'll get his chance another day.

@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal :
- It is the year 20:4dk::4dk:. Everyone now spams Kong Cyclone with frame-perfect accuracy, to the point that it is now the only viable strategy for winning tournaments, and the rock-paper-scissors metagame has expanded greatly, as it is now the only factor used to decide the winner of matches.

Do you continue to main Robin anyway, or opt for the method most likely to expand your bank balance?

(I'll think of more later, I just wanted an actual question to post alongside this)

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So what's YOUR philosophy of life, Cardinal?

Hey, at least Serf can get a chance, unlike Chrom.
Be quick to think but slow to speak, which I actually I teach my seventh graders. Admittedly part of the reason why I teach this to them is because they ask a lot of questions, many of which either show me they were either not paying attention or didn't put any thought to them, such as asking if they should use pen or pencil on the 8th test we take. What I mainly want them to avoid, however, is relying solely on gut reactions without considering not only the full dimensions of the issue at hand but also how what they say will affect others. While there is a place for gut reactions, learning obviously always has to go beyond that.

I believe this philosophy especially prevalent today since we live in the age of the internet and social media, where gut reactions, even if they're inappropriate or offensive, are dominant because of the lack of filters. Now I'm not saying you should always meditate for an hour before every post you make but it is also true that you can't always take back what you say, and as such, I think this a good model to adopt.

I'm assuming you asked about what my personality traits are in your previous post so I will just briefly describe them here. On the Myers Briggs test I scored INTJ, or introverted, intuitive, thinking, thinking, and judging for those unfamiliar with the abbreviations. I'm a fairly mellow guy who takes things as they come along and I don't need much by 1st world standards to be content with my life. I also tend to be pretty sassy and sarcastic but because those traits can sometimes be difficult to express on the internet, I usually don't bother trying.

- It is the year 20:4dk::4dk:. Everyone now spams Kong Cyclone with frame-perfect accuracy, to the point that it is now the only viable strategy for winning tournaments, and the rock-paper-scissors metagame has expanded greatly, as it is now the only factor used to decide the winner of matches.

Do you continue to main Robin anyway, or opt for the method most likely to expand your bank balance?

(I'll think of more later, I just wanted an actual question to post alongside this)
I would still main Robin anyways because I enjoy playing the character. Not only do I think custom DK is a tad overrated (still hasn't won a major tournament yet), I actually think Robin does fine in the match-up. It might be one of few MU where I actually consider going to FD though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm assuming you asked about what my personality traits are in your previous post so I will just briefly describe them here.
Actually, that's just a tag line I add to the beginning of each period in line with the user in question if it fits as a joke, or if it describes the person.

As an example, False Sense's period had the tag line: of [word]; obviously based on his extremely easy to exploit username due to being a common expression.

And in yours, the tag line of "personality traits" was a reference to just that; cardinal personality traits in psychology.

So while it wasn't a question, nice of you to answer anyway.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Actually, that's just a tag line I add to the beginning of each period in line with the user in question if it fits as a joke, or if it describes the person.

As an example, False Sense's period had the tag line: of [word]; obviously based on his extremely easy to exploit username due to being a common expression.

And in yours, the tag line of "personality traits" was a reference to just that; cardinal personality traits in psychology.

So while it wasn't a question, nice of you to answer anyway.
Admittedly, I had to look up what a cardinal personality trait was just now. My bad, haha.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
First, obligatory question.
Are you a boy or a girl?
Lucina or Chrom?
Cats or dogs?

eyejayy

Smash Cadet
What is your mindset the first seconds of a match? I like to throw a full hop F-Air to Arcfire thinking the opponent will rush me upon coming down.
----------------------------
1st post that wasn't a link to a full match

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
What is your mindset the first seconds of a match? I like to throw a full hop F-Air to Arcfire thinking the opponent will rush me upon coming down.
----------------------------
1st post that wasn't a link to a full match
Ah, this is a nice surprise, didn't expect to see you here. I did see your most recent post in the video thread but I didn't quite get to it yet though. I will get to it later though, like always. Anyways, your question.

Since in For Glory you don't know which character your opponent will use, the first few seconds of the match, before the announcer says go, is spent deciding how the match-up will dictate what level of thunder is appropriate for the match-up and how I should use it. I don't necessarily charge thunder right away but if for example if I see Sheik, I will immediately think "Oh, this is an Elthunder match-up" or if it's someone like Ganondorf, I think "I can probably get away with more Arcthunders."

Outside of For Glory where I can use customs, specifically speed thunder, I usually either just charge to elthunder or approach a bit and shoot regular thunder to see what my opponent does and go from there.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Where were you when you heard of Satoru Iwata's passing?
I actually heard it first in the Robin Social right after finishing up my most recent critique in the video thread. Irl, I was at home waiting to get picked up by some friends and naturally we all discussed the news as well.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Callie or Marie?
Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
What are your general thoughts on Splatoon (if you have any)?

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

1. What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
2. What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
3. A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
4. If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
5. If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
6. If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
7. If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
8. If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
9. What is your favorite color?
10. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
11. Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
12. Callie or Marie?
13. Bread or Rice?
14. Cats or Dogs?
15. Pop or Rock?
16. Roller Coasters or Water Slides?
17. If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?
18. What are your general thoughts on Splatoon (if you have any)?
1. I actually don't consider myself that myself that big of a Nintendo fan and for the longest time I didn't really care for 1st party Nintendo games outside of Smash until last year. I have been interested in FE lately though and I have been loving all the jrpgs on the 3ds like Bravely default and SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. I'm more of a Sony guy although ironically my favorite game was on the Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia.

2. I will just do franchises/series to keep it simple. I like SMT (including the spin-offs), Final Fantasy, Kingdom hearts, Shadow Hearts, Team Ico games, the occasional Arcsys fighting game, and MGS. My favorite series by far, however, is the Tales of series followed by Xenosaga. The former I feel tend to be a well rounded package that I play with my sister or a friend and the later actually having a very minor impact on what I wanted to study in college.

3) I only watch Game of Thrones; I don't read the books.

4)
I rooting for Jon Snow until the last season finale axed him.

5) I'm afraid I'm blanking on the meaning of the question here.

6) My secret pipe dream was to see Lloyd Irving from Symphonia in Smash since again, favorite game.

7) I voted for Isaac on the Smash ballot.

8) Probably in the sci-fi setting of Xenosaga. As for how would I live in that world, I'd think it be cool to be one of the people looking for Lost Jerusalem, which actually refers to Earth after it was abandoned.

9) Purple followed by black

10) I recall this joke from Monty Python: the Holy Grail but that's about it I'm afraid.

11) I'm not familiar with it.

12) Marie

13) Rice

14) Pigs

15) Rock

16) Roller Coasters by far.

17) Hmm, I suppose Raine from Symphonia. Not only do I like intelligent and pragmatic women, we're close in age and we're both teachers so there are some similarities between us.

18) I don't really have an opinion on Splatoon. While I don't think it is a bad game by any means, I don't think it's my cup of tea (or joe rather since I vastly prefer coffee).

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Alright let me throws some questions into the nerd sea for @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal

1. How long have you been playing smash seriously for?

2. What attracted you to play Robin and if Robin wasn't in the game who would you play?

3. Where you feel like Robin is at on the tier list?

4. Any characters you hate fighting as Robin outside of the obvious Shiek?

5. Changes you wanna see for Robin? Also Characters you wanna see buffed and nerfed?

6. Any favorite players you love to watch?

7. How is your local scene for smash 4 and the other games?

8. PM smash 4 edition yay, nah or meh?

9. How do you practice for tourneys and online do you focus on movement, shield and whiff punishment, spacing, patience etc etc?

10. Any other characters you use besides Robin for bad MU's?

11. Favorite Movie?

12. Are you a comic book nerd and if you are whats your favorite comic book series doesn't matter if American or not?

13. Favorite food?

14. Favorite FE game?

15. Favorite video game system?

16. Favorite anime if you have one?

17. Any other game you would take seriously and go hard body in outside of smash ?

18. Immortality but only if you can access it at the age of 25 + or time travel?

That's all I got to ask.

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal
1) Do you have any hobbies?
2) what's your most played game of all time, or what do you think is your most played game.
3) were you planning on maining Robin since he was announced or did you decide later on.
4) if you could be any character in smash who would you be?
5) what do you like most about Robins moveset?

Last edited:
Top Bottom