• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Patch Data Compilation - 1.0.6/1.0.8 Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
1.08 Stuff starts at THIS post.

May as well get this set up so that information isn't splayed out in different areas.

Assuming Mewtwo brings with him the promised character tweaking at midnight tonight, we may have new things to discover about Robin. Damage edits, knockback edits, even things like fall speed and hitbox alterations. So, this thread's here to keep all the information contained and for instant access.

A list on everything to think about for the patch:

Patch 1.06/1.08 net info dump:

Jabs 1/2/Wind/Fire - CONFIRMED BUFF - Wind Jab links together more consistently. Easy to do at low percentages, linking eventually can be DIed out of a little bit after when Wind Jab would KO.
Ftilt - CONFIRMED BUFF - Ftilt's deadspot at Robin's wrist is partially fixed. Deadspot can still happen against opponents who walk into it.
Dtilt
Utilt

Fsmash/Levin Fsmash
Dsmash/Levin Dsmash
Usmash/Levin Usmash

Nair
Fair/Levin Fair
Uair/Levin Uair
Dair/Levin Dair
Bair/Levin Bair

Grab/Dash Grab/Pivot Grab
Pummel
Fthrow
Dthrow
Bthrow
Uthrow

Thunder/Thunder+/Speed Thunder
Arcfire/Arcfire+/Fire Wall
Elwind/Soaring Elwind/Gliding Elwind
Nosferatu/Distant Nosferatu/Goetia

Getup Attack
Ledge Getup Attack

Discarded Levin Sword toss
Discarded Levin Sword Z-Drop
Discarded Levin Sword throw
Discarded Levin Sword Smash throw
Discarded Tome toss - CONFIRMED BUFF - Tomes will not disappear on platforms if you grab them in time, when before they would disappear from Robin's hand anyway.
Discarded Tome Z-Drop
Discarded Tome throw
Discarded Tome Smash Throw

Walk Speed
Run Speed
Forward Roll
Back Roll
Ledge Roll
Forward Tech Roll
Back Tech Roll
Forward Pratfall Roll
Back Pratfall Roll
Jump Squat
Short Hop
Full Hop
Double Jump
Spotdodge
Airdodge
Fall Speed/Fastfall Speed
Foxtrot
Pivot tilts/Fsmash

Patch 1.10 net info dump:

Do they have IASA? Are they slower to throw out and faster to end? Are the hitboxes larger or smaller? Is Forward Roll is as good as Brawl Meta Knight's? Keep in mind all sorts of variables as you go through the movekit in this patch. I'll edit this when we get information coming in.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
We're pretty low in Japan's rankings so I have faith he'll give us SOMETHING.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
What do you think they will update on Robin's kit?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I won't make any predictions. We'll see when the time comes.

Also, if it's not a bother to anyone, could we try and submit perceived changes in a form-like fashion? Something like:

Ftilt - Hitbox now covers the deadspot at Robin's wrist
Levin Bair - Damage reduced to 13%.
Levin Usmash - Sourspot hitboxes at Robin's sides now send opponents at a ten degree angle.

Something to that effect? It would make it that much easier to corral the info and organize it in the first post. Just a simple suggestion.

Last edited:

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
Very quick and dirty impressions. Tried to keep placebo out, went strictly by damage and KO percent comparisons on the information sheet.

- No grab range change that I could notice. No decrease in dash-grab lag. Throws are all the same. Her d-throw still lacks for follow-ups. Robin still has a bad grab and nothing cool once she manages to get it.
- I have no real point of comparison, but Robin's dash speed remains the same, I'm pretty sure.
- Thoron is nerfed. Fully charged (with B held down) deals 15, where it used to do 18. Kills later than 120% (which was where it typically killed before). Uncharged, it appears to be around 160%, charged appears to be... slightly earlier, but nothing more than ten percent at best. Elthunder and Arcthunder both deal the same damage as before. Couldn't tell about endlag or start-up, but I didn't feel a major difference.
- All tilts do same amount of damage. No info about lag or start-up.
- All of Robin's aerials autocancel as they used to.
- Ftilt deadspot has been killed. At least that's one less problem in rushdown match-ups.
- Raged uair kills at 110% off the top, still deals 13% damage, still autocancels. We're safe.
- Aerials seem largely intact. Fair might kill slightly later, but the difference isn't significant if so.
- Arcfire might have been slightly buffed in terms of damage? I mean, very slightly. If every hit connects, I get 12% as opposed to 11%. It still set-ups into aerials. Haven't checked Gigafire/double Arcfire, but I'm very bad at that on 3DS. Might kill later? I can't recall what percent Arcfire killed at before the patch, but I'm reasonably sure it was earlier than around 200% (with 110% rage) at the edge of Omega Ferox.

I'm afraid I can't test anything more granular than that. I was expecting uair nerfs, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Thoron got slapped pretty hard, though. I just wish grab range got buffed.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Strong Thoron's Damage is unchanged to me. Testing on unpatched 3DS-version and patched Wii U-version and both are consistently 18%.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Thoron going from 15% to 18% depends on the target. Wider characters will take the full force of the hit, while thinner, smaller characters avoid the 3% hit.

One other thing

Wind Jab - Linking seems to be much better, getting all hits to connect at low percentages and even at the KO percent, though just barely.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
So, if the numbers on the frame data thread are right, Elwind might have been nerfed veeeery slightly. Form what I've been getting, it does 5/5 instead of 5/6, though it does 7/5 when it spikes.

Is this new, or is the thread just not updated or something?

EDIT: Also, is it only me, or is the pummel faster?

Last edited:

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
I can agree with the wind jab linking a lot more consistently.

Edit: Also you can pick up books after they land on platforms, instead of them disappearing in your hand.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Robin's dash attack was also buffed from 7% to 10%. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but F-Smash + U-Smash seem SLIGHTLY less laggy. Probably the hype and lack of sleep. But oh well.

EDIT: Elwind seems to be slightly buffed in terms of recovery, as well as the range of N-Air (which can be great for gimping). Arcfire may travel differently as well. Please, if any of these are sleep-loss induced, disprove my theories.

Last edited:

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
It depends on where you hit dash attack, the hit at start-up is 10% while the tip of the sword at the end of the move is 6%.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Still don't understand where I got 7% from. All of my previous claims are also based on a feel that I had for Robin, I'm expecting them to get shot down. I'm still hype though, Robin definitely had some changes that help out.

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
robin seems faster to me, anyone else? Specifically run speed and aerial movement speed.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I can confirm that ftilt no longer has a dead zone, and doubling Wind Jab linking properly.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Double jab to wind linking feels much more natural like everyone says. He sorta steps forward and I find that most of my opponents just get hit repeatedly near Robin's face as they DI out

Nair seems faster in some way? Or has a higher hitbox if some sort? Maybe it's just me

Thoron seems a tad weaker, but I can't confirm anything. Seems to give less knockback or something

His general air speed seems like it's faster. He can drift through the air a bit faster it seems

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
robin seems faster to me, anyone else? Specifically run speed and aerial movement speed.
Dash speed is definitely unchanged.

Can anyone give any definitive statement on the grab? I didn't notice any difference, but I have a terrible memory about these things.

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
From what I noticed, Arcfire and Arcthunder is harder to DI and escape out of before the last hit.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can confirm NEW CHANGES (Testing 3 versions: 1.02 3DS, 1.05 3DS, 1.06 Wii U):

RobinF Levin Sword Durability Indicator Glitch FIXED (Did not Flash for Female in previous versions)
Wind jab is faster, Hits connect significantly more consistently, including the final hit.
Books no longer disappear (despite being picked up) if they touch a platform. (BATTLEFIELD BUFF)

I can confirm (Testing 3 versions: 1.02 3DS, 1.05 3DS, 1.06 Wii U):

Dash/Walk speed is identical. (Tested Side-by-side on 3DS versions)
Thoron Damage is the same. (18%)
Nos still leaves you in Helpless. :(
All Damage values identical. (Did not test Soaring/Gliding Elwind)

Not explicitly confirmed, but based on feel:

Grab range seems identical.
Thoron KB slightly nerfed. Kills DK (neutral positions on BF) at 152 in 1.02, 158 in 1.05.

Can De-confirm:
F-tilt deadspot is NOT completely gone. It seems better, but I was able to produce a whiff by having Marth walk into me.
Pummel speed is NOT faster (1.02 vs. 1.06)

Robin's dash attack was also buffed from 7% to 10%. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but F-Smash + U-Smash seem SLIGHTLY less laggy. Probably the hype and lack of sleep. But oh well.

EDIT: Elwind seems to be slightly buffed in terms of recovery, as well as the range of N-Air (which can be great for gimping). Arcfire may travel differently as well. Please, if any of these are sleep-loss induced, disprove my theories.
De-confirming all of these.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Well we got the books-on-platforms thing at least. Not really a buff as much as a fix, but I'll still call that a win.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wind Jab and the book-plat fix are the big wins here.
So, how much does this improve Robin? A new jab option and better tomes certainly seem significant.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
That's all then? I was hoping for more, but the nerf to some of our worst matchups should make things better at least.

Ayyyy, the Wind Jab buff is dope

IsGamer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IsGamer
3DS FC
0490-6907-6386
Definitely liking the wind jab, the book-plat and the arcfire's DI getting a fix, this will greatly improve Robin, I honestly love these changes, although I would had liked a grab range buff, but hey, I still find this to be great.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
I'm being told that Elfire and the Levin Sword takes more time to respawn now? About 2 seconds more.

I haven't been able to test, since I'm at work. Can someone confirm this for me?

MajorasMask9

Smash Rookie
I just did some very quick tests for the tome/levin sword respawn times using Wii U 1.0.6 and 3DS 1.0.5. They seem completely identical.

Also, while I know it seems impossible to compare Thoron knockback using the Wii U and 3DS, just throwing my potentially incorrect observation that it seems the knockback is unaltered, but this could use further testing from someone with an old version of the Wii U game.

IsGamer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IsGamer
3DS FC
0490-6907-6386
I'm being told that Elfire and the Levin Sword takes more time to respawn now? About 2 seconds more.

I haven't been able to test, since I'm at work. Can someone confirm this for me?
Arcfire lasts about 11 seconds to refresh, and levin takes 8 secs, I counted and I don't see any 13 and 10 seconds respectively, or maybe I just timed it wrong, but I still seem to wait the same amount of time.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I am really liking this patch though. (especially with these buffs/nerfs.) A lot of things were fixed up that needed to be.

IsGamer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IsGamer
3DS FC
0490-6907-6386
I am really liking this patch though. (especially with these buffs/nerfs.) A lot of things were fixed up that needed to be.
As I stated earlier, I really am loving the buffs, I don't really mind the Thoron knockback nerf because I use elthunder and arcthunder much more than that, besides, this is the deserved punishment of these for glory robins out there :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom