• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Patch Data Compilation - 1.0.6/1.0.8 Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If I remember correctly, Robin was able to use 2 more Levin sword charges before discarding it. It seemed pretty unnecessary, given that Robin was never considered a particularly strong character.
No?

Levin sword has always been 8 swings.

Prototypein3d

Smash Cadet
Dear daddy sakurai, if you could please just let robin run at least a bit faster and give her arcfire less end lag i will be you slave for a FULL MONTH. prease consider, Prototype. :)

Smash Journeyman
No?

Levin sword has always been 8 swings.
My mistake. Was it the recharge time that was increased? I seem to remember that, and B-throw damage being slightly reduced, but perhaps I was misinformed.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
My mistake. Was it the recharge time that was increased? I seem to remember that, and B-throw damage being slightly reduced, but perhaps I was misinformed.
Both of those are incorrect.

Not sure where you heard it, but neither of those were touched.

RhyRhychan

Smash Cadet
NNID
RhyRhychan
It might just be a matter of technique. I've always been able to hold the button and get all 3 moves to come out. Even in this patch I'm still able to hold the A button and get all the moves to come out, no problem.

I'd greatly prefer less endlag on Arcfire (Make the animation as fast as Fire Wall's?), but that's just me.
Yes.. THE ENDLAG PLEASE. I get hit so often from so far away because the lag is atrocious.

Silent Dragonfly

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilentDragonfly
3DS FC
4468-2308-9118
Finding the latter swings of Wind Jab are pushing me backwards. Hadn't noticed this before but just pushed myself off the edge of the stage a couple of times in a recent match. Did this happen before 1.0.8?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Finding the latter swings of Wind Jab are pushing me backwards. Hadn't noticed this before but just pushed myself off the edge of the stage a couple of times in a recent match. Did this happen before 1.0.8?
We already know. According to Raziek, Robin was the only character not affected by this prior to the patch, so it's a case of bringing Robin in line with the rest of the cast.

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
Ok, so I did some testing.

1.03 3DS: Tome: 15. Sword: 12.
1.07 3DS: Tome: 15. Sword: 12.
1.08 WIi U: Tome: 15. Sword: 12.

Those were all at point-blank distance.

From farther away I started to see some variation. I got 11% on a sword toss (from a further distance) a few times, which I think is probably where the confusion is coming from?

Don't tilt the toss at all. Just toss without holding a direction. If that's the same on both versions then I was wrong.. or rather the wiki was.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Don't tilt the toss at all. Just toss without holding a direction. If that's the same on both versions then I was wrong.. or rather the wiki was.
The wiki must be wrong. They data-mined the patch and nothing has changed on Robin's damage values.

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
Well that's the second patch in a row that the wiki was wrong... oh well. I tried.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
It's a shame that Robin did not benefit from the latest patch, but given that other "lesser" characters like Marth, Charizard, Samus, and Falco received significant buffs, I remain optimistic that Robin will experience some sort of changes in future updates.

As my favorite newcomer, character, and tactician I use Robin quite a bit. He is only second to Yoshi in my records. So if he/she didn't really change much, I'm okay. I enjoy his/her moveset a lot. But as with most of you, I think there is room for improvement.

Combining Robin's slow speed with the end-lag after Arcfire, it is hard to follow-up from it. The landing lag from his up-air and down-air are also difficult to recover from due to Robin's slowness, making him/her easily punishable. That being said, his/her speed has never been an issue for me. I think it's fair given the amount of range he/she has. All I'd like to see is these lags minimized so that Robin has better options after Arcfire or upon landing. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
Ftilt

hitbox

size 5 -> 4

y 10.0 -> 9.5

x 16.5 -> 16.0

made irreversible
Here are the only hitbox changes from 1.06 aside from our jab changes. I believe the ramifications of this change are less range, the elimination of most of ftilt's dead zone and giving ftilt a special property where a successful hit always sends an enemy in the direction you are facing. This doesn't include Iasa frames or landing lag, so I'm curious if they altered any of that for ftilt.

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that Robin did not benefit from the latest patch, but given that other "lesser" characters like Marth, Charizard, Samus, and Falco received significant buffs, I remain optimistic that Robin will experience some sort of changes in future updates.

As my favorite newcomer, character, and tactician I use Robin quite a bit. He is only second to Yoshi in my records. So if he/she didn't really change much, I'm okay. I enjoy his/her moveset a lot. But as with most of you, I think there is room for improvement.

Combining Robin's slow speed with the end-lag after Arcfire, it is hard to follow-up from it. The landing lag from his up-air and down-air are also difficult to recover from due to Robin's slowness, making him/her easily punishable. That being said, his/her speed has never been an issue for me. I think it's fair given the amount of range he/she has. All I'd like to see is these lags minimized so that Robin has better options after Arcfire or upon landing. Anyone else have similar thoughts?
I've never really had a problem with Robin being slow in terms of mobility, but I definitely agree that a lot of moves have either too much start-up, too much ending lag, or both. Robin's fastest aerials (N-air and B-air) aren't active until frame 9, while most characters have aerials with active hitboxes on frame 5 or sooner. I would like to see some buffs to Robin similar to the ones Ike received, because right now He/She simply doesn't have the tools to deal with fast characters (which also happen to be the strongest and most popular characters). Also, Nosferatu seems like it was balanced around All-Star mode rather than 1v1, because the few charges and long respawn of the tome make it more useful to just burn all the charges on nothing and then throw the tome.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Fire jab really just doesn't work if you're playing against intelligent players. :( I can make a video showing how unreliable it really is if you'd like, but if you teach your friends how to punish your jab usage, you'll be able to better understand it for yourself.
Would you still be willing to do this? Not for my sake, but rather... I'm hoping to compile videos of a few of Robin's more bizarre glitches and send copies of them to Nintendo. Yeah, they might just toss the disc in the trash but I figure it would be an interesting way to get their attention; I figure a polite letter plus 'these things on Robin are borked, here's info on them, please ask the devs to take a look' might help?

I've also been trying to find a video of the Thoron glitch where opponents are sent down by it (into the stage geometry for the briefest moment before it spits them back out and slides them along the floor instead of launching them into the air), but that one is really hard to reproduce and I'm not the least bit surprised their QA team hasn't been able to catch on to this one either.

Scironex

Smash Rookie
I don't have very much experience with Robin, but it feels as though Nosferatu has slightly more range to it? I don't know how to revert patches, so would someone please confirm this for me?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't have very much experience with Robin, but it feels as though Nosferatu has slightly more range to it? I don't know how to revert patches, so would someone please confirm this for me?
Definitely the same as it used to be.

Nah

Smash Champion
Maybe rename the thread to "Robin Patch Changes Thread" or something like that since we're gonna keep using it?

Here's to hoping they remove Nosferatu's special fall/helpless state when it connects in the air

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We should honestly probably just start a new thread. I'll throw one up using Josh's template in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom