• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So how'd it feel to get reverse psycholgy'd in regards to whoever pranked you?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan , how long have been playing Smash competitively and going to tournaments?

I also asked False this question and I'm thinking of just asking everyone this, but what is your personal philosophy of life?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What are some of your favorite game series/entries outside of Smash?

Have any favorite pieces of music from those games?

Have any hobbies outside of gaming?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Imagine if you will a desert, far as your eyes can see. Within this desert is a cube. Please describe this cube. What does it look like? How large is the cube? What’s it made of? And where in the desert is it?
The cube is a cardboard box, just large enough for a person to fit in, lost far off in the emptiness of the desert where no one can hear you scream. :upsidedown:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan

What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
What is your favorite color?
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
Callie or Marie?
Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf Such a blatant show of quoting yourself, for shame.

@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan
]Imagine if you will a desert, far as your eyes can see. Within this desert is a cube. Please describe this cube. What does it look like? How large is the cube? What’s it made of? And where in the desert is it?
[EDIT]: Oops.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Speaking of Shamelessly Self Quoting ourselves, how is @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan going to do this? Is he going to do it like Raz or False?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sonic Storm is limited at the moment due to only being able to use an iPad, but I assume he plans to answer each question as they come along.

Hindered only by his aforementioned limitation.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So how'd it feel to get reverse psycholgy'd in regards to whoever pranked you?

@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan , how long have been playing Smash competitively and going to tournaments?
I started taking Smash seriously, or as seriously as I do now, in late 2008 in my first year of university. I was playing Falco and Olimar in Brawl, was challenged to drop those two and play Sonic instead since the best player at the dorm used Snake, and it was smooth sailing from there.

I played my first tournament in Dallas in Summer 2009. I believe I lost to Dphat and Xyro at that one. I regularly made 9th-13th place at big scale Texas tournaments for a while from there.

I also asked False this question and I'm thinking of just asking everyone this, but what is your personal philosophy of life?
I'm a shy and anti-social little tosser, but I still make a point to be unfailingly kind, if a little snarky, and respectful to everyone I meet. Life's too short to be antipathetic to anyone.

Also, life is naturally progressive as far as accomodations go. Soon, everyone will be under the same equal ground and come to understand one another despite differences. I would like that "soon" to be "soon soon" though.

What are some of your favorite game series/entries outside of Smash?
Let's see...

Fire Emblem
Sonic the Hedgehog
I was a big Pokemon nut for a long time
Kirby
Tomba
Paper Mario
Metroid
Zelda
I'll also dabble in a few RPGs here and there.

Have any favorite pieces of music from those games?
Same order, a few songs come to mind:

Girl of the Spirit Forest, Comfort's Call, Goddess of Dawn, Unstoppable Destiny, Father's Back, The First Fight, pretty much everything from Fates so far.

Tropical Resort Act 1 is my absolute favorite Sonic song, that song is perfection incarnate. Dark Gaia Phase 2, Sonic Heroes Bonus Challenge, Modern Sky Sanctuary, Modern Crisis City, Chrome Gadget, Azure Lake, Emerald Hill Zone, Right There Ride On, Live Life, Leaf Forest Act 1, Ex-Demo 2, Rusty Ruin Act 2 (Saturn version), Volcano Valley (Saturn version).

RBY Gym Leader theme, no doubt. Platinum Frontier Brain theme, XY Super Training, Willie Battle (Colosseum/XD), Vs. Colress, vs. Regis theme, Route 38. Honorable mention to Prime Cup Semifinals, from Pokemon Stadium.

Kirby. Um, Pop Star and Rock Star from Kirby 64 immediately come to mind. The Green Greens variation in The Great Cave Offensive is all sorts of amazing, I'm surprised they pulled that off on the SNES. AND THEN IT GOT A REMIX OF CANVAS CURSE, CAN I JUST DROP THE ENTIRE CANVAS CURSE OST HERE?

I can only think of one song for Tomba, but hey the gameplay makes up for it. Listen to the original Japanese version of the Tomba 1 theme, Paradise, sometime.

Nothing anyone says will convince me that Rogueport is anything but the greatest Mario song ever, so don't even try. Shooting Star Summit is atmospheric bliss. Crystal Palace Crawl is excellently ambient and appropriate for an abandoned mansion at the literal edge of the earth, and Freeze! is a great boss theme to accompany that feeling. King of the Koopas is great, and the theme for the rematch in Thousand Year Door is even better. I can't forget to mention Great Gonzalez vs. Rawk Hawk, ofc, nor can I forget We Believe In You, Mario!. Finally, Tower of Riddles is a song I have a hard time even describing. It sounds empty and depressing, as if you were looking at some long forgotten secret the last people to fight the Shadow Queen tried to use and failed to.....but at the same time, it feels nostalgic, because you're looking at a relic of the past with absolutely no background, which contributes to the charm.

All the feelings I have about Tower of Riddles also works for Red Brinstar, in Super Metroid. But without the comparisons, y'know. Phendrana's Edge gets an obligatory mention, and I can't get enough of Nemesis Ridley and Final Mission Resolve in Other M.

As for Zelda, I....don't have a lot of songs I remember fondly. They feel too ambient for their own good imo, at least the ones I've played. Though, Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple, and Prince Ralis Saved and Queen Rutela's Theme from Twilight Princess do come to mind anyway. If I were to take Hyrule Warriors into consideration here, then Eclipse of the Moon, Guilty Feeling, and Focal Line are top picks.

Have any hobbies outside of gaming?
Eh, not really, lol. I'll jog and swim and bowl, but that's about it.

What do you like the most about playing Robin?
Nearly every move in Robin's kit feels like it has some kind of "oomph" to it that makes it stand out from the rest. They may not be objectively "good", but between the Levin stabs, columns of fire, Kamehamehas, dark voids, and even just throwing ****, damn if they aren't memorable.

Do you like apples or oranges better?
Clementines.

@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan

What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
Paper Mario TTYD, Pokemon Heartgold, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblems All Of Them, Kirby 64 and Super Star,

What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
Sonic, Tomba, and Road Rash. And Gex.

A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
Neither.

If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
Kumquat.

If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
Crabcakes.

If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
Tomba. THINK OF IT.

THE BLACKJACK.

ANIMAL DASH AS HIS RUN.

HIS GIMMICK IS BEING ABLE TO GRAB IN THE AIR AND USE HIS THROWS IN THE AIR.

HE HAS A HOOKSHOT.

BARON IS HIS RECOVERY.

FNDKNFLFKSDN

If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
Paper Mario. THINK ABOUT IT.

PARTNERS AS SPECIALS.

THROH AS A TETHER GRAB, BARRY AS NAIR, HAMMER AS A FSMASH COMPLETE WITH THE BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEEEEP!

SPOTDODGE AND ROLLS ARE PAPER ABILITIES. PLANE IS RECOVERY.

FNDKNFLFKSDN

If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
At the risk of copying Raz, I'd like to be a traveler in Pokemon, and be one of those people that expands on the Pokedex and go study Pokemon at the field. Think of the TVTropes Pokdex entries, then do that in real life. Awesome.

What is your favorite color?
Cerulean Blue. And silver.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
New Age Retro Hippie.

Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
Eh, never played it. I should though.

Callie or Marie?
Rolie Polie Ollie.

Bread or Rice?
Bread. Need it for my bacon sandwiches after all!

Cats or Dogs?
Cats.

Pop or Rock?
Depends. I like 80s Pop, but anything after that, eeehhhhh.

If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?
Eeeeehhhhhhhh I can't really think of anyone in particular. :3

Imagine if you will a desert, far as your eyes can see. Within this desert is a cube. Please describe this cube. What does it look like? How large is the cube? What’s it made of? And where in the desert is it?
Metallic, shiny silver, very lumanescent, made of some alien material, able to stay upright on a corner, Floating above an oasis.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Do you have any favorite players who you like to watch?

Any smash scenes across the U.S and/or international that you pay attention to that is not your own?

Characters you feel like need a buff/nerf in the next patch?

How you feel about Smash 4 as a overall whole as a game?

Any other games would you get serious in outside of smash?

PM smash 4 edition yah, no or meh?

Do you still play Sonic and if you do would you bust him out for Robin's more annoying MU's?

Favorite characters in FE male and female?

Favorite class in FE and Weapon( Specific weapon versions are included)?
Favorite food?

Favorite PKMN and type?

How you feel about Robin in the metagame compared to the rest of the cast? Asking because alot of people and theroycrafters tend to sleep on him/her alot?

Also immortality or time travel?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan

Would you mind seeing characters that originated in Hyrule Warriors end up in a regular Zelda game?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Aside from the obvious Sonic inspiration in your username, what made the 'Storm' part stick to it?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I want to ask questions but I don't know what to ask.

What's your local scene like?
How did you get involved in competitive play?
What are your short-term and long-term goals for Smash?
Do you see yourself sticking with Robin long-term, or are you thinking about switching?
If you had to pick one, which is your LEAST favorite way to die at my hands in the ditto?

You seem really pessimistic about a lot of matchups. Why? I think it might be contributing to a mental block you have with some of them. Main one that comes to mind is Luigi.

What's your most embarrassing story you're willing to tell the internet?
Are you currently in love with or crushing on someone? :3c

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Late update.

An unfortunately lacking week, but that is due to circumstance more than anything on the interviewee's side.

A new voting period shall begin now, to end tomorrow morning.

Sonic Storm can still answer any leftover questions during this time.

Votes:

- @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A : 4
- @
- @
- @

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The vote is unanimous, then.

INTERVIEW PERIOD #4 - @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A : that one Metroid guy

Ask questions to your heart's content, I'll answer them all. As per our start date, this interview period ends on Saturday, July 11th.

Happy asking.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A what is your personal philosophy of life?

When and how did you become active with the R.S.T?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How does Sylux take his coffee? How do you?

What are your personal hopes for the next Samus-centric Metroid game?

Bowser sits down at a restaurant and orders steak. He yells at the waiter for getting it wrong and demands to see the cook. What was wrong with his steak?

Who are your top 10 most wanted DLC characters? Be as unrealistic as you want, so long as they've had at least one Nintendo game before.

Thoughts on amiibo?

Top 10 characters you want to see get amiibo. Same idea as the DLC characters.

Who do you most want to see in Pokken Tournament?

If you had to choose between a Muk or a Garbodor as your partner in the Pokemon universe, which would you choose?

Favorite small percussionist equipment? (Maracas, tambourine, triangle, etc.)

What's your favorite saying in Spanish? In English?

Who is your biggest inspiration?

Describe something that an amalgamation of your favorite color, shape, letter, etc. (ie Fluffy yellow triangle with a μ and 7 tattoo.)

Favorite song?

Least favorite form of social media?

Favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Favorite quote?

Favorite art form?

Do you have any pets? If so, tell me about them?

Cats or dogs?

If Sakurai does not direct the next Smash Bros. game, who would be your personal pick for the job?

What is your biggest character flaw?

Favorite spice?

Favorite candy?

Your grandmother sits you down at a table and insists that you eat something because she's convinced that you're all skin and bones. What does she make for you?

Favorite English word? Spanish?

Favorite city?

Favorite poem?

Tell me the top ten people whose autographs you would cherish the most, and tell me what you would get them to sign.

Favorite Smash Bros. character that you cannot play well?

If you had to pick between living in any video game universe or having a perfect life in reality, which would you choose?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
- What's your personal opinion of Federation Force?
- Your opinion of Ridley as a possible playable character for Smash? Too big, or just right?
- Any other Metroid characters you think would be suitable for Smash? Other than Sylux, of course.
- Favourite FE lord character?
- Favourite FE non-lord character?
- How worried are you about avoiding Fates spoilers over the next few months? How big of a spoiler is too big?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A what is your personal philosophy of life?

When and how did you become active with the R.S.T?
Live life to it's fullest. Enjoy it and don't dwell on the past. Look forward.

Through some elaborate cross referencing I pinpointed the exact date as August 12th, 2014 when I joined the Robin social with this post:

I'm willing to bet that in a story with time travel and alternate dimensions a lot of rules are going to take a smoke break.

Just a thought.
The date I listed was 5 days after I joined the former Lucina social, seeing as I had bought and played through Awakening at that time. Given I had warmed up to both characters after my initial negativity towards them, I figured I'd unite myself to another social to pass the time during speculation.

How does Sylux take his coffee? How do you?

What are your personal hopes for the next Samus-centric Metroid game?

Bowser sits down at a restaurant and orders steak. He yells at the waiter for getting it wrong and demands to see the cook. What was wrong with his steak?

Who are your top 10 most wanted DLC characters? Be as unrealistic as you want, so long as they've had at least one Nintendo game before.

Thoughts on amiibo?

Top 10 characters you want to see get amiibo. Same idea as the DLC characters.

Who do you most want to see in Pokken Tournament?

If you had to choose between a Muk or a Garbodor as your partner in the Pokemon universe, which would you choose?

Favorite small percussionist equipment? (Maracas, tambourine, triangle, etc.)

What's your favorite saying in Spanish? In English?

Who is your biggest inspiration?

Describe something that an amalgamation of your favorite color, shape, letter, etc. (ie Fluffy yellow triangle with a μ and 7 tattoo.)

Favorite song?

Least favorite form of social media?

Favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Favorite quote?

Favorite art form?

Do you have any pets? If so, tell me about them?

Cats or dogs?

If Sakurai does not direct the next Smash Bros. game, who would be your personal pick for the job?

What is your biggest character flaw?

Favorite spice?

Favorite candy?

Your grandmother sits you down at a table and insists that you eat something because she's convinced that you're all skin and bones. What does she make for you?

Favorite English word? Spanish?

Favorite city?

Favorite poem?

Tell me the top ten people whose autographs you would cherish the most, and tell me what you would get them to sign.

Favorite Smash Bros. character that you cannot play well?

If you had to pick between living in any video game universe or having a perfect life in reality, which would you choose?
-It probably has a small opening in it's head. That or it doesn't drink the coffee at all and goes the Robots route and simply dumps it on it's neck. I don't drink coffee myself unless I really need a boost. Last time I did was what, 3 months ago?

-To deliver on that promised Samus-Sylux interaction.

-They peppered it with ground mushrooms.

-Sylux and Snake are the only ones I would die for. Rayman too. The lesser wishes would be King K. Rool, Delphox, Prof. Layton and Wonder Red. My crackpot wish would be Vile(Mega Man X).

-I have the ones I want for now, so screw them.

-Sylux and Snake, again.

-Golurk.

-Garbodor.

-Maracas.

-"Hecha la ley, hecha la trampa." -----Every law has a loophole. Same for English.

-I look up to Steve Jobs(R.I.P).

-Slippery transparent sphere with nothing on it.

-You're giving me hell with this choice. To narrow it down, it's a five-way between Miracle Of Sound's Rise, Resistance, All As One, Every Time You Look Around, and Cataclysm.

-I detest Facebook.

-The Lorax.

-God damn why must these be the hardest.

Shockwave said:
"Clarity of thought before rashness of action."
-Video games because a lot of people accept that as an art form, even former detractors such as deceased film critic Roger Ebert.

-Several cats. Oldest is a white cat called Snow, second oldest is a spotted cat we call Chapman and two kittens we haven't named. One looks like a tiger and the other is blonde.

-Dogs. (irony *ding*)

-Shigeru Miyamoto I feel could follow in his footsteps well with proper guidance.

- I Work Alone, Sarcasm-Blind

-Cinnamon

-Corn candy.

-Several pieces of meat.

- Irony/too many to count

-Mexico City

- ‘Centro America’ ~ Neruda

- Any appropriate piece of memorabilia, be it a poster, game case, etc., depending on the person, from these people: Frank Welker, Benedict Cumberbatch, Guillermo del Toro, Peter Cullen, Paul Eiding, Reggie Fils Aime, Hideo Kojima, Jim Cummings, Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Hamil.

- Ironically enough, Robin. Compared to the better ones, anyway.

- What's perfect, anyway? Flawless has no face. In spite of that, a world tailored to my idea of perfection.

- What's your personal opinion of Federation Force?
- Your opinion of Ridley as a possible playable character for Smash? Too big, or just right?
- Any other Metroid characters you think would be suitable for Smash? Other than Sylux, of course.
- Favourite FE lord character?
- Favourite FE non-lord character?
- How worried are you about avoiding Fates spoilers over the next few months? How big of a spoiler is too big?
-HUNTERS 2.0 PLEASE GIVE ME THIS GAME NOW
-Sure, if Sakurai ever changes his mind(probably won't). The famous PM Ridley mod by BaganSmashBros would be a nice template to follow.
-Dark Samus(duh), Weavel and Rundas all come to mind.
-Lucina.
-Haven't given it much thought, honestly.
-I already spoiled everything, so the question falls flat. Yes, I'm that shameless.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
-The protagonist to the last game you played is now your roommate for a year. How does it go?

-How well do you think you'd do in a zombie apocalypse?

Nah

Smash Champion
Why do you like Sylux?

Samus is often considered to be bottom tier in Smash 4. Do you think so/how does that make you feel?

What countries would you like to visit someday?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-The protagonist to the last game you played is now your roommate for a year. How does it go?

-How well do you think you'd do in a zombie apocalypse?
-My room ends up painted with ink.

-I'd probably suck.

Why do you like Sylux?

Samus is often considered to be bottom tier in Smash 4. Do you think so/how does that make you feel?

What countries would you like to visit someday?
-Because it has a cool backstory and design. Probably the first Hunter to stand out when I bought Hunters.

-I don't care, really. I'm playing someone I enjoy.

-Japan, Great Britain, Ireland and India.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A shared reason between all three would be to experience their culture.

India has the Taj Mahal which I'd love to see, Britain has their variant of English which I'm interested in the funny ways it could clash with mine and Japan because I'm a geek.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What was your favorite Pokemon region to explore?

Do you have a favorite legendary Pokemon? Favorite Starter?

Do you have a favorite character in the game series? (Could be a rival, gym leader, villain, or NPC even)

Outside of Metroid and Pokemon, what are some other games that interest you?

Have any other hobbies or interests outside of gaming?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What was your favorite Pokemon region to explore?

Do you have a favorite legendary Pokemon? Favorite Starter?

Do you have a favorite character in the game series? (Could be a rival, gym leader, villain, or NPC even)

Outside of Metroid and Pokemon, what are some other games that interest you?

Have any other hobbies or interests outside of gaming?
-Sinnoh, easily. Everyone hates the non-Platinum games but I still manage to enjoy my copy of Pearl.

-Darkrai, easily. Tied with Mewtwo, of course. Both are pint-sized(compared to almost every other legendary) badasses that hold their own in battle.

-Cynthia. First Champion to formally make me rage at her battle.

-My interest is squarely on Nintendo as of current given my lack of a PS4/XB1. The only non-Metroid/Pokemon game that interests me(though ORAS didn't interest me given I had Smash) atm is Fire Emblem Fates, obviously, since all of my attention is centered on Federation Force.

- Exercise. Technology. Movies. Really can't think of any major hobbies besides those.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
First, an apology for not getting these earlier.

Second, I'm typing this off the iPad now, and I have no patience going through each line and sanctioning quotes off piece by piece. Answers are in the respective order.

Do you have any favorite players who you like to watch?

Any smash scenes across the U.S and/or international that you pay attention to that is not your own?

Characters you feel like need a buff/nerf in the next patch?

How you feel about Smash 4 as a overall whole as a game?

Any other games would you get serious in outside of smash?

PM smash 4 edition yah, no or meh?

Do you still play Sonic and if you do would you bust him out for Robin's more annoying MU's?

Favorite characters in FE male and female?

Favorite class in FE and Weapon( Specific weapon versions are included)?
Favorite food?

Favorite PKMN and type?

How you feel about Robin in the metagame compared to the rest of the cast? Asking because alot of people and theroycrafters tend to sleep on him/her alot?

Also immortality or time travel?
I don't really have a favorite player. I just watch whatever's piqued my interest at that time. I'm more for watching Smash highlights than I am for individual players.

Same goes for scenes in general. Just show me dem highlights.

Buffs: Jigglypuff, Game and Watch, Mewtwo, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Robin.
Nerfs: Luigi, Mario, Wario, Sheik, Pikachu, Fox, Zamus, maybe Olimar?

I like the game, but I feel like the very basic of fundamentals are just too greatly rewarded for in this game. At least with the other three games you had to make a legitimate concerted effort to get acquainted with the character before you can go out and take names. Here, some characters just take an hour to figure out and abuse. Dominant Strategy in its most toxic form.

I wish a Budokai 3 scene was something. I'd be all over that with Videl and Nappa. =p

Dear Christ no. Already had to deal with verbal abuse from the resident PM scene a few years back when Brawl was around, think I wanna go through that again?

I still do have a Sonic, and I'll use him for pesky matchups likes Sheik and Wario. But I try to keep with Robin most of the time.

It's gonna sound out there, but I think my favorite FE character in Prince Pelleas. It's hard to explain, I just like him, lol. Canas, Soren, Jill, and Robin are next up.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE Dark Mages. I make an effort to run Dark Mages in every run I do in games that have them. All the Dark weapons are favorites of mine, followed by the Levin Sword and Sonic Sword.

Pizza. I make my own and I love it.

Cryogonal, Articuno, Jynx, Avalugg, Regice, Slowking, Togetic, Rapidash, Hitmontop, Cubone, Koffing, Glalie
If the first five were any indication, I love Ice types.

Lacking, with some flaws that just aren't being addressed by Nintendo while everyone else gets what they need. Guess Sakurai just hates people with white hair.

Time travel. Immortality's boring.

@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan

Would you mind seeing characters that originated in Hyrule Warriors end up in a regular Zelda game?
As long as it's done right and not just for the sake of fanservice. If Volga was given a major role in a game before Ocarina of Time that explains how he becomes Volvagia and earns the hatred of the Gorons, sign me up for that.

Aside from the obvious Sonic inspiration in your username, what made the 'Storm' part stick to it?
The first forum I joined was Serebiiforums, back in 2008. I go by Sonic Boom there, and despite the sarcastic and never-take-seriously nature of the forums, I was generally wel-respected. When I joined here in 2009, I wanted to use the same name, in case anyone recognized me from SPPF and wanted someone to talk to. But, someone already had the Sonic Boom name. So, I chose the Storm moniker, since I thought it would provide enough of a connection with the original name that people would figure out who I was.

I want to ask questions but I don't know what to ask.

What's your local scene like?
How did you get involved in competitive play?
What are your short-term and long-term goals for Smash?
Do you see yourself sticking with Robin long-term, or are you thinking about switching?
If you had to pick one, which is your LEAST favorite way to die at my hands in the ditto?

You seem really pessimistic about a lot of matchups. Why? I think it might be contributing to a mental block you have with some of them. Main one that comes to mind is Luigi.

What's your most embarrassing story you're willing to tell the internet?
Are you currently in love with or crushing on someone? :3c
Small, comparatively. As far as Smash 4 is concerned, there's two major scenes: one in OKC/Norman/Edmond area, and another in the Tulsa area. Each region averages about 20-25 people a week. I'm normally getting second in each weekly, with a few exceptions depending on who shows. There's a Luigi, a Toon Link that has gotten REALLY good in a short time span, a Falco, a Pit, a Ganondorf that I feel can measure up to Ray Kalm when his mind is really in it, a Megaman, a Fox, and my brother, a Little Mac, who's a real community favorite. He actually discovered the Dtilt-KO Punch lock two hours after the game came out, well before anyone else on SWF did, and he's really damn good at clocking people out of 1-frame ledge vulnerability with Dsmash. He also cosplays as the blonde!Mac alt perfectly, and I'm looking to match him with a default Robin cosplay with some white hair dye sometime.

Exposure on Smashboards got me more or less into the scene. My first tournament was in Dallas because I saw a thread for it on this site. I also became aware of some OK Brawl tournaments, and when I went to the same campus as some of the players, I got well adjusted.

Dont really have a long term goal for Smash, other than attending an EVO or a national one day. Short term, just to keep working on a Robin to where I'm considered a go-to player and name for reference whenever Robin is brought up in discussion.

I do experiment with some characters now and then, but I always find myself gravitating back to Robin. Could be a blessing, could be a curse, make of it what you will.

Second hit reverse Nair gi-oh oh wait, YOUR hands. Um, remember that time I got spiked and tried to reach the Kongo Jungle barrel and you just stole it frome me? Yeah that.

I'm only really pessimistic about Luigi, and it's more the fact that Luigi is so piss-easy to pick up and use for all the reward he gets.

It goes back to how I feel about basic fundamentals being too heavily rewarded in this game. That Luigi player I mentioned? He's the one that wins the weeklies, and he fully admits he doesn't even play the game. He just shows up, does a quick hand warmer with Luigi for a minute, and goes from there. I know two other PM players who, in large-scale tournaments that have both games on, will enter and use Luigi and just go for Weegee shenanigans, and still make top 12 over committed, for lack of a better term, Smash 4 players who know what to expect. His mobility weakness means absolutely bugger all when his moves are quick as lightning and beat everything and chain together - It's "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" translated into Smash. And in Smash, "doing absolutely nothing" and winning games regardless should be a major heads up.

Brawl Meta Knight is harder to pick up and win with than Smash 4 Luigi. I'm hopeful future patches will do something to rectify this.

But anyway...

Nothing that haven't already disclosed at some point or another.
Uuuuuum, nope, no one in particular. I'm all for the day that changes, but until then, I'm at my own pace.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Favorite game?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite show?

What's the best advice you could give someone?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If you could choose one newcomer to make it in as DLC, but at the cost of them never getting another game in their main franchise, who would it be? And would it be a worthwhile trade?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pile me with everything you want, just a reminder. Don't let @ Pacack Pacack 's wall of questions deter you from doing so. :cheep:

I like me some variety, you know.

If you could choose one newcomer to make it in as DLC, but at the cost of them never getting another game in their main franchise, would you make that trade?
I like this one.

If what this means is "the character never physically appears again in their main franchise after Smash"...

Difficult choice, but it also depends on my own wishes and the franchise in question. Sylux or Snake I would never sacrifice this way. Now, if I were talking about another franchise outside my interests that would make a fair trade, then I would go for it.

And the only franchise I see that happening with would be Golden Sun and Isaac, as little as I actually care for it. Mainly to play the altruist for someone else's desires, but also because canonically, Isaac could probably not appear in the next Golden Sun(from what I know, anyway, and I could be wrong because I know very little), so to justify that in the next game I fulfill the conditions of the wish in a fair manner. In exchange for the character's non-appearance in a possible future game you secure them a permanent, sought after spot in Smash, which I see as a greater feat than any prominence in the franchise and a worthwhile trade-off.

Of course, there are characters that I could apply this to as well, with the same reasoning, but they would be a little more controversial. Ridley, canonically, as of any current Metroid media and barring clones or recreations, is dead. Using similar reasoning to Isaac I add him in the game with the same end goal. However, that could backfire in a multitude of ways given his prominence in the franchise, so I wouldn't risk it.

Favorite game?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite show?

What's the best advice you could give someone?
Ah, I know you're much more creative than this! But I'll answer. :cheep:

Favorite game: Difficult choice considering the multitude of games I've played, to only pick one. For variety's sake I'll list them by console plus reasoning.
--PlayStation 1: Crash Team Racing(I can always go back to it. First kart racer I played. Funny how it inspired Mario Kart's later mechanics as well)
--PlayStation 2: Transformers(The one by Atari. It's a great environment based, open world game in it's own right)
--PlayStation 3: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale(Yes, I know I've criticized this game a lot, there were no shortage of bad experiences in the community and it's ill seen in the Smash community, but I spent a lot of time with it, made some friends that I still know because of it and made a name for myself there, to the point that random people online would recognize me. Feel free to ask anything related to my experiences with this during my interview period as well if you want/are curious/need something unique to ask)
--PSP: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker(Take everything that made Guns Of The Patriots great and adapt it nigh flawlessly on portable. The HD remake on PS3 only made it better)
--Wii: Super Mario Galaxy(This game is beautiful. That's not something I'd say to a Mario game most of the time)
--Wii U: Smash(I really don't have anything else besides Splatoon and Nintendo Land, but I love it anyway)
--Nintendo DS: Metroid Prime: Hunters(needs no introduction)
--3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening(I can't thank this game enough for how it changed my experience towards the series and on Smashboards. Seriously)

Favorite book: Pedro Páramo by Juan Rulfo. Do you want an anachronic story full of mind screws and a dark undertone? This book is for you. Seriously, go read it.

Favorite movie: Animated, it would probably be the original Toy Story. Live-action, the first Alien movie.

Favorite show: Again, categorizing. Animated, it would be a tie between Gravity Falls and Spawn: The Animated Series, and live-action, it would probably be Breaking Bad.

Advice: You decide how you feel. You decide how to react to something. Whether you take a bad situation badly or calmly. Don't let others decide that for you.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What fields of study did you consider going into throughout your life? Include even the silly ones from when you were little if you had any.

Top Bottom