• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

Matsushi

True Blood
Hello, fellow @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 ~ :dr^_^:

1. What's your idea of a perfect pizza?

2. What is your biggest strength and weakness?

3. What made you want to main Robin/Falco in Smash 4?

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I was just bout to answer questions myself and turned into the interviewee instead ok then. I'm typing this on my phone so spell checks beware.

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222

1. What is your philosophy of life?

2. When and how did you get into the competitive scene (not necessarily Smash)?

3. If I were to randomly find myself in Omaha, NE, where would be the best place to acquire some pho?
1. My philosophy on life is just be good to people overall and be a good person. I'm pretty straight forward on that.

2. I got into the competitive scene from seeing old competitive melee matches on YT several years ago and learning about Evo championship series on G4'S Icons a few years prior when i was around 12. I was also a cocky loudmouth brat who will beat his friends all the time in smash and other fg's growing up and thought he was hot stuff so i went to my first video game tournament with two friends in May of 2008 two months after brawl came out and didn't had a main back then but was using Marth, MK, Snake and Falco back then and went 2-2( technically 1-2 cause of a bye) and lost to a link player in a close set and lost to a peach so i got salty and obtain the hunger from there. I also MM a kid for tokens at the arcade where the brawl tournament was at (family fun center) and 3 stock some fox player with MK on FD so i have fun.

Afterwards i was hooked but couldn't go to tournaments or interact with my local scene in person for a year cause my mom didn't understand video game events and was cautious of your son going to events especially at peoples places which was understandable and on top of that i live on the other side of town with no transportation and license and the events was the other side of town on top of that my avatar on smashboards back then was a selfie of me but my local scene thought it was one of thier buddies who was a known troll and who clutter up our meet up and social threads with spam took a random picture off of google and made a new account until i showed up out of the woodwork and proved that i was a real person lol and it took off from there. I stopped smash seriously around later half of 2011 due to wanting to focusing on school and such and Brawl was getting really frustrating for me in terms of the meta and other stuff and on top of my brawl scene dying off cause alot of us were young and college was knocking on our doors. I went into traditional fighting games several months after that with Soul Calibur V and some Tekken Tag tournament 2 for a bit but came back to the smash scene when P.M 3.0 came out and blew up.

3. i have a few places to hit up if you want some Pho. Gold mountain, Saigon surface, true Asia and omelet and Viet cuisine is a few places that i can think of ATM.

What are some of your favorite games to play outside of Smash?

What games hold your favorite soundtrack?

Any other hobbies outside of gaming?

If you had the option to play any game over for the first time, spoiler free, what game would you play?
1. Outside of smash I'm pretty open to stuff my favorite games though are star fox 64, main line pokemon games, Fire Emblem games as a recent years, Devil may cry 3, LOZ:ALTTP, f zero Gx, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Okami, Crash Team Racing , Paper mario and TTYD, Metal Slug, War of the Monsters, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance , Mega Man X

2. Hmm thats a tough one it comes down to mega man x usually outside of that game Devil may Cry 3, MGR:R and HG/SS

3. I love to see new places and i like to hit up restuarnts and museums and reading. I used to love making pottery actually and get entranced by it from time to time actually but haven't messed with it since high school.

4. LOZ: OOT

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hello, fellow @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 ~ :dr^_^:

1. What's your idea of a perfect pizza?

2. What is your biggest strength and weakness?

3. What made you want to main Robin/Falco is Smash 4?
1. My perfect pizza would be a giant meat lovers pizza with multiple types of cheese and pineapple with a thick crust.

2. My strengths i feel like would be my calm demeanor combined with my loud mouth and curosity and hunger for knowledge. As for weakness i would say is laziness and boredom for activities to finish stuff at times.

3. The reason for Robin is because robin was my most wanted new comer along with Lucina and Robin helps breaks the mold of pretty blue hair swordsman of royalty and with the movesets Robin possesses i got ecstatic with robin reveal trailer. As for falco he is my favorite Star Fox character and favorite character in smash and my first character i put serious time to and entered tournament play with In brawl.From his huge jumps to his blaster of 64 fox of old to his cocky attitude and playstyle all the while being a smart mouth in the star fox games i played him any chance i get and will never dropped the bird.

I went into smash 4 knowing he was gonna get nerfed and friends and local players gave me crap but i wanted to prove then wrong and make folks salt with him. He does play differently in every smash game cause of his changes though and he reminds me of Ivy in Soul calibur at times cause of the changed playstyle in each game. I havent been playing him much lately cause of Robin buffs but i will never drop the bird as i play a Star fox character every smash game since its my favorite Nintendo series.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What characters do you play in PM? What made you want to pick them up?

Would you want to see a PM version of Smash 4?

If you could change one thing about your characters in PM/Smash 4, would you change anything?

Do you play any other games outside of Smash competitively?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What characters do you play in PM? What made you want to pick them up?

Would you want to see a PM version of Smash 4?

If you could change one thing about your characters in PM/Smash 4, would you change anything?

Do you play any other games outside of Smash competitively?
1. I play Roy, Zelda and Ganondorf in PM. Before you ask i dont use falco in PM cause i don't wanna affect my melee falco with pm falco and all the new difference like RAR, B reverse, DACUS and wave bouncing. I was always a fan of PM and played it on and off since 1.0 and when i took a break from competitive smash and came back cause of PM specially 3.0 with Roy's inclusion and making him not butt and the turnaround option on the 4th hit of DED made me excited. Beforehand Ganondorf was my main and I won some money matches with him early 2.0 time against one of the PMDT dev's by using B reverse wizard's foot and flame choke which was untechable back then.

2. Yeah i would love to outta curiosity to see the new characters in a melee environment specially Robin, Mega Man, WFT and Greninja.

3. Honestly for smash 4 buff Falco by removing end lag on lasers and and a full hitbox on side b and rework the the frames on his jab for less blind spots and more smooth transition into his jab finisher and thats it ATM. For pm nothing really.

4. After i quit smash seriously i started playing soul caliber V and a little tekken tag 2 for a bit with more focus on soul caliber V but came back to smash when PM 3.0 dropped. Nowadays outside of smash 4 i play a little bit of GG XRD.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What stage were you most excited to see be brought in/back in Smash 4?

Of all the new music that was added in, do you have a favorite track out of them?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That was rather limited. :/

Voting begins once more. It ends tomorrow morning.

@ Kotor Kotor : 1
@
@

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm gonna cast my vote to @ Kotor Kotor

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What's your favorite Jojo part?

Favorite Jojo character (I'm pretty sure I know who it is)?

What Stand did you get from this Stand Generator? http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html
1. Well I'm limited to only the first three parts but between those I place my vote for Part 2.

Stand Name: Sweetness

Stand Ability: [Nightmare Manipulation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Manipulation)

Power – A

Speed – C

Range – B

Durability – E

Precision – D

Potential – C

Description: The power to enter and manipulate nightmares. A sub-power of Sleep Manipulation, variation of Dream Manipulation. User can enter and manipulate the nightmares of oneself and others, including modifying, suppressing, fabricating, influencing, manifesting, sensing, and observing nightmares. The overwhelming shock, fear, anxiety and terror can prove too suffocating for the victim in which their hearts might explode or brains might die.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

What games have some of your favorite music to them?

Is Jojo your favorite anime? Are you even a big anime watcher? If Jojo isn't you favorite anime, then what is? You can list off 5 or so if you have a hard time choosing.

If you had the option to play a game over for the first time, spoiler free, what game would you play?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

What games have some of your favorite music to them?

Is Jojo your favorite anime? Are you even a big anime watcher? If Jojo isn't you favorite anime, then what is? You can list off 5 or so if you have a hard time choosing.

If you had the option to play a game over for the first time, spoiler free, what game would you play?
1. Super Mario series, Fire Emblem, Tomodachi Life, Donkey Kong Country series, Legend of Zelda series, Kirby series, Pokémon, Bravely Default, Phoenix Wright, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Hyrule Warriors, and Paper Mario.
It’s mainly Nintendo but there are other non-Nintendo games I’ve played.

2. Everything from Super Mario World (even if I play the game with no volume on, I’ll just hum the theme to whatever level I’m in), Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates (I may not have Fates but I did dive into the music in addition to the spoilers), Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts series, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, Paper Mario: TTYD, and Tomodachi Life.

3. Well... I’m not really a big anime watcher. I just watch whatever piques my interests. JoJo was one of those case largely because of the whole It was me, Dio meme. Besides JoJo, I have watched Kill la Kill (even though I know what happens in the last episodes, I’ve yet to actually seen them), another anime I’m keeping quiet for reasons, and.... I guess Pokémon when I was young. I don’t watch Pokémon anymore since Ash is doomed to lose every single Pokémon League he participates in. That’s... really all I got on my anime resume.

4. Bravely Default. I actually managed to avoid looking into one of the game’s spoilers. I even stopped myself from looking at that spoiler’s boss fight on Youtube. The buildup kept eating me up I actually rushed through the two boss fights that came before the showdown with the spoiler. I finally got to that point spoiler free. Why would I want to play this game spoiler free if I managed to avoid the spoiler I mentioned above?
Airy. I learned about the game’s multiple endings so I looked into what I had to do. I saw Airy’s name listed as a boss. Threw me off more than feeling sad I spoiled myself. Then again, I probably would have found out about Airy’s true nature if I looked up the explanation behind the “Reawaken the Crystals again” during those last 4 chapters out of boredom.

Ringabel and Alternis being the same person was a much bigger deal to me. I was actually looking forward to the inevitable fight against him since Ringabel kept disappearing whenever Alternis appeared and Alternis getting injured during one of the Council Meetings and Ringabel returning to the group after a failed attempt of getting a girl with the same injury as Alternis pushed me further into believing they were the same person. I did however start to grow suspicious that something wasn’t right when the cryptic messages from D’s Journal didn’t play out the way they were written and Alternis and Ringabel appearing separately at Chapter 4 crushed my theory but made me more curious into knowing what was Alternis’s face under that mask. I was right in a way, but Ringabel hailing from an alternate universe was something that never crosses my mind.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sorry for answering this last set of questions but I don't have internet at home ATM so I can only answer them when I get access.
What stage were you most excited to see be brought in/back in Smash 4?

Of all the new music that was added in, do you have a favorite track out of them?
1. I was excited for Castle Siege brought back along with Wily's Castle, Lylat Cruise and Wily's Castle being added in.

2. There's quite a few actually a lot of them are from Xenoblade Chronicles, Megaman series , and some of the tracks from the coliseum stage. My favorite song would have to be the Coliseum series melody that beat is sick and gets me pumped I love playing on that Omega stage outside of that Suzaku castle but no Guile's theme :( .

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Here's my questions @ Kotor Kotor

Who do you like fighting and hate fighting in smash 4?
You pay attention to the competitive scene at all and if you do whose your favorite players to watch?
How is your local smash scene in your area if you have one at all?
Any buffs and nerfs you would give to characters?
What attracted you to play Robin or any other character you play in this game?
Your characters best and worst MU's?
Anything that irk you about what people say about your character?
PM smash 4 edition yay, nah or meh?
What is your favorite FE game?
Your favorite classes in FE?
Favorite weapon in FE (Version of a weapon like FE7 Brave Sword for example can use used)?
Favorite characters in the FE universe?
Favorite movie?
Favorite video game series and developer studios?
Favorite PKMN and type?
Favorite comic series if you have any/ read comics?
Favorite food?
Favorite music?
Immortality or time travel ?
That is all i have to ask ATM.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Here's my questions @ Kotor Kotor

1. Who do you like fighting and hate fighting in smash 4?
2. You pay attention to the competitive scene at all and if you do whose your favorite players to watch?
3. How is your local smash scene in your area if you have one at all?
4. Any buffs and nerfs you would give to characters?
5. What attracted you to play Robin or any other character you play in this game?
6. Your characters best and worst MU's?
7. Anything that irk you about what people say about your character?
8. PM smash 4 edition yay, nah or meh?
9. What is your favorite FE game?
10. Your favorite classes in FE?
11. Favorite weapon in FE (Version of a weapon like FE7 Brave Sword for example can use used)?
12. Favorite characters in the FE universe?
13. Favorite movie?
14. Favorite video game series and developer studios?
15. Favorite PKMN and type?
16. Favorite comic series if you have any/ read comics?
17. Favorite food?
18. Favorite music?
19. Immortality or time travel ?
That is all i have to ask ATM.
1. I love beating up :4wiifitm:. He’s screams of pain fill me with joy. :4peach: annoys me.

2, 3, and 4. I don’t pay attention to any of that stuff. Competitive play is simply not my cup of tea.

5. I loved Fire Emblem Awakening so of course I was going to go to :4robinf:. :4lucina: being a :4marth: Clone didn’t help her though nor did I care about as much as other people did in Awakening (my favorites were Olivia and Cherche by the way).

6. I’m going to assume MU is matchup and well... from the people I have actually played at my college, there’s one friend who plays :4kirby: but he’s not good in Smash in general (though he often ends up at the final two with me), another friend that just plays whatever character has an edgy color scheme, there’s one who plays :4palutena: that figured out my strategy and uses reflect whenever I perform said strategy, but his :4palutena: is not an issue to me. And there are two other friends of mine that actually play Smash. One cycles between :4rob:, :4villager: and :4tlink:. Between the three, :4villager: is a pain because of pocket followed by :4rob: and :4tlink:. The other cycles between :4falcon:, :4dedede:, and :4wario2:. I can’t recall which one is an actual threat to me. It’s usually whatever the circumstance of the match is.

7. Based from what I’ve actually seen, :4robinf: being too slow.

9. Between Awakening and Fire Emblem GBA, Awakening.

10. Hero, Assassin, Sorcerer... that’s really it.

11. The Killing Edge.

12. From Awakening it’s Olivia, Henry, Cherche, Owain, Cynthia, and Inigo. From the world of Elibe it’s Hector, Canas, and Sain.

13. .... The Hobbit Trilogy? I’m not big into movies as much as I used to be.

14. The Super Mario series. Nothing comes up for a favorite Developer.

15. Type is water and as for favorite Pokémon, I’ll go by generation.

16. Don’t read comics.

17. Veal Parmesan

18. Does video game music count?

19. Well, for my character...

"That would be immortality."

Nah

Smash Champion
Where do you find all the images and gifs you have anyway? It seems like you have an image/gif for almost everything.

Favorite color?

What do you want out of life?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
In your personal opinion, if there was one game that you think everyone should play before they die, what game would that be? If it's too hard to choose you could pick one from each console or game company.

Have you played Jojo All Star Battle?

Would you rather be able to use Hamon or have a Stand?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Where do you find all the images and gifs you have anyway? It seems like you have an image/gif for almost everything.

Favorite color?

What do you want out of life?
1. Know Your Meme (or KYM). There’s an image gallery dedicated to reaction images. Some reaction images are situated in the other galleries. (A Smash Bros reaction image is likely to be found in the Smash Bros gallery). The ones that I normally post that hail from Tumblr and imgur are bookmarked.

2. Blue

3. ...... I don’t really know to be honest.

In your personal opinion, if there was one game that you think everyone should play before they die, what game would that be? If it's too hard to choose you could pick one from each console or game company.

Have you played Jojo All Star Battle?

Would you rather be able to use Hamon or have a Stand?
1. Super Mario World.

2. Don’t own a PS3 or know anyone that has a PS3 that owns All Star Battle.

3. Stand.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Is there any youtuber or other video hosting site user whose content you follow? How about writers/bloggers? Do you have any favorites if so?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Is there any youtuber or other video hosting site user whose content you follow? How about writers/bloggers? Do you have any favorites if so?
I'm currently subscribed to and regularly watch videos from GameXplain, AlphaOmegaSin, WiiRikeToPlay, YongYea, EWNetwork, NintendoCaprison, and Maseanela.

I used to be subscribed to a bunch of other people on Youtube but as I grew older, I just lost interest in their content. One of them being Chuggaaconroy. I stopped regularly watching his videos after his LP of Super Paper Mario when he did Okamiden as his next project. I just wasn't interested in that game and waited for his next LP. Unfortunately, his other LPs that came after weren't enough for me to fully invest back into. I tried to do it with Xenoblade Chronicles but due to the nature of that game, I stopped watching after 7 episodes and finally unsubscribed from his channel.

NintendoCaprison is pretty much the only LPer during that era I'm still subscribed to (you can thank Phoenix Wright for keeping him around). Maseanela and WiiRikeToPlay came much after (Masea was after her appearance on Chuggaaconroy's LP of Animal Crossing New Leaf and WiiRikeToPlay occurred last month which I can only assume was because Youtube recommended their LP versus of Super Mario Galaxy after I saw JonTron - I'll Always Love you).

Playeressence for the blogger side. In fact, the writer that runs the site is pretty much the reason I am subscribed to AlphaOmegaSin since he post his reaction videos as articles. Used to visit MyNintendoNews but after an article that compared Super Mario 3D World sales to past Super Mario games and if I can remember called it a failure, that was end of that.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How did I miss updating this for two days.

Sigh.

How would everyone feel about reinterviews? We're kind of running out of candidates at this point.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'd be okay with reinterviews, or we could also just start interviewing some frequent members of the Robin Social who don't play Robin.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How did I miss updating this for two days.

Sigh.

How would everyone feel about reinterviews? We're kind of running out of candidates at this point.
It would be fine but you have a few more guys that you can still do before reinterviews.

....Just saying.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
No one asked me the very important questions.... so I'll just ask and answer them myself!

リョウマ_bu_キメ.png

"Why do you love King Garon so much? That man is no "saint." Everything about him screams evil!"
Shut your mouth, you mediocre lobster cosplayer! You are simply blinded by your hatred of Nohr to not realize that everything St. Garon has done has been for the well-being of his people!

アクア_bu_怒.png

"Why do you think I would be the true main antagonist of Fire Emblem Fates? What did I do to deserve such accusations?"
Because it would have been refreshing to have the true mastermind be someone one would least suspect as an antagonist than it going to Garon who just oozes with evil. That's why I targeted you, Aqua but it's okay. I didn't make you into someone that kicks puppies out of boredom immediately after turning evil, just someone with good intentions for doing what they're are doing but the method you go about it is too extreme to solve the issue. You've lost your way.

AngryOwain.png

"Any special reason why you have me lust all over Lucina? Thanks to you, Lucina refuses to train or just spend time with me thanks to everyone shouting "hand hungers" at us!"
Sure, I posted that hand hungers gif on all those Lucina images over there. I simply wanted a Fire Emblem reaction image to post on those images and I remembered the hand hungers gif uploaded there a year before Lucina's Smash reveal and finally put it to good use. The reactions I got from posting the gif made me laugh and I continued to post it again and again until other people decided to play along and posted that gif as well. I'm surprised it has even expanded to Ophelia. I guess your sword hand has no limits.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'd still like to keep this thing alive though because it is a nice idea. If we're in need of people to interview then let's get some.

I can think of one right now c:

His name starts with a D,

He likes Robin (obviously)

Some of you already know him;

That's right @Delzethin

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was mainly giving this a few days to sink in, but if Delzethin agrees we could start the next interview period tomorrow or whenever Delly responds.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*Taps foot impatiently*

:p

I know I'm not the most active Robin, but I've been here for a while, So I wouldn't object to an AMA.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*Taps foot impatiently*

:p

I know I'm not the most active Robin, but I've been here for a while, So I wouldn't object to an AMA.
Same. I always wanted to do a Q&A. You can sign me up for it

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've had a lot on my hands lately, but I'll get back to this.

I'll coin flip to see which of you goes first.

Top Bottom